Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (934860 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pipereyo1: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
pufframmy:
my own point totally different cause my wife was never pregnant as at when i booked our appointment last year janaury

after i have book flight to abuja since august for 250k so i should now cancel my flight with no refund paid visa fees since last year which i told them in my message that i cant use the visa fees to rebook cause it already over 1 year
it cant be reused to book another appointment

right now am just lockup, i dont even know what to do but am going to attend the interview
no matter what cause this have been planning for since last year.
if i knew this how it going to be, i wont have spend alot for this . (But All on God understanding, am not God )

they should be considering us

Bruh …. I think we both have same issues . My wife was also not pregnant when I booked appointment February last year . The available date I pick was march 8th of this 2022. She gave birth this January. And the rescheduled my appointment to October . So I had to wait for the baby to be 6month before getting her passport and buy the visa fee asap .one thing I want to understand does that mean the visa fee is useless after one year if you don’t go for interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pancakes: 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2022
Hi, I applied for Dropbox (for a B1/B2 visa renewal) in July and haven’t been able to get a date since.
Any ideas of how to get a date would be appreciated please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pancakes: 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Shiningstarz:
No dates till 2024, no more 2023 dates. Sad
You may have to use agent, wonder how they get dates

oh wow. Are you sure though? I’m asking for the Interview waiver process, not the one that requires an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xkunzo(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
you cant get visa interview waiver unless you had usa visa in the past
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pancakes: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
xkunzo:
you cant get visa interview waiver unless you had usa visa in the past
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by EXLOVER(m): 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2022
Is it advisable to get my DS-160 form via my GTBank app or i should just go directly to the banking hall, any difference?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mojolajesu(m): 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
ANybody here to help?

mojolajesu:
Hello All,

My sister and her husband wants to invite my parent to the US. their interview is in a month time.

Please do they ask for an invite letter from my sister? what are the likely questions they might be asked.

NB: my dad is over 70 and mum is close to 70 years.

What can I do to help their interview go smoothly. Any advice will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good day,

No need for invitation letter.

Hope Ur sister and her husband's her citizens? Or they have permanent residence (green card)?

If so, they should just familiarise with the answers they filled in their DS 160 and they should be good.

They should know when they travelled, how long they have been married, what's their children's (grandchildren) are, where they work etc.

With that they should be okay and their visas will be issued. They are going for a visit of some weeks I guess.

Goodluck

mojolajesu:
ANybody here to help?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HRprof: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
EXLOVER:
Is it advisable to get my DS-160 form via my GTBank app or i should just go directly to the banking hall, any difference?
Your question is not clear . Are you asking of Visa fee ? You can only pay visa fee through the bank not bank app.
Ds-160 form is filled online not at the bank or through the bank app

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NOBIAMAKA: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
mojolajesu:
Hello All,

My sister and her husband wants to invite my parent to the US. their interview is in a month time.

Please do they ask for an invite letter from my sister? what are the likely questions they might be asked.

NB: my dad is over 70 and mum is close to 70 years.

What can I do to help their interview go smoothly. Any advice will be appreciated.

I advise your sister send a copy of the invitation letter, even if the VO doesn't ask for it. From my mum's experience she was asked to provide the invitation letter and copy of my sisters US passport. So i advice they go to the embassy with supporting documents anything can happen.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchetobi(f): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hi, how long does it take to get your passport back after a successful interview or Dropbox in recent times!

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fulljoy4264: 2:50am On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning everyone.
Pls I have an issue. I'm applying for a visa to attend the funeral of a family member. My mum is the primary applicant. However the person who helped us fill the application forms didn't succeed in uploading my passport but said I shld attend the interview with 2 passports. My problem now is that the confirmation of appointment for the interview has stated that passports should be uploaded or i will have to reschedule. Pls what do I do. I don't waste my flight ticket to Abuja. Pls help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fulljoy4264: 2:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning everyone.
Pls I have an issue. I'm applying for a visa to attend the funeral of a family member. My mum is the primary applicant. However the person who helped us fill the application forms didn't succeed in uploading my passport but said I shld attend the interview with 2 passports. My problem now is that the confirmation of appointment for the interview has stated that passports should be uploaded or i will have to reschedule. Pls what do I do. I don't waste my flight ticket to Abuja. Pls help.
Pipereyo1:
@pufframmy

I just spoke with one of their representative now . I was told the same thing that I need to cancel the appointment and reschedule my self . It clearly means am not going to get either this year or next year appointment . Omo am really weak like this I don’t even know what else to do …

Pls how can I speak with a representative. Any contact pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2022
fulljoy4264:
Good morning everyone.
Pls I have an issue. I'm applying for a visa to attend the funeral of a family member.

Pls how can I speak with a representative. Any contact pls?

Check their website. The number is there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mobileflp: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
We got our visas! All Glory to God. A big thanks to everyone who was always dropping hints on getting dates and also their transcript. I originally applied early last Year and eventually got interview date of February this Year. Few days to our interview in february, they rescheduled to October. So we had our interview on the 7th October. I have been to the USA about five times but my husband has never travelled out of Nigeria

Interview time - 9:45am
Arrived - 7:30am
Venue - Lagos

It was one tall guy at the second window that attended to us.

Husband and I - Good morning
VO - Good morning
VO - Your Passports
Me- I gave him both
VO - I can see you have been to the USA a couple of times
Me - Yes please
VO -What were you doing when you travelled
Me-Vacation
VO- What do you do?
Me- Told him.
VO- Where exactly is your office?
Me- Told him
VO- How many branches do you have?
ME - Told him and I support all of them
VO- Who are you staying with at the US?
ME - My sister
VO- What does she do?
ME - She went for her masters about 3 years ago at XXXXX school and she currently works at the school.
VO- When did you guys get married?
ME- Told him
VO- Any kids?
Me - None
VO- I can see you travelled before you got married
ME- Yes
VO- Faced my husband. What do you do?
Hubby- Told him
VO- How much do you make?
Hubby- A profit of about XXXXX.
VO- But you wrote a salary that is less than 10% of what you mentioned
Me- Yes that is the salary he pays himself. the profit is different
VO- What kind of Bleep business delivers such huge profit
ME- He submits proposals to corporate organisations, different institutions, has top clients and has X number of branches with X number of employees
VO- So monthly, how much does he have in his account?
ME- Well between Bleep and Bleep
VO- He typed oooooo. Then he asked me. How much is your monthly salary?
ME- Told him
VO- When did you Sister get to the United States?
ME- I think about 3 or 4 years but I am not sure of the exact date
VO- He was just typing.....Can I see your marriage certificate
Me- Gave him.
Me -Also brought out a small album and asked if I could show him
VO- He said never mind
After a few seconds
VO - Gave me a white paper. Please pick up your passport between 3 and 5 working days

They actually denied a lot of people whether old or young so there is no formula. May God favour everyone.

13 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by akin2310(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2022
How can I get expedited appointment for this year at USA embassy ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Humblegentlebee: 8:11am On Oct 09, 2022
mobileflp:
We got our visas! All Glory to God. A big thanks to everyone who was always dropping hints on getting dates and also their transcript. I originally applied early last Year and eventually got interview date of February this Year. Few days to our interview in february, they rescheduled to October. So we had our interview on the 7th October. I have been to the USA about five times but my husband has never travelled out of Nigeria

Venue - Lagos

VO - Good morning
VO - Your Passports
Me- I gave him both
Me - Yes please
Me-Vacation
VO- What do you do?
Me- Told him.
Me- Told him
ME - My sister
VO- What does she do?
ME - She went for her masters about 3 years ago at XXXXX school and she currently works at the school.
ME- Told him
VO- Any kids?
Me - None
ME- Yes
Hubby- Told him
ME- He submits proposals to corporate organisations, different institutions, has top clients and has X number of branches with X number of employees
ME- Told him
Me- Gave him.
VO- He said never mind
After a few seconds
VO - Gave me a white paper. Please pick up your passport between 3 and 5 working days

They actually denied a lot of people whether old or young so there is no formula. May God favour everyone.

Wow congrats! you people were lucky oh, as in because your sister went on study visa and remained there after school, that sort of thing sounds like something they will use and deny someone. God just wanted to giv you guys visa. Hav a good trip!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by eniola1010(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Shannon70:

So much wrong here.

Your relative writing to the Embassy means nothing. At best it will be ignored, it will never be matched up to your DS160 or be relevant to the interview.

You cannot pay for an expedited appointment. The only thing you pay is the $160 MRV fee.

Hello. Please i need some basic explanations.
1) Why do people always say it is better to travel to another country and apply for a US visa from there.

Have been hearing on this thread that next interview date is 2024 which is insane.

Now, is it because people are applying from nigeria that makes the date so clogged and shifted so beyond?

If peoplw travelled to lets say the uk and apply from the uk, would it make interview date sooner than if one applied from Nigeria?

2) is it true that invitation letters are useless, as in are they completely useless, or they have a little bit of usefulness in helping your application?

3) would you be asked what countries you have visited in a ds160 form? Reason for asking is because I am planning to visit about 3 European countries to boost my passport and increase my chances of being approved a us visit visa.

But i need to know if having traveled to various european countries prior to applying for a us visit visa helps or not so i dont waste money on such voyages.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pancakes: 11:36am On Oct 09, 2022
Hi, please is anyone finding it difficult to get a date for Interview waiver appointment for B1/B2 visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 11:51am On Oct 09, 2022
1. No dates for appointment now. you need use a trusted agent to get a closer date
2. Nigeria or Elsewhere, there is no special treatment. Your visa decision is instant
3. Honestly. first timers are not advised to use Iv letters. Use Hotel Accommodation instead.
4. Sure, your Eu travel history will boost your Us visa decision, however , the VO decides.

I gave straight feedbacks because i felt the other inquiries were repeated. Trust this helps.
eniola1010:

Hello. Please i need some basic explanations.
1) Why do people always say it is better to travel to another country and apply for a US visa from there.

Have been hearing on this thread that next interview date is 2024 which is insane.

Now, is it because people are applying from nigeria that makes the date so clogged and shifted so beyond?

If peoplw travelled to lets say the uk and apply from the uk, would it make interview date sooner than if one applied from Nigeria?

2) is it true that invitation letters are useless, as in are they completely useless, or they have a little bit of usefulness in helping your application?

3) would you be asked what countries you have visited in a ds160 form? Reason for asking is because I am planning to visit about 3 European countries to boost my passport and increase my chances of being approved a us visit visa.

But i need to know if having traveled to various european countries prior to applying for a us visit visa helps or not so i dont waste money on such voyages.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:31pm On Oct 09, 2022
please i dont understand what you mean can you please try to ellaborate your question

upload you passport to were??
abi are you talking about you DS160 form

fulljoy4264:
Good morning everyone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
wow congratulation

mobileflp:

Venue - Lagos

VO - Good morning
VO - Your Passports
Me- I gave him both
Me - Yes please
Me-Vacation
VO- What do you do?
Me- Told him.
Me- Told him
ME - My sister
VO- What does she do?
ME- Told him
VO- Any kids?
Me - None
ME- Yes
Hubby- Told him
ME- Told him
Me- Gave him.
VO- He said never mind
After a few seconds

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nwauwa(m): 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
Pancakes:
Hi, please is anyone finding it difficult to get a date for Interview waiver appointment for B1/B2 visa?
Join the group on telegram

Lagos IW group https:///+AaPLUp1jP2liMTE0remove
Copy the link, paste it to your browser and remove the “remove” and hit the send button

Abuja IW group
https:///+STs9KZJRilE5ZTU0Remove

Copy the link, paste it to your browser and remove the “remove” and hit the send button

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by eniola1010(m): 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2022
Please can someone who is very versed in usa visitor visa educate us please.

1) does travelling to other countries give you an higher chance of having your usa visitor visa approved. What i mean is, if you have really explored other countries, those that give you an higher chance than someone who has not traveled to other countries?
Because on the ds160 form i cant see any where where it states you to list the countries you have traveled to.

So how exactly will the vo know that you have traveled to other countries before?

2) why do people keep saying it is easier for your usa visa application to be approved if you applied from another country outside nigeria.
People do say this a lot.
But judging by the thread i found out reverse is the case.

Both peope that applied from nigeria and people that went to uk to apply are having over 170days as next available appointment date.

What then is the essense of going to uk and applying from there?

Or am i missing something?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 6:26am On Oct 10, 2022
You can read through the thread you find quality response there besides i already fedback. what other personal experience do you want to know?
eniola1010:

1) does travelling to other countries give you an higher chance of having your usa visitor visa approved. What i mean is, if you have really explored other countries, those that give you an higher chance than someone who has not traveled to other countries?
Because on the ds160 form i cant see any where where it states you to list the countries you have traveled to.

So how exactly will the vo know that you have traveled to other countries before?

2) why do people keep saying it is easier for your usa visa application to be approved if you applied from another country outside nigeria.

Both peope that applied from nigeria and people that went to uk to apply are having over 170days as next available appointment date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arry110(m): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2022
eniola1010:

1. Having a travel history proves you have hometies, and MAY increase your chance of getting a visa

2. There’s a huge backlog in Nigeria, I applied early last month and the date I got was October 2024. You can apply for an emergency appointment if it’s urgent , which is what I did
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2022
there is oo, it stated list country you have been to in the past 5 years.
go through you DS160 form very well so u can get it right

eniola1010:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2022
Arry110:
Good day everyone
Me and my siblings have a ongoing immigrant visa application but we applied for a tourist visa to attend my Us citizen Mum’s funeral (we initially applied to visit her when she was sick but unfortunately she passed away 2 weeks ago) what documents do we need apart from the death certificate, and what informations do we need to know and also any idea of the kind of questions we’re going to be asked ?
This is time sensitive please and I’m looking forward to a response

Can I respond here.
The consulate is always not disposed to approving a non immigrant visa for an applicant with a pending immigrant application.
The reasons are it negates a condition of the non immigrant visa (are you certain you are coming back to Nigeria); you can squash the non immigrant visa while in the US and hide behind the pending immigrant application, if the non immigrant application is denied, you will already be on US soil and can use an immigration attorney to plead your case, the paper work for USCiS increases.
So they are more disposed to let the immigrant application run through and you use the final decision, which most time is an approval.

Concerning the loss of a parent (my condolences), I don’t know how or if there is a channel to request for a visit visa on compassionate ground. The expedited appointment option may be used, but I think it has its options stated therein.
Glad you have done this already.

Funerals in the US are done differently than Nigeria. It will cost a whole lot more to hold off the funeral until you guys get to travel, and the VOs have a mindset different from ours which plays a part in their decision. Funerals expenses will be included in your financial assessments.

You may write the consulate and state your grounds including the death certificate and funeral plans or situations maybe you’d get a feedback, but I am not certain about this.

There are no question format or framework for interviews. The immigration law requires consular officers to question you based solely on the information you provide. So your application or case is the basis for questions. That’s why people are always told to state the facts as is so you can respond naturally.

The backlog can’t be helped. It’s not only at the embassy in Nigeria. A couple of other countries are experiencing these backlogs too.

I don’t know about going to other countries to apply. Your constraints with time may not afford you this luxury, and the VO knows this too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Debbieeeeeee and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.