Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (942914 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 3:55am On Mar 24, 2022
What is the status on the embassy tracking page? So many people are in the your category

nasun1:
Same issue here. Submitted 1st March; Visa issued 7th March; Visited DHL twice and told the passport wasn't with them. I called the embassy customer service line, but they were not helpful as always. Eventually sent the Lagos consulate an email (LagosNIV@state.gov) two days ago and got a response today - see picture. Will be going back to DHL tomorrow. They have to find it.
Your passport is likely with DHL. They are just really sloppy.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nasun1: 4:32am On Mar 24, 2022
The tracking site says "the passport is still with the embassy/consulate"

Newsolutions:

What is the status on the embassy tracking page? So many people are in the your category

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by IkoyiLagos: 8:08am On Mar 24, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2022
Good morning team,

Are you trying to get an IW appointment date? Are you willing to commit a little of your time to achieve this? If yes, please join this link.

Copy, paste in your browser.

https://t
.me/+dlRgY2o53UsxMTY0

You are welcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MysTeerioz(f): 9:05am On Mar 24, 2022
Please I have a question.
For those whose dates were changed to Dec, can they reschedule?
That's in-person interview Please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2022
MysTeerioz:
Please I have a question.
For those whose dates were changed to Dec, can they reschedule?
That's in-person interview Please

Yes if they have not rescheduled themselves before
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MysTeerioz(f): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes if they have not rescheduled themselves before

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LadyCaplin: 11:32am On Mar 24, 2022
Abeg, did anybody attend a follow up interview today? Please share your transcript. God bless us all. Amen!
Taheetee:
Guys dates opened for IW tomorrow. Please go and book

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zblade: 11:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Please lets know the outcome ...when you get to DHL office...Thanks

nasun1:
Same issue here. Submitted 1st March; Visa issued 7th March; Visited DHL twice and told the passport wasn't with them. I called the embassy customer service line, but they were not helpful as always. Eventually sent the Lagos consulate an email (LagosNIV@state.gov) two days ago and got a response today - see picture. Will be going back to DHL tomorrow. They have to find it.
Your passport is likely with DHL. They are just really sloppy.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Please do I need to include my child who's a US citizen in my IW application? and what supporting document should I add that relates to her?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=Dampops post=111299356]You seem to qualify. Cancel your assisting interview date and book for IW…you can wait to cancel when you get a IW date…

Hello Dampops!

Thanks for always being so gracious in responding to people's questions, much appreciated!

I am still not very clear, as I will like to know if anyone whose interview was scheduled from November 2022, December 2022...[/b]has been able to cancel and schedule an IW appointment.

I know those who had their interviews scheduled for [b]Feb- Oct 2022
were emailed by the embassy, and given a go ahead to schedule an IW if they qualify.

So basically, I want to know if anyone whose appointment falls outside Feb- Oct 2022 has been successful in cancelling and scheduling an IW appointment.

Kindly help clarify, if you know of any such case(s).

Cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2022
stacey1994:
You are right...she can send back the passport photograph and passport through DHL. In the letter I received...they listed the specific DHL office that I should use to mail back the passport photograph and passport.

DHL also attached the 221G letter I initially received that showed this request.

I have some more questions please. Anyone that has experienced this can also chip in.

1. How long did it take to drop off your documents at the DHL office?
2. Does my mom have to go in person or can someone else drop it off at the DHL office for her?
3. Will passport pickup be at the same DHL drop off location or can she choose where to pick up?
4. How long did it take to get your passport back?

Thanks in advance. Your responses will help in determining whether mom has to travel all the way to Lagos a second time or if we can just send someone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Anyone who is qualified can apply via IW. The appointment I cancelled to do IW was for 2023. I also know of people who put in their application only after IW started.

[quote author=CheersToLife post=111325430][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nasun1: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2022
DHL still can't find her passport. They checked their manifest and confirmed hers was one of the passports received March 9. They'll keep searching. Keeping fingers crossed that they find it

zblade:
Please lets know the outcome ...when you get to DHL office...Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stacey1994: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
for the timing on how long to drop thr passport....same average time as pickup from DHL because it was same queue at least for the DHL office in muri okunola.

I am not sure if someone can drop it on her behalf....you may need to call DHL and ask them if signing that proxy form may suffice

for nos 3 question....I am not also sure. my passport pickup location has always been muri okunola because I live in lagos

for nos 4 my passport is not yet out. After submitting my passport on the 10th of March and photograph....my status on the visa check site changed from refused to administrative processing and then on the 17th of March was issued. However passport pickup status still shows my passport is with the US embassy till now.

Blessedluvdfavd:

I have some more questions please. Anyone that has experienced this can also chip in.

1. How long did it take to drop off your documents at the DHL office?
2. Does my mom have to go in person or can someone else drop it off at the DHL office for her?
3. Will passport pickup be at the same DHL drop off location or can she choose where to pick up?
4. How long did it take to get your passport back?

Thanks in advance. Your responses will help in determining whether mom has to travel all the way to Lagos a second time or if we can just send someone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=HajiaRai post=111325907]Anyone who is qualified can apply via IW. The appointment I cancelled to do IW was for 2023. I also know of people who put in their application only after IW started.

Hello HajiaRai!

I really appreciate your response, you have no idea!!!

Like Oliver Twist, kindly help with the below (LOL):

1. Have you dropped off your documents for your IW appointment?
2. If I were to cancel my November 2022 appointment, please, what's the guarantee an IW date will pop up on my calendar?
3. If an IW date doesn't pop up immediately, when I log back on, will I have access to the calendar page?

Apologies if my questions are long, I am just in need of some clarification.

Thanks once again for your response, much appreciated!

Cheers!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
Happy to be of assistance.

1. Yes, dropped off early March and visa renewed.

2. There is no guarantee. You could be lucky to log in when dates are available. To improve your chances, join the Telegram group. That way, you're not checking for dates alone.

3. You can always schedule a new regular interview. Once you cancel your current date, it is almost impossible to get it back.

Take time to read previous pages here for loads of helpful info. Hope this helps.

[quote author=CheersToLife post=111330384][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 6:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=HajiaRai post=111331408]Happy to be of assistance.

1. Yes, dropped off early March and visa renewed.

2. There is no guarantee. You could be lucky to log in when dates are available. To improve your chances, join the Telegram group. That way, you're not checking for dates alone.

3. You can always schedule a new regular interview. Once you cancel your current date, it is almost impossible to get it back.

Take time to read previous pages here for loads of helpful info. Hope this helps.

[/b]Thanks for you response HajiaRai, you are far too kind!!![b] Congrats on the issuance of your visa also.

Before I let you go though (lol), I need more clarity on my [b]No.3 question
. What I am actually seeking clarity on is:

If I were to cancel and I do not get an IW date immediately, can I log off and maybe, log back on on a later time/date to check if IW dates are available? Or does it automatically mean I have lost out once I do not get an IW date on my first instance of scheduling? I hope my question is clear enough, sometimes typing can be complicated as to relaying ones queries effectively...

Thanks once again for being so gracious, much appreciated!

Cheers!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2022

There is no time limit as far as I know. Between previous appointment cancellation and getting an IW date was about 2 weeks for me.

[quote author=CheersToLife post=111332466][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
cookies:
Please do I need to include my child who's a US citizen in my IW application? and what supporting document should I add that relates to her?

Thanks

Your child doesn't need a visa to travel to the US, so you wouldn't be able to include same in an application .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
@HajiaRai,
Thank you SO MUCH HajiaRai, you are far too kind!!! I sincerely appreciate your CLEAR responses to my queries.

@Dampops,
Thanks for also initially responding to me, you are always so gracious in your responses, much appreciated!

God bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Sorry @CheersToLife…lost my sister last week, so I’m still not at my best mood yet (I’ve not been here since morning or so). God bless @HajiaRai for her responses. She was spot on…go ahead and take advantage of the IW window…

CheersToLife:
@HajiaRai,
Thank you SO MUCH HajiaRai, you are far too kind!!! I sincerely appreciate your CLEAR responses to my queries.

@Dampops,
Thanks for also initially responding to me, you are always so gracious in your responses, much appreciated!

God bless you all!

Cheers!!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dampops:
Sorry @CheersToLife…lost my sister last week, so I’m still not at my best mood yet (I’ve not been here since morning or so). God bless @HajiaRai for her responses. She was spot on…go ahead and take advantage of the IW window…

I'm so sorry about your loss. May God comfort you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Esi2cool: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=Dampops post=111336962]Sorry @CheersToLife…lost my sister last week, so I’m still not at my best mood yet (I’ve not been here since morning or so). God bless @HajiaRai for her responses. She was spot on…go ahead and take advantage of the IW window…

My condolenxes May she find eternal rest

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Esi2cool: 10:53pm On Mar 24, 2022
Good evening. I submitted my DS 160 yesterday. Paid my visa fee, but till now. I haven't been able to book an appointment, Profile doesn't seem to have changed from when i applied 3 years ago even after update. What can i do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
stacey1994:
for the timing on how long to drop thr passport....same average time as pickup from DHL because it was same queue at least for the DHL office in muri okunola.

Thanks so much stacey1994, you've saved my mom so much stress with your response. God bless you real good!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Blessedluvdfavd: 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dampops:
Sorry @CheersToLife…lost my sister last week, so I’m still not at my best mood yet

So sorry to hear this, can't be easy at all. Praying for comfort and strength for you and your family as you walk through this difficult period.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dedzstar789: 12:19am On Mar 25, 2022
Hey guys!

Any tips on getting dates for new applications not under interview waiver? My last US visa is over 2 years expired and I can’t seem to find any dates beyond December 2023

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dixja: 12:53am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi Guys, Did anyone get Pick up Mail this week 21st - 25th March?

If Yes please share your timeline..

Submission Date:
Date Issued :
Pick up Mail :

Thanks
Much Appreciated...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 4:26am On Mar 25, 2022
Dedzstar789:
Hey guys!

Any tips on getting dates for new applications not under interview waiver? My last US visa is over 2 years expired and I can’t seem to find any dates beyond December 2023

There was September 2023 yesterday. You can try checking at midnight, early noon but the earliest so far is March 2023

Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.