Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (925103 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by preciousradiance: 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Siraj20:
[Where oooo, i haven't seen any date for two days now]
This is to give a feedback to someone
I don’t know why people are buying appointments for IW logged on today and dates were available as early as June 2,5,8,10🙆🏻‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️🙆🏻‍♂️

Please what time did you check? I'm looking at the best time in the day to check for dates
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
preciousradiance:

Please what time did you check? I'm looking at the best time in the day to check for dates

Let me get you right … before you can access different dates ( for follow-up) . There must be a mail with an access link to enable u book for appointment right ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheAristocrat(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Safetysmile:
Hello Nairalanders, pls I got busy and gave up on follow up interview. Surprisingly, I checked after months and got a date. Kindly assist with information about "221G" interview:
1. What are the documents I am expected to carry along besides my certificates.
2. Is there any successful transcript of follow up interviews here
3. Or what are the likely expected questions
4. How do I print out my DS160, its showing refused as I tried to print?

Good Day.

My advice is that even though you are going for a "221g" Interview, prepare as if you are going for a normal interview.

This means you should come with 2 passport photographs, DS-160 Confirmation Page, Evidence of payment of Visa Application Fee, Appointment Confirmation Letter and the Letter from US Embassy advising you to schedule a 221g interview. Please ensure that you come with all these, as I witnessed people being turned back at the gate for not having one document or the other.

Likely questions? It depends on the reason why you were asked to schedule a 221g interview in the first place. Try and go through your application again and check if there were any "weak spots" that led to this situation. As I said earlier, even though its a 221g interview, prepare as if its a normal interview.

Hope this helps.

PS:
I did my 221g interview today at Abuja and I'll share my transcript later, in shaa Allah.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
preciousradiance:

Check twice daily. Morning and afternoon. Pick a date if you haven't done it already then change when you get a closer one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
aomagh01:
please can someone tell me when they open us visa dates in lagos. They are saying no available dates! sad

New interview or renewal? If new call the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gbanis: 12:05am On Jun 03, 2023
Hello house, I need answers to this please.
I got my B1/B2 visa together with my ex husband in 2016 which was used for the purpose child birth.
My ex husband and I later got separated afterwards and he left for the US where he has since been living and settled with someone else.
I would like to get a visa to attend my best friend's wedding but I do not know if my ex' stay in the US would affect my chances negatively. I believe that the visa officer would be aware that he is currently in the US. I do not know his current status, address or whereabouts.
We have been separated for the past six years since 2017 and our divorce has recently just been finalized.
I need an advice on what to do please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Quincypp: 10:16am On Jun 03, 2023
Quincypp:
Good morning,

please can one renew a visa for a child alone, without both parents applying with her through Drop box?
If yes, what are the steps to take? Thanks🙏🏽

N.B.
Both parents do not qualify for Dropbox but the child does.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
flourishing247:

New interview or renewal? If new call the embassy.
How do I get a follow up interview date for 221g? Pls explain in details …thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mane48: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
TheAristocrat:

Good Day.

My advice is that even though you are going for a "221g" Interview, prepare as if you are going for a normal interview.

This means you should come with 2 passport photographs, DS-160 Confirmation Page, Evidence of payment of Visa Application Fee, Appointment Confirmation Letter and the Letter from US Embassy advising you to schedule a 221g interview. Please ensure that you come with all these, as I witnessed people being turned back at the gate for not having one document or the other.

Likely questions? It depends on the reason why you were asked to schedule a 221g interview in the first place. Try and go through your application again and check if there were any "weak spots" that led to this situation. As I said earlier, even though its a 221g interview, prepare as if its a normal interview.

Hope this helps.

PS:
I did my 221g interview today at Abuja and I'll share my transcript later, in shaa Allah.
which again is 221g interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hurdun01: 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
TheAristocrat:

Good Day.

Hope this helps.

PS:

Hello, I have a 221g interview scheduled for next month in Abuja as well… I’d like to know how your interview went and on what ground (reasons) were you asked to schedule an appointment. Mine is correct bio data and validity of passport. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 12:02am On Jun 04, 2023
Hurdun01:

Hello, I have a 221g interview scheduled for next month in Abuja as well… I’d like to know how your interview went and on what ground (reasons) were you asked to schedule an appointment. Mine is correct bio data and validity of passport. Thanks
How did u book your 221g appointment please and how long did it take u to book one from the day you got your form and all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Hurdun01: 12:30am On Jun 04, 2023
millyscent:

How did u book your 221g appointment please and how long did it take u to book one from the day you got your form and all

I clicked on “schedule follow up appointment “ and over 10 different date and time dropped down and I picked one. (At about 8pm)
By the way, I did this immediately I realized I have to schedule a date for follow up… this was a Friday and I got an email to pick up my documents at my preferred dhl location on Tuesday ,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Speroclassic: 2:06am On Jun 04, 2023
Pls can i talk to you on whatsapp?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 3:26am On Jun 04, 2023
flourishing247:

Check twice daily. Morning and afternoon. Pick a date if you haven't done it already then change when you get a closer one.

Can one reschedule to an earlier date after scheduling ? How many times is one allowed to reschedule ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Goldenman2023: 7:35am On Jun 04, 2023
segsdynamic:

Kindly click on "NO" as you don't have a visa which expires in last 24 months

Thank you. I appreciate.

Please share with me the Whatsapp group link for those searching for a close date (July to October 2023) for another interview at the US Embassy at Abuja.
I have been searching for a close date and it is not forthcoming.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Goldenman2023: 7:46am On Jun 04, 2023
[quote author=geolan post=122891640]

Okay thanks for this as well. I will get the contact details from one of the places I intend visiting.[/quot

Good morning Everyone.

Please share with me the Whatsapp group link for those searching for a close date (July to October 2023) for another interview at the US Embassy at Abuja.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Goldenman2023: 8:10am On Jun 04, 2023
flourishing247:

Good morning Everyone.

My family and I were denied visas in April due to having no home ties.

I intend to apply alone this time around, and I have filled out and submitted a new DS-160 form, and bought a new visa application (MRV). If I should choose an available date for the interview since there are no more close dates and my school resumes in August, will I be considered for an expedited date? I know whenever I chat with the visa application desk through the feedback section, they always reply but this time they just said I should go ahead and pick a date without assuring me of a close date.

Please note, I made use of an emergency date in April for the first visa application.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Goldenman2023: 8:14am On Jun 04, 2023
omobaronke:
Thank you for your response.

Good morning Everyone.

I intend to apply alone this time around, and I have filled out and submitted a new DS-160 form, and bought a new visa application (MRV). If I should choose an available date for the interview since there are no more close dates and my school resumes in August, will I be considered for an expedited date? I know whenever I chat with the visa application desk through the feedback section, they always reply but this time they just said I should go ahead and pick a date without assuring me of a close date.

Please note, I made use of an emergency date in April for the first visa application.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teegal215: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2023
Goodmorning everyone.

Please is it safe to depart from the US on the day my visit visa expires?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teegal215: 11:44am On Jun 04, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mandydaisy: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Teegal215:

Goodmorning everyone.

Please is it safe to depart from the US on the day my visit visa expires?

It is, as long as you don’t exceed the date you got when stamped in.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Posa: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Good day all. Please can I use a photocopy of My Passport to pay for B1/B2 visa fee in GTB?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LawyerBB: 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please anyone who gets an earlier date before the third week of June 2023 should help notify me please I beg you all

0812 784 0340
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by zichien: 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
—— in response to the earlier post asking for confirmation that the US government no longer requires COVID 19 vaccine status—-

If the us government website states no vaccine status is required..whatelse do you need again? You’ve heard it directly from the horses mouth. They no longer require vaccine status for travel to the US. If I tell you the website is lying does that mean you’ll believe the word of an anonymous stranger on a website over something easily verifiable by googling and finding the answer yourself straight from the horses mouth i.e us government website ??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Big thanks to you, this info sure did help.

Patiently waiting for your transcript pls.

TheAristocrat:

Good Day.

Hope this helps.

PS:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by meljoe: 5:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please what did you fill as the reason on your new ds 160 form ?
Goldenman2023:

Good morning Everyone.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
zichien:
—— in response to the earlier post asking for confirmation that the US government no longer requires COVID 19 vaccine status—-

If the us government website states no vaccine status is required..whatelse do you need again? You’ve heard it directly from the horses mouth. They no longer require vaccine status for travel to the US. If I tell you the website is lying does that mean you’ll believe the word of an anonymous stranger on a website over something easily verifiable by googling and finding the answer yourself straight from the horses mouth i.e us government website ??

I don't know who you are firing missles at. What we were all searching for was first hand experience for people that recently travelled.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
overlord77:

Can one reschedule to an earlier date after scheduling ? How many times is one allowed to reschedule ?

Yes you can but I don't know the number of times you can change.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Icesnow(f): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hi all! I'm trying to apply for a tourist visa. Where is the tourist destination pls? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheAristocrat(m): 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hi.
The interview went well. Well, my 221g Letter from the Embassy did not state any reason. Also, the CO asked a lot of questions during the interview so I can't really pinpoint the reason for the follow-up interview.

Hurdun01:

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (434) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.