Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (931616 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2023
Fimmyjay:

Submitted on 1st march in Abuja. Just noticed the case updated just changed to
14th April from 2nd March. I don't know what this means. Still on Application received though

KEEP UPDATING US ON YOUR APPLICATION BECAUSE YOU SUBMITTED A WEEK BEFORE US.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by duncanmighty: 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
Anyone else who just paid for visa fee and got faster apooinment booking date?kindly share
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Flo123: 5:04pm On Apr 15, 2023
Solobenny:
Since how days have you been waiting for the email?

72 hours
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eghosa1(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hi guys, is there a reason why the below message is received when applying for a B1/B2 application as the page does not proceed to showing available dates?

"Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved."

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Flo123: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2023
yvy1:

Hi, have you picked up your passport? Was the visa granted? Mine changed to no status today and I submitted on the 14th of March in VI

To schedule for an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Flo123: 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2023
Femaleoutfit:
Ok, thanks. Kindly share the email addy .

support@ustravelsdoc.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Femaleoutfit: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
Thank you.
Flo123:

support@ustravelsdoc.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beelaye: 7:07am On Apr 16, 2023
Juxen:
Hello all,

Please who has successfully scheduled appointment for follow up interview
I have not been able to get a date
Please help please

Just be patient. I had the same issue. Took them 6 weeks to release a follow up date for me. I got the letter to schedule on March 1st and finally saw a date about 6 weeks later. Until then the calendar was blank. They gave me the end of April to come for the follow up. They will answer u. Just keep checking but don’t loose any sleep over it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Champora: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Has anyone tried dropping off their documents for IW at any of the other drop-off locations like Enugu, Port Harcourt etc. Or is it safer/better to come to Lagos and drop off? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ekeadatrust: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
I don't think there are any drop-off locations in Enugu or PHC. The only drop-off locations are Lagos and Abuja, but you can receive your passport back at the locations you just mentioned.

Champora:
Has anyone tried dropping off their documents for IW at any of the other drop-off locations like Enugu, Port Harcourt etc. Or is it safer/better to come to Lagos and drop off? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Champora: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ah really? Thanks for explaining because I got confused that those were also drop-off locations

Ekeadatrust:
I don't think there are any drop-off locations in Enugu or PHC. The only drop-off locations are Lagos and Abuja, but you can receive your passport back at the locations you just mentioned.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yvy1(f): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Flo123:

Wow. Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ekeadatrust: 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Welcome. I will advise you use Lagos as ur IW drop-off location and then choose any city closer to you to receive your document back. Because Abuja is very slow.

Champora:
Ah really? Thanks for explaining because I got confused that those were also drop-off locations

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Champora: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2023
Thank you very much, I appreciate the info

Ekeadatrust:
Welcome. I will advise you use Lagos as ur IW drop-off location and then choose any city closer to you to receive your document back. Because Abuja is very slow.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abbeyb1ack: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2023
Please what are the necessary document I need to go with for visa interview
Don't want to get there and start doing photocopy for 2k or passport photograph for 5k

It's a visit visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ekeadatrust: 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
Invitation letter or hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Appointment letter
DS160 confirmation form
Statement of account
your international passport
the colored data page of your passport
Extra copies of your passport photo
letter from your office or your business documents

Depending on the person you met When I got my visa a few years ago, the guy didn't ask me for any of these documents apart from the DS-160 confirmation page.
He focused on knowing the details of my business and how I solve issues encountered in it. I told him all without a blink. He gave me the white paper, and the rest is history.

Your own case might be different. The person you met might request all these documents and more.
Abbeyb1ack:
Don't want to get there and start doing photocopy for 2k or passport photograph for 5k

It's a visit visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ciwi: 11:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
Ekeadatrust:
Invitation letter or hotel reservation
Flight reservation
Appointment letter
DS160 confirmation form
Statement of account
your international passport
the colored data page of your passport
Extra copies of your passport photo
letter from your office or your business documents

Depending on the person you met When I got my visa a few years ago, the guy didn't ask me for any of these documents apart from the DS-160 confirmation page.
He focused on knowing the details of my business and how I solve issues encountered in it. I told him all without a blink. He gave me the white paper, and the rest is history.

Your own case might be different. The person you met might request all these documents and more.

Don’t forget your payment receipt from GTB @abbeyb1ack

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 1:38am On Apr 17, 2023
Pls is the visa fee still the same 72k? I learnt they are hiking the price to $185 now.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 2:00am On Apr 17, 2023
ANYONE DROPBOX ON 8 MARCH 2023 OR BEFORE IN ABUJA AND NOT YET GOT THEIR PASSPORTS BACK. What is going on with the process in abuja?

Kindly update us on your progress
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2023
ANYONE DROPBOX ON 8 MARCH 2023 OR BEFORE IN ABUJA AND NOT YET GOT THEIR PASSPORTS BACK. What is going on with the process in abuja?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 2:02am On Apr 17, 2023

Kindly update us on your progress😊😊😊
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by xclusive4visa: 2:04am On Apr 17, 2023
What is going on with the DROPBOX process in abuja?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by narcdramaqueen: 2:41am On Apr 17, 2023
Ashen800:
Hello,

I am applying for a US tourist visa to visit a sibling in the US who is on a student visa as well. I'm in the UK for my masters. I have applied and gotten an interview date for July. In the employment section, I included my last two jobs in Nigeria. However, I didn't include my current part-time HCA role with the NHS. This is because, 1) the ds160 allows for only 2 jobs, 2)the HCA job is not my main reason for being in the UK, and 3) the site does not allow for indicating that any other job besides the primary occupation is currently ongoing. Meaning if I add the HCA job, it will be listed as a job I have left already.

Should I still add it ? The person I'm going to visit thinks it should be included and will increase my chances. Does this matter? If I decide to add it, I will have to create a new ds160 form, and reschedule my appointment. Also, I indicated I'm self funding. I plan to take along proof of my employment with the NHS and my payslips. I'm a first time applicant with no travel history except to the UK.

Any tips pls?

Since you are in the UK on a student visa, your work isn't all that relevant. You will need a letter from your school that states you are a student in good standing/enrolled when you go for the interview, and your financial stuff. I would say being a student in the UK gives you a pretty decent chance already. It usually helps if you have a valid visa for another western country too. I got a US visa in Switzerland as a student and it was nowhere as stressful as it is Nigeria. VOs were much nicer too.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Champora: 6:54am On Apr 17, 2023
Yes I just paid 72k yesterday. It will go up in May.

Ess:
Pls is the visa fee still the same 72k? I learnt they are hiking the price to $185 now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 7:34am On Apr 17, 2023
narcdramaqueen:

Since you are in the UK on a student visa, your work isn't all that relevant. You will need a letter from your school that states you are a student in good standing/enrolled when you go for the interview, and your financial stuff. I would say being a student in the UK gives you a pretty decent chance already. It usually helps if you have a valid visa for another western country too. I got a US visa in Switzerland as a student and it was nowhere as stressful as it is Nigeria. VOs were much nicer too.

Hmm. Switzerland is such a decent country. I always reminisce my experience in Luzanne and Montreaux..that long Geneve lake wink. But living standard there is pretty high.

That said, every applicant's chance of getting a visa lies on them. The purpose of your trip is of high priority to them, irrespective of the country you're applying from. Remember every visa applicant is presumed an intending immigrant by VOs so, the onus is on applicants to prove otherwise...to prove they'd not japa. They may not even look at your bank statements during interview. People had been denied US visa at US posts in the UK before. I read of a few here on NL.

If they ask you of purpose of visit, don't just give one short sentence answer...expatiate. its your time which you paid for so, utilise it. They need to be convinced and a short sentence response isn't enough. 30 seconds is fine. The VOs ask questions for a reason, remember.

Good luck to all the applicants.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chairperson: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2023
Good morning, apart from travelstart and wakanow does anyone know where else to purchase reasonably priced tickets...cos the fares we are seeing on these sites are crazy ooh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ekeadatrust: 9:06am On Apr 17, 2023
Use google Flights to get the best rate.

Chairperson:
Good morning, apart from travelstart and wakanow does anyone know where else to purchase reasonably priced tickets...cos the fares we are seeing on these sites are crazy ooh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2023
Champora:
Yes I just paid 72k yesterday. It will go up in May.

Ok. Thanks, let me rush and pay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

It's a visit visa
is it in nigeria u are applying for the visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tiptoe1: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2023
kezzy09:
On tourists visa Cos the earliest I see now is Aug 6th 2024

He's applying from UK, not nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2023
Flo123:

Oh wow, have you rescheduled now? I saw Abuja but August 2024. That's crazy. How can one get an earlier date for an interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chic91(f): 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2023
Good day everyone

I'm qualify for interview waiver but my son who is a toddler will be applying for tourist visa for the first time... Can he apply with me for the interview waiver because he still a minor or I have to apply fresh for him and book appointment. Please help I don't know how to go about this. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.