Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (932164 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (437) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lamabel:
Hi Everyone,

I need your opinion, especially visa gurus in the house. My parents were recently denied their visit visa to come for my graduation in the US.
To put it in context,
My dad has not traveled before; however, my mum has been to the US three times, but her visa expired in 2018, so she could not do Dropbox again. She has applied again twice (alone), and this recent denial with my dad is the third one.
She used 179 days during her second visit to the US, and I think that is why they kept denying her because they always asked what she was doing for that long all three times, she was denied.

I want to apply for them again next year and was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve their chances.

Nothing you can do
As you stated she stayed 179 days on her previous visit. Her answers to that is what they want to know. Yes you are permitted to stay up to 180 days but after 90days that your record go begin dey suspect
If she doesn't want to give a reason or her reason doesn't seem tenable then you might just have to wait it out till a VO thinks differently.

Besides she can travel anywhere to visit or you can travel to see her.in Nigeria. That's probably how they would assess it.

Your Dad can reapply on his own alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2023
DrHippocampus:

Hi, good day. Please why shouldn't one mention anything or anyone that has to be a US citizen? My dad's brother is a citizen and I'll be going for an exam in the US. I plan on staying with him for my short stay of less than one week in the US. I shouldn't mention this if I'm asked where I'll be staying?

If you are asked where you will stay then answer. They won't ask you whether the person is a US citizen or not. And if they do ask his citizenship say you don't know which is true..abi did he show you his US passport.

If this issue bothers you so much then book hotel/ Airbnb and put those details in your form and answer that question if it comes up.

But you can not fill something in your form DS160 and then deny it when you are asked during your interview.

Non immigrant visa holders have to prove they do NOT have immigrant intent.
You need more reasons to return back to Nigeria than to stay back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
Lamabel:
Hi Everyone,

I need your opinion, especially visa gurus in the house. My parents were recently denied their visit visa to come for my graduation in the US.
To put it in context,
My dad has not traveled before; however, my mum has been to the US three times, but her visa expired in 2018, so she could not do Dropbox again. She has applied again twice (alone), and this recent denial with my dad is the third one.
She used 179 days during her second visit to the US, and I think that is why they kept denying her because they always asked what she was doing for that long all three times, she was denied.

I want to apply for them again next year and was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve their chances.

I used almost same number of days in 2018 and when i reapplied in 2023 I got it.

I think if she had replied that she was recuperating from a job stress related job it might sound plausible for her to stay that long a time.

There probably was a red flag in her form hence the refusal.

Or they just didn't want to give as per the quota for the day already filled.

That's why giving the form to be filled by a visa assistant gives clarity. We see stuff you would not ordinarily see as a problem.

Best of luck on your applications for your parents next year.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2023
Pls guys

I tracked my drop box and it’s showing 2021. Meanwhile I submitted 20th of October 2023. The application number is correct. Any explanation pls ?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
Dodo08:

yes.

So strange. Please go through her transcript very well. She must have given an "off" answer somewhere.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:42am On Nov 01, 2023
USA have started canceling appointment again kindly check your email

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by millyscent: 6:16am On Nov 01, 2023
millyscent:
Pls guys

I tracked my drop box and it’s showing 2021. Meanwhile I submitted 20th of October 2023. The application number is correct. Any explanation pls ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:46am On Nov 01, 2023
Pls can Ds160 form already fill over 6 months be use to attend appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chifumnanya: 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2023
Hi guys,

Please does anyone know how long it takes to get another date after a denial? I had my F1 interview very recently in Lagos and I was denied. I already paid another MRV fees to get a date in Abuja but when I click on the previously denied section there are no available appointments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Francesr: 4:36pm On Nov 01, 2023
I booked my appointment for US Visa Interview in February 2021 and my appointment date is 2 January 2024. Please do I need to pay another MRV fees of update my DS 160 form before the interview date??.

Also, my surname used to book the appointment is missing one last Alphabet, Do I leave it or do an Affidat??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2023
pufframmy:

How cancel ke. Me that still trying get date in 2024 I can’t find it’s 2025 I’m getting
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammyzeal007(m): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2023
FancyFace5:

Please how do I join the telegram group?
Please I will like to join .. been looking for date at London embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2023
Francesr:
I booked my appointment for US Visa Interview in February 2021 and my appointment date is 2 January 2024. Please do I need to pay another MRV fees of update my DS 160 form before the interview date??.

2021 to 2024?Haba, that's too far. There were dates for earlier dates ke? I don't think you need to pay another MRV fees.

Also, my surname used to book the appointment is missing one last Alphabet, Do I leave it or do an Affidat??

Mail them about the missing alphabet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Francesr: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Mail them about the missing alphabet.

Okay thank you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 11:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Hello Good people. How soo can someone get appointment date from the UK?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MaryAndrews: 4:58am On Nov 03, 2023
It's advisable to fill a new one.
There's an option of uploading details from the old one when you log in and begin the process.

pufframmy:
Pls can Ds160 form already fill over 6 months be use to attend appointment
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
pufframmy:

You are right o.

Only one of my client had theirs cancelled.

What is the criteria used though 🤔?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by otedola1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2023
pufframmy:
Those mad people then cancelled mine too, after waiting for long
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 8:32pm On Nov 03, 2023
October 2024 date is available anyone who needs it to go book it down asap

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 12:24am On Nov 04, 2023
Hello pls can you share your mail address

quote author=hadigun post=119797061]

Not hard.

I applied for a visiting visa alongside my family in December 2022. Got appointment date for January 6, 2023. VISA APPROVED with no document requested. Grace followed me sha. I’m on a student visa in the Uk. Though I’ve finished studying but my BRP is still valid. For another 2months.

Go to the US site. Apply and include a genuine purpose for travelling. Get a date for appointment and get in touch. I might help [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 12:39am On Nov 04, 2023
Hello pls how can you help me out asper the us visa app,I need some information from you .

hadigun:

Not hard.

I applied for a visiting visa alongside my family in December 2022. Got appointment date for January 6, 2023. VISA APPROVED with no document requested. Grace followed me sha. I’m on a student visa in the Uk. Though I’ve finished studying but my BRP is still valid. For another 2months.

Go to the US site. Apply and include a genuine purpose for travelling. Get a date for appointment and get in touch. I might help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 6:59am On Nov 04, 2023
Enishit:

For others who might not understand this is how it looks like but the appointment confirmation page must be presented at the Dhl drop off center which is either Ikeja or Isolo . No other place is allowed in lagos
good morning my good ppl pls how can I change my principal applicant
My number is 08056137608 pls any assistance
I made a mistake when filling ND av choose date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning everyone
Pls how can I change my primary applicant I made a mistakes I
I av choosing a date already
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2023
Good morning my ppl
Pls I made a mistake when submit
My wife supposed to be primary applicant
But I mistakenly use myself
Pls do help me my number is 08056137608
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 9:30am On Nov 04, 2023
DrHippocampus:

Hi, good day. Please why shouldn't one mention anything or anyone that has to be a US citizen? My dad's brother is a citizen and I'll be going for an exam in the US. I plan on staying with him for my short stay of less than one week in the US. I shouldn't mention this if I'm asked where I'll be staying?
You should mention him. There's certain things that you cannot easily take back after it's done. One is hiding the fact that you have family in the US.

A relative skipped to mention that he had a brother with kids in the US in order not to "complicate" his application. Funny thing was that the interview centered around his relative he refused to mention 😄.

The V.O kept asking him if he wasn't going to see his nieces and nephews but he kept denying since he had decided to stick to his story. He said the V.O just shook her head and denied him.

Now he has to reapply and state that he has a sibling there and he is cracking his head as to how to explain why he omitted that in the first place.

Gather as much information from your relative before the interview. If you don't have all the answers about your relative you can simply say so.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2023
lol dont mind them

q
otedola1:

Those mad people then cancelled mine too, after waiting for long
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2023
only God know o
PeachtreeReside:

You are right o.

Only one of my client had theirs cancelled.

What is the criteria used though 🤔?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
pufframmy:
only God know o

The dates cancelled were for the 13th of November.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrHippocampus: 6:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
NothingDoMe:
You should mention him. There's certain things that you cannot easily take back after it's done. One is hiding the fact that you have family in the US.

A relative skipped to mention that he had a brother with kids in the US in order not to "complicate" his application. Funny thing was that the interview centered around his relative he refused to mention 😄.

The V.O kept asking him if he wasn't going to see his nieces and nephews but he kept denying since he had decided to stick to his story. He said the V.O just shook her head and denied him.

Now he has to reapply and state that he has a sibling there and he is cracking his head as to how to explain why he omitted that in the first place.

Gather as much information from your relative before the interview. If you don't have all the answers about your relative you can simply say so.

Thank you. This resonates with me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Good evening all
Pls how can someone boost account
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
Shemadex:
Good evening all
Pls how can someone boost account

Don't bother, they will definitely find out. Most times they don't ask you about your account.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 12:57am On Nov 05, 2023
Fill a new application, this is because your application submission date needs to be within 6months of your interview date.

Once you are done, go to the scheduling link and change your DS 160 number.

HotChoco2:
Hello,

I apologise for quoting this post. I can't remember how to compose a fresh post.

My daughter and I applied for a visiting visa last year and our interview date is January 2024. The problem is, the passports we used to apply have expired and we have renewed but i dont know how to update the new passport details on the application.

I would appreciate of someone can help with this.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (437) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Blackfinegirl(f), Reddfox(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.