Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,000 members, 7,835,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (948034 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2022
esdajo:
Drop box (IW). Sent in my passport and supporting documents by mail in a mailing carton to the US Consulate in Frankfurt.

When you were refused and your passport sent back? Were you invited for an interview or you just choose to reapply and send by DHL.

If it was the later, I doubt they check your docs, .

If they needed more docs , you will be asked and if you are refused after a drop box , unless you do a physical interview or send requested docs , I am not sure you qualify for drop box till you are given a new visa because your pending issues will need to be addressed .

One of the IW questionnaire is have you been refused or issued a visa since you last applied ( not exact words) cos if the answer was a No. You don't qualify
lalasun:
Hi everyone,

I just tracked my application and it says I was refused. I've never overstayed and I applied for IW. I also haven't received an email from them. I have a valid UK visa and I have also travelled to the UK. Attached is the screenshot. Any advice would be helpful.

Wait till you get your passport and check for a slip, you may be required to come for a physical interview on any Thursday convenient but ensure you go with all supporting docs .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:42am On Mar 29, 2022
BizErikah:
Please guys, you all are doing well, helping one another,

I have a question, please!

I submitted for IW in lagos on 23rd March, but I want to ask if you guys added supporting documents cos I see they made mention not to add documents that they didn't ask for

No supporting docs required at drop box..if they need any, they would ask you to mail to them or bring when coming for a physical interview .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kgirl29: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2022
good day all.
I appreciate you guys for all the inputs. Does anyone know how I can apply for my son of 9years old to come for an interview?
Does it have to be the same process as adults or are there some waivers?

please help me answer this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 10:51am On Mar 29, 2022
flourishing247:

Dates come up almost everyday. Nobody has time to update on nairaland. They update on telegram. There are two groups that I know of. The one I asked you to search for and the other one that is run like a military camp. Hopefully the admins of the groups will see this and add you. I don't have a current link to any of the groups cos I have left them.

Lol@ military camp but they get great results .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 10:52am On Mar 29, 2022
Thanks have successfully joined the diy one.

Thanks.

flourishing247:

Try to quote the post with the link. Then copy and paste on your browser. There are two different links. Treat as urgent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2022
puffmama:

Lol@ military camp but they get great results .

E be like you be admin there. LOL!! Military camp is the best way to describe it..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MarvyWhiz: 11:15am On Mar 29, 2022
Please I'm in a conundrum, I have a program in may and I haven't booked a visa date yet.
Please is there anyway I can book an appointment date? My petition number is not yet out. Thank you.
Replies needed quickly abeg.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2022
@puffmama when I applied the first time under the IW category, I received an email after 3 weeks that I should login to my cgi account and accept the date they chose for me for an in-person interview. I went as scheduled and refused and was told I could always reapply and given back my passport at the embassy. If it was successful, they would have kept it and sent it back via courier (which was paid for at the time of making the visa fee/interview waiver payment online via paypal) after the visa had been issued as they did twice in the past.

So I reapplied under the IW category as there is no limit to the number of times you can reapply because I felt I have a case to make and I paid the fees again and mailed in the DS160, interview waiver and all other supporting documents and a cover letter (which I did not include the first time as I had no reason to believe I would be denied) to prove my case, in a mail-in carton as advised on their website so the passport won't get damaged in transit. So if I am refused, it would be returned by courier and if not, maybe I would be scheduled for another in-person interview to prove my case. But whatever it is, only time would tell. So, I am just keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MarvyWhiz: 11:51am On Mar 29, 2022
I have been unable to create a ustraveldocs account, please I need help I need to book an appointment for may.
Anybody abeg.

I also saw this website
https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/SchedulingSystem.asp

I do not know if it works.

Who know abeg make Una tell me.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Yinkagbo(m): 11:52am On Mar 29, 2022
walepepe21:

You are taking the right decision and on the Right path!

This name looks familiar.... Is this wale from. Lautech?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dampops(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2022
Oh…your case is clear to me now. You’re quite in Germany to have the opportunity of reapplying immediately after a refusal. We don’t have such luxury here in Nigeria…in fact, getting a date is like hunting for a unicorn..

Wish you luck and favor at this second attempt. I will like to see what impact your cover letter will make…

esdajo:
@puffmama when I applied the first time under the IW category, I received an email after 3 weeks that I should login to my cgi account and accept the date they chose for me for an in-person interview. I went as scheduled and refused and was told I could always reapply and given back my passport at the embassy. If it was successful, they would have kept it and sent it back via courier (which was paid for at the time of making the visa fee/interview waiver payment online via paypal) after the visa had been issued as they did twice in the past.

So I reapplied under the IW category as there is no limit to the number of times you can reapply because I felt I have a case to make and I paid the fees again and mailed in the DS160, interview waiver and all other supporting documents and a cover letter (which I did not include the first time as I had no reason to believe I would be denied) to prove my case, in a mail-in carton as advised on their website so the passport won't get damaged in transit. So if I am refused, it would be returned by courier and if not, maybe I would be scheduled for another in-person interview to prove my case. But whatever it is, only time would tell. So, I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
esdajo:

Okay all noted, I pray it comes out well .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
MarvyWhiz:
I have been unable to create a ustraveldocs account, please I need help I need to book an appointment for may.
Anybody abeg.

I also saw this website
https://evisaforms.state.gov/Instructions/SchedulingSystem.asp

I do not know if it works.

Who know abeg make Una tell me.

For new visa? Call the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Thanks.

Dampops:
Oh…your case is clear to me now. You’re quite in Germany to have the opportunity of reapplying immediately after a refusal. We don’t have such luxury here in Nigeria…in fact, getting a date is like hunting for a unicorn..

Wish you luck and favor at this second attempt. I will like to see what impact your cover letter will make…

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by esdajo: 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Amen, thanks.

puffmama:

Okay all noted, I pray it comes out well .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by decorum003(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Please I have few questions i want to ask
me and my dad applied for visiting visa and the agent already got us an appointment date
this application was Jan 2021 and the interview date is Oct 2022. Along the line late Dec 2021 i applied for Master's
in one of the university in the states and i was admitted I already filled the Ds160 form, paid visa fee upon register for
Visa appointment it gives me error message that i already have a data on their system, with a prompt message to transfer data which i clicked yes and i was asked to upload my Passport Image within few min I received a new username and password after login in and
resetting the password it brings out my previous data page but the status of the Visa type is now F-1 but the appointment confirmation page
is detail with B1/B2 visa type this is where am confused.
now here is my question what should i do for me to get a an visa appointment page with F-1 on it, should i cancel the first appointment and schedule another i'm really confused
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stacey1994: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2022
Finally picked up my issued visa yesterday....the journey of many months has finally come to a fruitful end

Summary: Submitted IW application on the 25th Feb...refused on the 2nd of March and I was asked to resubmit a new passport photo which I did

I used my last visa which expired Jan this year to birth and returned to Nigeria this 2022....stayed 3 months and reflected this on my ds160 form.

I was worried this will result in a physical interview request but it did not....

For everyone starting out the process... please be upfront and honest in your ds160...fill it yourself if you can and avoid agents who many times fill incorrect information for people that lead to denial

This thread is a very useful thread....Read through and also gain from the vast experience shared by other people

Wish everyone else success

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cookies: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2022
Congratulations.

Did you mention your baby on your Ds160?

stacey1994:
Finally picked up my issued visa yesterday....the journey of many months has finally come to a fruitful end

Summary: Submitted IW application on the 25th Feb...refused on the 2nd of March and I was asked to resubmit a new passport photo which I did

I used my last visa which expired Jan this year to birth and returned to Nigeria this 2022....stayed 3 months and reflected this on my ds160 form.

I was worried this will result in a physical interview request but it did not....

For everyone starting out the process... please be upfront and honest in your ds160...fill it yourself if you can and avoid agents who many times fill incorrect information for people that lead to denial

This thread is a very useful thread....Read through and also gain from the vast experience shared by other people

Wish everyone else success

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chiomaugwu(f): 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Amen �
Dampops:
Congrats to you. Kudos for being unfazed by the lady’s attitude. It could’ve unsettled you and mess up the interview. Thank God it went well.

Safe travels….

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Waarreng: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2022
zblade:
Is anyone experiencing this....Havnt received a pick up mail...and i submitted since 8th of March....
Please am having the issue have you gotten your passport. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Papapa1234: 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls my Visa expired 2018..am I eligible for drop box?

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
[quote author=Waarreng post=111476853]
Please am having the issue have you gotten your passport. Thanks[/quote

Have you tracked it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls my Visa expired 2018..am I eligible for drop box?

Thank you

No you are not .
Eligibility period is within 24 months of visa expiration date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Waarreng: 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2022
[quote author=puffmama post=111482487][/quote]
Yes mine is saying issued but my wife refused since 21st March.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olaminikan(f): 12:43am On Mar 30, 2022
Hello NLs, my DS 160 was filled in sept. 2021 but I am eligible for IW, do I fill another DS 160? pls advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzwealthy: 1:44am On Mar 30, 2022
puffmama:

Based on people's report .it is usually about 7 days after all things being equal.
Thank you for your reply . Pls is d 7 days inclusive of weekends or minu weekend . Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mzwealthy: 1:47am On Mar 30, 2022
Please for those that have submitted for Visa for IW. Please how will one track one visa application? Also I am a dependent as my husband is d main applicant pls is it his telephone or email that information will be sent it . I am asking because at d moment he is not within good constant service so I am asking maybe I can b d one checking for information sent .
Please make you people answer me oo . T for tenks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sinzle21: 2:13am On Mar 30, 2022
Hi All, please I need help to joining a telegram group for IW. Kindly assist.

Telegram Username: @OluSinzle
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sinzle21: 2:17am On Mar 30, 2022
Hi Nairalander please help my Page for booking a date for IW is now showing you have to appear in personal for US Visa interview book an appointment date. I hope this would not cancel ones IW opportunity if I proceed?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nunicelady(f): 4:03am On Mar 30, 2022
nunicelady:

Try this for IW appointment DIY telegram group

Copy and paste on your browser

https:
//t.
me/
LagosUSVisaIW

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lalasun: 4:38am On Mar 30, 2022
thanks

oab1:
'Refusal' is not always as bad as it sounds. Sometimes its for things as little as needing to provide a new passport photo. It may also be there are things in your application that they want more information. Wait for the passport to come out, the form 221g will provide more information on the reason(s) for the 'refusal' and then you can take it from there.
Stay positive and all the best!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by puffmama: 5:24am On Mar 30, 2022
Sinzle21:
Hi Nairalander please help my Page for booking a date for IW is now showing you have to appear in personal for US Visa interview book an appointment date. I hope this would not cancel ones IW opportunity if I proceed?

Are you sure you answered all the questions properly, cos if you clicked a wrong answer , it would assume you are not eligible. It happened to me once. So click on new appointment and read and answer the questions correctly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (441) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.