Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (930376 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (436) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Niveakreamy89: 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2021
Congratulations to your mom. I tap into this news amen… God will be with me on that day Amen������
pufframmy:
congratulation

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2021
africana10:
Hello all,
I have a question about POE interview…
A family member is traveling to the US next week on a B2 visa that’s going to expire at the end of October 2021. Duration of stay according to ticket booked is 4 1/2 months cause she’s visiting her daughter who is scheduled to give birth in the US.
Will the length of stay present any problems at POE? ( especially considering the fact that her visa is set to expire in less than a month from entry?)
What should her response be if asked how long she is staying for?
Would appreciate your ideas, opinions and suggestions.
Thanks!

She may not have any issue at all.
The visa gives her the right to arrive at any US border on or before the expiry date. The duration of stay may exceed the expiry date of the visa.
Its the date stamped on her passport that forms her I94 profile that matters. Its usually 6 months. If there is any concern they have at POE, the they annotate the passport with NOAS, NEOS etc etc.
If she's an elderly citizen, which I suspect she is, gong to tend to her daughter and birth of her grandchild, she will be fine.
What is her age (range) and status of the daughter? These are the only things that may come in play with CBP...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
TheEnforcer:
Did she tell them that she was gonna stay for 4months at the interview? YOU have to be consistent with your story. The duration of stY on the ticket should be the same she filled on her application. And I highly doubt she will have gotten the Visa if she told them she was gonna stay for that period.

Judging by the expiration of the visa in Oct 2021, the visa was definitely gotten in Oct 2019, hence I don't think s/he might remember this particular answer given for this question.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2021
kaffy4tope:
The latest date now is December 2023. shocked

How do you guys get early dates?

i saw april 2023 now, abuja. am wondering if anyone has tried selecting these dates and later loggen in and tried to effect a date change/was able to see earlier dates??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ozzy15: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
megastu:
I did yoyou get an email for cancellation? Mine is Wednesday i haven't received any email.

understand they want to investigate the massive heist of appointment dates that happened this year. Appointments were selling as high as N600,000 per slot.

I booked genuinely in January and got August 20th or so then 2 weeks before my appointment they cancelled it. Meanwhile, people were paying 100k today to get dates for next week. Nigeria problem plenty sha.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dddluv2021: 2:57am On Oct 02, 2021
House ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo plz help.............

Hello friends, Please I need advise on what to do regarding my mom's Ds-160 application form. I lost my dad some years back and am supposed to fill in 1908 as his year of birth, but the ds-160 form currently is not taking any year lower than 1911. Note there is no option of Do not know on the date of birth. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2021
Dddluv2021:

Hello friends, Please I need advise on what to do regarding my mom's Ds-160 application form. I lost my dad some years back and am supposed to fill in 1908 as his year of birth, but the ds-160 form currently is not taking any year lower than 1911. Note there is no option of Do not know on the date of birth. Thanks

Send an email to usinnigeria for clarification
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2021
fkj950ax:

The visa gives her the right to arrive at any US border on or before the expiry date. The duration of stay may exceed the expiry date of the visa.
Its the date stamped on her passport that forms her I94 profile that matters. Its usually 6 months. If there is any concern they have at POE, the they annotate the passport with NOAS, NEOS etc etc.
If she's an elderly citizen, which I suspect she is, gong to tend to her daughter and birth of her grandchild, she will be fine.
What is her age (range) and status of the daughter? These are the only things that may come in play with CBP...

You're right and this is what will happen, I would also suggest she answers what was asked at POE, I believe everything will be fine.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2021
Dddluv2021:

In the case that do no know is not an option on the form, I will advise you to call the embassy for clarification.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2021
We are back to normal service on this page..... It feel good to be back... Just so you know, everything is free here. cheesy grin wink cool kiss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2021
ogagusps3:
I have a US visa interview next week in Abuja for a b1/b2 visa.
Can I please get a list of docs I need for this process?
I'm particularly worried cus I no longer have access to the gtb receipt I used to pay for the interview.
Please did your interview in Abuja still hold or was it cancelled? I have mine scheduled for a few weeks in Abuja that’s why I’m asking
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
seyewest:
We are back to normal service on this page..... It feel good to be back... Just so you know, everything is free here. cheesy grin wink cool kiss

Wetin bin happen before? Was "normal service" disrupted?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please am filling my ds-160 form and they ask about my salary I filled it out but it said accepted only number (0-9) someone should please explain it for me�����
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please house have completed my ds-160 for
Please what next for me to do? please I will pay visa fee before booking appointments first or book appointments first before paying visa fee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godlives1: 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good evening House,

I intend applying for US visit visa for myself, my wife and 2 children . It's our first time though, no travel history. A friend, who's a citizen, is sending us invitation and his bank statement. He said he would State that he's hosting us and taking care of the bills. I'm employed and would include my bank statement

1. Is this application good at this time, considering the backlogs?
2. Is my employment status enough as home tie?
3. What documents are of utmost importance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please how can I book visa appointment from Dubai please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 11:58pm On Oct 02, 2021
Godlives1:
Good evening House,

I intend applying for US visit visa for myself, my wife and 2 children . It's our first time though, no travel history. A friend, who's a citizen, is sending us invitation and his bank statement. He said he would State that he's hosting us and taking care of the bills. I'm employed and would include my bank statement

Honestly!! That's a big red flag. If you can't afford a holiday why apply for a visa. Except na Japa moves. The VO won't even look at your passport twice if you say your friend is taking care of your Bill's over there. Please go through this thread and learn something.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
Godlives1:
Good evening House,

That is irrelevant. The visa officer only cares about you.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 5:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Oolatech:
Please house have completed my ds-160 for
Please what next for me to do? please I will pay visa fee before booking appointments first or book appointments first before paying visa fee?

You pay first, b4 you can be able to book appointments.

Oolatech:
Please how can I book visa appointment from Dubai please

You can only book appointments from a country you are a citizen or have valid stay.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godlives1: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2021
Many thanks for this info.

flourishing247:

Honestly!! That's a big red flag. If you can't afford a holiday why apply for a visa. Except na Japa moves. The VO won't even look at your passport twice if you say your friend is taking care of your Bill's over there. Please go through this thread and learn something.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godlives1: 7:43am On Oct 03, 2021

But what about the other questions? My employment as home tie and if this is a right time to apply.

flourishing247:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godlives1: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2021
Thanks @TWoods

TWoods:

That is irrelevant. The visa officer only cares about you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 03, 2021
£$
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tunddy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2021
pls how can I solve this issue on my profile, I booked for an appointment since 2019 and it keeps showing me that no appointment date yet
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:58am On Oct 04, 2021
Godlives1:

But what about the other questions? My employment as home tie and if this is a right time to apply.

Your employment is not a strong enough home tie. Unless you're in an executive job that pays you millions a month or a high-ranking[b][/b] government official, you can easily find a higher-paying job illegally in the US. This is especially important because you are traveling with your REAL HOME TIES - your wife and kids.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
africana10:
Hello all,
I have a question about POE interview…
A family member is traveling to the US next week on a B2 visa that’s going to expire at the end of October 2021. Duration of stay according to ticket booked is 4 1/2 months cause she’s visiting her daughter who is scheduled to give birth in the US.
Will the length of stay present any problems at POE? ( especially considering the fact that her visa is set to expire in less than a month from entry?)
What should her response be if asked how long she is staying for?
Would appreciate your ideas, opinions and suggestions.
Thanks!

Mama is going for omugo. Can she deliver foofoo to my brother in Taxas?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by africana10: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thanks for your response.
Her visa was gotten in 2019 and at that time when she travelled in December of that year, she told them she was traveling for 3 weeks which she abide by and came back within the timeframe. This is her second visit on that visa and she hasn’t been asked reason and timeframe for traveling this time around. That will be at POE.
TheEnforcer:
Did she tell them that she was gonna stay for 4months at the interview? YOU have to be consistent with your story. The duration of stY on the ticket should be the same she filled on her application. And I highly doubt she will have gotten the Visa if she told them she was gonna stay for that period.They will ask what are you gonna do for that lenght of time? Her visa expiring in a month from.entry is actually not a problem Z, but she should be prepared to be grilled by the CBP on entry on why she will be staying that long and she better have good answers for them. She should be prepared to be sent to secondary inspection.Generally its not a good idea to say you are gonna stay for months
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by africana10: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Thanks a lot for your response.
You’re right she’s an elderly citizen, in her 60s.
Her daughter is in the US legally so that’s not a problem.
Just wanted to know if the duration of stay can pose any issues and I think I got my answer.
Thanks again!

fkj950ax:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Starpro87(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2021
samuel321:
Good morning. I have a passport which expires on the 4th of May 2022 and according to the USA embassy rule, an applicant needs to come with a passport validity of 6months. If I go buy that rule, It means can't take the passport to the embassy after November 4th.

I was lucky to see a date last month December 8,but while picking it I didn't remember about the USA passport validity rule. Now I have done a passport renewal and gotten my passport already.

Will I be interviewed if I go with both passport, remember I paid my visa fee with the old passport number and by the time I'll go to the embassy it would have been over the validity date or I will have to pay another visa using the new passport number. Thank you

Please Fellas, urgent one.
Now that I have got my passport, what is the very next step to take in my japa process?

What type of visa should i go for and why?
Note I'm a newbie who has an invitation to the US. Please someone help do justice to my concerns.
Thank you all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
Oolatech:
Please am filling my ds-160 form and they ask about my salary I filled it out but it said accepted only number (0-9) someone should please explain it for me�����

Remove ,

200,000 should be 200000

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (436) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50