Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (925857 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2022
MakingItFair:

I don't believe the email is the trouble. Rather, for IW the website states: Are any dependents associated with your profile? Please note, to schedule an interview waiver appointment, you will need to dissociate all dependents from your profile Persons with dependents appear to be rejected.

Of course, I didn't associate any dependants while scheduling the IW appointment except if it has anything to do with the appointment history on my profile which I don't think it should be a problem. Though while scheduling, it was stated that it might take a maximum of 10 business days to get back with the feedback.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MakingItFair: 12:34am On Dec 09, 2022
Infiosa:

Of course, I didn't associate any dependants while scheduling the IW appointment except if it has anything to do with the appointment history on my profile which I don't think it should be a problem. Though while scheduling, it was stated that it might take a maximum of 10 business days to get back with the feedback.

Yes but do you have dependents still associated from a previous application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2022
Lolade2020:
Good evening house,
I have been searching for the page where hiring immigration lawyer was discussed on this thread.
Can someone help share the location of the page please. Thank you.

Check the US immigration page.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seanj1: 3:33am On Dec 09, 2022
MakingItFair:

How does someone dissociate dependents - there is no option on the webpage for this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NOBIAMAKA: 4:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
seanj1:

How does someone dissociate dependents - there is no option on the webpage for this.

Good, this is the exact questions l asked for a family of 4 but l decided to go ahead with the interview before l make mistake. I pray it favours me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
seanj1:

When scheduling a new IW appointment, you will be asked to add dependents then go to the next page without adding a dependent...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Infiosa: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
MakingItFair:

My previous applications had long been treated and closed... this is a new application in which no dependent was associated. In fact, the part where MRV was to be added was just mine only. Except if you were referring to the appointment history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2022
Enishit:

No, you will have to go on the appointment date with ur passport and expired visa. If you and your family have the same date one adult can go and submit on the said date.
But most especially you will go to the DHL office to drop off your passport on your appointment date.

Thanks a lot for this. So we wait for the email showing the appointment date and go to DHL in Lagos. Got an email saying approved to schedule appoint. How is the appointment scheduled, and how can one get closer dates to go to DHL? After scheduling, guess one will have emails then instantly, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 10:27pm On Dec 09, 2022
ferpozie:

Thanks a lot for this. So we wait for the email showing the appointment date and go to DHL in Lagos. Got an email saying approved to schedule appoint. How is the appointment scheduled, and how can one get closer dates to go to DHL? After scheduling, guess one will have emails then instantly, right?
You will log into your account then continue am not sure u can get a nearer date I just did for someone tonite the earliest is May 3. I guess there are loads of demands and note if u book the appointment you can not change the dates again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ferpozie(m): 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
Enishit:

You will log into your account then continue am not sure u can get a nearer date I just did for someone tonite the earliest is May 3. I guess there are loads of demands and note if u book the appointment you can not change the dates again.
Ok, so just to log in, click continue and follow, the prompt. Do you get an email immediately after the appointment letter? Is it likely for family members doing separately to get the same date? What if the date s after the planned date of the visit, must one visit that place, or can one visit another place? Sent you a DM on nairaland. Please share your number there. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by specialenvoy: 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2022
Good Evening Everyone, Please a friend has just submitted a visit visa renewal using the drop box option.

The person has been given date and time to drop the documents at DHL office,

Will the person have to drop it physically or can send it via post to the drop off location?

Anyone with this information should please help

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ojoboak(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2022
The person will physically drop the passport at the DHL office at the given date and time.
specialenvoy:
Good Evening Everyone, Please a friend has just submitted a visit visa renewal using the drop box option.

The person has been given date and time to drop the documents at DHL office,

Will the person have to drop it physically or can send it via post to the drop off location?

Anyone with this information should please help

Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seunt4ut(m): 10:08am On Dec 10, 2022
Humblegentlebee:

Wow congrats! you people were lucky oh, as in because your sister went on study visa and remained there after school, that sort of thing sounds like something they will use and deny someone. God just wanted to giv you guys visa. Hav a good trip!

Hhhh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seunt4ut(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2022
mobileflp:
We got our visas! All Glory to God. A big thanks to everyone who was always dropping hints on getting dates and also their transcript. I originally applied early last Year and eventually got interview date of February this Year. Few days to our interview in february, they rescheduled to October. So we had our interview on the 7th October. I have been to the USA about five times but my husband has never travelled out of Nigeria

Interview time - 9:45am
Arrived - 7:30am
Venue - Lagos

It was one tall guy at the second window that attended to us.

Husband and I - Good morning
VO - Good morning
VO - Your Passports
Me- I gave him both
VO - I can see you have been to the USA a couple of times
Me - Yes please
VO -What were you doing when you travelled
Me-Vacation
VO- What do you do?
Me- Told him.
VO- Where exactly is your office?
Me- Told him
VO- How many branches do you have?
ME - Told him and I support all of them
VO- Who are you staying with at the US?
ME - My sister
VO- What does she do?
ME - She went for her masters about 3 years ago at XXXXX school and she currently works at the school.
VO- When did you guys get married?
ME- Told him
VO- Any kids?
Me - None
VO- I can see you travelled before you got married
ME- Yes
VO- Faced my husband. What do you do?
Hubby- Told him
VO- How much do you make?
Hubby- A profit of about XXXXX.
VO- But you wrote a salary that is less than 10% of what you mentioned
Me- Yes that is the salary he pays himself. the profit is different
VO- What kind of Bleep business delivers such huge profit
ME- He submits proposals to corporate organisations, different institutions, has top clients and has X number of branches with X number of employees
VO- So monthly, how much does he have in his account?
ME- Well between Bleep and Bleep
VO- He typed oooooo. Then he asked me. How much is your monthly salary?
ME- Told him
VO- When did you Sister get to the United States?
ME- I think about 3 or 4 years but I am not sure of the exact date
VO- He was just typing.....Can I see your marriage certificate
Me- Gave him.
Me -Also brought out a small album and asked if I could show him
VO- He said never mind
After a few seconds
VO - Gave me a white paper. Please pick up your passport between 3 and 5 working days

They actually denied a lot of people whether old or young so there is no formula. May God favour everyone.

That white tall guy doesn’t take shit or gives room to be beaten. Infact he does supervise his colleagues work in btwn the interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by specialenvoy: 11:32am On Dec 10, 2022
Thanks, what if the person is unable to go physically? can the date of the appointment be changed or what can be done?

Ojoboak:
The person will physically drop the passport at the DHL office at the given date and time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Excellence100(m): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Please can I still complete my DS-160 form even after 30 days of opening it?

Or will my visa application fee go to waste if I fail to finish up my DS-160 form after 30 days?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2022
specialenvoy:
Thanks, what if the person is unable to go physically? can the date of the appointment be changed or what can be done?

As far as I know you have to submit physically except you are submitting on behalf of minors.
Once booked u can't change.
So let me give you a scenario my friend passport is still with British Embassy even though she got a successful letter on the 18th of November but yet to receive her passport as at now,so she sent a mail out to the US embassy and was told that she have to wait for the date of her appointment to pass and that will be a case of no show and her receipt will be release automatically after 48 hours which then she can book the appointment again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2022
[quote author=ferpozie post=119037349]
Ok, so just to log in, click continue and follow, the prompt. Do you get an email immediately after the appointment letter? Is it likely for family members doing separately to get the same date? What if the date s after the planned date of the visit, must one visit that place, or can one visit another place? Sent you a DM on nairaland. Please share your number there. Thanks.
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2022
ferpozie:

Yes but each individual with their profile so I think the two of you should be on the system together so you can get same date. I was able to get same date for one of my children but u have to do it simultaneously.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seanj1: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
Hello, does anyone have experience applying for the dropbox at the Abj location? How soon did you get your email to choose a date after the prompt of “we are received your request” in cgfi portal.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deeteeneey(f): 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2022
Good evening,

I am trying to assist my mum with the visa renewal via dropbox and I'm lost.
Her previous visa expired September 2019. In February of 2022, she submitted a new application and interview date is October 2023.
Where the confusion lies;
1. Does she need to pay another visa fee (payment for current application was done November 2021)
2. Does she need to cancel the previous application (DS-160 and all)

I have read the pages back but could not find answers to my question, I would be grateful if someone could answer or point me to the right page to read up.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 6:49am On Dec 11, 2022
deeteeneey:
Good evening,

I am trying to assist my mum with the visa renewal via dropbox and I'm lost.
Her previous visa expired September 2019. In February of 2022, she submitted a new application and interview date is October 2023.
Where the confusion lies;
1. Does she need to pay another visa fee (payment for current application was done November 2021)
2. Does she need to cancel the previous application (DS-160 and all)

I have read the pages back but could not find answers to my question, I would be grateful if someone could answer or point me to the right page to read up.

Thank you
Hello no she does not need to fill another form since it's submitted already and doesn't need to pay.
So what you need to do is to cancel the October appointment and go ahead and book for the IW.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stell12: 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Good day all. Any news on the Abuja Consulate Opening?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deeteeneey(f): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2022
Enishit:

Hello no she does not need to fill another form since it's submitted already and doesn't need to pay.
So what you need to do is to cancel the October appointment and go ahead and book for the IW.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by specialenvoy: 5:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
Thank you for the clarification

Enishit:

As far as I know you have to submit physically except you are submitting on behalf of minors.
Once booked u can't change.
So let me give you a scenario my friend passport is still with British Embassy even though she got a successful letter on the 18th of November but yet to receive her passport as at now,so she sent a mail out to the US embassy and was told that she have to wait for the date of her appointment to pass and that will be a case of no show and her receipt will be release automatically after 48 hours which then she can book the appointment again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Graceee: 8:10pm On Dec 11, 2022
please house i am finding difficult to open a ds 160
It kept taking me to the intial page when after I select Nigeria abuja and lagos

Please how would i deal with this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
Newbiein2016:
Yes. It was extended to cover 48months so even if your last visa expired around Dec 2018, you should be eligible.

However do note that you must have paid your visa fees by May 2022 to enjoy the interview waiver service.

A few people have opined that they were able to get dates and confirmation even with MRV receipts made after this time so feel free to confirm this when you're scheduling your date.

I paid my visa fees on 25th Nov, got Dropbox submission date first week in December and visa issued within a week of submission.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
AliasFavour:

I’ve done that it’s still same issue. I can even get passed the first page to select location. I choose Lagos Nigeria and it reloads and kicks me out. Sometimes it just doesn’t bring the list of countries/locations for me to choose from so I’m stuck.

It’s been same way since last night.�

delete cookies or use another browser.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seanj1: 4:59am On Dec 12, 2022
I just got an email to schedule my drop-off appointment at the Abuja consulate. My question is can someone submit my passport on my behalf?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 6:28am On Dec 12, 2022
NO ...only for minors or one of the applicants if it's a family application

seanj1:
I just got an email to schedule my drop-off appointment at the Abuja consulate. My question is can someone submit my passport on my behalf?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Newbiein2016: 8:00am On Dec 12, 2022
Good to note that the rules have been further relaxed. As stated in my original post, folks had been able to bypass the May MRV requirement.

seyewest:

I paid my visa fees on 25th Nov, got Dropbox submission date first week in December and visa issued within a week of submission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Iderasokoya(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.