Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930300 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2022
Enishit:

Yes it’s normal u will receive a mail by tomorrow morning let say around 10am that it’s been approved to book a date. I got the same for 4 of us.

Please how do you apply for 4 ? It has been mandated that each applicant should submit IW applicantion individually. Yours advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
Infiosa:

Please how do you apply for 4 ? It has been mandated that each applicant should submit IW applicantion individually. Yours advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Good evening you will have to disassociate others from your profile then use another another mail to register every one.Each person with different email.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
Good Morning All, Please I need help My mother was approved today for IW but her DS160 is over 8 months . My question is does she need a new DS160 before booking Iw date . How do I go about it . at this point me I'm lost

Ojoboak:
Hello All,
Decided to share this here to help someone. Finished filling and submission of my DS160 June 23rd. Paid MRV June 24th and went on to book appointment but only saw dates in 2024 and no date for Interview Waiver which I qualified. Was checking the apointment portal regularly but was getting no appointment available IW. Then I read somewhere here that IW dates will be available from 1st November and so Iput in my calender to check on that date. It was a long wait from August or so. 1st November, I logged on still no date but it took me to click something that i guessed sent an email to them. 10th November(a Thursday), got an email that I should log into my appointment portal and book appointment. But two days only 14th and 15th November available. No other dates was available 2022 and even 2023. Booked 14th, which was a Monday for 12noon.
On the appointment day, I raised to Walter Carringhton and was waiting for my 12noon slot. 11:45am, I approached the security at Walter Carringthon and was scanned, and got through to a Long table. Then the next big news was released, "You are to do your submission at DHL Office, 75 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, they are waiting for you" Just picked my envelope and head up to Ikeja. Got there at the nick of time as it was almost 1pm and collection stops 1pm. Dropped it successfully and head back to base.
On 18th November," Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate" in my mailbox and was repeated on 20th. It was not clear to me and so I went to document pick up location. Behold my passport is back and -----------it was approved! Follow me Thank God ooo.
What is the learning here ; patience is key, decisions already made based on your DS160 among other things and lastly Baba God is involved.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 8:29pm On Dec 06, 2022
Enishit:

Good evening you will have to disassociate others from your profile then use another another mail to register every one.Each person with different email.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2022
can you help , Please I need help My mother was approved today for IW but her DS160 is over 8 months . My question is does she need a new DS160 before booking Iw date . How do I go about it . at this point me I'm lost

Infiosa:

Thanks for sharing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2022
HI , Please I need help My mother was approved today for IW but her DS160 is over 8 months . My question is does she need a new DS160 before booking Iw date . How do I go about it . at this point me I'm lost
Enishit:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2022
It's just her .

sofia21211:
HI , Please I need help My mother was approved today for IW but her DS160 is over 8 months . My question is does she need a new DS160 before booking Iw date . How do I go about it . at this point me I'm lost
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Diamondroyal: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2022
sofia21211:

Hello, could you please share the available date she got for the drop box.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2022
sofia21211:
I don’t know if this applies to IW but my mom had her interview on the 18th of November and I filled her DS-160 form since February. I didn’t fill another, visa was approved and no questions as to how long she had filled her form was raised.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 6:15am On Dec 07, 2022
Thank you
Ended up with a new DS-160 Application for her and got a date for IW . It was not funny LOL

Debbieeeeeee:

I don’t know if this applies to IW but my mom had her interview on the 18th of November and I filled her DS-160 form since February. I didn’t fill another, visa was approved and no questions as to how long she had filled her form was raised.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 6:25am On Dec 07, 2022
Thank you for your help . lol
Debbieeeeeee:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2022
THANK YOU ALL

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tamad101(f): 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
Good to see you filled another @sofia21211 because the instruction on the appointment confirmation is DS160 filled and submitted within 6 months

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
sofia21211:
Thank you
Ended up with a new DS-160 Application for her and got a date for IW . It was not funny LOL

Thanks for sharing. How long did it u to get a date for IW after the DS-160 ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2022
MummyHalo:

Hi, I got this response when I tried to book an IW appointment. I was hoping to see a calendar to choose a date. Please, is this normal?

Have you gotten date yet ? I got the same response since last week Friday and I'm yet to be contacted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 1:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Enishit:

For others who might not understand this is how it looks like but the appointment confirmation page must be presented at the Dhl drop off center which is either Ikeja or Isolo . No other place is allowed in lagos

So even if the date of appointment is in 2023, we need to go and submit the appointment and the passports immediately? Can we send through DHL or we need to appear physically?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MummyHalo(f): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Infiosa:

Have you gotten date yet ? I got the same response since last week Friday and I'm yet to be contacted.
Yes, I got a mail the next day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
ferpozie:

So even if the date of appointment is in 2023, we need to go and submit the appointment and the passports immediately? Can we send through DHL or we need to appear physically?

No, you will have to go on the appointment date with ur passport and expired visa. If you and your family have the same date one adult can go and submit on the said date.
But most especially you will go to the DHL office to drop your passport on your appointment date.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lolade2020: 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2022
Good evening house,
I have been searching for the page where hiring immigration lawyer was discussed on this thread.
Can someone help share the location of the page please. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deeteeneey(f): 1:51am On Dec 08, 2022
sofia21211:
Thank you

Please can you walk me through how to go about IW application. Trying to help my mum.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 1:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Sure how can I reach you ?

deeteeneey:

Please can you walk me through how to go about IW application. Trying to help my mum.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 3:41am On Dec 08, 2022
Enishit:

Yes it’s normal u will receive a mail by tomorrow morning let say around 10am that it’s been approved to book a date. I got the same for 4 of us.

Its more than 24 hours. I did not receive any mail. Tried the process again, and it brought 24 months questions instead of 48 monthsand information out, taking me to pick a date. I did not go ahead. Still waiting for the email. Hope the second attempt will not invalidate the first one, as I did not complete the 2nd attempt. I tried adding someone to my profile, but aid I as not eligible, so I will do the person's own separately. For the dipping off the passport, if I am outside Lagos, can I send it to the Isolo/Ikeja team by DHLor must I go physically? I have been calling their line to no avail. I need your advice on this. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 4:28am On Dec 08, 2022
uchetobi:

You can email support they will help you with the update
Please what is the email of support?
Thank You.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 4:40am On Dec 08, 2022
Ojoboak:
Hello All,
Decided to share this here to help someone. Finished filling and submission of my DS160 June 23rd. Paid MRV June 24th and went on to book appointment but only saw dates in 2024 and no date for Interview Waiver which I qualified. Was checking the apointment portal regularly but was getting no appointment available IW. Then I read somewhere here that IW dates will be available from 1st November and so Iput in my calender to check on that date. It was a long wait from August or so. 1st November, I logged on still no date but it took me to click something that i guessed sent an email to them. 10th November(a Thursday), got an email that I should log into my appointment portal and book appointment. But two days only 14th and 15th November available. No other dates was available 2022 and even 2023. Booked 14th, which was a Monday for 12noon.
On the appointment day, I raised to Walter Carringhton and was waiting for my 12noon slot. 11:45am, I approached the security at Walter Carringthon and was scanned, and got through to a Long table. Then the next big news was released, "You are to do your submission at DHL Office, 75 Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, they are waiting for you" Just picked my envelope and head up to Ikeja. Got there at the nick of time as it was almost 1pm and collection stops 1pm. Dropped it successfully and head back to base.
On 18th November," Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate" in my mailbox and was repeated on 20th. It was not clear to me and so I went to document pick up location. Behold my passport is back and -----------it was approved! Follow me Thank God ooo.
What is the learning here ; patience is key, decisions already made based on your DS160 among other things and lastly Baba God is involved.

Congratulations.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 4:51am On Dec 08, 2022
Enishit:

Thanks, I did mine, I think 3 am yesterday, but I have not received any email for the dropbox. I saw that I would receive a message if dropbox is approved. Is there an email I can reach to have support on this check for me? Their lines have not been going through yesterday alone. Can one person drop for multiple family members?
Thanks. I w I appreciate your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sofia21211: 6:10am On Dec 08, 2022
Just wait . I did for my mom and got the email 2 days later , my stepdad on Tuesday at about 6pm my time . woke up Wednesday around 7am and got the email .
ferpozie:

Thanks, I did mine, I think 3 am yesterday, but I have not received any email for the dropbox. I saw that I would receive a message if dropbox is approved. Is there an email I can reach to have support on this check for me? Their lines have not been going through yesterday alone. Can one person drop for multiple family members?
Thanks. I w I appreciate your response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deeteeneey(f): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2022
sofia21211:
Sure how can I reach you ?

I have sent you an email. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Petman18: 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
Good morning Bosses, please how much will it cost to get a intl passport, and what are the documents I will need
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
ferpozie:

It’s more than 24 hours. I did not receive any mail. Tried the process again, and it brought 24 months questions instead of 48 monthsand information out, taking me to pick a date. I did not go ahead. Still waiting for the email. Hope the second attempt will not invalidate the first one, as I did not complete the 2nd attempt. I tried adding someone to my profile, but aid I as not eligible, so I will do the person's own separately. For the dipping off the passport, if I am outside Lagos, can I send it to the Isolo/Ikeja team by DHLor must I go physically? I have been calling their line to no avail. I need your advice on this. Thanks.
I think you should call the contact centre to help you out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
ferpozie:

Its more than 24 hours. I did not receive any mail. Tried the process again, and it brought 24 months questions instead of 48 monthsand information out, taking me to pick a date. I did not go ahead. Still waiting for the email. Hope the second attempt will not invalidate the first one, as I did not complete the 2nd attempt. I tried adding someone to my profile, but aid I as not eligible, so I will do the person's own separately. For the dipping off the passport, if I am outside Lagos, can I send it to the Isolo/Ikeja team by DHLor must I go physically? I have been calling their line to no avail. I need your advice on this. Thanks.

I am going through similar experience as I have been waiting on their response email since last week. However I did for my wife on a separate email and she got a response to pick a date in less than 4 hours. I'm suggesting you should use a new different email. It appears old emails with many applicants linked to it in the past are having issues.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MakingItFair: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Infiosa:

I am going through similar experience as I have been waiting on their response email since last week. However I did for my wife on a separate email and she got a response to pick a date in less than 4 hours. I'm suggesting you should use a new different email. It appears old emails with many applicants linked to it in the past are having issues.

I don't believe the email is the trouble. Rather, for IW the website states: Are any dependents associated with your profile? Please note, to schedule an interview waiver appointment, you will need to dissociate all dependents from your profile Persons with dependents appear to be rejected.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
justwise:
@All

I just think i should drop this here hope it helps those looking for an appointment

It appears that Abuja is opening a small number of dropbox opportunities every day. Just to note, from the way they seem to be managing their appointments, it appears that everyone has an equal chance to obtain an appointment whether they use a visa agent or not. In short I would encourage you to save your money and to make your own appointment without using an agent if you qualify for Abuja's interview waiver.

Just to add to the above post...

when applying for Interview Waiver (dropbox), dissociate all dependents from your profile first, it has to be one applicant per request. The new system gives everyone an equal chance to get an appointment, whether they use a visa agent or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.