Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (936123 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (438) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tkulthenoble: 11:45am On May 28, 2023
Thats what exactly what am thinking.
M6ix:
I would say no since there are no immediate relatives. Plus saying yes may lead to further questions that you may not have answers to.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 1:20pm On May 28, 2023
Good day great people. Please I need guidance. I have a valid Schengen visa on a passport that will expire in October. I just got my US visa on my new passport. I will be travelling in July to Europe and travel to America from Europe.
How do I handle the passport presentation to immigration officers in Nigeria, Europe and America? Do I have to present the 2 to Immigration guys in Naija and in Europe? When leaving Europe, do I have to present the two?
Please your advice is required. Preferably someone that had similar experience.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Maspice: 6:21pm On May 28, 2023
MosakuAW:

Hello All

I made visa payment in July 2021 for myself, wife and kid. I try looking for date since then, I couldn't.

Is this Visa fee still valid in 2023? It will be 2years in July 2023 since I made payment. Thanks in anticipation for replies.

Yes the VIsa fee is still valid till Sept 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MosakuAW(m): 8:49pm On May 28, 2023
Maspice:

Yes the VIsa fee is still valid till Sept 2023

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2023
babs4all:
Good day great people. Please I need guidance. I have a valid Schengen visa on a passport that will expire in October. I just got my US visa on my new passport. I will be travelling in July to Europe and travel to America from Europe.
How do I handle the passport presentation to immigration officers in Nigeria, Europe and America? Do I have to present the 2 to Immigration guys in Naija and in Europe? When leaving Europe, do I have to present the two?
Thanks
You mean you have 2 active Nigeria passport or 2 different passport from 2 different countries?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 10:56pm On May 28, 2023
seyewest:

You mean you have 2 active Nigeria passport or 2 different passport from 2 different countries?
Two active Nigerian passports. Since one is allowed to renew his passport 6 months to expiration. Besides, I could only apply for a US visa with a passport with minimum of 6 months validity
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 11:11pm On May 28, 2023
babs4all:

Two active Nigerian passports. Since one is allowed to renew his passport 6 months to expiration. Besides, I could only apply for a US visa with a passport with minimum of 6 months validity

the older one should have been cancelled once the new one was activated but this is Nigeria. for your travels attach both passports with rubber band and present both at immigration

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hunee: 11:42pm On May 28, 2023
I wanted to reply him , but got suprised inbetween undecided Carrying two valid passports with separate visas can raise brows, but like you said, this is Nigeria. Use rubberband for both, and present to immigration as you are traveling. safe trip
aaidel:

the older one should have been cancelled once the new one was activated but this is Nigeria. for your travels attach both passports with rubber band and present both at immigration
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:17am On May 29, 2023
babs4all:
Thanks

If you know an immigration officer call and ask. I was recently informed it is wrong to have two valid passports. The old one should be stamped canceled. It doesn't mean the visa is canceled. Better go to an immigration office to clear this so you don't have issues when you want to board.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 2:20am On May 29, 2023
Dansakimotors:
Sorry bro !!

Thats why i always advise keeping the archive of your application before submitting. I aways do . (i have the 2012, 2018 and even the 2023 application stored in my mail box). The 1st time i was issued Visa was in 2013 after 4 attempt. I wld remember while i was with the VO she did make inquiry on some of my answers in my previous application. Meaning, they all have your responses stored in their archives. Thats why i aways advice people to be as truthful as possible (as truth can never be wrong) and if you have to lie, stick with the lie cos all your responses are stored for future references.

Since you cant remember, just be prayerful that the VO attending to you is not that detailed. Wish you all the best bro.

Bottom line is just be truthful. I don't archive mine cos everything filled is πŸ’― truth. A VO has once commended me for being honest. She went inside and verified everything I wrote and said.
Please guys no matter how challenging it is just stick to the truth. It will help you years down the line.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:32am On May 29, 2023
babs4all:
Thanks

I don't think you will have any issues. I'm sure the old passport has "cancelled without prejudice" stamped on it. The fact you also have an active visa in the old passport means you should always carry it with the new one. Simply go with both passports always. The border officer can always flip through both passports and find any information they need. For whichever country you are travelling to, just present the visa in whatever passport to the border patrol and keep it moving, if any questions come up simply say you have a new passport as well and show them.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phakabir06: 5:30am On May 29, 2023
Good morning, please my son has regular appointments interview in the next two weeks. He is a minor, is it necessary for me to take him along. He is just 4 years old that wont be needing a biometrics.

Please I need a response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 6:32am On May 29, 2023
I have a question guys.

I have gotten I-20 from School A, paid SEVIS fee, submitted ds-160, gotten an initial date for visa interview, but yet to request for Emergency.

I am about to receive I-20 from School B. Once I get the I-20, how can I use it instead for the visa interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by drafrican: 8:27am On May 29, 2023
Good morning pls when trying to do IW I keep getting a reply that my request to schedule an appointment has been recieved and I will get an email once my request is approved am unable to proceed to the calendar for a date pls is this normal and if yes how long do I have to wait for the email.
Pls an urgent reply will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:16am On May 29, 2023
drafrican:
Good morning pls when trying to do IW I keep getting a reply that my request to schedule an appointment has been recieved and I will get an email once my request is approved am unable to proceed to the calendar for a date pls is this normal and if yes how long do I have to wait for the email.
Pls an urgent reply will be appreciated.

Yes it is normal. The email can take some time to appear 9tpially around 24-28hrs). Once you get the email , the link will be included in the email and then you can choose a date & time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:19am On May 29, 2023
Demzy4:
I have a question guys.

I have gotten I-20 from School A, paid SEVIS fee, submitted ds-160, gotten an initial date for visa interview, but yet to request for Emergency.

I am about to receive I-20 from School B. Once I get the I-20, how can I use it instead for the visa interview?

Just fill a new ds160, update the school B's school code and also update your new ds160 number in your visa scheduling profile. Also for your sevis, do a transfer to school B on the same site you got your sevis coupon (fmjee).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Demzy4: 10:32am On May 29, 2023
Thank you very much.

could you clarify what you mean by "update the school B's school code"?

nelem:

Just fill a new ds160, update the school B's school code and also update your new ds160 number in your visa scheduling profile. Also for your sevis, do a transfer to school B on the same site you got your sevis coupon (fmjee).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by drafrican: 12:06pm On May 29, 2023
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by drafrican: 12:08pm On May 29, 2023
nelem:

Yes it is normal. The email can take some time to appear 9tpially around 24-28hrs). Once you get the email , the link will be included in the email and then you can choose a date & time.

Pls I did this since Wednesday no response.
Should I be worried and am a lil anxious about getting a date too
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 12:58pm On May 29, 2023
Phakabir06:
Good morning, please my son has regular appointments interview in the next two weeks. He is a minor, is it necessary for me to take him along. He is just 4 years old that wont be needing a biometrics.

Please I need a response

You are supposed to go with him. It is a must until he turns 18. That's when he can attend interviews alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aaidel(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2023
hunee:
I wanted to reply him , but got suprised inbetween undecided Carrying two valid passports with separate visas can raise brows, but like you said, this is Nigeria. Use rubberband for both, and present to immigration as you are traveling. safe trip

i dont argue anything in nigeria because anything can be done and undone but thats his only option really
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 2:25pm On May 29, 2023
babs4all:
Thanks
Present both always, since you still had a valid Shengen visa on the other passport with less than 6 months validity. The immigration will only stamp on the new passport for admittance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jomonix: 2:33pm On May 29, 2023
For the Dropbox interview waiver option, what documents are you expected to bring for the interview. Will appreciate anyone with an answer, please πŸ™
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 2:36pm On May 29, 2023
Jomonix:
For the Dropbox interview waiver option, what documents are you expected to bring for the interview. Will appreciate anyone with an answer, please πŸ™

You mean submission or interview ? Cos for drop box it’s submission which u need the confirmation page that has your application barcode, a passport pic (usa standard ) , your payment receipt and your passport with the expired visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 2:36pm On May 29, 2023
Jomonix:
And the one that has your appointment date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jomonix: 2:41pm On May 29, 2023
millyscent:

You mean submission or interview ? Cos for drop box it’s submission which u need the confirmation page that has your application barcode, a passport pic (usa standard ) , your payment receipt and your passport with the expired visa

I mean interview actually.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 6:18pm On May 29, 2023
Jomonix:

I mean interview actually.
If I can remember well..cos I had it 2021. You need to go with all the stuffs u went with during your normal interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phakabir06: 8:26pm On May 29, 2023
flourishing247:

You are supposed to go with him. It is a must until he turns 18. That's when he can attend interviews alone.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Jomonix: 8:39pm On May 29, 2023
millyscent:

If I can remember well..cos I had it 2021. You need to go with all the stuffs u went with during your normal interview

OK thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:59am On May 30, 2023
drafrican:

Pls I did this since Wednesday no response.
Should I be worried and am a lil anxious about getting a date too

I don't think you should be. Just be patient it will come
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:59am On May 30, 2023
Demzy4:
Thank you very much.

could you clarify what you mean by "update the school B's school code"?

I meant when you fill a new ds160 also update the school B's code as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by brisibedoreen(f): 4:10am On May 30, 2023
Questions

1. Between Etsu and New Haven, which is more reputable with high prospect, gained admission in both but Etsu is more expensive?

2.Why does my CGI dash board for scheduling interview NOT WAIVER still saying No appointment is currently scheduled, when I keep scheduling ,it keeps saying Application under review...? Did I do any thing wrong , What can I do cos I need a date soonest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (438) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.