Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,630 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (924644 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheAristocrat(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
A 221g interview is a follow-up interview at the US Embassy.

For applicants who qualify for interview waiver; according to the US Consular Services, sometimes the CO reviewing the application does not have sufficient information to assess the applicant and complete the adjudication process. It could also be that concerns have been raised from the information in the application, usage of previous visa(s) etc.

So, apparently in the interest of "fairness", the visa application is temporarily put on hold and the applicant is told to schedule a follow-up interview which is called a 221g interview.

mane48:
which again is 221g interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by deegalaxy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by atoeoxto: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hello my Ables,

I have a b1/b2 appointment for temporary visit at US embassy London ending of the month. I am on a tier 2 visa in the uk.

Please my Ables, which documents list will I take down for my interview as I am very new to this eventhough I have Germany, netherland visas on my passport/traveling history.

Abeg make una help a novice oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by atoeoxto: 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
Please, I have emailed you,

lovable85:
Visa approved at the USA emabassy London for bothe me and my partner

We are both students, we came in last year
Travel history: Germany
My partner: none

Us: good afternoon
Vo: good afternoon
Vo: your relationship
Us: we are married
Vo: how long have you both been in the UK
Us: we both answered
Vo: when are you graduating
Vo: who paid your fees
Us: we both answered, we also said we both work parttime as care support workers
Vo: asked if our parents contributed to our fees
Us: we answered
Vo: asked what are parents do
Vo: asked where we are both going

Took our fingerprints
Visa approved 😁😁😁

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
deegalaxy:
Check now if you are looking for dates, B1/B2.
is really far no closer date?not even 2024

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
finally received a mail to send in my passport after administrative processing the letter states i can submit at Hafsat plaza in abuja or at Muri Okunola in lagos i went to hafsat plaza to submit my passport they refused to collect it stating since the application is in lagos i have to physically take the passport to lagos.

does anyone have a similar experience and will i be able to send my passport for someone else to submit without having to physically go to lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shalomblue: 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
I would like to know the process of changing from interview appointment to waiver.I had applied before the extension to 48 months.
Do I have to start the process all over or there is a way around it without having to pay another visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ozzy15: 8:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Please how do I schedule a drop box appointment, also has anyone done it in recent times , how long did it take to get your passport back, I'm a frequent traveller and need my passport back ASAP. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2023
Please anyone who gets an earlier date before the third week of June 2023 should help notify me please I beg you all

0812 784 0340
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pertruchi: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pls anybody with a shared apartment in Illinois Chicago or cheap apartments pls?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ebizle: 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello, I was given a 221g letter in December 2022 and my profile was enabled to schedule a follow-up interview in Jan 2023, but i haven't been able to book the appointment. Everytime I select a date, I get the error message "error loading visual page" . I have called severally, sent emails, still nothing. Pls is there anyone with similar issue and how did you resolve it. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 5:35am On Jun 08, 2023
Ozzy15:
Please how do I schedule a drop box appointment, also has anyone done it in recent times , how long did it take to get your passport back, I'm a frequent traveller and need my passport back ASAP. Thanks for the response.

I dropped mine on the 20th of Feb, got it back on the 7th of March 2023. Outside Lagos though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Myfavour22: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ebizle:
Hello, I was given a 221g letter in December 2022 and my profile was enabled to schedule a follow-up interview in Jan 2023, but i haven't been able to book the appointment. Everytime I select a date, I get the error message "error loading visual page" . I have called severally, sent emails, still nothing. Pls is there anyone with similar issue and how did you resolve it. Thanks
Have you tried a different browser or device, incognito, cleared cache? Or use vpn.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pumpyjay: 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
I'll suggest you hold on to your date. I had an interview scheduled for Tuesday next week, just got an email that it's cancelled.

"Appointment slots will be made available so that you may reschedule to a date and time that is convenient for you. We will send you a follow-up email with instructions on rescheduling your new appointment soon."

shalomblue:
I would like to know the process of changing from interview appointment to waiver.I had applied before the extension to 48 months.
Do I have to start the process all over or there is a way around it without having to pay another visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
wow Is it Lagos or ABUJA? Pls

Pumpyjay:
I'll suggest you hold on to your date. I had an interview scheduled for Tuesday next week, just got an email that it's cancelled.

"Appointment slots will be made available so that you may reschedule to a date and time that is convenient for you. We will send you a follow-up email with instructions on rescheduling your new appointment soon."

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cbn4main: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2023
Hi, gurus in the house. How easy is it to get a US
Visit visa appointment date for applicants in the uk.

I'm already seeing on this thread that the earliest date for applicants from Nigerians is 2025.

I would appreciate an answer. Thanks guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by noncapax: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2023
My wife had a follow-up interview this morning after being refused under 221g

She was basically asked to explain her long stays in the US (Stuck during COVID and childbirth). The VO asked how much she paid for childbirth (no receipts were checked), what she and her husband do for a living and then she was told that if she used the visa for medical, she'd be banned from the US.

Visa was approved. The whole thing took about 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheAristocrat(m): 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Transcript of 221g Interview:
Me: Good Morning.
VO: Good Morning. Please pass your passport.

VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No.

VO: Why didn’t you use your last visa?
Me: The pandemic happened after the visa was issued and I shelved travel plans since my trip was
non-essential. (I rambled a bit, but I guess the message was passed across)

VO: Where are you going to in the US?
Me: Houston, Texas

VO: How long do you plan staying?
Me: ten days

VO: Are you married?
Me: No. I’m single.

VO: Do you have children?
Me: No

VO: Do you have family in the US?
Me: No. All my immediate family are here.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: xxxxx ( a firm under Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources)

VO: How long have you worked there?
Me: 10 years and 10 months

VO: Which city were you born?
Me: A*** ( I gave my state of origin as answer instead of the name of the state where I was born)

VO: ***looks at me in surprise****

Me: *****Instantly realised I made a mistake and immediately provided the correct answer****
I was born in A***** but my state of origin is A*****. I’m sorry about the mix-up.
( Side Story- during my last visa application process, I had to undergo Administrative Processing
and provide answer to a lot of personal questions. I guess she asked the question to check
whether I had been telling the truth all along. )

VO:***** Smiles. Then types for less than one minute.*****
Your visa has been approved. You can pick it up in one week.
Me: Thank you.

Outcome: Received passport within a week. 5-year B1/B2 Visa affixed to passport.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Olemm: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please I want to confirm if B1/B2 visas is now 5years?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
yes
Olemm:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iamDozzy(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
yes
Olemm:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
TheAristocrat:

Me: The pandemic happened after the visa was issued and I shelved travel plans since my trip was

Me: A*** ( I gave my state of origin as answer instead of the name of the state where I was born)

Me: *****Instantly realised I made a mistake and immediately provided the correct answer****
I was born in A***** but my state of origin is A*****. I’m sorry about the mix-up.
( Side Story- during my last visa application process, I had to undergo Administrative Processing
and provide answer to a lot of personal questions. I guess she asked the question to check

Outcome: Received passport within a week. 5-year B1/B2 Visa affixed to passport.

congrats pls what is 221g interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oyi1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello Guys I have a questions:

1) I'm in USA booking for NIV for my mother in-law to come assist my wife post childbirth, how do she prepare for the interview?

2) I Have made payment for the visa (Abuja),
I'm finding it difficult scheduling for the interview on the site, it keep telling me my request to schedule for interview is received pending approval for the past 2days now, how do I resolve this?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Csteven926: 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Congratulations!

Can you please let me know how long it took you to receive your passport back after your interview?

lovable85:
Visa approved at the USA emabassy London for bothe me and my partner

We are both students, we came in last year
Travel history: Germany
My partner: none

Us: good afternoon
Vo: good afternoon
Vo: your relationship
Us: we are married
Vo: how long have you both been in the UK
Vo: when are you graduating
Vo: who paid your fees
Us: we both answered, we also said we both work parttime as care support workers
Vo: asked if our parents contributed to our fees
Us: we answered
Vo: asked what are parents do
Vo: asked where we are both going

Took our fingerprints
Visa approved 😁😁😁

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please as a student in the Uk , is it good to put that your parents is sponsoring your trip or it’s better to click self ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by HALIMAHHHH: 10:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good evening everyone.
Please I would like advice on this.
Is it a problem if someone applies for US visiting visa without her husband. She wants to visit are kids who are in school there and she feels it's a red flag if she and her husband don't apply together because her husband already applied and scheduled his interview for next year june without her. Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ess: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2023
oyi1:
Hello Guys I have a questions:

1) I'm in USA booking for NIV for my mother in-law to come assist my wife post childbirth, how do she prepare for the interview?

2) I Have made payment for the visa (Abuja),
I'm finding it difficult scheduling for the interview on the site, it keep telling me my request to schedule for interview is received pending approval for the past 2days now, how do I resolve this?

You have to be patient, they will send you an email to access the calendar.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Thanks for sharing as promised.

TheAristocrat:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
There is nothing much that you can do than to keep checking from time to time. I experienced this for close to 2 months and given up due to other plans. Late last month, I just checked anyways and found a date in June.

I think you just be patient & keep checking.

Ebizle:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lovable85(f): 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
I just got my passport today, so I ll say 10-14days after the interview

Csteven926:
Congratulations!

Can you please let me know how long it took you to receive your passport back after your interview?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Soraco57(m): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hello, am a student in Lithuania and I have business enterprise in Nigeria with updated tax records and updated cac annual filing returns. From Lithuania here I have visited Britain and Ireland, please what's the chances of having US visa let's say tourists, what do I put in the US visa application form as my job, is it student or self employed, how best can I go about this. Am just 9 months old here as a student. I need response and gospel Truth. I don chop breakfast from the US in the year 2017 twice. My wife is a resident in the UK though she is 3 months old resident on a skilled visa, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 12:05am On Jun 11, 2023
"Purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within 60 days when no regular visa appointments are available. This option is limited only to students and exchange students who are within 60 days of their start date. "

I noticed the above when I wanted to request for emergency appointment. Does the 60 days actually apply?

I am to resume August 14th. Would i need to wait till 14th of this month before i can request for the emergency appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.