Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (944018 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
megastu:
Yes

Did they send you an email to fill out the questions on word?
After filling out and sending to lagosniv, did you wait for their response before sending back your passport via dhl or you just sent it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mumsyfiyin: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
I will do just that. The status was updated on the 17th of March

Donde:

I agree with you on sending an email to LagosNIV@state.gov.

I did an email to the US Embassy for my dad’s passport which was issued on March 16th and just got a response that it’s been returned to DHL since March 17. It appears the DHL guys are sloppy (like someone said earlier) or overwhelmed. I will be visiting them tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

So I applied for the renewal of my B1/B2 visa and was initially refused after I was scheduled for an interview. I reapplied again after a few days and I explained some of the things I did not mention in my previous application such as owning a registered business, properties and being a professional. I included my business registration documents, property documents, corporate bank account and a cover letter from the bank to prove that I am the only signatory to the said account in addition to a 2-page cover letter explaining my circumstances and links to CAC and NBA's websites to confirm the existence of my business and my membership of the legal profession. I also included 7 family pictures, all printed on an A4 paper when I mailed over the documents to the US consulate. I checked this afternoon and saw "Refused" on the status and it was updated today. I also saw this on that page:

"A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application".

Does it mean one could be refused and still be called for an interview to clarify certain things or one could be refused pending verification of some of the supporting documents I submitted? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AbbyAA: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2022
Please can someone be kind enough to let us know when a IW date is available, the telegram group keeps kicking me out, last time just a few seconds after joining cry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
was this a 221G follow up interview or a normal interview?
esdajo:
Hi everyone,

So I applied for the renewal of my B1/B2 visa and was initially refused after I was scheduled for an interview. I reapplied again after a few days and I explained some of the things I did not mention in my previous application such as owning a registered business, properties and being a professional. I included my business registration documents, property documents, corporate bank account and a cover letter from the bank to prove that I am the only signatory to the said account in addition to a 2-page cover letter explaining my circumstances and links to CAC and NBA's websites to confirm the existence of my business and my membership of the legal profession. I also included 7 family pictures, all printed on an A4 paper when I mailed over the documents to the US consulate. I checked this afternoon and saw "Refused" on the status and it was updated today. I also saw this on that page:

"A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application".

Does it mean one could be refused and still be called for an interview to clarify certain things or one could be refused pending verification of some of the supporting documents I submitted? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Drop box (IW). Sent in my passport and supporting documents by mail in a mailing carton to the US Consulate in Frankfurt.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chichi2: 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Good day everyone,
Please is there any telegram group for regular US visa interview apart from IW.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lalasun: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hi everyone,

I just tracked my application and it says I was refused. I've never overstayed and I applied for IW. I also haven't received an email from them. I have a valid UK visa and I have also travelled to the UK. Attached is the screenshot. Any advice would be helpful.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
@lalasun this is the same thing I saw when I tracked mine today. I think there would be a follow-up personal interview but not sure so I posted here for gurus in the house to help interpret it if its a final decision or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by excel1960(f): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2022
Pls I have been trying to use the link but it's not working. Pls can you add me so I can get a date for my mum. Zero eight zero three three four seven five two nine three. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
esdajo:
Hi everyone,

So I applied for the renewal of my B1/B2 visa and was initially refused after I was scheduled for an interview. I reapplied again after a few days and I explained...

I checked this afternoon and saw "Refused" on the status and it was updated today. I also saw this on that page:

The response is generic and not specific to your case solely.
In order to accommodate different scenarios, they phrased it and added the proviso above.
Where you informed of a refusal pending processing xyz...? If you weren't, then only the first part of the statement applies to you and vice versa...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
nunicelady:

Try this

Copy and paste on your browser

https:
//t.
me/
+W0ueDT6FqAdkZThk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hello flourishing247,

Thanks for the response, but the link you sent was not coming up with any page.

I have no issues with sticking with rules, but the issue now is, how does one get access into the Telegram group?

If the Admin of this Telegram group(s) can kindly respond here as to their willingness to accept new members, that will be nice. At least, this way people quit literally pleading to join the group, without responses with the actual links.

Once again, @flourishing247, thanks for your response, much appreciated!

UPDATE!!!
I just joined one...hope it is the right one!

Cheers!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dixja: 12:11am On Mar 29, 2022
@cheersToLife what is your telegram username?

CheersToLife:
Hello flourishing247,

Thanks for the response, but the link you sent was not coming up with any page.

I have no issues with sticking with rules, but the issue now is, how does one get access into the Telegram group?

If the Admin of this Telegram group(s) can kindly respond here as to their willingness to accept new members, that will be nice. At least, this way people quit literally pleading to join the group, without responses with the actual links.

Once again, @flourishing247, thanks for your response, much appreciated!

UPDATE!!!
I just joined one...hope it is the right one!

Cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Aniody: 4:51am On Mar 29, 2022
Good morning everyone, I want to appreciate everyone for your contributions on this page. I was a silent reader, I started following this page from the beginning and I learnt so much from here, this is the reason I came back to make my own contribution.

I had my interview section for B1B2 yesterday in Abuja with a virgin passport, never traveled, not even to Ghana and I was issued a Visa. I want to encourage those with a virgin passport to never give up.
I did everything MYSELF, from filling my DS-160, paying the Visa fee and booking for an appointment, never involved any agent.

My transcript below ;
When we got to the open space before the interview room, a Nigerian lady checked our passports, got to me and this happened.

Lady: Can I have your passport ?
Me: I gave it to her, she opened it.
Lady: Can I have your old passport?
Me: *confused* I don’t have it here, I didn’t know I was supposed to come with it.
Lady: Got very angry and said: how do I know your information is not fake, if you had filled your form yourself, you would have known you were supposed to come with your old passport, you are not ready for this interview.
Mesad1st timer who only got her information from nairaland) people of God, I started sweating and told her I filled the form myself and I am ready, I am sorry.
Lady: It is not about being sorry, i am doing my job, did you travel with it?
Me: No I didn’t.
Lady : how am I sure you are telling the truth, you are not ready and she went to the next person.
I started begging my heart not to leave my body, I calmed down and went for the interview.

VO: Can i have your passport ?
Me: Yes please, here, thank you.
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, I haven’t (who dash me, me wey carry virgin passport come meet you)
VO: Why do you want to visit the US?
Me: I intend to visit the US for a conference on ……
VO: With all her attention on me , Where do you work?
Mesadnote: i work in a place related to what the conference is about)( I had all my attention to her also, very pretty white lady �.) I work with ……….,,,,,,. and we are …………, we do …………,,,,
VO: (attention still on me.) You sound like a coordinator.(this was what I filled in my form)
Me: Yes please I am in charge of ……….,,,…,,… zone that covers…………..states.
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: I have been working with my office for over 13yrs.
VO: Are you the only one going for this conference?
Me: Yes I am, others are going to UK for another related conference.
VO: (took her attention back to her computer and started typing) have you attended this type of conference before?
Me: Yes, but here in Nigeria.
VO: (after few seconds of typing, with her attention on me again) Are you married?
Me: Yes, I am married with…….,,…number of kids.
VO: (She gave me a smile) with …….kids? (Reached out to the white paper on her left, slides it through the window and said) Your application looks good, you will pick your visa in 3days.
Mesad very excited) Thank you so much, I appreciate you ( with my hands together like, namaste hand �)
VO: Thank you too, bye.
She didn’t asked me for anything document, so I didn’t even open my bulky folder I went with.

So many students (F1) were given, a lot of people were denied also, especially people going for visiting.
I also noticed a lot of people going for conference were also given.
So, thank you again, may God grant us all our heart desire.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 5:21am On Mar 29, 2022
Please help! no appointment available since I started checking. Mine is a family application for IW, is there any hope at all?
Please help I really need a date in April.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:10am On Mar 29, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:23am On Mar 29, 2022
Aniody:
Good morning everyone, I want to appreciate everyone for your contributions on this page. I was a silent reader, I started following this page from the beginning and I learnt so much from here, this is the reason I came back to make my own contribution.

I had my interview section for B1B2 yesterday in Abuja with a virgin passport, never traveled, not even to Ghana and I was issued a Visa. I want to encourage those with a virgin passport to never give up.
I did everything MYSELF, from filling my DS-160, paying the Visa fee and booking for an appointment, never involved any agent

My transcript below ;
When we got to the open space before the interview room, a Nigerian lady checked our passports, got to me and this happened.

Me: *confused* I don’t have it here, I didn’t know I was supposed to come with it.
Lady: Got very angry and said: how do I know your information is not fake, if you had filled your form yourself, you would have known you were supposed to come with your old passport, you are not ready for this interview.
Mesad1st timer who only got her information from nairaland) people of God, I started sweating and told her I filled the form myself and I am ready, I am sorry.
Lady : how am I sure you are telling the truth, you are not ready and she went to the next person.
I started begging my heart not to leave my body, I calmed down and went for the interview.

Congratulations.

I always say what I highlighted above to people. It's the holy grail.
D. I. Y. Even with fresh passport.

And the typical Nigerian bad behavior as done by the lady all in a bid to extort money from you is simply evil. Why create mental anxiety for a stranger because you want dash money.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oab1: 6:39am On Mar 29, 2022
'Refusal' is not always as bad as it sounds. Sometimes its for things as little as needing to provide a new passport photo. It may also be there are things in your application that they want more information. Wait for the passport to come out, the form 221g will provide more information on the reason(s) for the 'refusal' and then you can take it from there.
Stay positive and all the best!

lalasun:
Hi everyone,

I just tracked my application and it says I was refused. I've never overstayed and I applied for IW. I also haven't received an email from them. I have a valid UK visa and I have also travelled to the UK. Attached is the screenshot. Any advice would be helpful.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 7:43am On Mar 29, 2022
Thanks. The links are not going through at all.

flourishing247:

Go through this page you will see a link to join a telegram group. That's the fastest way to get a date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 7:49am On Mar 29, 2022
[quote author=dixja post=111455963]@cheersToLife what is your telegram username?

Hello dixja,

It is the same...CheersToLife!

Cheers!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:10am On Mar 29, 2022
Congrats to you. Kudos for being unfazed by the lady’s attitude. It could’ve unsettled you and mess up the interview. Thank God it went well.

Safe travels….

Aniody:

I did everything MYSELF, from filling my DS-160, paying the Visa fee and booking for an appointment, never involved any agent.

My transcript below ;

VO: Can i have your passport ?
Me: Yes please, here, thank you.
VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, I haven’t (who dash me, me wey carry virgin passport come meet you)
VO: Why do you want to visit the US?
Me: I intend to visit the US for a conference on ……
VO: With all her attention on me , Where do you work?
Mesadnote: i work in a place related to what the conference is about)( I had all my attention to her also, very pretty white lady �.) I work with ……….,,,,,,. and we are …………, we do …………,,,,
VO: (attention still on me.) You sound like a coordinator.(this was what I filled in my form)
Me: Yes please I am in charge of ……….,,,…,,… zone that covers…………..states.
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: I have been working with my office for over 13yrs.
VO: Are you the only one going for this conference?
Me: Yes I am, others are going to UK for another related conference.
VO: (took her attention back to her computer and started typing) have you attended this type of conference before?
Me: Yes, but here in Nigeria.
VO: (after few seconds of typing, with her attention on me again) Are you married?
Me: Yes, I am married with…….,,…number of kids.
VO: (She gave me a smile) with …….kids? (Reached out to the white paper on her left, slides it through the window and said) Your application looks good, you will pick your visa in 3days.
Mesad very excited) Thank you so much, I appreciate you ( with my hands together like, namaste hand �)
VO: Thank you too, bye.
She didn’t asked me for anything document, so I didn’t even open my bulky folder I went with.

So many students (F1) were given, a lot of people were denied also, especially people going for visiting.
I also noticed a lot of people going for conference were also given.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 8:12am On Mar 29, 2022
Please add me to the telegram group for IW appointments dates too.
Username - Jul'

[quote author=CheersToLife post=111459740][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2022
Good morning house…

@lalasun, be rest assured that you will have a chance to defend your application at a follow up interview soonest…let’s see what is stated on your 221g first…

@esdajo…hmmm…I don’t know how it works in Germany (Frankfurt consulate) but if I can infer from our experience with the Lagos consulate, then you may be called for an interview at the Frankfurt consulate before a final decision is taken. However, you won’t know the next steps until your passport is returned. In the meantime, calm down.

Nice day, folks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CheersToLife(f): 8:48am On Mar 29, 2022
[quote author=cookies post=111460272]
Please add me to the telegram group for IW appointments dates too.
Username - Jul'

Hello,

I am not an Admin in the group o! I just used the link as shared here, but I reckon I was searching wrongly initially, hence the difficulty in finding the group on Telegram.

Please use the below link. Just paste it in your browser, then open it up using the telegram app.

https:
//t.
me/
+W0ueDT6FqAdkZThk

I hope it works for you...

Cheers!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:03am On Mar 29, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2022
esdajo:
Drop box (IW). Sent in my passport and supporting documents by mail in a mailing carton to the US Consulate in Frankfurt.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 9:20am On Mar 29, 2022
Yes, I was initially refused after I sent in my documents for the IW and got an email to login and accept the interview set for me but this was 3 weeks after my documents were delivered by courier. However, I got wind of how to track here on Nairaland and that was what I used to track yesterday even though its just 2 weeks today. I will wait and see what happens next but if will be interviewed in person again, they won't send my passport back until I attend the interview. If its outright refusal, I will get my passport back in the mail pretty soon. Thanks for the contribution.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BizErikah: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2022
Please guys, you all are doing well, helping one another,

I have a question, please!

I submitted for IW in lagos on 23rd March, but I want to ask if you guys added supporting documents cos I see they made mention not to add documents that they didn't ask for

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (440) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70