Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85728 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

You guys over think certain things.
The US is not the only country or even the best in the world, in terms of human rights, social welfare or job opportunities. Not everybody wants to go to America bro.
you are very dumb.. pls dont quote me again in your life.. tell me which country is comparable in terms of job opportunity ,welfare and human right especially.. tell me! and after considering every criterion that determines the best ;which country is the best ooo? una go just dey open mouth without thinking.. most of freedom and tech u enjoy today. where are they from? anyway I'm sure you'll still come up with dump reply sha
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Chicastle: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Eriggs:
They protest with their national flags.
But in Nigeria, you see some pigs breaking shops, stealing and raping and they call it protests.
Backward people.

Because they are well trained by their leaders not
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
The fatality of coronavirus is less than the seasonal flu, media is making it into what it is, a Big HOAX!

The number is less than .05% and people are already getting it and that's why people are taking go the streets, they've found out that it's one huge Planned-demic scam.
dominusgai:

Bro, what part of the fact that over 60% of those with the virus won't feel/know they have it until their body kills it don't you get?

What part of the fact that only 10% of infected will show symptoms strong enough to warrant hospital visitation don't you get?

What part of the fact that the sickness is fatal to less than 5% of infected don't you get?

The disease is like any other one. I just recovered Malaria and I felt like dying, so feeling bad with any sickness is not new.

But to say everyone should be afraid because something is fatal to less than 5%.

Do you know more than 5% of people lose their lives as a result of alcohol, you don't see anybody moving to ban clubs as a result.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
gypsey:
That doesn't prove anyhing, though i haven't watched the interview, even if he is or appears obsessed with depopulating the earth, doesn't mean he has anything to do with the virus. what would be his motive anyway? i mean, what would he gain from it? besides, he will never achieve his motives of depopulating the earth, it will never happen.

thank you my brother.. most of them just dey talk rubbish.. what would be his gain if the earth is depopulated.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
awhybliss:
See how protest mature!!! USA is everybody boss.. argue with yourself

they once had the kind of our protests in the past

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2020
Everything boils down to your stomach in your world. So all their rights should be taken away as long as "they are not in abject poverty" right?

What is abject poverty to you?

Many Americans believe in rule of law and will lay their lives down for their God-given and constitution-backed rights.
Eulalia:
angry

What are they rallying for? They have not been subjected to abject lack and want like Nigerians, yet they can't sit their Butts at home? What if their case was like ours where the govt don't give a hoot if you die or live and all they know is sit at home, what will they do? And to think they have the highest index case and death rate.
Let them chilax abeg.

Very soon it will be over.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by makewetalk2: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Haha
You never see
okenwa216:

This one is just transferring his hungry aggression to somebody’s child
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2020
Truthcat:
Everything boils down to your stomach in your world. So all their rights should be taken away as long as "they are not in abject poverty" right?

What is abject poverty to you?

Many Americans believe in rule of law and will lay their lives down for their God-given and constitution-backed rights.

With the situation on ground? What other right is greater than the right to live? With the high rate risk of infection in that part of the world, it is only imperative they SIT AT HOME if they must enjoy their "God given rights" Mr.

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
They are protesting democrats tyrants they have as leaders that are taken their rights away, most of you can't understand because you were born in slavery and still in slavery. You have no idea what it means to be free.

And take that back, the US doesn't have any number close to any country let alone highest, it's all a scam. Nothing is going on in the US hospitals, pictures from overseas are being used as American cases. Mannequins are wrapped as dead bodies and people dying from all other diseases are recorded as death from COVID-19, all in attempts to destroy America.
Eulalia:
angry

What are they rallying for? They have not been subjected to abject lack and want like Nigerians, yet they can't sit their Butts at home? What if their case was like ours where the govt don't give a hoot if you die or live and all they know is sit at home, what will they do? And to think they have the highest index case and death rate.
Let them chilax abeg.

Very soon it will be over.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
nextstep:

That's funny... how bad did it get in New York, Washington, Italy? Are people saying that the death rate would have been less without a lock down in those three places? I don't know what "greatly exaggerated" means in this context.

In the US alone, (from today's Wikipedia), there have been 799,515 cases; 42,897 deaths; 73,373 recoveries.
You see how deaths is over 50% of recoveries? Implying there's a lot more deaths coming, since there are over 500,000 cases yet unresolved (either in death or recovery).

Did you read how around 500 people died in NY in 24 hours for days during the peak? Body bags and frozen trucks for dead bodies? Assume people were allowed to continue mingling... we could easily be reading about 1000+ dying daily... Of course, people who are now saying "they greatly exaggerated" will be blaming healthcare workers and the government for "not taking it seriously enough".

Take a look at the graphs on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-20_coronavirus_pandemic#Epidemiology
Notice the slope of the graphs, depicting the increasing rate of infections? Notice how it's slowing after the restrictions? (Most are in semi-log scale; now imagine if the plot was a linear scale)

171,249 deaths worldwide "greatly exaggerated"? And this is with stringent restrictions in place. I fail to see how it would have been better without those restrictions that have saved countless lives.

Sir, there are almost 800,000 cases, yet only about 43,000 deaths.

Now when you calculate the death rate to the infected you see it is miniscule. Of this near 800,000, about 60% of them are not in a hospital. While they were diagnosed, they were not sick enough to go to the hospital but self quarantined at home. Let that sink in.

Sir, death rate in new York on the average is over 800 daily. So if only 500 people die it is actually lesser than average.

Sir, notice those trucks used are specifically for the purpose, meaning they have been used before. And on researching further, I found out that New York uses trucks to store remains on occasion. Coupled with the fact that Families are not allowed to claim bodies for burial, there is bound to be overflow, not because people are dying beyond measure but because people are not allowed to bury their people.

As for the graphs, the first graph told them to expect over 2 million death even with social distancing factored in, but here they are now, with about 42,000 deaths and over 6,000 of which can be attributed to other ailments.

Sir, right now antegen testing is proving the infection rate is at least 300% than recorded. That means over 2.1 million people have been actually infected. That means the death rate is further down.

If people were allowed to move freely with social distancing, I doubt the death rate will have been higher.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by dominusgai(m): 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
TonySpike:

5% of what? That's the exact issue, my friend. If it's 5% of US population, then it's no longer funny...

US is about 360 million. 5% of that will be 1.6 million.

However, current antigen testing is showing the infection rate might be at least 300% higher than the official count, meaning while the official count is about 800,000, the actual infected might be 2.4 million. That means over 1.2 million were infected and beat the infection without knowing.

And considering the fact that not the whole population will become infected, the death rate might be way way lower.

Not to demean the dead, but a lot of those that are being counted as Covid-19 death might not have died of the virus. Yes they might have died with it, but not of it.

Right now the practice is to test for covid 19 after death and add the death to corona virus if the virus is found in the body. So even if an old person dies of kidney failure that would have killed him on its own, provided the person has corona virus the death will be counted as such without autopsy.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Staying at home is unnecessary and makes no sense for most Americans. There's no good reason for staying home. The virus is not as dangerous as they made it out to be and people are not dying from it as reported, it's all a big scam!

Hundreds of people meet in grocery stores like Walmart but some people don't have up to 20 people at work. You don't lock people down and then release them to go and rush the grocery store all at the same time where people still get closer than 6 feet.

Commonsense though not common should dictate that those with compromised immune systems stay at home while the rest go to work. Some of us haven't stopped working for even 1 day throughout all of this. There is a pharmaceutical company I know with about 5,000 people working there, up till now no single person has been sick of coronavirus.

99% of coronavirus deaths in Italy died of something else and those people were going to die anyway according to doctors there. UK is reporting the same thing. Abeg na scam, most of us probably had it around January but didn't know then. I remember something that felt like cold but made breathing difficult. I remember how we were all getting sick in my family and some friends also complained of cold and flu, my sister could have taken something for it but I didn't take any medicine just chicken soup.
Eulalia:

With the situation on ground? What other right is greater than the right to live? With the high rate risk of infection in that part of the world, it is only imperative they SIT AT HOME if they must enjoy their "God given rights" Mr.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by TemmyT002(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Na only for films dem dey have sense.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are a mumu man... tell me which white country a black has ever ruled or can be allowed to rule?

Man wey mumu
Did u see any black protester
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
Truthcat:
They are protesting democrats tyrants they have as leaders that are taken their rights away, most of you can't understand because you were born in slavery and still in slavery. You have no idea what it means to be free.

And take that back, the US doesn't have any number close to any country let alone highest, it's all a scam. Nothing is going on in the US hospitals, pictures from overseas are being used as American cases. Mannequin are wrapped as dead bodies and people dying from all other diseases are recorded as death from COVID-19, all in attempts to destroy America.

What are you not saying. At a critical time like this? All what you have said doesn't justify their actions at this time considering the pandemic and the situation of things at large.

Your argument is pointless. Please I'm not interested.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

You really think you've made sense with this post.

You call Americans dumb for standing up for their constitutional rights? Of course you wouldn't know anything about that, being that oppression is all you've known all your life lipsrsealed

While regressive thinkers like you call them 'dumb', they enjoy a civilised and developed country because the people are not afraid to question their leaders and demand answers!

WHERE IS THE WISDOM IN WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED. NO SENSE AT ALL!!! WITH THE REALITIES ON GROUND THIS IS A DUMB MOVE UNLESS YOU ARE VERY IGNORANT AND WANT A REPETITION OF THE SPANISH FLU PANDEMIC THAT ACCORDING TO RECORDS CLAIMED OVER ONE QUARTER OF THE WORLDS POPULATION IN 1918.YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW THIS VIRUS WILL SPREAD SO QUICKLY. CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS DOESNT INCLUDE STUPIDITY. IF THIS VIRUS IS MISMANAGED IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY, VERY SERIOUS TROUBLE WHICH WE MAY NEVER GET OUT OF. THAT IS THE REALITY. IT'S A DUMB MOVE IN THE NAME OF "STANDING UP FOR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS".............

grin Am glad the Chinese didn't make a mystery out of it but tackled it with COMMON SENSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgTDDx1LGpM

One needs be no experting with the reference below,.............. ..it's Simply common sense.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/20/us-protests-lockdown-coronavirus-cases-surge-warning

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Princewell2012(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
nextstep:
It must be really hard to be a leader:
if you don't lock down and people die, you get blamed.
if you lock down and people remain healthy penough to protest, you stilll get blamed.

It wasn't just about being a leader it just in everything. 1 million boys are going around now. And now In my compound where I am living presently. I use to join the boys in the midnight to patrol my area, I was told through a friend that my own is becoming too much, when I retrieved and stop coming out all the time, they complained again I don't like joining the people for vigilantes.

Modified. You can never satisfied people.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
I know you are not interested in using your head, the critical time and pandemic is in your mind only. This is for those who are open-minded to see things for what they really are, not zombies.

Ghana is one country I wish Yoruba is part of, Ghana knows bullshiitt when it sees it, Ghanaians are already back to their normal life after weighing the lockdown.
Eulalia:

What are you not saying. At a critical time like this? All what you have said doesn't justify their actions at this time considering the pandemic and the situation of things at large.

Your argument is pointless. Please I'm not interested.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by coast27(m): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
The doom is coming for Trump, One of his campaign promises is to WIN the trade War between US AND CHINA. after 2 unsuccessfully attempted by Imposing 25% Trade tariff to China companies, which China Govt reciprocrate by Imposing certain 25% tariff on US goods. and the Apple / Hauwei/ 5G Saga, Trump is not winning any war rather losing. unemployment now toll 22 million in the United States and yet He seeks re-election in the forthcoming November 2020 general election.
What US government forgot is CHINA has Nothing in common with Japan has Japan has now being Subjugated.

I praise Nigeria Gov't for imposing border closure and encouraging Nigeria made goods , If not Where can we buying Foreign Rice by now.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by alphaRego01(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
[quote author=IamPlato post=88677415]Please Pray For Europe And America, if They Get Better I Am Satisfied.

Nigerian Government Can Continue Twistin Things (one Day We Shall Separate The Fools from The Wise)

If Your Lockdown Is Called Off And They Are Still On Lockdown your Country Is Doomed, because Your Country Literally Imports Every Thing.

But Dont Worry, just Pray For America and Once They Get Better Nigeria Will Suddenly Get Better too, just Watch.

MODIFIED
Those Of You Quotin Me That Are Too Low Of Intelligence To Understand How Nigeria Is Too Dependent On White should Stop Quoting Me because I Can Be Very Aggressive With Words, in This Corona season Na Small Thing De Vex Me

As For The Wise People, follow Me On Twitter @kingplato007 Lets Take Back Nigeria[/quote

Too much sense na ur problem
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Kuginzi: 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
This people get mind oh! If within 24hrs, over 1000 people die of COVID-19 in Nigeria, I swear nobody will think of pro talkless of test (protest). Americans will prefer to go to beach, club, flex and die by COVID-19 than to stay at home.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
thank you my brother.. most of them just dey talk rubbish.. what would be his gain if the earth is depopulated.
I wonder, these people are Just paranoid and lazy minded they don't want to think or use their brains, they let other people do the thinking for them.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

So human beings should be herded and controlled like cattle right?

Human beings are being controlled like cattles even worse ever since. A very good example are those protesting. Of course it is as a result of what is called the HERD MENTALITY in psychology which plays well when people are being deluded by the illusion of FIGHTING FOR FREE-DUMB, a manipulation by a few people using the term Noam Chomsky loves so much MASTERS OF MANKIND, who control the minds of the masses to behave as IRRATIONAL as can be.

Freedom is about being responsible and not otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ahasco(m): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
IamPlato:
Please Pray For Europe And America, if They Get Better I Am Satisfied.

Nigerian Government Can Continue Twistin Things (one Day We Shall Separate The Fools from The Wise)

If Your Lockdown Is Called Off And They Are Still On Lockdown your Country Is Doomed, because Your Country Literally Imports Every Thing.

But Dont Worry, just Pray For America and Once They Get Better Nigeria Will Suddenly Get Better too, just Watch.

MODIFIED
Those Of You Quotin Me That Are Too Low Of Intelligence To Understand How Nigeria Is Too Dependent On White should Stop Quoting Me because I Can Be Very Aggressive With Words, in This Corona season Na Small Thing De Vex Me

As For The Wise People, follow Me On Twitter @kingplato007 Lets Take Back Nigeria
I have sent a follow request on Twitter Abeg fb. Thanks
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:

But thats just the issue here!! It cannot be applied.
Are you people waking up to the Coronavirus today or something??

How many countries tried the mask nd glove shit?? You think countries like italy, france nd Britain will agree to loose billions in revenue if there was a way people would interact without passing the virus??

Staying home is the last result.

Jeeeez!! How can people be so crass ?? undecided

grin

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ahasco:

okay I Will Check
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by CTPlayer: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, there are almost 800,000 cases, yet only about 43,000 deaths.

Now when you calculate the death rate to the infected you see it is miniscule. Of this near 800,000, about 60% of them are not in a hospital. While they were diagnosed, they were not sick enough to go to the hospital but self quarantined at home. Let that sink in.

Sir, death rate in new York on the average is over 800 daily. So if only 500 people die it is actually lesser than average.

Sir, notice those trucks used are specifically for the purpose, meaning they have been used before. And on researching further, I found out that New York uses trucks to store remains on occasion. Coupled with the fact that Families are not allowed to claim bodies for burial, there is bound to be overflow, not because people are dying beyond measure but because people are not allowed to bury their people.

As for the graphs, the first graph told them to expect over 2 million death even with social distancing factored in, but here they are now, with about 42,000 deaths and over 6,000 of which can be attributed to other ailments.

Sir, right now antegen testing is proving the infection rate is at least 300% than recorded. That means over 2.1 million people have been actually infected. That means the death rate is further down.

If people were allowed to move freely with social distancing, I doubt the death rate will have been higher.
It will end up being like a bad flu season in the US. To show how wacky NY is.

Country Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 21/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 20/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 19/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 18/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1910 GMT 17/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1720 GMT 16/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 15/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 14/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1640 GMT 13/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 12/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 11/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 10/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 3/4 Deaths per million (confirmed), 1600 GMT 27/3
San Marino 1,168 1,168 1,168 1,168 1,168 1,138 1,078 1,078 1,078 1,048 1,018 1,018 957.85 628.93
Belgium 528.94 513.61 480.54 480.54 454.96 427.90 391.24 366.30 343.88 317.16 294.81 265.96 100.70 19.38
Andorra 472.59 472.59 459.35 459.35 459.35 433.28 407.00 380.66 380.66 341.30 341.30 328.19 210.04 39.38
Spain 458.30 470.59 444.44 434.22 422.30 411.86 402.74 390.78 379.22 365.50 352.11 343.88 235.46 104.61
Italy 397.93 391.24 384.17 376.22 375.38 357.14 348.31 338.52 328.41 321.23 311.04 301.66 229.62 135.56
France 302.94 294.78 288.85 279.25 279.25 256.61 235.13 223.71 215.15 206.74 197.28 182.52 80.42 25.35
UK 251.51 244.68 235.57 235.57 222.07 209.16 184.43 184.43 172.59 150.44 136.46 121.54 54.92 8.81
Netherl 230.10 220.41 211.60 211.60 203.25 194.78 184.13 173.04 165.86 160.82 155.28 147.54 78.67 25.56
Sweden 178.22 159.54 152.58 152.58 141.36 134.61 121.48 104.31 92.80 90.78 89.57 87.85 35.44 9.29
Swiss 174.76 167.70 163.40 163.16 157.43 153.00 141.30 137.12 135.21 128.88 120.99 114.55 68.68 22.81
USA 132.93 127.37 120.64 106.11 111.14 88.50 92.53 73.55 68.56 63.76 58.10 51.81 18.75 3.72
Luxembo 128.65 125.22 123.50 123.50 118.36 118.36 118.36 118.36 106.35 106.35 92.63 89.19 51.46 15.44
Germany 58.85 56.22 54.94 52.95 50.73 46.57 42.40 38.96 36.56 34.73 32.78 31.53 13.77 3.17
Israel 21.18 20.24 19.19 18.49 17.32 16.38 14.74

If the USA were in Europe, it would have the 12th highest number of deaths per capita. (No change)

If the state of New York (population, 19.5 million) were a European country, it would have the 2nd highest number of deaths per capita (currently 908.27 deaths per million). The problem in the US is NY, 1 state of 50.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by IamPlato(m): 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ahasco:

what is your name
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
wisdomiskey:

If Nigerians were truly smart, that country will not be in the pathetic state it's in right now. Nigerians are only 'smart' when it comes to criminal activities.

I can understand your frustration. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4aQdaxBcM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by unikwa: 7:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
There is no reason to lock down an entire nation. Millions of jobs are being lost, and the nation is close to entering another era of the great depression.

Trump says the solution cannot be worse than the disease. In other words, the solution cannot kill more people than coronavirus.

If the American economy is allowed to enter the great depression, suicides would skyrocket. 7 million people died in the great depression, and the US population was much less then than it is now. That means tens of millions might die if lockdown continues.

Then there would be deaths due to other things such as hunger and disease.

So let's say 20 million people die due to a bad economy, how many would coronavirus have killed without lockdown?

Several Scandinavian countries have already opened their economies back up. Why? What do they know that we don't? Obviously they know they can't keep people locked down forever.

China has also lifted its lockdown.

In the USA, Democrats want the shutdown to continue. That would cause the economy to totally collapse. They can then use that to campaign against Trump. This is why Democrats don't want the shutdown to end now.

Big American companies have already began declaring bankruptcy. Neiman Marcus is one.

American people are right to demand a re-opening of the economy. THE SOLUTION CANNOT BE WORSE THAN THE DISEASE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 8:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
you are very dumb.. pls dont quote me again in your life.. tell me which country is comparable in terms of job opportunity ,welfare and human right especially.. tell me! and after considering every criterion that determines the best ;which country is the best ooo? una go just dey open mouth without thinking.. most of freedom and tech u enjoy today. where are they from? anyway I'm sure you'll still come up with dump reply sha
Y'all can nevee really push an argument without insults. You don't have to behave barbaric and impulsive because you want to defend America.
Here's a link to the top leading Tech countries of which US is not the first.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/slideshows/top-10-countries-for-technological-expertise-ranked-by-perception&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiV1_KCnfroAhWQM-wKHR0iAX0QFjAFegQIBxAD&usg=AOvVaw0UfZkmUyUKf6reVMiALUau

Furthermore what I don't get is how many Tech is from the US that we claim to enjoy. Majority of the Android phones you use are made in China and South Korea, even Iphone components are made in Asia, so what are you saying.
And what do you mean by freedom I'm enjoying?
Is the US also Nigerian government?
Or did I tell you I was in captivity.
Stop acting dumb.
Now since you asked about job opportunities.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/best-countries-work-abroad&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiVhPTfnvroAhVS2KQKHZXPDEAQFjAKegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2GpNPVpwuqYYzQOc4kvC8l

After following the link above, US is neither the first, so what's got you worked up?
Remember I said US is not the only country in the world offering all you behaving animalistic over.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.