Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (927889 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
Have you collected your passport? Was a follow up interview mentioned on the 221g slip? Was there any reference to coming for interview on any Thursday between 6.30-9.30am?
If that was not stated, then a follow up appointment schedule will pop up automatically on your interview appointment portal…within few days after collecting your passport back, for you to schedule an interview…

What is your current situation?

naniboi:
Please anyone with info as to how one can get an appointment based on the 221g" category?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
What of if the childs usa passport have expired . What should one do in this case .
Dampops:
Well, they already know your child is a US citizen. You are just to mention her as going with you on the trip...it stops there.

No need to fill any DS160 form for her as she isn't applying for a visa.

Best of luck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by profmutant(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
It now says "Your passport has been picked up". Up until 10pm last night, it still showed "Your passport is still at the US embassy"

stacey1994:
Great to hear your passport was eventually retrieved.

can you please confirm if your passport tracking is still showing passport as US embassy even till now?

Does it mean that the passport tracking information is not as reliable

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2022
does anyone know how long it takes after the follow-up interview and questionnaire is sent will they conclude Administrative Processing?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kaykehin: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
flourishing247:

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, they are applying with me (my spouse and two children less than 3 yrs). Where will I add them as dependents? Are they required to pay applications fees? If yes, how do I book their appointments with my email address?

Thank you.

Are they applying with you? If yes add them as dependants. If no then you have to open a new profile. Use the senior one as major applicant and the other as dependent. Note: that you can't use an email already attached to your profile. Set up a new email.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 765mom: 6:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Hello house. I can’t get an interview waiver date. It says nO available dates for the past 3 weeks. Please what option do I have?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
My heartfelt condolences. God comfort and uphold the entire family.

Dampops:
Sorry @CheersToLife…lost my sister last week, so I’m still not at my best mood yet (I’ve not been here since morning or so). God bless @HajiaRai for her responses. She was spot on…go ahead and take advantage of the IW window…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HajiaRai: 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
If you are applying together, add them as your dependants. If not, you definitely need 2 other email addresses.

With the 2 email addresses and other details they ask for, 2 separate profiles will be created for each child by the consulate.

I asked if both children can be put on one profile and was told no.

However, I think you should send an email or call first as our cases may have differences that count.

All the best!

kaykehin:
Good afternoon Team,

Please can I use my email address to create a new profile for my two children to schedule their visa interview or I need to create new email addresses for them?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cutelass: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
Enyinne:
What of if the childs usa passport have expired . What should one do in this case .

You can renew US passport in Lagos and Abuja, book an appointment, dates are readily available

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/minors-passport-renewal/

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stacey1994: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thank you....I just got the pickup mail now grin

profmutant:
It now says "Your passport has been picked up". Up until 10pm last night, it still showed "Your passport is still at the US embassy"

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Donde: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nasun1: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2022
Happy you got it. My mom went to DHL yesterday and they still claimed they couldn't find it. She returned today determined not to leave until it was found. They kept telling her they were still searching for it. Coincidentally, another individual came to pick up passports for a family application. It was a family of 3 but they gave her four passports. The fourth passport given to the person was actually my mom's. Thankfully that error was picked up and the passport was returned to her. Can you imagine? It's just gross negligence.

profmutant:
Thanks for this.
You gave me the ginger to go to DHL this morning. And they brought out my passport like they weren't the same people that told me the passport isn't with them 2ce when i went there.
I also sent an email to lagosniv@state.gov last night and got a response today that my passport has been with DHL since 23rd of February.
So in summary:

Submitted 15th February
Visa issued 22nd February
No pickup email
Visited DHL 2ce and they said it wasn't with them.
Passport tracking said my passport was still at the embassy
Went to DHL again 25th March and picked up without hassle.

Bunch of sloppy people, i must say.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enyinne(f): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2022
Thanks sis for this information
cutelass:

You can renew US passport in Lagos and Abuja, book an appointment, dates are readily available

https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/minors-passport-renewal/

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 2:20am On Mar 26, 2022
From all the recent updates, DHL is the issue. Must everything in this country be a struggle?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gvstavo: 3:06am On Mar 26, 2022
dkby:

I was in the group, I was alloted 9:40am yesterday, I did my part yesterday, waiting for my time today, only to discover I was removed from the group. It's unfair.
Admins behave like demi-god on that telegram group. I can't deal, I left the group myself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Esi2cool: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Thanks a lot. But my dashboard/profile doesn't show as it should. I have attached the photo. I really need assitance and solution to this.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2022
765mom:
Hello house. I can’t get an interview waiver date. It says nO available dates for the past 3 weeks. Please what option do I have?

Join the US IW( Nigeria) group on telegram ..you will get a date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Laughter93: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please does anyone have information about or experience with F1/F2 interview waiver in Abuja? Can I send my documents from any of the designated DHL offices to Abuja embassy or do I have to go to the embassy in person? There is also no appointment time scheduled, all I have is an interview waiver confirmation letter (I don't really understand the document drop-off information on the interview waiver confirmation letter).
I will appreciate any information or clarity on the matter.
Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Richbuddy: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please, kindly help with the link to the telegram group. Thank you and God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyaboys: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2022
Update...
March 14th....submitted documents
March 18th...Issued
March 23rd....received mail for pickup
March 26th...picked up passport from DHL
Thanks everyone and good luck

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MaryAndrews: 7:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please has anyone who was asked to schedule a follow up 221G interview online had their interview? Please share your transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by omotapeju: 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2022
Good evening everyone. Do anyone know where I can get cheap tickets .I have some family friends coming into the country in June and they need me to buy their tickets for them. They are based in Texas, is it cheaper to buy here or ask them to buy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:40pm On Mar 26, 2022
No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Esi2cool:
Thanks a lot. But my dashboard/profile doesn't show as it should. I have attached the photo. I really need assitance and solution to this.

This is strange. Call the embassy. Did you click on new application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ikeolafarm: 12:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Please help clear my confusion

1. With a PhD full funding, is it advisable to apply for the student's I-20 and that of the dependent at the same time?
2. Will there be a need to provide for living expenses of the dependent outside of the funding or the funding can cover both of them?
3. If they are to apply for it same time, can they attend visa interview same time?
4. Are they going to fill separate DS 160 form? If yes, how can they plan to attend interview together?
5. How do you advise the dependent to answer the question 'why do you want to go with your spouse?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2022
ikeolafarm:

1. With a full funding, is it advisable to apply for the student's I-20 and that of the dependent at the same time?
2. Will there be a need to provide for living expenses of the dependent outside of the funding or the finding can cover both of them?
3. If they are to apply for it same time, can they attend visa interview same tone?
4. Are they going to fill separate DS 160 form? If yes, how can they plan to attend interview together?
5. How do you advise the dependent to answer the question 'why do you want to go with your spouse?

Thank you.

1. Yes you can
2. Yes there will. Ask the international student office the fund to be provided for each dependant.
3. Yes they can
4. Yes and yes
5. Why does the dependant want to go with the F1??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by walepepe21: 4:57am On Mar 27, 2022
ikeolafarm:

1. With a full funding, is it advisable to apply for the student's I-20 and that of the dependent at the same time?
2. Will there be a need to provide for living expenses of the dependent outside of the funding or the finding can cover both of them?
3. If they are to apply for it same time, can they attend visa interview same tone?

Thank you.

You are taking the right decision and on the Right path!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by peace2007: 7:21am On Mar 27, 2022
Hello everyone, I have issues getting emergency appointments for 3 people, the emergency has been approved and I was asked to schedule another appointment but since the time I have been logging in it has been no appointments at the moment and I have till 31 of March unless my emergency appointments will be Council
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NCANCHAIR(m): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2022
Good morning from Nigeria. Please, I want to know what it takes for a US citizen to sponsor someone in Nigeria to the United States of America. And what class of visa would be better and easier. Thanks in anticipation of your genuine and detailed response. Do have a pleasant night rest
thejourney200:

There is a thread on student visa, it was very helpful however, you may have to start from at least 3 editions before the current one to get as much information as you may require. I also used websites like usnews.com. The education section helps navigate the website and gives a list of school offering one's program.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by naniboi: 9:55am On Mar 27, 2022
Dampops:
Have you collected your passport? Was a follow up interview mentioned on the 221g slip? Was there any reference to coming for interview on any Thursday between 6.30-9.30am?
If that was not stated, then a follow up appointment schedule will pop up automatically on your interview appointment portal…within few days after collecting your passport back, for you to schedule an interview…

What is your current situation?

Passport has been collected. There was no reference as to coming for interview on any Thursday between 6.30-9.30am.
The follow up appointment schedule did not pop up on the profile. Its just the form where it was marked for follow up documents to be brought in for further scrutiny.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2022
NCANCHAIR:
Good morning from Nigeria. Please, I want to know what it takes for a US citizen to sponsor someone in Nigeria to the United States of America. And what class of visa would be better and easier. Thanks in anticipation of your genuine and detailed response. Do have a pleasant night rest

You will have to go to the travel site of the US to read about each type of Visa then choose the one that fits your situation. There are different types of visas

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Teewhy29 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.