Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930201 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
aestake:

Hello, when is the possible interview date one can get for B1/B2? I learnt it opens from January 2024.
I don’t have an idea.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aestake: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

I don’t have an idea.
Okay, thank you. People, abegi, are close interview dates available for B1/B2?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2022
aestake:

Okay, thank you. People, abegi, are close interview dates available for B1/B2?
you just have to keep checking... When i did mine, i got nov 24th, i later rescheduled to nov 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aestake: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
tonexman18:
you just have to keep checking... When i did mine, i got nov 24th, i later rescheduled to nov 2023
Nov 24, 2022 initially?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tonexman18(m): 9:45pm On Dec 18, 2022
aestake:

Nov 24, 2022 initially?
nov 24, 2024

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aestake: 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
tonexman18:
nov 24, 2024
Okay. Good one, and all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by borryworld: 11:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Did you include your receipts in the drop box application
Rikkytokunbo:
I second your opinion.

Uh oh… why don’t you just try IW, if they need you to appear, then they’ll invite you. Idk.. I had a baby in U.S 2019, yet I got an IW approval without interview.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babylawyr(f): 9:49am On Dec 19, 2022
Hi All,
Just thought to share my IW renewal timelines:

So, i submitted passport for renewal on Nov 18, 2022
Visa Issued: Dec 12, 2022

Documents summitted:
1. 2 international passports (old with last visa and new one).
2. DS 160 confirmation page.
3. Passport photo.

Also, go with your 1. Appointment confirmation printed out and 2. gtb receipt of payment (optional).

Good luck.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tayo4me(f): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2022
Good morning,

Please did you receive an email to let you know passport was ready for collection or you tracked online?

babylawyr:
Hi All,

Documents summitted:
3. Passport photo.

Also, go with your 1. Appointment confirmation printed out and 2. gtb receipt of payment (optional).

Good luck.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iamfavored: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
babylawyr:
Hi All,

Documents summitted:
3. Passport photo.

Good luck.

Congratulations!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babylawyr(f): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
tayo4me:
Good morning,

Please did you receive an email to let you know passport was ready for collection or you tracked online?

Hi tayo4me,

Yes i received an email.

thanks,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iamfavored: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
ozymes:
Yes. I just collected my passport with the Visa now @ Abuja. Collection location has changed to Hafsat Plaza, Beside Churchgate building.
Congratulations!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thegratefulone: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
babylawyr:

Hi tayo4me,

Yes i received an email.

thanks,

great. new poster here.

Can anyone help with this..... my old (expired) passport number was on the CGI profile but the new passport number is on the MRV fee receipt and DS -160 application. I had already gotten an interview IW date before I realised the error. I have sent an email requesting to create a new profile. Is that the right course of action?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mobil567: 12:18am On Dec 20, 2022
Some of you guys make things hard for
Yourself unnecessarily. Because tell my why you’re applying for schengen visa through Luxembourg that’s not among even top 10 places to visit in Europe. It’s not routine place for tourist, most especially Africans. How do you want to explain to them that you’re only going there for tourism? Something you will follow others and apply to France or Spain that dishes out visa often… then travel to all these places you have mentioned. Goodluck anyway.
ghettonews:

@Seyewest your advice is very great am already applying to Luxembourg tourist visa to build travel history, thank you very much. I would be visiting Luxembourg, Netherlands and France and by so doing will make my application strong, thanks for advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Funiam: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2022
No ish on this.On your appointment date, go to the submission center with your 2 passports, old and new.

thegratefulone:

great. new poster here.

Can anyone help with this..... my old (expired) passport number was on the CGI profile but the new passport number is on the MRV fee receipt and DS -160 application. I had already gotten an interview IW date before I realised the error. I have sent an email requesting to create a new profile. Is that the right course of action?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Talisha2018(f): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Hello house , please I need your urgent advice.

I qualify for the IW and I've cancelled my previous Interview appointment in order to be able to book the IW.

I also disassociated my dependant from my profile and I've been able to book an appointment (IW) for them.

But mine hasn't been approved since Nov 30th. I've sent series of mail to them thru the feedback option and I keep getting same response that once it's approved I'll get a mail.

And getting across to them thru phone call isn't going at all. I'm lost and cofused.

I'd appreciate any advice on what to do please .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dronequeen: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
Visa alert. Let me share my story in the spirit of giving back. I applied with my daughter
First time applying to the US
we applied for a visa at the beginning of 2022 and got a date in 2023. We initially wanted to go on summer vacation, but had to change our plans and applied to the UK, got our visa, went on vacation and came back.

Before we went to the uk, dates got freed up due to the interview waiver and we got a date for late 2022. I did all the booking by myself, with no agent and God by my side.

A month to the interview date, we filled a new DS 160 form, snapped new photographs, and updated it on my appointment page, i had difficulty filling the form, it just kept logging me out and i also had difficulty adding the newly completed DS160 form for my daughter, i had to call the embassy and they helped me to update it. A few weeks to the interview date, our appointment was moved but thank God the change in date was for just about a week.

I printed our confirmation pages, hard copies of our passport photographs and our payment receipt. Our appointment was supposed to be for 11.00am but we got to Walter carrington at about 6.30am, joined the queue, we had to drop our bags, phones in the car, no smart watches allowed, no sharp objects, no keys.

After about an hour on the queue we were ushered into the interview building, I did my biometrics and joined the queue for the interview. Blue papers were just flying about. All through only one white paper and the man is a frequent traveler.

I stayed on the queue and was directed to the 4th window, a woman.
She asked for my name, asked for my occupation, asked why I am traveling to the US and the duration of my visit. Asked where I would be staying, I had booked hotel reservations and she asked why I would be visiting the US, I told her my daughter has been dreaming about visiting all the fun places . She asked for my husband's occupation and why he is not traveling with us. Also asked for places we have been together. Asked if I have family in the US

She typed for long, she spent a lot of time typing, we were probably there for the duration for three sets of interview session. She finally said she would place us on AP and returned our passports to us gave us a white slip that ticked that we didn't need to provide any documents and then the wait began. I felt really bad because i thought it would end in a refusal, ans also because my only purpose in the US is tourism, i dont have any intentions of overstaying.

When I tracked the application it showed refused and some things about AP, after 2 working days we were called to drop our passports. After 6 working days it changed to approved , after 2 working days it changed to issued and the next working day we were contacted to pick up our passports.

I wish to thank all the wonderful people on this platform for sharing their experiences, it sure goes a long way. Note that no document was requested from me. All the documents I took along was not requested for

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Talisha2018(f): 2:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
Congratulations �

Dronequeen:
Visa alert. Let me share my story in the spirit of giving back. I applied with my daughter
we applied for a visa at the beginning of 2022 and got a date in 2023. We initially wanted to go on summer vacation, but had to change our plans and applied to the UK, got our visa, went on vacation and came back.

Before we went to the uk, dates got freed up due to the interview waiver and we got a date for late 2022. I did all the booking by myself, with no agent and God by my side.

A month to the interview date, we filled a new DS 160 form, snapped new photographs, and updated it on my appointment page, i had difficulty filling the form, it just kept logging me out and i also had difficulty adding the newly completed DS160 form for my daughter, i had to call the embassy and they helped me to update it. A few weeks to the interview date, our appointment was moved but thank God the change in date was for just about a week.

I printed our confirmation pages, hard copies of our passport photographs and our payment receipt. Our appointment was supposed to be for 11.00am but we got to Walter carrington at about 6.30am, joined the queue, we had to drop our bags, phones in the car, no smart watches allowed, no sharp objects, no keys.

After about an hour on the queue we were ushered into the interview building, I did my biometrics and joined the queue for the interview. Blue papers were just flying about. All through only one white paper and the man is a frequent traveler.

She asked for my name, asked for my occupation, asked why I am traveling to the US and the duration of my visit. Asked where I would be staying, I had booked hotel reservations and she asked why I would be visiting the US, I told her my daughter has been dreaming about visiting all the fun places . She asked for my husband's occupation and why he is not traveling with us. Also asked for places we have been together. Asked if I have family in the US

She typed for long, she spent a lot of time typing, we were probably there for the duration for three sets of interview session. She finally said she would place us on AP and returned our passports to us gave us a white slip that ticked that we didn't need to provide any documents and then the wait began. I felt really bad because i thought it would end in a refusal, ans also because my only purpose in the US is tourism, i dont have any intentions of overstaying.

When I tracked the application it showed refused and some things about AP, after 2 working days we were called to drop our passports. After 6 working days it changed to approved , after 2 working days it changed to issued and the next working day we were contacted to pick up our passports.

I wish to thank all the wonderful people on this platform for sharing their experiences, it sure goes a long way. Note that no document was requested from me. All the documents I took along was not requested for
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
congratulation ma,

USA one of the Game of Luck Visa Embassy in Nigeria..
Dronequeen:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
neni83:
She however overstayed during Covid year-2020 because there were no flights as all flights were cancelled, I stated that when I was filling her DS160.
Could that be the reason they said she doesn’t qualify for IW
Please could seniors advise?
Thank you

Did you send message to the U.S embassy or State Department about overstaying due to Covid-19
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
ghettonews:

@Seyewest your advice is very great am already applying to Luxembourg tourist visa to build travel history, thank you very much. I would be visiting Luxembourg, Netherlands and France and by so doing will make my application strong, thanks for advice
You've made the right decision, if your application to those EU countries were successful, I'll advise you applied for Japanese visa as well...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
babylawyr:
Hi All,

Documents summitted:
3. Passport photo.

Good luck.

mine was submitted on friday 2nd december and came out the next friday 9th December.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Mobil567:
Some of you guys make things hard for
Yourself unnecessarily. Because tell my why you’re applying for schengen visa through Luxembourg that’s not among even top 10 places to visit in Europe. It’s not routine place for tourist, most especially Africans. How do you want to explain to them that you’re only going there for tourism? Something you will follow others and apply to France or Spain that dishes out visa often… then travel to all these places you have mentioned. Goodluck anyway.

Who told you Luxembourg is not a tourist destination and also do you even know financial and social status? he should go ahead with his plan if he has nothing to hide.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
Dronequeen:

A big congrats

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by neni83: 7:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
seyewest:

Did you send message to the U.S embassy or State Department about overstaying due to Covid-19

No, just when I was filling her DS 160 form
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2022
neni83:

No, just when I was filling her DS 160 form

It's always good to inform them of any situation in case of next time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Magma012: 8:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask for those that have gone for conference in the USA.

can I apply for a conference in texas and land at LA airport?

is this a red flag at POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mobil567: 9:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
Oyibo no send that “do you know who I am reasoning”. Call a spade a spade, Luxembourg is not a top tourist destination for most Schengen applicants. You have to be strategic in doing applications if you have no travel history. He could easily get the visa from france instead. But as I said earlier, Goodluc!
seyewest:

Who told you Luxembourg is not a tourist destination and also do you even know financial and social status? he should go ahead with his plan if he has nothing to hide.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Magma012: 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
Magma012:
Hi Everyone,

I want to ask for those that have gone for conference in the USA.

can I apply for a conference in texas and land at LA airport?

is this a red flag at POE?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Baby1010: 9:14pm On Dec 20, 2022
Baby1010:
Good evening all. Please I need help with the search date link. WhatsApp or telegram . Help please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by thegratefulone: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Funiam:
No ish on this.On your appointment date, go to the submission center with your 2 passports, old and new.

Thank you for your reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Bidemi219 and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68