Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (926824 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Faree28: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2022
dirolad:
you can visit the TLS/VAC where you did the Biometrics on how to temporarily withdraw your passport for urgent use, and will return it back as soon as you are done with the urgent need of it. Kindly do that fast. Don't leave until they sort it out for you there. Be patient with them there with respect as you address the situation.

Thank you for the response. Is it possible to temporarily withdraw it without any implications?

Also, what’s the process of entering without an appointment?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dirolad(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2022
Faree28:

Thank you for the response. Is it possible to temporarily withdraw it without any implications?

Also, what’s the process of entering without an appointment?
you line up at the collection line and you show them collection slip at the entrance. You don't need to go deep with them at the entrance, then you proceed to the collection counter and explain your situation. No implications, if your application hasn't been decided after the urgent need of your passport, you must return the passport also if your application application has been decided without rejection letter, you must return the passport to receive the decision.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
LoveGifted:

Yes...they have funds to process the visa.
And also the resources that can cover them for a month visit.

They can proceed with applying for their visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Faree28: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2022
dirolad:
you line up at the collection line and you show them collection slip at the entrance. You don't need to go deep with them at the entrance, then you proceed to the collection counter and explain your situation. No implications, if your application hasn't been decided after the urgent need of your passport, you must return the passport also if your application application has been decided without rejection letter, you must return the passport to receive the decision.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the response.
Will get this done tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hardheolar:

Thanks for the response. Does that mean I won't be able to select a date until then?
You can select a date. The current appointment date is 2024. 2022-2023 is fully booked.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 6:45am On Aug 23, 2022
Lily89:

No they are sponsoring the trip. Though o sent them an invitation letter and my bank statement, proof of employment because I'm a Registered Nurse here in California. No she is on a Student visa (studying nursing), her husband is on dependent visa and working. They are planning on coming in December 2022 when she is on break. She graduates next year September. Her interview is in UK this week Wednesday. Any advice will be appreciated.

Since they are self sponsored then your statement of account isn't necessary.
It would have been better if they were permanent resident of the UK and also have a fixed job over there. This would have at least stood as a strong tie to the UK and might help in convincing the VO that they would leave the USA after their visit.
Secondly , I dont know if she has a good travel history which might be a plus for her. The truth is that most of the odds are against her and I list them below;
*She is a temporary resident of the UK.
*She doesnt have strong ties to the UK (would have been better is she applied from her country of Citizenship or permanent residence)
*No Fixed job , so how can she convince the visa officer that she has adequate funds to finance the trip. She might have an account with enough money inside but the USA embassy most times doesn't request for bank statement during interview of visitors.
*Nigeria is a country where a high number of her citizens visiting the US tends to overstay .
* Most times the interview is usually short and you are not given an opportunity to better explain yourself to the visa officer, most of the info they need in other to make a decision is what you provided when completing the Ds160 form .
I wish her and her Family the best of luck in her interview tomorrow.
NB: Pleae note that all I have written above is based on my own opinion and understanding as an individual and not as an immigration consultant.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by divinely001: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2022
Morning sir/ma
Pls can someone add me to a B1/B2 Us visa interview date slot tracking group pls.
Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 9:32am On Aug 23, 2022
divinely001:
Morning sir/ma
Pls can someone add me to a B1/B2 Us visa interview date slot tracking group pls.
Thanks in anticipation
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html
Click on the link above . Select the city where the embassy or consolate is located and it automatically shows you the number of days you need to wait for appointment and different visa types.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by idowuolawoye(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2022
mrprolifik:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html
Click on the link above . Select the city where the embassy or consolate is located and it automatically shows you the number of days you need to wait for appointment and different visa types.

The link isn't working. Please how can one get a date for dropbox appointment? I have been trying for over a month now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2022
idowuolawoye:

The link isn't working. Please how can one get a date for dropbox appointment? I have been trying for over a month now
I wonder why it isn't working . It's working fine here at my end. Did you input the location of the embassy or consulate then click on go? Well here is a link below for you to book an appointment for interview waiver if you meet the requirement .
You need to login first then move on from there otherwise you will need to create an account.
https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2022
idowuolawoye:

Forget this country and go somewhere else if it is that important

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by idowuolawoye(m): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

Forget this country and go somewhere else if it is that important

Oh boy! Is this also for dropbox or interview appointments?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
The wait time used to be 30 and 60 days before. Now it's two years
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
idowuolawoye:

The portal indicates B1/B2 and I believe both "options" are for the same visa category.

If all Nigerians give this country a GOOD BREAK this craziness will reduce. They will be the one begging una.
The wait craziness is not just in naija its everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

The portal indicates B1/B2 and I believe both "options" are for the same visa category.

If all Nigerians give this country a GOOD BREAK this craziness will reduce. They will be the one begging una.
The wait craziness is not just in naija its everywhere.
where do you live again?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
idowuolawoye:

They have been attending to the Dropbox guys since March or so,where have you been?You can't compare drop box with fresh applications.Renewals are faster if you don't have any issues like not paying your medical bills when you visited or staying too long at a time(For several months).Most of the fresh applicants in 2020 had their appointments canceled due to covid.They were all reschedule to this year.Thats why you have that two year thing.They are so backed up.And even USCIS in the US are also seriously backed up

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:31am On Aug 24, 2022
Spanishmilf:
where do you live again?

Onitsha. It is West of up Iweka road, my home is that cream colored 3 storey penthouse, you cannot miss it. It is also south of that bus terminal with the inscription "In God I Trust" at the top of the building.
FYI I receive visitors every 4th Friday of the month we eat igbin, nkwobi, abacha with ugba, fresh cod and step it down with some fresh palmie. Come this Friday.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:32am On Aug 24, 2022
TheEnforcer:
They have been attending to the Dropbox guys since March or so,where have you been?You can't compare drop box with fresh applications.Renewals are faster if you don't have any issues like not paying your medical bills when you visited or staying too long at a time(For several months).Most of the fresh applicants in 2020 had their appointments canceled due to covid.They were all reschedule to this year.Thats why you have that two year thing.They are so backed up.And even USCIS in the US are also seriously backed up

Hmmmm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by idowuolawoye(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2022
TheEnforcer:

I haven't been able to get a date for dropbox since last month. How did you go about yours, please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
idowuolawoye:

I haven't been able to get a date for dropbox since last month. How did you go about yours, please?
I have no need for renewal. Just telling you what happened

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kman7152: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
PLEASE EVERYONE, I NEED A VERY SERIOUS HELP BY GETTING AN ANSWER TO THIS.
Honestly, i had done all i could with this US visa stuffs but all to no avail. so i decided to take another step
which i thought might be easier. I got an information and link that could make me travel to the USA with a monarch.
i mean going with one of the top kings in Nigeria in order to avoid interviews. But my major question is
Have we seen anyone who had done this before here and does that truly works?? with no interviews? just only biometrics at the embassy??

Please your response shall highly be appreciated.

Thanks...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
kman7152:
Honestly, i had done all i could with this US visa stuffs but all to no avail. so i decided to take another step
which i thought might be easier. I got an information and link that could make me travel to the USA with a monarch.
i mean going with one of the top kings in Nigeria in order to avoid interviews. But my major question is
Have we seen anyone who had done this before here and does that truly works?? with no interviews? just only biometrics at the embassy??

Thanks...

With or without interview do you intend to japa after getting it?

Talk true its a safe environment. We only help those that are truthful here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
How many Nigerians here has pulled or witnessed a "Benson- Uncle London" kinda stunt at the consulate?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
Buyusassn:

Hello

Wetin you dey sell
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kman7152: 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2022

Talk true its a safe environment. We only help those that are truthful here[/quote]

thanks bro@afonja

Bro.. i no go japa ke. I fit no wait wear shoe bro.
i just want to know if the level truly works or not.. if i could see anyone that has had the experience of non appearance level or not..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
kman7152:

Talk true its a safe environment. We only help those that are truthful here

thanks bro@afonja

Bro.. i no go japa ke. I fit no wait wear shoe bro.
i just want to know if the level truly works or not.. if i could see anyone that has had the experience of non appearance level or not..

Glad you told the truth. Don't do it. You will regret it. 2022 is not 1979. Many japa mindset like you are roasting in the USA

If you are traveling on a diplomatic passport or govt assignment. Over 80 or under 14 I think.
Did anyone tell you to pay money to facilitate?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2022
kman7152:

Thanks...

No - this is a scam.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
AfonjaBoston:

If you are traveling on a diplomatic passport or govt assignment. Over 80 or under 14 I think.
Did anyone tell you to pay money to facilitate?

The MFA was caught selling slots on Dip Notes for Dip Visas a few years ago. Those are highly scrutinized.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Shannon70:

The MFA was caught selling slots on Dip Notes for Dip Visas a few years ago. Those are highly scrutinized.

Good news. Anything to weed out abusers is welcome.
Bottomline is the ones that pass security and integrity tests are still waived.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kman7152: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
Thanks for your response, but it seems there was a misunderstanding on the JAPA i was talking about. what i thought you meant was, if i was given with or without interviews, am i ready to go?? that was my own japa interpretation. I'm only going there to see my son.. His mother and i got divorced, so since she left with him. i have been trying to go spend some time with him. I'm into Real estate and i have a lots of properties and business, i am not going to live in the united state. i have tried to get b1/b2 several times and i just didn't know why i got declined always so that got me tired, that was why i thought if there was a way i could do it to accomplish that.

No, i didn't give no one money to facilitate it. I just heard and thought of sharing it here to get enlightened about it.

thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.