Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (85769 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / Wild Goats Take Over Welsh Town Amid Coronavirus Lockdown (Pictures) / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by okenwa216(m): 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
You are the dumb one, sir
Those people have bills to pay.
They need to get back to work with plans. That is what they re saying.
People stayed home in Italy but the figures kept rising.
You will see how dumb you are by next month. Not everyone is as dumb as Nigeria. Work with good plans. People in the oil sector in Nigeria are still working. Workers in Aso rock are still on duty. why can't you work using the same safety method?
Even at the height of the Wuhan virus, people worked on hospitals, delivery people kept on working, food shop owners kept on working, cleanings kept on working, the security personnel kept on working. So, why can't you work with safe distancing as well?
For almost 3 weeks your country has shut down but look at the figures. Still rising. So, what is better for you? is it better to die of hunger and coronavirus at the same time?
In Nigeria people have bills and they have no connection to Aso rock money bags. They have to work.
I think the only issue is that you are in your momma's house eating free food and calling uncles for recharge cards that is why you sound this dumb.
Are you wiser than all those men there? Are you older than them for you to call them dumb? That is why I call you dumb

This one is just transferring his hungry aggression to somebody’s child

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by hermesprogidy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 21, 2020
jollymizzle:
we'll see but don't bet on it, these are dangerous times.it would be awkward should America have its second Civil war ahead of the so-called 'failed states'
I repeat, they won't do shit. They are a serious minority. Even the title of the thread is misleading. Most Americans support the lockdown. Where are the thousands protesting? Trump is just inciting division as usual. There will be no civil war in America.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by elchapoo: 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Looking at those health workers it touches, all their efforts risking their life them.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by tundess: 12:50pm On Apr 21, 2020
Profits over people. Stock Markets over the real economy. Personality over country.
If these ppl want to get back to work, why can't they volunteer to work in hospitals to help out the beleaguered health care system ?
I actually think there should be a graduated approach. Wyoming is not NYC. Problem is, how do you stop a Wyoming indigene in NYC from returning home ? You can't.
Anyway, wasn't COVID-19 a "democratic hoax"? cool

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.
Trump is number one dumber in the U.S Death dey hunger them.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
awhybliss:
See how protest mature!!!
USA is everybody boss.. argue with yourself
They should be on lock down. Alot of them are not wearing face masks, but don't worry let's still blame China for this one too.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by kingPhidel(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
IamPlato:
You Be Fool Though.

I Am Not Hungry or In Need Of The Rubbish Your Government Is Sharing.

I Just Feel For My People Who Are Affected by This Lock Down That Your President Can Not do Anything Reasonable To Help People.

You All That Voted APc would Suffer Till He Leaves Power

Your personal text in your profile is a better person than you gringrin

Mr wise man who claim to
"feel for his people who are affected by lock down... "

Yet you can't use you stupid painstaking aggressiveness to epp them.. Goan jump in lagoon with your vexation or fly commot here. grin grin
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Aflix:
The freedom given to these people all in the name of human rights is just too much haba, I mean they were asked to stay home for their own good, to believe that they were even paid 1200 dollars
They will always think human rights is the ultimate, when governments need to act.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
America is truly land of free.. and some slowpoke would prefer chinese to them, some mumu wey no fit manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of matters in their family go come here kon dey tell trump how to govern America. dem mumu wey go rush America visa without thinking twice if given the opportunity.. but would always come nairaland to bash trump as if their dullard is doing well
You guys over think certain things.
The US is not the only country or even the best in the world, in terms of human rights, social welfare or job opportunities. Not everybody wants to go to America bro.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
America is truly land of free.. and some slowpoke would prefer chinese to them, some mumu wey no fit manage or supervise the conduct, performance or execution of matters in their family go come here kon dey tell trump how to govern America. dem mumu wey go rush America visa without thinking twice if given the opportunity.. but would always come nairaland to bash trump as if their dullard is doing well

You do realise that these people are out at the behest of Trump

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

A leader needs to be proactive and have open ears to experts. He is not a man of all trade. That's the failures of Trump.

He downplayed, underated and still boasted about preparedness. At first hit, America caved in.

This same America warned Israel in November about this pandemic and ignored the reports for economic gains.

And price all Americans have to pay.
But still alot of keypad warriors are for blaming China.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Slimpotter(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
UrVillagePpl:
Fake news: 2 million people dead.
Real news: over 22 million unemployed. grin smiley grin smiley smiley
USA the heaven to many Nigerians
As in, that's Nigerians heaven o, no country is better.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by kingPhidel(m): 1:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
gypsey:
Or just stab himself in the eyes. grin grin

grin; D

Don't mind that one... Forming aggressive as if na we be Hin village pepu wey shit for hin headgrin

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by slashthroat: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Osidazz19:
These are TRAMP sponsored racism redneck retards. Do you see any person of color among these idiots. TRAMP is encouraging his dotard followers to protest only in democratic controlled states. That bastard is a dictator and we shall vote his dumb ass out come Nov 3rd.

You read too much yahoo news comments.

Calm sown dude.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by lighternote: 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
makewetalk2:
You are the dumb one, sir
Those people have bills to pay.
They need to get back to work with plans. That is what they re saying.
People stayed home in Italy but the figures kept rising.
You will see how dumb you are by next month. Not everyone is as dumb as Nigeria. Work with good plans. People in the oil sector in Nigeria are still working. Workers in Aso rock are still on duty. why can't you work using the same safety method?
Even at the height of the Wuhan virus, people worked on hospitals, delivery people kept on working, food shop owners kept on working, cleanings kept on working, the security personnel kept on working. So, why can't you work with safe distancing as well?
For almost 3 weeks your country has shut down but look at the figures. Still rising. So, what is better for you? is it better to die of hunger and coronavirus at the same time?
In Nigeria people have bills and they have no connection to Aso rock money bags. They have to work.
I think the only issue is that you are in your momma's house eating free food and calling uncles for recharge cards that is why you sound this dumb.
Are you wiser than all those men there? Are you older than them for you to call them dumb? That is why I call you dumb

Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by bluefilm: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2020
Staphylococcus:

You can't just open the economy without instilling confidence in people. The truth is that the pandemic has eaten deep into America. 4 million plus tested in 350 million. And by Dr. Fauci, the curve is just beginning to flatten and their should be a considerable drop to signal opening the economy.

Japan tried this model and they paid for it. China has not disclosed any truth about what really happened in their domain, it's all lies. China never allowed the virus past Wuhan and yet international flights departed Wuhan. And if you saying we go by same statistics, what's the toll in China and what is in the US presently. It's not logical or feasible.

It's easy to say people should get back to work, but you can't force them to work when they net assured. Wash hand, gave and leg has been preached and numbers keep climbing. Imagine it's a free world, people will die in thousands.

This lock down has been used by countries and it worked. The whole anxiety about re opening is just for political gains.

Stop listening to Dr. Fauci.

The guy is also part of the Satanic establishment that want to depopulate the planet by any means possible.

Fauci is a Bill Gates representative.

Visit Banned.videos to see things for yourself.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by ManLikeBlaize: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2020
40,000 people?! which kind lie the media dey give us lidis. What is even the assurance that it was Covid 19 that killed them. God save us from the powers of principalities in high places
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Olabode971(f): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nigeria own too is coming on the way.. hulala
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by nextstep(m): 1:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Sir, right now the medical evidence for the lockdown is actually losing it's strength day by day.

All the doctors are coming out to say they greatly exaggerated the death rate, and it would never have gotten to that even without the lockdown.

That's funny... how bad did it get in New York, Washington, Italy? Are people saying that the death rate would have been less without a lock down in those three places? I don't know what "greatly exaggerated" means in this context.

In the US alone, (from today's Wikipedia), there have been 799,515 cases; 42,897 deaths; 73,373 recoveries.
You see how deaths is over 50% of recoveries? Implying there's a lot more deaths coming, since there are over 500,000 cases yet unresolved (either in death or recovery).

Did you read how around 500 people died in NY in 24 hours for days during the peak? Body bags and frozen trucks for dead bodies? Assume people were allowed to continue mingling... we could easily be reading about 1000+ dying daily... Of course, people who are now saying "they greatly exaggerated" will be blaming healthcare workers and the government for "not taking it seriously enough".

Take a look at the graphs on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019-20_coronavirus_pandemic#Epidemiology
Notice the slope of the graphs, depicting the increasing rate of infections? Notice how it's slowing after the restrictions? (Most are in semi-log scale; now imagine if the plot was a linear scale)

171,249 deaths worldwide "greatly exaggerated"? And this is with stringent restrictions in place. I fail to see how it would have been better without those restrictions that have saved countless lives.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by promisedeco(m): 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
[s]
IamPlato:
Please Pray For Europe And America, if They Get Better I Am Satisfied.

Nigerian Government Can Continue Twistin Things (one Day We Shall Separate The Fools from The Wise)

If Your Lockdown Is Called Off And They Are Still On Lockdown your Country Is Doomed, because Your Country Literally Imports Every Thing.

But Dont Worry, just Pray For America and Once They Get Better Nigeria Will Suddenly Get Better too, just Watch.

MODIFIED
Those Of You Quotin Me That Are Too Low Of Intelligence To Understand How Nigeria Is Too Dependent On White should Stop Quoting Me because I Can Be Very Aggressive With Words, in This Corona season Na Small Thing De Vex Me

As For The Wise People, follow Me On Twitter @kingplato007 Lets Take Back Nigeria
[/s]
RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Ade3131: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
USA have allot of individual or private researchers compared to most part of the world. The truth about COVID-19 is gradually beginning to unravel itself to the American people. Someone from the US shared a YouTube link with me and after watching and listening to the Doctor, I tell you there's so many questions than answers regarding this CoronaVirus. I will drop the link here for you guys to listen. It's a big eye opener for those who can reason for themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/105967004411271/videos/1983961411748843/?sfnsn=scwspwa&extid=JIp2TmhROdcTXklM&d=w&vh=e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzXs1OHvItA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdSrY9-viEA

You can't have a country with people with high level intellect like US and expect them to follow govt. orders without questioning the rationale behind those directives. Dr. Fauchi and the Gates family have some serious questions to answer.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Sprumbaba: 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2020
Susu888:
Who would've thought that the U.S.A had dumb people as well but

apart from that watch how some self made inferior ass lickers will praise this move while if it was done in naija they will criticize it like there is no tomorrow.

Lol. You are actually the brainwashed. Those telling us to stay at home have millions in their accounts. We were told millions will die by all the fake projections. I will rather go out and work and take precautions than stay lockdown.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by nextstep(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
Ade3131:
USA have allot of individual or private researchers compared to most part of the world. The truth about COVID-19 is gradually beginning to unravel itself to the American people. Someone from the US shared a YouTube link with me and after watching and listening to the Doctor, I tell you there's so many questions than answers regarding this CoronaVirus. I will drop the link here for you guys to listen. It's a big eye opener for those who can reason for themselves.

You can't have a country with people with high level intellect like US and expect them to follow govt. orders without questioning the rationale behind those directives. Dr. Fauchi and the Gates family have some serious questions to answer.

There was a time, some "doctors" said smoking was not bad for you; it was not addictive; that it was a conspiracy theory.
There was a time (and there are still) some "doctors" who say human activity is not a cause of climate change.
Doctors once believed that illness was caused by foul air, thus the concept of microscopic infectious agents (bacteria) was ridiculous and a conspiracy so all these new pharmaceutical would have a scared public and a product to sell.
People once believed (and some stubbornly still do) that the Earth is flat, and any talk of a globe was a ridiculous conspiracy by the government or some other group of invisible agencies.

People are dying of an infectious virus that humans have not yet built immunity/antibodies against. Fact. People are advised to stay home to avoid getting sick and spreading it. It's quite simple, and doesn't need theories or too much thinking.

If people need something to keep their minds off the news, read some old novels, not random thoughts and ruminations on the 'Net.

https://www.history.com/news/cigarette-ads-doctors-smoking-endorsement

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by losky83: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Macsjebs:
Source: https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/pictures-thousands-rally-coronavirus-curbs-200420053246035.html
this guys might not be humans.how can they even ask for the reopening of the economy with the rate of deaths.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by alezzy13: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
highflyer012020:

TRump is not playing any politics with covid 19. he wants to open the economy but the governors are saying no. read well before you start blaming unjustly.

Open the economy for a country having 40k+ deaths and new cases spiralling out of control??

Are u guys okay?

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by alezzy13: 2:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
losky83:
this guys might not be humans.how can they even ask for the reopening of the economy with the rate of deaths.

Lol! USA unfortunately has an usually high share of intensely stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Lockdown is for deepstate good, patriots reject it.
kolafolabi:
Lockdown is for our own good. We should all abide by it. This is just temporary
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by TonySpike: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
dominusgai:

Bro, what part of the fact that over 60% of those with the virus won't feel/know they have it until their body kills it don't you get?

What part of the fact that only 10% of infected will show symptoms strong enough to warrant hospital visitation don't you get?

What part of the fact that the sickness is fatal to less than 5% of infected don't you get?

The disease is like any other one. I just recovered Malaria and I felt like dying, so feeling bad with any sickness is not new.

But to say everyone should be afraid because something is fatal to less than 5%.

Do you know more than 5% of people lose their lives as a result of alcohol, you don't see anybody moving to ban clubs as a result.

5% of what? That's the exact issue, my friend. If it's 5% of US population, then it's no longer funny...
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
Spambot banned Wowcatty for 24 hours, can she wait that long or can the Mod fix it?

Says a zombie who goes where the wind blows. Americans know their rights and take it.

Losing your rights as an American is the worst thing that can happen to conservatives.
Thelucifer666:
Americans are only smart in their movies.
A first world country with third world citizens.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by seanwilliam(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2020
Slimpotter:

You guys over think certain things.
The US is not the only country or even the best in the world, in terms of human rights, social welfare or job opportunities. Not everybody wants to go to America bro.
tell me which white country a black can rule or allow allow to rule
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2020
There's no evidence that the lockdown prevented any death, S Korea didn't have any lockdown and the country has done better than other countries.
nextstep:
It must be really hard to be a leader:
if you don't lock down and people die, you get blamed.
if you lock down and people remain healthy enough to protest, you stilll get blamed.
Re: Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) by Truthcat: 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
Here too they will do that, only that the democrtas operatives that will infiltrate the protesters to commit atrocities haven't come out yet, but believe it, the patriots are on the lookout for them and won't let them infiltrate the peaceful protests.
Eriggs:
They protest with their national flags.
But in Nigeria, you see some pigs breaking shops, stealing and raping and they call it protests.
Backward people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Older Woman Who Took Prince Harry’s Virginity Says He Lasted Five Minutes (pics / New Photos Of Robert Mugabe, Former President Of Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.