Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935568 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
Congrats
Beelaye:
Just picked up my own visa. Got 5 years as well( hubby got 5 years earlier this month). So now waiting for dates to take my children for fingerprinting. I beg let them release dates o. Been checking since 1st of March.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Wow congratulations
crownedprinz:
I just picked my visa as well as my mom, elder brother and fiancee's visa. we all got 5 years

This was our transcripts for Abuja
Fresh Application

NB: we went as a family in order to attend my immediate elder brother's wedding

Consular: Good morning all, can I have your passports please
Me: gave him the 4 passports
Consular : How are you all related
Me : She's my mother, the other is my elder brother and the lady beside me is my fiancee
Consular: What are you going to the US for
Me: we are all going to attend the wedding of my immediate elder brother
Consular: Where is it happening
Me: Texas
Consular: Do you all have a travel history
Me : Yes dubai
Consular : Together
Me : Yes
Consular: what do you do
Me : blah blah blah blah blah
Consular: Turns to my elder brother and asks what he does
My elder brother : blah blah blah blah blah
Consular: Turns to my fiancee and ask what she does
My fiancee : A student and owns a business
Consular: Turns to my mom and ask what she does
Mother : A Clergy woman and owns her church and a school
Consular: Turns to my fiancee again and asks what she plans to do after she graduates
Fiancee: Continue with her businesss
Consular: Turns to me and asks how long we are spending
Me : 2 weeks
Consular: But I can see you stated 1 month in your application
Me: Yes we did but change of plans, we all have things to do and we have to return after 2 weeks
Consular: starts typing for about one minute and then says you guys are good to go.
Handed us the white paper and then we left

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Congrats
ciwi:
I have picked up mine

Dropped with Dhl March 6th, got a mail yesterday and picked up today. 5 years

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dantajay: 4:33am On Mar 22, 2023
Good day house.
Sorry to bother the house,
Please i just want to find out if there is a way out, I was trying to pay for US Visa fee for my wife and son, on GTB world, so after filling the information, instead of inputting my wife's date of birth, I went to put the expiry date on her passport, in place of her date of birth and before I could say jack, it has already been submitted. My question is

1. Will it affect the application process.

2. Will it render that her perticuler fee useless.

3. Is there a way head office (GTB) can help me correct the mistake.

4. Should i pay for another visa fee for her.

Your quick responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrsnoname: 4:33am On Mar 22, 2023
Hi everyone, I have a question. I’m in uk and I am applying for a business visa (job related ) to go to USA for a conference which takes me 100 days. However, I am skeptical of putting 100 days as days I will spend in the USA in my ds-160. I’m thinking of just doing 2 weeks or 3 weeks. Has anyone been in a situation like this. What’s the best option, include 100 days? Would it be a problem to VO. Or should I just do 2 weeks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by FK2022: 5:52am On Mar 22, 2023
It’s been over 48hrs since I paid and I am yet to get any mail for interview date.
Who has any information that can help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akinloyefemi(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2023
Morning house please I apply for B1B2 last year and my interview is this year please did I need to refill my DS 160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segsdynamic: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2023
Akinloyefemi:
Morning house please I apply for B1B2 last year and my interview is this year please did I need to refill my DS 160 form?

Yes you need to fill a new DS160 firm as the previous is over 6 month... Just update the new DS160 form on ur profile

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Akinloyefemi(m): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2023
Akinloyefemi:
Morning house please I apply for B1B2 last year and my interview is this year please did I need to refill another DS 160 form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fixed: 10:34am On Mar 22, 2023
dantajay:
Good day house.
Sorry to bother the house,
Please i just want to find out if there is a way out, I was trying to pay for US Visa fee for my wife and son, on GTB world, so after filling the information, instead of inputting my wife's date of birth, I went to put the expiry date on her passport, in place of her date of birth and before I could say jack, it has already been submitted. My question is

1. Will it affect the application process.

2. Will it render that her perticuler fee useless.

3. Is there a way head office (GTB) can help me correct the mistake.

4. Should i pay for another visa fee for her.

Your quick responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Please visit GTB closest to you. They made a similar mistake on one of my kids payment. The teller told me they will send a mail but I actually cannot say to who the mail was sent. I went back to collect the receipt at close of business after the teller called me to say they have effected the correction. Though I paid in the banking hall unlike yours.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fixed: 10:45am On Mar 22, 2023
mrsnoname:
Hi everyone, I have a question. I’m in uk and I am applying for a business visa (job related ) to go to USA for a conference which takes me 100 days. However, I am skeptical of putting 100 days as days I will spend in the USA in my ds-160. I’m thinking of just doing 2 weeks or 3 weeks. Has anyone been in a situation like this. What’s the best option, include 100 days? Would it be a problem to VO. Or should I just do 2 weeks.

From experience, it is the border officer at the airport that determines how long you will be allowed to stay in the US. For my last visit, I was given 5 months at the border meanwhile i needed just 3 weeks for vacation.
So if you have a document that details the schedule for the training, I suggest you provide a full disclosure based on what is stated there and also provide the document during your interview. But I must add that there will be need to update your application with new dates of the training when the time comes. Right now dates are no longer available at any location for in-person visa interview until like middle of next year 2024.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fixed: 10:50am On Mar 22, 2023
[quote author=Akinloyefemi post=121966827][/quote]
Yes! Please remember to update your appointment profile with the new application number. If you got a new passport since then you also need to update these info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2023
aaidel:

same even for lagos i guess they are not giving out dates yet

Any follow up schedule dates for Lagos yet??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 11:31am On Mar 22, 2023
Beelaye:

Any follow up schedule dates for Lagos yet??

not yet i am hearing that some agents can get dates not sure if true
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2023
He’s in the uk . There is date for this early . Currently in June
Fixed:

From experience, it is the border officer at the airport that determines how long you will be allowed to stay in the US. For my last visit, I was given 5 months at the border meanwhile i needed just 3 weeks for vacation.
So if you have a document that details the schedule for the training, I suggest you provide a full disclosure based on what is stated there and also provide the document during your interview. But I must add that there will be need to update your application with new dates of the training when the time comes. Right now dates are no longer available at any location for in-person visa interview until like middle of next year 2024.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segsdynamic: 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
Pls house I have a question
My B1 visa interview is coming up next month I paid for my MRV fees with the previous passport number and I just renew my passport...
1. Did I need to update the new passport number on my profile?
2. Can I use the old passport number or the new passport number to fill the new DS160 form?
3. Will my invitation letter for the conference bears the new passport or old passport number?
Awaiting your advice and comment pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayabemm16: 2:45pm On Mar 22, 2023
ciwi:
I have picked up mine

Dropped with Dhl March 6th, got a mail yesterday and picked up today. 5 years

Congratulations. Please how long after approved do we see issued?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by agriclyf: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hi guys, I have been rejected twice via interview since my last visa expired even though I didn’t overstay any of my visits.
With this new update, my visa expiration now falls within 48 months. Considering I’ve gotten refusals in those interviews, do I still qualify for Dropbox? Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fixed: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2023
meljoe:
He’s in the uk . There is date for this early . Currently in June

I missed that. He should be fine then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Congratsss: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2023
radial.com

Please the above sit claim they help people to get job outside with free visa, accommodation and feeding, I want to know how genuine they are
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2023
You dont Qualify.
agriclyf:
Hi guys, I have been rejected twice via interview since my last visa expired even though I didn’t overstay any of my visits.
With this new update, my visa expiration now falls within 48 months. Considering I’ve gotten refusals in those interviews, do I still qualify for Dropbox? Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciwi: 6:52pm On Mar 22, 2023
ayabemm16:

Congratulations. Please how long after approved do we see issued?

Like 2-3 days

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bbclue(f): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
Tracking of my visa progress

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GFavor: 9:41pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hello house, please my IW status moved from APPLICATION RECEIVED to NO STATUS.
Should I be worried about it. I submitted since March 3rd.

I was like 15days outside the 48mths but someone said I should just try. Can this be the reason. I have never been denied visa, I have travelled twice & did not overstay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hayzee545(m): 6:23am On Mar 23, 2023
Hello house, I am master student in Czech Republic.I plan to attend an IEEE conference in California in June this years Unfortunately, I got refusal at the US embassy in Prague, Czech Republic on the basis of not having tie in Czech Republic. I am confused because I am a student in the middle of my studies and would obviously return back to continue studying.
My question is what do you advise me to do at this point, should I reapply ? ..if yes what should I do to make my application stronger?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mercyaakan: 10:08am On Mar 23, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if the Abuja embassy is now open for non-immigrant visa appointments?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 11:44am On Mar 23, 2023
mercyaakan:
Hi, does anyone know if the Abuja embassy is now open for non-immigrant visa appointments?

Yes it is.
Sorry I’m modifying this. I asked someone I met there and they said they were there for NIV. I didn’t ask if it was by special invitation or not. So let me not say it it.
Call and confirm from them.
Sorry for the initial answer.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mercyaakan: 11:55am On Mar 23, 2023
Thanks for the response. Do you know when it opened?

Beelaye:

Yes it is.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Fyfygal: 12:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
Maybe the will return your passport with an interview appointment.I strongly suspect that so brace up

GFavor:

I was like 15days outside the 48mths but someone said I should just try. Can this be the reason. I have never been denied visa, I have travelled twice & did not overstay.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GFavor: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
Fyfygal:
Maybe the will return your passport with an interview appointment.I strongly suspect that so brace up

If this happens, I will have to look for date like the regular searching of dates right. Or will they give me a date to appear for the interview? Just want to be prepared.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
GFavor:

From what I’ve read it means they are reviewing ur documents.
Go here and read up.

https://redbus2us.com/visas/usa/apply/check-us-visa-status-online/.

Mine took over a month to process and I was given the visa. Anyway there is really nothing more to do than wait.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
mercyaakan:
Thanks for the response. Do you know when it opened?

Not exactly but it’s been a while. I was there last week and they were attending to people.

Sorry o, Someone just asked and thinking of it maybe those they were attending to were by special invitation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.