Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (935277 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 11:38am On Apr 12, 2023
flourishing247:

Don't give anyone a dime. There's no appointment for this year. A lot of people are monitoring the site so they can change their. Nothing! Lagos should be around July - August 2024.
very far.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2023
flourishing247:

Don't give anyone a dime. There's no appointment for this year. A lot of people are monitoring the site so they can change their. Nothing! Lagos should be around July - August 2024.
but people are getting appointment this year for IW
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 1:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, please I have been checking to reschedule date for 2023 since January and have not seen.
Please I want to confirm if Lagos has released date for B1/B2 for this year?
Secondly how many times can one reschedule date?
(For example if I see September and I reschedule but what am looking for is before August, can I still reschedule if I find)
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
This is Wednesday, but I am yet to get a mail. What could be wrong?

Popdes:

Yes it could be because of Easter Easter break considering Friday was holiday.
If you qualify for Interview waiver, you should get the email by Tuesday or Wednesday.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Popdes(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
That's odd usually you get the email within few days. Mine came in within 12hours of inputting the payment receipt number.
Login to your page and cross check the mail E-mail address you have on your profile, check the appointment section to see if it has been approve
Demzy4:
This is Wednesday, but I am yet to get a mail. What could be wrong?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nuttycaptain: 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
IW application timeline

Initial interview was rescheduled and brought forward by the embassy.

Dropped off passport at Isolo on 15th March. Approved exactly 3 weeks later, issued the day after that (Thursday last week). Friday and Monday were public holidays. Got mail to pick up passport yesterday and picked it up today, 4 weeks after.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enishit: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2023
[quote author=nuttycaptain post=122469470]IW application timeline

Dropped off passport at Isolo on 15th March. Approved exactly 3 weeks later, issued the day after that (Thursday last week). Friday and Monday were public holidays. Got mail to pick up passport yesterday and picked it up today, 4 weeks after.[/quote

Wow Lucky you
I submitted mine on the 16th of March my son and my self no update yet still on received application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nony92: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
Lucky you.
IW is generally faster in Lagos. Since March 8th I submitted mine in Abuja, no update has been made. It just shows “Application Received”. It’s just really unfortunate. Worse still is that I need my passport for something more important. I really don’t know what pushed me to do this renewal at this time.
It is indeed well!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 4:00pm On Apr 12, 2023
Nothing is showing the appointment section.
Would it be okay if I try the process again?
Popdes:
That's odd usually you get the email within few days. Mine came in within 12hours of inputting the payment receipt number.
Login to your page and cross check the mail E-mail address you have on your profile, check the appointment section to see if it has been approve
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dupsiiee(f): 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ekeadatrust:
1. I think the 6-members you're seeing there are on default. I added me, my wife, and 3 kids, and I still met the same 6 members in the display.
2. I got the same message, and i received another email after a week to schedule an appointment. Yours might be longer or shorter(Mine was renewal) Simply check your email every day, both the spam folder and the inbox. 

Thank you so much for the response
I responded to your email
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
Does anyone know the the current available date for interview scheduling in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
nuttycaptain:
IW application timeline

Dropped off passport at Isolo on 15th March. Approved exactly 3 weeks later, issued the day after that (Thursday last week). Friday and Monday were public holidays. Got mail to pick up passport yesterday and picked it up today, 4 weeks after.
👍
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2023
nony92:

Lucky you.
IW is generally faster in Lagos. Since March 8th I submitted mine in Abuja, no update has been made. It just shows “Application Received”. It’s just really unfortunate. Worse still is that I need my passport for something more important. I really don’t know what pushed me to do this renewal at this time.
It is indeed well!

ANY ONE SUBMITTED DROPBOX ON 8 MARCH 2023 OR IN ABUJA BEFORE AND NOT YET RECEIVED ANY INFORMATION
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2023
ANY ONE SUBMITTED DROPBOX ON 8 MARCH 2023 OR BEFORE IN ABUJA AND NOT YET RECEIVED ANY INFORMATION. What is going on with the process in abuja?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
I heard some people that dropped their passports at DHL Abuja on the 24 February 2023 have already collected their travel documents last week thursday the 06 April 2023 in Abuja. Any of you experiencing the same issue or delays.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ekeadatrust: 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
A friend said his own took complete 40 days for his passport to reach his hand after submission. I think the normal time for this Abuja is 40 days because i have never seen someone that received his passport back less than those 40 days. So just wait small. you have few days left. Mine was dropped-off at that DHL Abuja on the 17th of march. the thing still says, "Application received" So I'm waiting. Whenever you have update, kindly drop it for us here please.

nony92:

Lucky you.
It is indeed well!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
flourishing247:

Thank you 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I really appreciate this response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OlaLiberty(m): 3:48am On Apr 13, 2023
Hi everyone,

When departing the US after my visit, my passport was not stamped at the departure as the norm in other places I have visited. Is there a way to capture the information that am no longer in the country?
I have been able to use I-94 to check. It is now sorted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lola1610: 7:03am On Apr 13, 2023
Update on IW Application in Abuja

Submitted the documents on the 23rd February…Picked up our passports yesterday (12th April)

It took approximately 7weeks

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2023
OlaLiberty:
Hi everyone,

When departing the US after my visit, my passport was not stamped at the departure as the norm in other places I have visited. Is there a way to capture the information that am no longer in the country?
I have been able to use I-94 to check. It is now sorted.
This is normal. It's same when departing UK as well. I know EU countries do stamp passports in and out. But the US Consulate has a way of noticing if you exceeded your stay or not during your last visit. They don't have to look at the stamp placed on your passport on arrival by the Nigerian Immigration. Every vistor entering and departing US is documented via the airlines that conveyed them and airlines work in synergies with the US authorities. You don't have to worry about this. They'd see everything during your interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 7:38am On Apr 13, 2023
Beelaye:
Guys they have finally released dates for follow up appointment. Just checked this evening and saw it. Only one date with different times so picked one time for my children. Check if u have been waiting for same.
Glad to hear this. Remember I told you it would finally come? My cousin is on same boat right now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OlaLiberty(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2023
Many thanks for your time. This was not the norm I was anticipating.
Eriokanmi:
This is normal. It's same when departing UK as well. I know EU countries do stamp passports in and out. But the US Consulate has a way of noticing if you exceeded your stay or not during your last visit. They don't have to look at the stamp placed on your passport on arrival by the Nigerian Immigration. Every vistor entering and departing US is documented via the airlines that conveyed them and airlines work in synergies with the US authorities. You don't have to worry about this. They'd see everything during your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neeta02(f): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2023
Good day everyone,

Does one need to be physically present to drop their passport for IW in Lagos, or can someone drop it on their behalf?
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mjolnir: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2023
not sure if this issue has been treated before, for a separated couple, with 1 spouse who has overstayed in the US, would the other spouse have issues entering the US , @ POE, cos of the overstayed party?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ashen800: 12:22pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hello,

I am applying for a US tourist visa to visit a sibling in the US who is on a student visa as well. I'm in the UK for my masters. I have applied and gotten an interview date for July. In the employment section, I included my last two jobs in Nigeria. However, I didn't include my current part-time HCA role with the NHS. This is because, 1) the ds160 allows for only 2 jobs, 2)the HCA job is not my main reason for being in the UK, and 3) the site does not allow for indicating that any other job besides the primary occupation is currently ongoing. Meaning if I add the HCA job, it will be listed as a job I have left already.

Should I still add it ? The person I'm going to visit thinks it should be included and will increase my chances. Does this matter? If I decide to add it, I will have to create a new ds160 form, and reschedule my appointment. Also, I indicated I'm self funding. I plan to take along proof of my employment with the NHS and my payslips. I'm a first time applicant with no travel history except to the UK.

Any tips pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Myfavour22: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
Ashen800:
Hello,

I am applying for a US tourist visa to visit a sibling in the US who is on a student visa as well. I'm in the UK for my masters. I have applied and gotten an interview date for July. In the employment section, I included my last two jobs in Nigeria. However, I didn't include my current part-time HCA role with the NHS. This is because, 1) the ds160 allows for only 2 jobs, 2)the HCA job is not my main reason for being in the UK, and 3) the site does not allow for indicating that any other job besides the primary occupation is currently ongoing. Meaning if I add the HCA job, it will be listed as a job I have left already.

Should I still add it ? The person I'm going to visit thinks it should be included and will increase my chances. Does this matter? If I decide to add it, I will have to create a new ds160 form, and reschedule my appointment. Also, I indicated I'm self funding. I plan to take along proof of my employment with the NHS and my payslips. I'm a first time applicant with no travel history except to the UK.

Any tips pls?
You don’t have to reschedule your appointment if you fill a new ds 160
Just update the number your cgi
Shalom
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ashen800: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2023
Myfavour22:

You don’t have to reschedule your appointment if you fill a new ds 160
Just update the number your cgi
Shalom

Thanks Myfavour. That's the thing, I think it's slightly different when applying from the UK. Please see attached image. The field for the DS160 number is uneditable until I cancel my appointment. The only editable fields without canceling appointment are passport number and phone number.

I don't mind canceling and rescheduling the appointment as there are still dates available. My concern is just, hope it won't raise any flags attaching a new ds form to my appointment and also is it really important to add the part time role.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by duncanmighty: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hello there. My cousin who is a secondary school leaver wishes to travel to the USA for vacation as a tourist. He is looking at August 2023. He is yet to pay for visa fee . How soon can he get visa appointment ?
Your overall advice regards his circumstances will be greatly appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by duncanmighty: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
When did you pay your visa fee and whats the earliest appointment date you got?
Ashen800:

Thanks Myfavour. That's the thing, I think it's slightly different when applying from the UK. Please see attached image. The field for the DS160 number is uneditable until I cancel my appointment. The only editable fields without canceling appointment are passport number and phone number.

I don't mind canceling and rescheduling the appointment as there are still dates available. My concern is just, hope it won't raise any flags attaching a new ds form to my appointment and also is it really important to add the part time role.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ajalalomo: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
LawyerBB:
Good afternoon everyone, please I have been checking to reschedule date for 2023 since January and have not seen.
Please I want to confirm if Lagos has released date for B1/B2 for this year?
Secondly how many times can one reschedule date?
(For example if I see September and I reschedule but what am looking for is before August, can I still reschedule if I find)
Thank you

Are you talking about regular interview appointment or IW.

For regular interview appointment: I don’t think you can get appointment date for this year. My family member that applied about 2 months ago was unable to schedule for this year. Her appointment is in May 2024.

These are the dates that are currently available as of today;

June: 1 spot available for June 18
July: 1 spot available for July 16
August: many spots available

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ashen800: 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2023
duncanmighty:
When did you pay your visa fee and whats the earliest appointment date you got?

I paid last night. Earliest date as at yesterday was July 17th

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by duncanmighty: 6:27pm On Apr 13, 2023
July 17th this year? Or 2024?
Ashen800:

I paid last night. Earliest date as at yesterday was July 17th

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Dansakimotors and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.