Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85866 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2020
Politicians are making a mess of this crisis all over the world. From Ghana to Brazil to U.S.A.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Trump winning grin

November is close.
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 10:05am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Good question.

As a politician, As at when I got intelligence report in November, I would have made sure report was validated by another intelligence report with a matter of urgency not exceeding 14days.
If reports are coherent, I will meet with experts, stakeholders, members of my cabinet and governor's, reps and senators to discuss what's at hand.

Such meeting would be key to arrive at prevention and mitigating methodologies which I will activate temporarily for a month while our economy is still running.

By January, world trend will determine if am to stay put on measures like banning flights, or relaxing measures. Which indefinitely won't be doing as awareness has already exploded then.

A month won't hurt as bad as what's happening now. The earlier measures would have exposed us to the true reality.

Of what use is a leader when he can't follow the recommendations of the experts in his cabinet.

Don't forget to clap for me of you impressed
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 21, 2020
Eulalia:
angry

What are they rallying for? They have not been subjected to abject lack and want like Nigerians, yet they can't sit their Butts at home? What if their case was like ours where the govt don't give a hoot if you die or live and all they know is sit at home, what will they do? And to think they have the highest index case and death rate.
Let them chilax abeg.

Very soon it will be over.
They just wanna be able to go out drinking, smoking drugs and having random sex, because at this corona time no drugs for them because drug dealers are indoors and they are not able to pick up one nightstands sex in bars. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Imperare(f): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2020
aaking:

Not Trump but bill gate and fuaci and the Chinese government
But I think the figures aren't correct
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Good question.

As a politician, As at when I got intelligence report in November, I would have made sure report was validated by another intelligence report with a matter of urgency not exceeding 14days.
If reports are coherent, I will meet with experts, stakeholders, members of my cabinet and governor's, reps and senators to discuss what's at hand.

Such meeting would be key to arrive at prevention and mitigating methodologies which I will activate temporarily for a month while our economy is still running.

By January, world trend will determine if am to stay put on measures like banning flights, or relaxing measures. Which indefinitely won't be doing as awareness has already exploded then.

A month won't hurt as bad as what's happening now. The earlier measures would have exposed us to the true reality.

Of what use is a leader when he can follow the recommendations of the experts in his cabinet.

Don't forget to clap for me of you impressed

Good analysis, and would have been perfect had all things been equal.

Now that is almost exactly what he did. However guess what Democrats did with the early recommendations of CDC

They ignored it. The CDC recommended social distancing as early as January. It was with that recommendations Trump said the virus will be over soon.

Can you guess what the Democrats did? They ignored it. They publicly came out and told their states to disregard the early recommendations from CDC and Trump, hence New York.

While your analysis is flawless, you are forgetting the Democrats would still have and did undermine any recommendations from his administration.

Bro, if Trump had acted earlier, they would have disregarded it. Remember when he blocked Chinese people from coming in but his people, remember he recommended quarantine for returnees, remember the governors told their people it was not necessary.

Imagine Trump trying to lockdown the country in January, just imagine the field day they would have had.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Imperare(f): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGbYHJcMbz8

In case you never know about the deep conspiracy about this whole pandemic listen to this my dear.

US is not nigeria

Thank you
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 21, 2020
They just wanna be able to go out get drunk in bars, buy drugs and have sex randomly. drug dealers are indoors, the streets are empty, no drug gangs, no shootings, no drug dealers, no junkies and no prostitutes on american streets..

The corona does have it's positives.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Imperare(f): 10:11am On Apr 21, 2020
gentlesmithugo:
am good, how are you coping with the lockdown
Boring lockdown. Haven't been out for a month now, I feel lonely but nothing much
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 10:12am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

If election was to hold today, Trump is winning with a greater margin.

As for low paying jobs, I think it is time they did away with Unions. Those unions increase the cost of labor like mad.

Union or no union, their jobs Americans can never do.

It's one glaring fact statesike California and Texas Know. Each of this states have economies bigger than that of Canada and they know the importance of immigrants.

If you find an American picking potatoes, he is a junky trying to raise funds for meth. Or he is damn broke and needs money urgently.

He won't do that job for a month once he fixes the urgent problem. They can't just do some jobs.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by wolfenstein(m): 10:14am On Apr 21, 2020
The truth is staying at home is the best to curb the virus, but USA or other countries won't just decide to restrict the lockdown for no reason, they have seen that the more ppl stay at home, the more the economy crashes and there would be nothing again. Take for instance, 9ja crude oil has gone down the drain. Covid19 is here to stay like malaria, believe it or not. People shouting that it's best we stay home, it will get to a stage u ppl will also want it to be restricted. Countries like USA, Germany, France etc. Has seen that they can't handle their citizens again with funds and need to get back up again. Restricting the lockdown will even help us more to be more hygienic........
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by ignosi: 10:14am On Apr 21, 2020
in 2018, Bill Gates said

that the world wasn’t prepared for pandemics, which should “concern us all.”

Speaking at an event hosted by Massachusetts Medical Society and the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) on April 27, 2018, Gates said he believed “the world needs to prepare for pandemics in the same serious way it prepares for war.”

“This preparation includes staging simulations, war games and preparedness exercises so that we can better understand how diseases will spread and how to deal with responses such as quarantine and communications to minimize panic,” Gates said
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 10:15am On Apr 21, 2020
frankson1:

I may agree with you on this, which naturally it should be lower because people are indoors. No random shootings of people in clubs and on the streets. No accidents from speeding drivers etc. But believe me, if there was never a lockdown or it's been lifted, they should be ready to start counting hundreds of thousands of dead bodies.

Reports from Italy few weeks ago was scary.

While I understand this, do you not also think it plausible that Italy blew up the rate so as to get more money after the pandemic is over?

Just think for a moment the aid Italy will receive after this all. Can you not for a moment believe a politician thought about it too?

Do you not think it plausible that a struggling nation fast losing relevance would see the pandemic as a means to ramp up aid. Remember the Italians are as corrupt as we are.

And more importantly, even with all the death rates from the virus, their death rate was just a little above the average before their lockdown.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

If election was to hold today, Trump is winning with a greater margin.

As for low paying jobs, I think it is time they did away with Unions. Those unions increase the cost of labor like mad.
Trump is definitely winning, there are no strong oppositions.

Union is the best thing for any worker or workers trust me, i know, without the union this big money grabbing corporations and companies like Amazons, warl marts and Mcdees. will just treat their workers like shiit.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Good analysis, and would have been perfect had all things been equal.

Now that is almost exactly what he did. However guess what Democrats did with the early recommendations of CDC

They ignored it. The CDC recommended social distancing as early as January. It was with that recommendations Trump said the virus will be over soon.

Can you guess what the Democrats did? They ignored it. They publicly came out and told their states to disregard the early recommendations from CDC and Trump, hence New York.

While your analysis is flawless, you are forgetting the Democrats would still have and did undermine any recommendations from his administration.

Bro, if Trump had acted earlier, they would have disregarded it. Remember when he blocked Chinese people from coming in but his people, remember he recommended quarantine for returnees, remember the governors told their people it was not necessary.

Imagine Trump trying to lockdown the country in January, just imagine the field day they would have had.

Not only Democrats. Everybody downplayed it. Republicans did. CNN did, Fox news did. It wasn't a Democrat thing. Almost all played it down.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by gretblue: 10:17am On Apr 21, 2020
ignis:

How long will the lockdown last?
Those who have lost their lives to covid 19 who have preferred to be under lockdown than to be inside the grave

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 21, 2020
frankson1:

I may agree with you on this, which naturally it should be lower because people are indoors. No random shootings of people in clubs and on the streets. No accidents from speeding drivers etc. But believe me, if there was never a lockdown or it's been lifted, they should be ready to start counting hundreds of thousands of dead bodies.

Reports from Italy few weeks ago was scary.
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2020
kingPhidel:
who your aggressive epp..... Jokosile! Nyen Nyen Nyen Nyen Nyen... You are even proud of been aggressive as if it's an achievement.. cheesy Oya use your aggressive and collect palliative this lowdown period na cheesy grin
You Be Fool Though.

I Am Not Hungry or In Need Of The Rubbish Your Government Is Sharing.

I Just Feel For My People Who Are Affected by This Lock Down That Your President Can Not do Anything Reasonable To Help People.

You All That Voted APc would Suffer Till He Leaves Power
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Not only Democrats. Everybody downplayed it. Republicans did. CNN did, Fox news did. It wasn't a Democrat thing. Almost all played it down.
Even the chinese played it down and the italians, here in the UK too. WHO included.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by ignis: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2020
gretblue:

Those who have lost their lives to covid 19 who have preferred to be under lockdown than to be inside the grave

Not all.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Coronavirus is real. The narratives around it is what is nauseating. How can people modify and activate less harmful virus into a dangerous strain, release it in public and then start proffering solution to the problem?

People started questioning the motives behind it as soon as Bill Gates name propped up. But then, don't forget...he is a saviour in Africa and Africans are known to worship anyone (not excluding the devil) with stupendous wealth.

\
which saviour?
The same person who singlehandedly fuccked the whole of South Africa with HIV?
A man who is obsessed with depopulation suddenly wants to save lives
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 21, 2020
kingPhidel:
who your aggressive epp..... Jokosile! Nyen Nyen Nyen Nyen Nyen... You are even proud of been aggressive as if it's an achievement.. cheesy Oya use your aggressive and collect palliative this lowdown period na cheesy grin
Or just stab himself in the eyes. grin grin
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by aaking(m): 10:23am On Apr 21, 2020
Imperare:

But I think the figures aren't correct

Yes the figure is not correct but bill gate and some doctors are conspiring against the world. To put fear on us. Trump halt so many funds because he knew there are so many lies brought to him . If not for Trump that God is using the world shd have been in trouble. Bill gate and others have to use china to get there agenda done but it's backfiring on them because people begins to study what is going on.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Staphylococcus: 10:23am On Apr 21, 2020
gypsey:
Even the chinese played it down and the italians, here in the UK too. WHO included.

China did for economic gains. But I know they will be dealt with later.

But British people hate Trump. How come you are a fan of Trump.

Strange.....
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Nuel4:
which saviour?
The same person who singlehandedly fuccked the whole of South Africa with HIV?
A man who is obsessed with depopulation suddenly wants to save lives
Do you have any proof to this claims?

I am only here to learn.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

A good job. Highest death and infected toll in the world. That's something to boast about.

You don't know Trump, he has shifted blame to Democrats, Press, Governor's, China and it's now WHO. He never takes responsibility for anything.

So we can say he ignored intelligence report and went with that of WHO. It's just a cover up. His friends dropped stocks before the market crash. Does that tell you something?

The pandemic is even a money spindling venture for his sponsors and why Democrats are holding back the new bailouts. They benefiting the most from the bail out. An average American gets peanut and pays more taxes. Its like the poor paying the rich
he is right to blame democrats and press even Pelosi was in Chinatown in February encouraging normal everyday life without face masks or gloves, downplaying the virus

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Who else will take the blame? Pelosi

Pelosi that downplayed it is even attacking Trump. All Fox news host that downplayed it have all changed tongues. So the president is to blame for listening to his Republican and Democrat fellows.

It's politics, elections are close. Do you expect them to pay him on the back. It's normal for them to open his flaws.

You need see the Joe Biden advert. He nailed Trump.

Let me search it out for you. Realistic fact and statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmieUrXwKCc

Than God for once someone is understanding that the Democrats downplayed it as well.

As for Joe's ad, while it is good, you should have seen the comeback Trump released. It was fatality. They started it with his interview saying Trump was racist in banning flights from China. They finish Joe with that advert oh.

Also, they stated realistic facts too.

1) The Democrats said they did not need to ban flights from China
2) They told people to ignore early CDC recommendations of quarantine and social distancing
3) They blocked the stimulus bill and added unnecessary things
4) Focused more on closing churches than mosques
5) Lied about their need for ventilators. At the moment New York is sending excess ventilators to other states
6) Currently blocking more funding for small businesses

Everyone has facts, the question is is the fact true and relevant?
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ufcliveonline(m): 10:25am On Apr 21, 2020
It’s a very uncommon situation outside of an immediate match for a former champion that a fighter to gets a UFC title shot coming off after a debut loss. We have now two such fights in the ufc history. Yoel Romero Ufc 250 Live is getting a chance at middleweight champion against Israel Adesanya in the UFC 248 main event on March 7 in Las Vegas.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 10:26am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

You think it's easy to hire immigrant? Except you want to wash plates and work in warehouses at rates close to slavery. Americans will never do this jobs in the first place.

I support his immigration moves. I have no single problem with it. Told someone on this thread it's the best and only thing he did.

Excluding the fact that Americans have to pay for the wall after boasting that Mexico was going to pay.

He needs time to strategize. A flawed economy with an election coming. He needs that time to know the next point of action that will give him grounds.

With present status quo. If elections was to be today. Trump is going back to Trump Towers
[/s]
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Strange.....
Maybe, No one will deal with china, business carries on as ussual once this shit ends. there are no proofs china did anything wrong.

Not all British people hates Trump, british prime minister is a good friend to Trump.

Each to their own... cheesy
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 21, 2020
gypsey:
Do you have any proof to this claims?

I am only here to learn.
first of all go and watch Bill Gates interviews on YouTube and see how obsessed he is about depopulating the Earth to curb global warming and save the planet.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by warrrrr: 10:28am On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Strange.....
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.