Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,220 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930717 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BlessedABee: 1:10am On Nov 05, 2023
If you have an immediate family in the US, you would have included it in your application. If I remember correctly, it is one of the questions they ask. The person should be prepared to answer the questions truthfully.

babyfaiz:
Well, you can. From experiences of people, it can sometimes complicate things . They’ll begin to ask you questions about the person - when last you saw him, is he a citizen? How did he get is citizenship? Is he the one sponsoring you? Most importantly, they think, with you having a US citizen relation, it can make it easy for you to immigrate. It’s always good to avoid that part if you can, otherwise be ready to defend whatever questions asked about the person. Note - I make this response not as a US visa expert but drawn from personal and other people’s experiences
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shemadex(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2023
flourishing247:

Don't bother, they will definitely find out. Most times they don't ask you about your account.
thank u very much sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 10:55am On Nov 05, 2023
Hey !

Your momsy has good travel history, and i think she was supposed to get the visa. In her interview excerpt which you posted , it is apparent that FINANCE is the reason the VO denied her . Again, money might not accurately answers some questions well. Let her reapply ... possibly choose another location, increased her income and work very well on her DS 160. Cheers !!

[color=#006600][/color]
Dodo08:
Hi guys,

SO my mom was denied her visa today at the Lagos consulate. Her reason to visit the US is to attend my graduation in December. I She was only asked two questions, what she does and how much she earns.
She is a business woman and in her ds160, it was filled that she earns #500,000. So she answered that she makes a minimum of #500,000 in a month and sales may go as high as #1million in some months.
The VO asked her about her income twice and told her she's not capable to visit with that amount and gave her a blue paper.
I really want her to attend my graduation guys, please I'll appreciate if anyone can propose a solution that can increase her chance if she was to reapply before December.
Thankyou.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2023
Hey !

Let your parents reapply together , they are husband and wife so don't be discouraged. Momsy should give good reason why she stayed in the US for those period at a go and she should let the VO realise that this time her husband (your dad) is a very busy man in Nigeria . Popsy on the other hand should buttress his wife by giving the impression to the VO that they won't be over staying . Work on their DS 160s very well . Also change interview location for them if possible. Be positive..they will get it this time .

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2023
Hey !

This is B1/B2 section...all the same why not cool down and work towards re attending your F1 visa interview with advanced preparation ? Don't rush ...stay put on your current appointment and have your school in the US send another Form I 20 to you perhaps Summer / Fall 2024 entry ? Fill another DS 160 and update it on your CGI profile . Cool down ehn ...go and prepare ..you will get your visa this time .

Chifumnanya:
Hi guys,

Please does anyone know how long it takes to get another date after a denial? I had my F1 interview very recently in Lagos and I was denied. I already paid another MRV fees to get a date in Abuja but when I click on the previously denied section there are no available appointments.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NewBoyKhashoggi(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2023
Hey !

You do not need a medical examination to apply for a B1/B2 visiting or F1 student visa at the US embassy I am 100% sure on this . Also , there is nothing like buying appointment slots at the US embassy. Your agent can only apply for emergency visa interview for you if what you are going for is proven to deserve that. Medical examination before issuance of visa only applies to Canada and some other countries. Be careful !

Viridis:

Please how much does one need to start applying for the visiting visa to USA

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neduk2(m): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2023
Hello please, i have a brother in the US who wants to invite me,he is a US citizen and works with US Army. Please i want to ask if i have a good chance if i apply?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mercyaakan: 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2023
Reach4theStars:
Email us for 2023 appointment assistance

Pls check, I've emailed you. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2023
Neduk2:
Hello please, i have a brother in the US who wants to invite me,he is a US citizen and works with US Army. Please i want to ask if i have a good chance if i apply?

What will guarantee at least 80% success is your tie in Nigeria. That's always their focus. What is that thing that will bring you back after your visit. If you can answer this question them go ahead and apply. Also how did your brother travel? This will also determine the outcome of your interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 4:37am On Nov 06, 2023
Chefyemc:

Hello pls how can you help me out asper the us visa app,I need some information from you .

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 4:39am On Nov 06, 2023
meljoe:
Good afternoon, please can I send an email so you can put m through please

Pls have you heard from him,I really wanna find out about the way to about it

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Neduk2(m): 8:13am On Nov 06, 2023
flourishing247:

What will guarantee at least 80% success is your tie in Nigeria. That's always their focus. What is that thing that will bring you back after your visit. If you can answer this question them go ahead and apply. Also how did your brother travel? This will also determine the outcome of your interview.

Thanks for your response, i have a well paying job over here and also my brother traveled through student route. Hope that won't be a problem during the interview ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omah01: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2023
Good morning house. Please I need direction on applying for a visiting visa for a family of 4 to our elder brother in the US.

Do we have to fill different Ds160s or we fill just one and add others as travel companions?

Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2023
meljoe:
Good afternoon, please can I send an email so you can put m through please

Pls have you heard from him,I really wanna find out how he did the whole thing

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2023
Omah01:
Good morning house. Please I need direction on applying for a visiting visa for a family of 4 to our elder brother in the US.

Do we have to fill different Ds160s or we fill just one and add others as travel companions?

Thank you.

Different DS160 forms.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2023
Neduk2:

Thanks for your response, i have a well paying job over here and also my brother traveled through student route. Hope that won't be a problem during the interview ?

To be honest, how your US Contact got to the US is not a concern for them.

Establish your economic, financial and family ties to Nigeria .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bershyr: 11:59am On Nov 06, 2023
Hello, guys greeting to you all. Please I have a question and I would appreciate it if someone from this family could help out.
I secured admission to one of the schools in the U.S. and my program starts on Jan 18th 2024. But I was able to secure an interview date for Jan. 25 2024, which is not favorable.
So I requested for EA after submitting my reasons for the EA and attaching my I-20, however I haven't pay my sevis fee when I made the request. 1 days later I got an email "You have received the following message regarding your Emergency/Group scheduling request:

Sevis fee payment is not yet reflected". Now I have made the sevis fee payment, please I want to know if my EA is still under consideration, as they haven't email me back ye.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bershyr: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2023
Hello, I applied for EA prior to paying for my semis fee, and I got this email reply "You have received the following message regarding your Emergency/Group scheduling request: Sevis fee payment is not yet reflected".

Now I have paid my semis fee and I am still waiting for reply. Nothing has come in. Please advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Viridis(m): 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2023
NewBoyKhashoggi:
Hey !

You do not need a medical examination to apply for a B1/B2 visiting or F1 student visa at the US embassy I am 100% sure on this . Also , there is nothing like buying appointment slots at the US embassy. Your agent can only apply for emergency visa interview for you if what you are going for is proven to deserve that. Medical examination before issuance of visa only applies to Canada and some other countries. Be careful !

Thank u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lawrins: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2023
Good afternoon all. Please I want to ask if someone living in the UK not yet a citizen but usung BRP want to travel to the US on vacation is there any validity the BRP must have before going to the US? For example if you want to go to Schegen countries from the UK your BRP or visa in the UK must have 3 months validity. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2023
bershyr:
Hello, I applied for EA prior to paying for my semis fee, and I got this email reply "You have received the following message regarding your Emergency/Group scheduling request: Sevis fee payment is not yet reflected".

Now I have paid my semis fee and I am still waiting for reply. Nothing has come in. Please advice

Ask other us bound students
There is a thread for us student visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Prettystan: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Hello everyone!
Please can anyone add me the WhatsApp or telegram group for f1 visa interview transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Omah01: 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

Different DS160 forms.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chicadedieu: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2023
Family of four: Father, Mother, Daughter and Son.
First Time Applicants.
Tourist visit only.

Greetings everyone.
I understand that a family has to do separate DS-160 forms.
Please can anyone enlighten me about the process of getting interview dates?
1. Are we going to have one date for everyone? Or we have to take individual interview dates?
2. Does anyone have an idea of how long the wait period is for an interview date?
3. Do we need to book a hotel? I ask because if the interview date is way past our intended travel dates? What do we do with the hotel reservation?

Thank you for your time and clarifications.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chefyemc: 4:11am On Nov 07, 2023
lawrins:
Good afternoon all. Please I want to ask if someone living in the UK not yet a citizen but usung BRP want to travel to the US on vacation is there any validity the BRP must have before going to the US? For example if you want to go to Schegen countries from the UK your BRP or visa in the UK must have 3 months validity. Thank you.

Hello am in uk ,pls can I ask you a few questions about the application, pls can I email u
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

To be honest, how your US Contact got to the US is not a concern for them.

Establish your economic, financial and family ties to Nigeria .

What!! It does reflect on one's interview.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 6:53am On Nov 07, 2023
Neduk2:

It won't be a problem. Just stick to what you filled in your form. Be honest about your answers and intention. That's all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PeachtreeReside(f): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2023
flourishing247:

At all! Asking how they got their US citizenship is not anyone's business .

All they ask are based on what you filled in your form I.e your economic and family ties here in Nigeria.

You can of course ask their status in the US but not how they got that status.

It is not what many discuss anyways.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lawrins: 9:58am On Nov 07, 2023
Chefyemc:

Hello am in uk ,pls can I ask you a few questions about the application, pls can I email u

tayoololo@yahoo.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
PeachtreeReside:

At all! Asking how they got their US citizenship is not anyone's business .

All they ask are based on what you filled in your form I.e your economic and family ties here in Nigeria.

You can of course ask their status in the US but not how they got that status.

It is not what many discuss anyways.

The officer knows how they got their status by their pre checks and they usually don’t ask the person they’re interviewing because they already have their answers and yes I can say for a fact that it does affect, if they don’t find out the first time they will find out later.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2023
flourishing247:

I’m even very sure it affects I can’t just be saying stories on a public forum. It affects very very well, if they don’t link it now they’ll link it during future renewal. Even if they fill another point of US contact they will still catch them

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Codeblues(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.