Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85791 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Exjoker(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
America is truly land of free.. and some slowpoke would prefer chinese to them, some mumu wey no fit manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of matters in their family go come here kon dey tell trump how to govern America. dem mumu wey go rush America visa without thinking twice if given the opportunity.. but would always come nairaland to bash trump as if their dullard is doing well
Your own mumu pass this Americans own self. Just imagine what you are saying!! You can't compare the way the Chinese handle this pandemic with the Americans. The Chinese did better by far to an extent Triumph is even jealous. He started blaming WHO for giving the Chinese more preference than the Americans. To be honest, the Chinese have a better way of controlling crowd than the Americans. Look at China, they were able to arrest and halt the pandemic - something the almighty USA is still struggling to do.
Freedom is good but too much of it can corrupt the mind a philosopher will tell you that.
In this pandemic, even Nigeria is doing better in handling the situation than the USA.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

And of death rate spikes? What will be your conclusion. You didn't address that.

When did Democrats tell people to disregard Trump? Trump himself downplayed Corona before arrival. Toyed with it.

It's democracy. He has veto powers. Excluding bail out packages he got approval for, what other move has he made that he got approval? He uses same power.

So why the delay? He joked with it.
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Give me reasons why you like Trump. Don't get fake by what he tells you. 90% are lies.

Build a wall Mexico will pay for?
China tarriffs that consumers are paying for?
International diplomacy? America made more enemies under Trump

Immigration was the only thing he got right!

It's still a government for the rich.
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by onelovenigeria(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=Susu888 post=88678195]

But thats just the issue here!! It cannot be applied.
Are you people waking up to the Coronavirus today or something??

How many countries tried the mask nd glove shit?? You think countries like italy, france nd Britain will agree to loose billions in revenue if there was a way people would interact without passing the virus??

Staying home is the last result.

Jeeeez!! How can people be so crass ?? undecided
Hello no one is been crass here and mind you everyone it entitled to their opinions....but it difficult and life have to go on ...we all know that vaccine take time ....but people need to get back to work and life ....so social distancing and use of mask and gloves is till the best ....while you can close the most vulnerable place on contact like event centre clubs and hotel ...let the world reopen partly .
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
rottennaija:

We know how to deal with malaria, typhoid, syphilis etc, even someone with chronic underlying situation can manage these you have mentioned.

But do you know how to manage this with Covid-19? Covid-19 is that dangerous because we have not known way of dealing with it.

Now get this. Even with our knowledge of the management of the above mentioned diseases, their death rate is higher than 5%.

Now we have a sickness whose death rate is lower than 5% without management.

After 2 months, people are beginning to see there is no solution in sight. Do you truly expect people to stay at home till then?

Who will feed them, pay their rent, their utility bills. Who will resurrect their businesses. Even in war people come out after the raid is over.

Is there any sense in staying on lockdown for a year when the sickness will most likely fade away on its own way before then without lockdown?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Digmygold: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2020
kolafolabi:
Lockdown is for our own good. We should all abide by it. This is just temporary

These people had worthless lives even before Corona. They are tired of life, are super frustrated and want to die. Ubunja replicas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 8:39am On Apr 21, 2020
doggedfighter:

Thank you, I was wondering what he's putting on. What does Bill Gates got to do with it?

Becos some school of thought believe the corona issue is an engineered effort spearheaded by Bill gates to force the world into taking an already prepared vaccine that has sinister motives of depopulation through mass sterilization of the masses, mind control and dumbing of people..

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, imagine me telling you to drop your phone at home because someone might steal it later in the day. Will you listen to me? I don't think so, because while my concern is valid, I lack evidence.

Now imagine me telling you same thing after you have heard a gunshots in the area, would you listen to me? I think you would, because now, even though you have not been robbed, you have seen evidence that you could be robbed.

Sir, the only reason Trump could act on a later day without backlash from Congress was because at a later date there was evidence the disease was a threat. And even at that, Democrats brought a bill to the house wanting to remove that power from him.

There was nothing Trump could have done without sufficient evidence to support it, and as of November/December, the evidence was not just there. Without evidence. Veto power can be voted against. Did you really expect Trump not to lose a battle of Veto during an impeachment trial?

Come on now.

One question will always be asked in any scenario where their is a leaders. Did he act or was just thinking of consequences?

At this stage, who takes sole responsibility? The leader.

Do you follow Fox news, They also downplayed it. Republicans downplayed it on TV saying it's just a normal flu.

Anybody could have said anything. They not the president. When the heat comes down, it comes to the president. Who is addressing the people now, the president. Who is facing the press, the president. No one will blame Democrats or Republicans that down played it.

Nobody is even taking about those that downplayed it now. The whole attack is on Trump. That he failed to note.

Let me see if I can get videos of people downplaying the virus before it got to the US.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Denko2721987:

Becos some school of thought believe the corona issue is an engineered effort spearheaded by Bill gates to force the world into taking an already prepared vaccine that has sinister motives of depopulation through mass sterilization of the masses, mind control and dumbing of people..
Thanks for this
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by rottennaija(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Now get this. Even with our knowledge of the management of the above mentioned diseases, their death rate is higher than 5%.

Now we have a sickness whose death rate is lower than 5% without management.

After 2 months, people are beginning to see there is no solution in sight. Do you truly expect people to stay at home till then?

Who will feed them, pay their rent, their utility bills. Who will resurrect their businesses. Even in war people come out after the raid is over.

Is there any sense in staying on lockdown for a year when the sickness will most likely fade away on its own way before then without lockdown?
We don't need to stay in lockdown for a year if we are serious with ourselves. China Wuhan stayed fro 3 months and they lifted it.

But if we keep continuing this our irresponsible attitude, we will end up staying for a year and that when we will face the real hunger.

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

One question will always be asked in any scenario where their is a leaders. Did he act or was just thinking of consequences?

At this stage, who takes sole responsibility? The leader.

Do you follow Fox news, They also downplayed it. Republicans downplayed it on TV saying it's just a normal flu.

Anybody could have said anything. They not the president. When the heat comes down, it comes to the president. Who is addressing the people now, the president. Who is facing the press, the president. No one will blame Democrats or Republicans that down played it.

Nobody is even taking about those that downplayed it now. The whole attack is on Trump. That he failed to note.

Let me see if I can get videos of people downplaying the virus before it got to the US.
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Are you saying 42k in seven weeks is healthy, with 13k + coming from one state. No... That's outrageous. It's not war.

[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2020
the chickens are coming to roost, the Americans have begun to see the scam played on them, lockdown is a flop.

the world should copy Sweden, that country has not been on lockdown and its infection rates minimal.

its time to wake up, stop burying your empty skulls in the sand, problems are confronted not wished away.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 8:43am On Apr 21, 2020
@cococandy

What do you think?

I would have thought Americans would be content staying at home considering the high positives and deaths.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2020
awhybliss:
See how protest mature!!!
USA is everybody boss.. argue with yourself

Go and watch the video of the protest and you will know it was extremely immature.

US asslickers

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, imagine me telling you to drop your phone at home because someone might steal it later in the day. Will you listen to me? I don't think so, because while my concern is valid, I lack evidence.

Now imagine me telling you same thing after you have heard a gunshots in the area, would you listen to me? I think you would, because now, even though you have not been robbed, you have seen evidence that you could be robbed.

Sir, the only reason Trump could act on a later day without backlash from Congress was because at a later date there was evidence the disease was a threat. And even at that, Democrats brought a bill to the house wanting to remove that power from him.

There was nothing Trump could have done without sufficient evidence to support it, and as of November/December, the evidence was not just there. Without evidence. Veto power can be voted against. Did you really expect Trump not to lose a battle of Veto during an impeachment trial?

Come on now.
Everybody did, Fox, Democrat, Republicans. Check on YouTube. Loads of them

If I showed you CNN, you will say it's fake. This is fox news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKbwDf51bA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.

When the President is stylish supporting them. Politicized every fu*king thing talk another say another now is 40k and this idiots have forgotten that if they Die Trump doesn't give a shit....

Very Stupid people no one prays for it maybe when e reach 100k.. including those supporting this Rubbish... then USA go get sense..

Na rat dey die in Thousands... like that... in short
this guys r stupid...

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 21, 2020
Greatken007:
Staying at home is the best approach to curb this pandemic but i think theirs has been over stretched. May God heal the universe.

go ahead stay at home, Sweden didn't impose any lockdown and their infection rate is one of the lowest, make your home your graveyard.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2020
Vulcan24:

all his facts got checked and even the ones u stated here aren't consequential to his actions

disbanding pandemic team or not funding them isn't a fault... those are economic policies good for them as at that time.

summary: everyone maybe except u knows

China suppressed information and who abetted them esp the claim that human to human transmission is not possible and saying travel ban is not needed.

anyways if u are bent on seeing his faults u will see it no matter wat
The claim of human to human transmission not possible happened early in the pandemic and because of the nature of the virus.
Am not bent on seeing his fault, the faults are there for everyone to see.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2020
Studiousme:
@ Aflix. they were not given a dim in USA... if you have a friend there, call to confirm.

My dad and his wife got paid...
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2020
bukatyne:
@cococandy

What do you think?

I would have thought Americans would be content staying at home considering the high positives and deaths.

you make it sound as if people started dying when convid came, useful idiots like are the reason why we have irresponsible governments.

let me JumpStart your dead brain cells, people have been dying via diseases, wars and accidents, no one is greater than the other.

if you cant see that then you are lost.

a cure will solve the problem not lockdown.

but you re too dumb to see that.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nairalandmonika: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Blindersoff:

Go and watch the video of the protest and you will know it was extremely immature.

US asslickers
So protest dey get maturity. The point that guy is trying to make is that there was no police brutality unlike Nigeria were person for don die by now
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

And of death rate spikes? What will be your conclusion. You didn't address that.

When did Democrats tell people to disregard Trump? Trump himself downplayed Corona before arrival. Toyed with it.

It's democracy. He has veto powers. Excluding bail out packages he got approval for, what other move has he made that he got approval? He uses same power.

So why the delay? He joked with it.

Sir please do your research, have you noticed they stopped giving information on deaths outside corona virus since it came. In fact one can argue they are deliberately hiding the figures.

Anyhow, here is a fun fact, despite the corona virus deaths, despite the fact they are racking up all deaths to corona virus if they find you have the virus in your system after death (even though you have cancer) the current death rate is still lower than the normal average before corona virus. Do not take my word for it, do your own research.

The fun thing with Veto power is that without evidence supporting the Veto power, Congress and Senate can vote against it. Does a president just battling impeachment really want to enter a battle of veto's?

Then outside veto, you have the law, should he have banned flights earlier without evidence a lot of people would have sued the government and won. Remember they sued him when he banned flights from Muslim countries and forced him to reverse it.

And even with the evidence, do you know Democrats were bringing a bill that would have stripped him of his power to ban flights?

The president is not as powerful as you think in US, and for good reason.

Come on, so you did not see the video of Pelosi, New York Mayor, governor and head of disease control telling people to go about their normal lives and use the subway and go to Chinatown even when CDC advised against it?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2020
rottennaija:

We don't need to stay in lockdown for a year if we are serious with ourselves. China Wuhan stayed fro 3 months and they lifted it.

But if we keep continuing this our irresponsible attitude, we will end up staying for a year and that when we will face the real hunger.

stop wasting your data arguing with these lockdown fanatics, they be been paid to push this shit , when you look at their argument its just a catalogue of BS.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by bereto(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2020
Bill Gates wants you extinct like me grin grin
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So protest dey get maturity. The point that guy is trying to make is that there was no police brutality unlike Nigeria were person for don die by now

Tell that to him who spoke about a matured protest.

It is better they get police brutality and live and go back home to observe lockdown than for them to endanger the lives and health of many and also probably die in the process from covid19 exposure
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Sorry, please my data is low and I don't watch videos for now.

What did everybody do?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by kokomilala(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2020
It's Trump ,the Christian against the likes of Gates,Elon Musk ,Obama etc,the globalists and satanists. So,Trump is prodding those who are, in a way privy to the information.He's saying ' liberate' America and they got the message.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Denko2721987(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Truth is that ever since the masses of the US started getting the real truth about 9/11 as an inside job executed by the then Bush led government, many Americans started losing trust and faith in their government.. That's what has given rise to the many reasonable and also outrageous & unreasonable conspiracy theories of suspicion and fear in the US. And you cant really blame them..
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Vulcan24(m): 8:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

The claim of human to human transmission not possible happened early in the pandemic and because of the nature of the virus.
Am not bent on seeing his fault, the faults are there for everyone to see.

u still not understanding that the two issues responsible for the vast death is WHO claim that human to human transmission is not possible

is that difficult to admit.

what do u mean by nature of virus?

let's close the chapter bro. the damage is done
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by frankson1(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

You think it is just to type without reasoning? People are loosing businesses, they are watching what they have built go down the drain, relationships are being strained, yet you are saying people should stay at home for a sickness that is fatal to less than 5% of those infected. Over 60% of infected will not know they have it, bro, please think well.

They are not staging any protest, they are protesting because they have realized the Democrats blew the sickness out of proportion.

Really! The US have over 700k cases and over 42k deaths and counting and you call it 'blowing out of proportion?

The' blowing out of proportion' is it just in the US or around the world?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.