Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (939912 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ShallyK: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hi Guys, please is a refund of visa fee possible after linking to one's application? I have been waiting for Dropbox date to no avail. Is it possible to request for a refund?

Or can it be used in another country? For instance, if I am in Canada for study, can I use the US visa fee paid here in Nigeria to apply for US visa in Canada?

Please advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
ShallyK:
Hi Guys, please is a refund of visa fee possible after linking to one's application? I have been waiting for Dropbox date to no avail. Is it possible to request for a refund?

Or can it be used in another country? For instance, if I am in Canada for study, can I use the US visa fee paid here in Nigeria to apply for US visa in Canada?

Please advise.
No refund no transfers.
Pay your Canada visa fees separately, uscis & IRCC are close but different entities.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kunfu(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
segsdynamic:

This issue is very simple... Getting appointment for US visa is not a magic. No matter you are an agent or indivudyal. The same process you will do to get your appointment yourself is the same process agent will take to get you the same appointment. Agent will only charge and collect your money
Try do the appointment yourself and which is the method I used in getting mine.
Thanks
Please can I DM you
I'll like you to direct me please. Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ShallyK: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

No refund no transfers.
Pay your Canada visa fees separately, uscis & IRCC are close but different entities.
I am not asking about Canadian fee... Asking about using it still for US visa fee but routing the application through Canada instead of here in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alexisblessed: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2022

pufframmy:
pls can u help us with ur transcript at the Embassy to help others preparing for the interview thanks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
ShallyK:

I am not asking about Canadian fee... Asking about using it still for US visa fee but routing the application through Canada instead of here in Nigeria.
You already filled the form and inputted a location, paid the fees here too, I think you may have to call the embassy to ask if it’ll be possible and be hopeful it is
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by alexisblessed: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please if anyone has flown Qatar to the US in the last one month abeg let me know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by CloudMike(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Qatar is the best airline in the world. Just know that it has a very very long 2nd leg from Doha to US (as all their flights must stop-over at Doha).

Cheaper flying from Abuja than Lagos with Qatar. But it’s usually a very lovely experience.

alexisblessed:
Please if anyone has flown Qatar to the US in the last one month abeg let me know

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ahuoyiza93:
Good morning everyone
Regarding b1/b2 interview waiver
Please who has had similar scenario and the outcome
I submitted documents about a month now, tried tracking it and it has been showing ‘no status’ ever since
Nothing like administrative processing or even refusal as others might see
Then on the dashboard, initially it showed passport with the consulate and now the delivery dashboard is blank

Abeg who has similar issues, because I haven’t gotten an update for passport pickup or anything related

also if one has to appear in person for Abuja, do we go on Thursday just the way Lagos has it
Thank you all

Hi, have you received your passport now? I am also having the same issue- no status
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
wow that cool

alexisblessed:
Even me sef didn't know it would be so easy oh! I cannot remember word for word or the sequence of questions but it was one tall bald guy with glasses that interviewed me. He asked what i was going for, i said my brother's wedding, he asked for the wedding invitation and my brother's status. My brother lives and works in Ireland but his wife is American. Asked what i do for a living, i told him. He also asked if I'm married or have kids which i said yes, asked my salary figure, he took time before he asked next question, he just kept typing and typing oh! Hian! I was almost sure it would be rejectionsad because of all the things he was typing! Next thing he asked how long I'm staying then he handed me the very golden white paper lol and told me to follow instructions on how to pickup my passport! It still feels so unreal men!! I'm just very grateful!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2022
JUST TO BE SURE , IS THIS THE PROCESS TO FOLLOW TO GET A US VISA

f
All you need to do (with or WITHOUT an agent) is to
A. Fill a DS160 Application Form at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
B. Pay Visa Fees (MRV),
C. Create a profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and book appointment (using the DS160 number and MRV number).

The queue for appointment is 700 days+ (24 months), so if you pay today and book an appointment, you will only see 2024 dates.

Make sure your DS160 is properly filled before you submit it at the end of the form. Take your time. Don't rush. Use 4 days if you have to.
Also note you cant review after submitting so save a copy for yourself before submitting.

PLEASE I APPRECIATE FEEDBACKS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please can i mail you? i want to have an idea of how much you paid for appointment?
Mrsoriginality:
Hello. Alex, can you please help with me tge agent contact.

ote author=alexisblessed post=117232456]Had to use an agent to get my appointment oh after months of searching. My interview was last week and my passport is ready for pickup. Pls i have a question, do airlines only need vaccination card or they need that as well as negative covid test too? I want to use Qatar and they said i only need vaccination to fly, but my colleague who traveled in August said they asked her for both vaccine and test result. Pls has anyone traveled more recently? Let me not go and waste money on test if it is not required.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
ShallyK:

Please advise.

The US visa fee is non refundable and non transferable. You can click on the link below to read more about this.
https://www.ustraveldocs.com/no/no-main-terms-conditions.asp#:~:text=MRV%20fees%20cannot%20be%20transferred,he%2Fshe%20wishes%20to%20apply.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pipereyo1: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
Good day everyone. Pls I have a question to ask and I need someone who can enlighten me on what to do . I booked an appointment early last year February for my wife and kids . We are suppose to attend the interview on the 6th of march 2022 . However we had another kid in January 2022. When I checked my appointment date in late February the appointment as been rescheduled to November 2022 . So I want to add our new baby to the interview . Pls what and what do I need to do ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 12:12am On Oct 04, 2022
hunee:
JUST TO BE SURE , IS THIS THE PROCESS TO FOLLOW TO GET A US VISA

f
All you need to do (with or WITHOUT an agent) is to
A. Fill a DS160 Application Form at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
B. Pay Visa Fees (MRV),
C. Create a profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and book appointment (using the DS160 number and MRV number).

The queue for appointment is 700 days+ (24 months), so if you pay today and book an appointment, you will only see 2024 dates.

Make sure your DS160 is properly filled before you submit it at the end of the form. Take your time. Don't rush. Use 4 days if you have to.
Also note you cant review after submitting so save a copy for yourself before submitting.

PLEASE I APPRECIATE FEEDBACKS
The wait time used to be 30 days for Abuja and 60 days for Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sage7(m): 1:28am On Oct 04, 2022
segsdynamic:

This issue is very simple... Getting appointment for US visa is not a magic. No matter you are an agent or indivudyal. The same process you will do to get your appointment yourself is the same process agent will take to get you the same appointment. Agent will only charge and collect your money
Try do the appointment yourself and which is the method I used in getting mine.
Thanks

Cap!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ShallyK: 1:59am On Oct 04, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

You already filled the form and inputted a location, paid the fees here too, I think you may have to call the embassy to ask if it’ll be possible and be hopeful it is
Thanks, I will try that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 2:10am On Oct 04, 2022
Sage7:

Cap!
Tell us the magic. Because if it was easy people no go dey pay agent.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Skylersun: 9:05am On Oct 04, 2022
You have to schedule the baby's own appointment oh, my brother inlaw's family had this same issue, they called embassy to add baby to their appointment but they were told to go online and schedule the baby's appointment

Pipereyo1:
Good day everyone. Pls I have a question to ask and I need someone who can enlighten me on what to do . I booked an appointment early last year February for my wife and kids . We are suppose to attend the interview on the 6th of march 2022 . However we had another kid in January 2022. When I checked my appointment date in late February the appointment as been rescheduled to November 2022 . So I want to add our new baby to the interview . Pls what and what do I need to do ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pipereyo1: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
[quote author=Skylersun post=117256458]You have to schedule the baby's own appointment oh, my brother inlaw's family had this same issue, they called embassy to add baby to their appointment but they were told to go online and schedule the baby's appointment

Ok . Thanks for the advise , the thing is I already got her passport and paid for the visa fee. Like you know it’s not possible to get same date for her the year anymore . the available appointment is 2024 I guess . So should I just pick any day in 2024 or I should only fill out ds 160 and take the form and visa fee form with me . I will await your response . Thanks �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
am having this same issue currently,
cause at the time i booked our appointment last year my wife not pregnant then
now i need to add our child and no appointment lol
well i will have my faith and go with her cause someone here said same happen to her too

[quote author=Pipereyo1 post=117265433][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
so were dey able to book same appointment to same DAY?? with theirs

Skylersun:
You have to schedule the baby's own appointment oh, my brother inlaw's family had this same issue, they called embassy to add baby to their appointment but they were told to go online and schedule the baby's appointment

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
please if u fine another solution let me know oo abeg

cause i booked our appointment too last year January before it was cancel and my new day is appointment day is coming soon
thanks

that is the delima i am now
I still put all in God Hands
Pipereyo1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (439) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: emmaodet, burgessdon(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.