Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935976 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
UmmZayd:

You can try checking within the hours of 3 and 9 but also be patient and don't let it weigh you out. Just remember everyone is also trying to get same thing. Relax and everything will be fine. Don't be stressed out o

Hello UmmZayd,

Thanks for THIS, much appreciated!!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=flourishing247 post=111506750]

Hello flourishing247,

Thanks for THIS, much appreciated!!!

I have been so stressed, but I reckon tomorrow will be a great day!!!

Cheers!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by codeline(m): 5:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Has anyone experienced this before? I tried creating a new CGI account for my mum but keeps throwing this error

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Note: I made sure the email used was new. Also, this is her first time applying for a US visa.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dasayo: 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hi People,

Good evening.

Please, how long did you have to wait before the status of your application changed? especially if you submitted last week monday.

its been 8 working days and my application is still showing "application received"

I thought to ask.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lordkross:
Hello guys, my interview was supposed to be on Monday 4th April, 2022 but the Embassy just emailed this to be that it rescheduled to on the 7th.

I just want to confirm if it is normal?

Thanks

It is normal. Just pray for favour

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newsolutions: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
dasayo:
Hi People,

Good evening.

Please, how long did you have to wait before the status of your application changed? especially if you submitted last week monday.
its been 8 working days and my application is still showing "application received"

I thought to ask.

Thank you

Be patient . I will also advise that you pray for favour incase they are taking time to decide
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 6:25pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
A friend of mine was rejected a B1/B2 visa twice in 2015 and 2016… in 2015 he wanted to go for his wife’s graduation(his wife was in a masters program then) and in 2016 he decided to apply again for B1/B2 (for holiday ) but really because his wife was going back to the US to have a baby but was rejected both times.

His wife has been back in naija after the masters since 2015 (though she went to give birth In 2016 and returned). They have been working and doing fine.

Now this year he wants to go for a conference/poster presentation that would look good on his resume and help him get a promotion at work. The conference is in USA in November. Out of fear of being rejected, he wanted to look for another conference in another country but his wife is now a pregnant and she wants to give birth in the US around November (same time as the US conference). Now he really would like to witness the birth of his second child.
Question:
ITS BEEN 6YEARS since his last rejection
1) Does he stand a better chance applying for
a B1 (conference visa) since the conference/poster presentation is a paid conference (not free) and it’s a physical conference NO ONLINE OPTION. The conference is around same time as the time his pregnant wife is due to birth

2) does he stand a better chance on a B1/B2 visiting visa saying he is just going on holiday since it’s been 6 years he was rejected.

Brief Background :
His field is the technology field
He did his masters in the UK in 2012, has visited the Uk for holidays in the past. Since his last rejection, he has been to a European country (2019) for a training related to his job that helped with his last promotion just like the one he wants to go for now that will help with the promotion he is due for at the end of the year.
He also just to renewed his UK visa

Please your advice will be really appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Klebsiella: 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2022
esdajo:
@Payati & Klebsiella

Go back to the usatraveldocs website, select book an appointment, login and answer the interview waiver questions regarding when your visa expired, whether you are applying for the same category and from the same location, etc. After answering those questions, the system will determine if you qualify for the IW and ask you to accept it then proceed. It won't take you to where you are supposed to choose a date on the calender. Log out and start all over from the website, if possible, clear your browser history and cache.

Thanks a lot �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by doodz: 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
codeline:
Has anyone experienced this before? I tried creating a new CGI account for my mum but keeps throwing this error

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Note: I made sure the email used was new. Also, this is her first time applying for a US visa.

Thanks

Hello,

Please, I am currently experiencing this same problem. I haven't been able to register as a new user in order to schedule an appointment.
What could possibly be the problem? I submitted my DS160 two days ago and paid the visa fee at GT bank yesterday morning.
I have also tried different emails but it's still the same. I called the embassy too but after waiting for long to be answered by an agent, the call drops from their end. Has anyone else experienced and got it sorted? I'd like to know how to go about it.
Please help!

Thank you very kindly.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BloodyMitch(f): 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Abuja is open for IW as at the time I picked date some mins ago it had the following - April
11 45 slots, April 13, 260 slots and April 14, 164 slots. Submission is at dhl, wondering if one needs to travel themselves and drop it or give to someone.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ikeolafarm: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2022
Pls what exchange rate is used to convert required funds for living expenses?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kekeDamsy(f): 7:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
Please can you drop the link for the telegram group.. please

It is mentally taking in all honesty but you will get a date. They haven't released much dates this week. Stay alert tomorrow and next. Hopefully there will be goodnews. There is no other alternative. The telegram group is the quickest way to get a date. Just keep calm and always stay online from 8am - 5Pm. Also tell them in the group to give you a call once dates open up. You will succeed.[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
kekeDamsy:

It is mentally taking in all honesty but you will get a date. They haven't released much dates this week. Stay alert tomorrow and next. Hopefully there will be goodnews. There is no other alternative. The telegram group is the quickest way to get a date. Just keep calm and always stay online from 8am - 5Pm. Also tell them in the group to give you a call once dates open up. You will succeed.

Go through the last three pages. You will find it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2022
ikeolafarm:
Pls what exchange rate is used to convert required funds for living expenses?

CBN rate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,

The conference is in USA in November. Out of fear of being rejected, he wanted to look for another conference in another country but his wife is now a pregnant and she wants to give birth in the US around November (same time as the US conference). Now he really would like to witness the birth of his second child.
Question:
a B1 (conference visa) since the conference/poster presentation is a paid conference (not free) and it’s a physical conference NO ONLINE OPTION. The conference is around same time as the time his pregnant wife is due to birth

Let both of them rethink all their November 2022 plans.
Starting with screenshot below.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MaryAndrews: 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2022
Please has anyone here been able to book a 221G interview this week? No interview dates popping up or am I checking at the wrong times?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 1:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Copy that which pertains to you and paste in your browser

IW ABUJA
https:
//t.
me/
+7WG0RFZ1rIUxOTdk

IW LAGOS
https:
//t.
me/
LagosUSVisaIW

kekeDamsy:

It is mentally taking in all honesty but you will get a date. They haven't released much dates this week. Stay alert tomorrow and next. Hopefully there will be goodnews. There is no other alternative. The telegram group is the quickest way to get a date. Just keep calm and always stay online from 8am - 5Pm. Also tell them in the group to give you a call once dates open up. You will succeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ikeolafarm: 1:30am On Mar 31, 2022
Pls do you know the source to get the CBN rates?

UmmZayd:

CBN rate
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UmmZayd: 1:43am On Mar 31, 2022
ikeolafarm:

No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdomox: 3:57am On Mar 31, 2022
codeline:

Errors

Thanks

Mail them to open an account for you.

support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 4:57am On Mar 31, 2022
Google nah…

CBN.gov.ng

ikeolafarm:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 5:06am On Mar 31, 2022
It’s funny that you have all these details about your friend’s previous applications. One would think the person being referenced was you or your husband.

You didn’t mention anything about his wife (except I missed that part). On what visa is she going to the US for childbirth in November? Is she a citizen?

He can apply for the B1 visa to attend his business conference (no need for you to mention that ulterior motive he has-to witness the birth of his second child). He has to get an interview date and that will be a challenge. Interview dates available are for 2023. I wish him all the luck…

He can look for a conference in another country as a backup…

Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
A friend of mine was rejected a B1/B2 visa twice in 2015 and 2016… in 2015 he wanted to go for his wife’s graduation(his wife was in a masters program then) and in 2016 he decided to apply again for B1/B2 (for holiday ) but really because his wife was going back to the US to have a baby but was rejected both times.

His wife has been back in naija after the masters since 2015 (though she went to give birth In 2016 and returned). They have been working and doing fine.

Now this year he wants to go for a conference/poster presentation that would look good on his resume and help him get a promotion at work. The conference is in USA in November. Out of fear of being rejected, he wanted to look for another conference in another country but his wife is now a pregnant and she wants to give birth in the US around November (same time as the US conference). Now he really would like to witness the birth of his second child.
Question:

2) does he stand a better chance on a B1/B2 visiting visa saying he is just going on holiday since it’s been 6 years he was rejected.

Brief Background :
His field is the technology field
He did his masters in the UK in 2012, has visited the Uk for holidays in the past. Since his last rejection, he has been to a European country (2019) for a training related to his job that helped with his last promotion just like the one he wants to go for now that will help with the promotion he is due for at the end of the year.
He also just to renewed his UK visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 5:13am On Mar 31, 2022
fkj950ax:

Let both of them rethink all their November 2022 plans.
Starting with screenshot below.
Im not sure I understand you fully sir.
Anyway, the wife just got a B2 visa as she has had pregnancy complications in the past. People get B2 visas if they have had birth complications and can convince the VO they can afford the birthing in the US.
If you go to Nairaland “give birth in the US” some people have been getting B2 visas if they are in this category.

Some on existing B1/B2 even inform the embassy about the intention to birth in the US and they are told it’s ok. This is recent times. You can check the platform
For such testimony

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 5:38am On Mar 31, 2022
Dampops:
It’s funny that you have all these details about your friend’s previous applications. One would think the person being referenced was you or your husband.

You didn’t mention anything about his wife (except I missed that part). On what visa is she going to the US for childbirth in November? Is she a citizen?

He can apply for the B1 visa to attend his business conference (no need for you to mention that ulterior motive he has-to witness the birth of his second child). He has to get an interview date and that will be a challenge. Interview dates available are for 2023. I wish him all the luck…

He can look for a conference in another country as a backup…

Lol you are right he’s my sis-in-laws husband’s brother but that story seemed long so I just put friend.

Anyway his wife just got a B2 based on past pregnancy complication. Apparently some people have been getting that as I mentioned in my last post to @fkj950ax

He may be lucky with appointment as I assume they have someone that helps with that cos of how fast his wife got the B2 appointment.

I thought so too. I think he has a better chance with B1 cos one could reason that it’s been 6YEARS since his rejection and the only reason he is attempting US again is cos of the conference otherwise he may never apply again. Other than why come back to apply for Holiday to the US after 6years ? I dunno sha

Thanks alot for your advice sir

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 5:42am On Mar 31, 2022
I can confirm this information. My last visa B2 was issued for birthing purpose, at the time I had a valid B1/B2 but when I later got pregnant I reapplied and mentioned to the VO this time about my intention to birth in America, the grilling was much but it was issued with plenty warnings for me to pay my bills so that it doesn't affect the subsequent renewals.
Basically, it's one's ability to convince the VO also evidence that you can afford to pay your bills.

Kemo88:

Anyway, the wife just got a B2 visa as she has had pregnancy complications in the past. People get B2 visas if they have had birth complications and can convince the VO they can afford the birthing in the US.
If you go to Nairaland “give birth in the US” some people have been getting B2 visas if they are in this category.

Some on existing B1/B2 even inform the embassy about the intention to birth in the US and they are told it’s ok. This is recent times. You can check the platform
For such testimony

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Klebsiella: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2022
Good morning everyone, I was lucky to get a date for IW yesterday. However, I just realized I need to update my DS 160 form (old one was filled over 6 months ago and I need to update travel plans).

I hope I won’t have any problems because I already scheduled the date with the old DS 160 bar code. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2022
ikeolafarm:

If I understand your question correctly, take your passport, visa and flight ticket to your bank. Your flight must be confirmed. If possible, checked in online.

You should get $4000 max with CBN rate.
The bankers may stonewall a bit. They want to "take" $1000 from your $4000 limit for themselves.
You can say No or play ball with them.

They aren't taking your money, but limiting your allowance so they can buy $ and sell on the black market with their own money.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2022
Kemo88:

For such testimony

The screenshot I shared is a new update on USinNG website released around when IW was also reintroduced.

You won't get a visa for birth purposes right now.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html#:~:text=Travel%20Purposes%20Not%20Permitted%20On%20Visitor%20Visas&text=Employment,journalism%2C%20or%20other%20information%20media
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 8:21am On Mar 31, 2022
This is the old method. The new method is to make an application to CBN online on their trade platform. They will process it.
fkj950ax:

If I understand your question correctly, take your passport, visa and flight ticket to your bank. Your flight must be confirmed. If possible, checked in online.

You should get $4000 max with CBN rate.
The bankers may stonewall a bit. They want to "take" $1000 from your $4000 limit for themselves.
You can say No or play ball with them.

They aren't taking your money, but limiting your allowance so they can buy $ and sell on the black market with their own money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:31am On Mar 31, 2022
doodz:

Hello,

Please, I am currently experiencing this same problem. I haven't been able to register as a new user in order to schedule an appointment.
What could possibly be the problem? I submitted my DS160 two days ago and paid the visa fee at GT bank yesterday morning.
I have also tried different emails but it's still the same. I called the embassy too but after waiting for long to be answered by an agent, the call drops from their end. Has anyone else experienced and got it sorted? I'd like to know how to go about it.
Please help!

Thank you very kindly.
Write the embassy with your Name and info on your passport data page, they will open a profile for you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2022
Guys, I need the telegram group link for Abuja IW.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kemo88: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2022
fkj950ax:

The screenshot I shared is a new update on USinNG website released around when IW was also reintroduced.

You won't get a visa for birth purposes right now.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html#:~:text=Travel%20Purposes%20Not%20Permitted%20On%20Visitor%20Visas&text=Employment,journalism%2C%20or%20other%20information%20media

Well two people shared that they just got their B2 for birthing last week. They presented and explained their need to based on complications from previous pregnancy. So ……

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.