Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? (35067 Views)

Woman’s Horror As Fillet Of Fish ‘jumps Up And Down’ While Cooking In Oven(Pix) / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / No More Stress While Cooking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by swiz123(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
I forgot to add pepper.
Ate it for a while wondering what the Bleep was wrong with the rice before a noticed

4 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by ipobarethieves: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
sad
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by KingAzubuike(f): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Adding locust beans (iru) to noodles.

I couldn't even eat it.

9 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by NaijadrivaCars: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin
lipsrsealed
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Pharaoh350s(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Normal thing
Too much salt

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by MrMcJay(m): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2020
Just a little more salt, just a little more salt, Oya put small more.

It ended in tears.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Naturally, the kitchen is not my favourite place... so, I can't relate with what y'all are saying. To put it simply: I can't cook. I don't even bother with that either.

Meanwhile, I will just waste some time here reading "testimonies".

Amuse. Don't bore me.

3 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by YummySuits(f): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Poured Kerosene inside fried rice instead of groundnut oil
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by friday23rd(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
I remember then when I was a boy , my father told me to cook, fried rice for him, na so I carry oil , put am for pot , put am ontop fire begin park raw rice put inside, lol,

16 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Yxxx: 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
Excess or less salt.
Still do.

1 Like

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Haywhymido(m): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2020
na wa
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by blowjohn(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Not pounding the Afang( ogazi) before cooking it.
Ended up chewing strands of the leaves like a ruminant.

32 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Emmastan291: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
After cooking egusi soup. As I was bringing it down from the stove, everything poured down...I felt like crying.

25 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by OlawaleBammie: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Like around 20yrs back, me and my igede friends together with my immediate junior sister went to osun river in our town to fetch all those tiny river snails(not the flat one oo, the round one... we normally called it kòrògbíngbín)

We brought the little we could fetch home and we tried to make fire on the normal fire spot called ADIRO in yoruba.

We succeeded in making the fire but finding the pot to use in frying it became a mirage as all pots were filled with one content or the other.

We had successfully stole the palm oyel and salt(dos are d only ingredients needed grin ) but we couldn't locate a single pot to carry out our assignment.

then we resorted into using a plastic, we poured an oyel and put the plastic on the fire....gbam!!! in a second we couldn't find the plastic, we didn't even know if it was stolen from the fire or it got burnt grin but we saw it wen it caught fire grin

After some minutes of rumination, Orshom(my igede nigga) went to his mama room to turn away the content in one of his mama's pot., we washed it as we could and put on fire.

we have bn hearing that palm oyel needed to b made hot before tins should b added, den we tried to do our own.

as we saw that smoke is already coming from the pot(now we had added oyel) den we put all the korogbingbins inside... vooooom ..everything catch fire inside the pot grin

Oku babanla eni to maa lo so potu kale cheesy

After everything got burnt patapata, the fire quenched..CHAIIII OUR POT DON TURN TO BITUMEN..

We tried to was it but na lie, e no gree wash.

If u do dis, u know the next tin African parent would do to u naw grincheesy

My nyash no go forget that day even if i do.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Kinematics: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Digitiminimi:
I mistakenly added salt twice to a melon soup.

Too much salt is the commonest mistake.

4 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
YummySuits:
Poured Kerosene inside fried rice instead of groundnut oil

What happens to the odour of the kerosene, if I may put it that way?

Didn't you pick up the odour before pouring it in?

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
I poured liquid soap instead of groundnut oil into a heated fry pan

3 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Medunah: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
One time, My mom made moi moi and totally forgot to put groundnut oil.
She didn't remember at all until she had wrapped Every thing and put it on fire.
That was how the whole family ate it

10 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by sizer07: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
My mistake ....i Ate the whole food in the process of testing for maggi and salt while the food is still on the fire.Op nbok if there is no better thread to bring kuku ma go n rest lau

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
iyke926:
This was back in undergrad days, I cooked a bitter bitterleaf soup. The seller didn't wash the leaves well and I didn't know about tasting the bitterleaf and re-washing it. After cooking, the soup was fvcking bitter like chloroquine. Chai! When my course mate called from another hostel, to know how far with the food. I told him soup never done o grin grin

In other words you ended up preparing a new herbal remedy for malaria instead of bitterleaf soup.

Not totally a bad a thing if you ask me. sad

8 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Denique(f): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
iyke926:
This was back in undergrad days, I cooked a bitter bitterleaf soup. The seller didn't wash the leaves well and I didn't know about tasting the bitterleaf and re-washing it. After cooking, the soup was fvcking bitter like chloroquine. Chai! When my course mate called from another hostel, to know how far with the food. I told him soup never done o grin grin

I laugh chloroquinically
Atleast you're immune to Covid-19 wink

6 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by kingPhidel(m): 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
Baryern munic VS Chelsea 2nd loading grin Leh me goan read comments while waiting for UEFA to resume the second leg grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by dalass(f): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

In other words you ended up preparing a new herbal remedy for malaria instead of bitterleaf soup.

cheesy
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Forget to add salt
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by SweetCunt97(f): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
Wanted to make eba but used Granulated Sugar instead. It was dark sha... Simply wasted one mudu of sugar meant for baking.

4 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nnatuu: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
I poured enough salt inside my pap...though it was sugar!

And that was the last pap in the house
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The meats were even bitter sef sad

2 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by akpunda86: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Una own fine.Na my girlfriend Amaka for aba.was a sunday after borrowing money to do stew with one fowl we kill.After our vigorous indoor exercise i was lying on bed waiting for my amaka to dish stew after boiling rice.

Guys i begin dey perceive coffee kai i cum wake up immediately. This girl put raw coffee on my shelf as sauce.condemned the whole stew.
Was given a RED card immediately.

7 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Sanchez01: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Cooked beans while sleepy. I can't forget that day in a hurry. Prepped beans in my kitchen and laid on the bed to sleep. I was starving and sleepy at the same time and knew I'd have nightmares if I skipped dinner.

Not too long, my entire apartment was engulfed in smoke from the burning beans and I had no idea. I had not slept for two straight days over an exam I was preparing for and I had not the faintest idea what was happening in my kitchen.

My neighbours noticed the heavy smoke filtering from my apartment, banged on my door repeatedly, only for me to wake up drowsy, walked to the door and told them I was doing it on puporse, then went back to sleep!

My kitchen was near flames that day. I luckily got up later when the noise was much outside my apartment. My neighbours were staging a break in as they suspected all wasn't well. Strangely, I got up and went to the kitchen, put out the gas then went back to sleep.

I slept through the smoke, didn't choke or cough for a minute. I couldn't believe my eyes the next morning. The burnt beans was rock solid burnt in the pot that I had to throw the pot away.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Letting my food burn
Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
enemmo:

Ah..we poured it away, it was really tasteless. I think we made another one. Thank God things were much better then in Nigeria

So, in the economic situation of present-day Nigeria, you guys would have gone on to eat the "bubbly stew" regardless, right?

6 Likes

Re: What's That Worst Mistake You Ever Made While Cooking? by Rhesusmonkey(m): 6:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
One iya agbo gave me snuff for tooth ache, so when i got home I mistakenly kept it on the kitchen table.
So that evening, my kid bro was cooking beans and saw the snuff thinking it was dry pepper, poured almost everything inside the beans, not until the snuff start reacting on the beans the guy noticed say the matter don pass people matter.
We had to wash the beans again and continued where we stopped.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Would You Prepare With This Smoked Fish? / See The Cost Of Foodstuffs In Benue (photos) / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.