Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (948645 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (441) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Leleky: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
Oolatech:
Please house can I change my ds-160 application number after I book appointment? please anyone should please say somthing �
Seems everything has returned to normal? Appointment dates are gradually coming closer or its a special type of appointment date? I want to understand before I will go and make Payment believing I will get a date before July 2022.... please educate me,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
Leleky:

Seems everything has returned to normal? Appointment dates are gradually coming closer or its a special type of appointment date? I want to understand before I will go and make Payment believing I will get a date before July 2022.... please educate me,

I don't apply from Nigeria sir/ma!! I apply from Dubai but I heard available date for Nigeria is 2024 thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
nelem:

Sure you can fill a new ds160, then update the new number on the CGI profile (the site where you booked your appointment).
Ok thank you so much boss for the info really appreciate �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2021
Thanks you very much

Two red flags....

No travel history
No home tie,,,, family

Note. I'm not the VO who will make a decision, so my assertion might be wrong.
Good luck to you guys [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by biggybanking: 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
lordchosen:
I Believed the Reason was that your wife said she don't no anyone in US. your Interview went well. they Expect your wife to say yes since you have visited US couple of time.

I only visited once.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tunddy(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2021
pls how can I book for an emergency date to get appointment date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 4:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
tunddy:
pls how can I book for an emergency date to get appointment date

Google the website and get the info from the website
angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Eriokanmi: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Priceless200:
Someone told me US embassy in Nigeria is not attending to B1/B2 Applicants. Even if you have appointment dates. Is this true pls?
this is a fact lots of people don't know. I've been busy reading comments of people here about failure to book an appointment. Many said the next appointment date is mid 2022 which is a fact. Covid-19 is biting hard. Cases are soaring again. They just can't expressly shut down appointment site,. My cousin's student visa's appointment experience was a proof the staff at the embassy aren't working at full capacity yet. After his visa was approved a couple of months ago, he shared his experience on how scanty the embassy staff and visa officers were in number, same way banks and other companies still work from home.

All I'd advise is, people traveling with the intention of visit should wait till next year. Things would be reviewed soonest hopefully. I've been travelling to US since 2004 and appointment bookings s have never been so difficult as heard from people. Calm down guys. Everything would soon be alright

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Eriokanmi:
this is a fact lots of people don't know. I've been busy reading comments of people here about failure to book an appointment. Many said the next appointment date is mid 2022 which is a fact. Covid-19 is biting hard. Cases are soaring again. They just can't expressly shut down appointment site,. My cousin's student visa's appointment experience was a proof the staff at the embassy aren't working at full capacity yet. After his visa was approved a couple of months ago, he shared his experience on how scanty the embassy staff and visa officers were in number, same way banks and other companies still work from home.

All I'd advise is, people traveling with the intention of visit should wait till next year. Things would be reviewed soonest hopefully. I've been travelling to US since 2004 and appointment bookings s have never been so difficult as heard from people. Calm down guys. Everything would soon be alright

To add to your Points, One of the Requirement for visit visa is to Apply 3 months in advance before the intend date of travel. if you are booking appointment for June 2022 you already failed the basic requirements for visit visa. if the appointment date available is not within the 3 months then you have to wait.......Abeg what will be your answer if the Consular ask you why did you put in application in January and your interview date is December. Covid19 is not an excuse.......Stop booking appointment for 2022 most especially first timer.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspeed777: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2021
Please I’m a student in Europe but I want to move to the US..is it Possible and can someone put me through

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:45am On Oct 09, 2021
ogagusps3:
I have a US visa interview next week in Abuja for a b1/b2 visa.
Can I please get a list of docs I need for this process?
I'm particularly worried cus I no longer have access to the gtb receipt I used to pay for the interview.

pls hope they are no longer canceling interviews in abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dreamhighnow(m): 11:49am On Oct 09, 2021
please hope b1/b2 in abuja for interveiws for this sept, oct and november are not bn cancelled

Someone should answer me abeg
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Godspeed777: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2021
Godspeed777:
Please I’m a student in Europe but I want to move to the US..is it Possible and can someone put me through
someone reply me please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 3:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Godspeed777:
someone reply me please

Why do you wanna move?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lordchosen: 6:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Godspeed777:
someone reply me please

is possible depending on what your current school offers. check if your school offer exchange student nd you find a school in USA that Accept same.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gokoyer1401: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2021
Check my reply in study in us thread.
Godspeed777
post=106578681:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by proeast(m): 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
Please what type of Visa can I seek that will allow me to stay for 3 months or thereabouts in USA before returning back to Nigeria?

I have uncle and cousins over there that have papers and direct siblings that don't.

I only intend to stay genuinely for at least 3 months and wouldn't overstay since my wife and child are in Nigeria and won't be going with me. I also have a business in Nigeria I'm running.

N/B I have no travel history yet.

Help me with your advice please!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
proeast:
Please what type of Visa can I seek that will allow me to stay for 3 months or thereabouts in USA before returning back to Nigeria?

I have uncle and cousins over there that have papers and direct siblings that don't.

I only intend to stay genuinely for at least 3 months and wouldn't overstay since my wife and child are in Nigeria and won't be going with me. I also have a business in Nigeria I'm running.

N/B I have no travel history yet.

Help me with your advice please!!

Its a B1/B2 Visa.

But what will you tell the VO is the reason to be in the US for 90 days? How will you attend to your business in Nigeria while away?
How are you going to fund your feeding and accommodation for 90 days?

There is nothing wrong with seeking 90 days, but the probability of approval is extra slim.

Amd in your 3rd paragraph, you even qualified the 90 days with "at least."

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by proeast(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
fkj950ax:

Its a B1/B2 Visa.

But what will you tell the VO is the reason to be in the US for 90 days? How will you attend to your business in Nigeria while away?
How are you going to fund your feeding and accommodation for 90 days?

There is nothing wrong with seeking 90 days, but the probability of approval is extra slim.

Amd in your 3rd paragraph, you even qualified the 90 days with "at least."

Thanks so much for your response.

As per your questions, my brother in US advised me to come over and work within that 3 months during summer.

My wife will be in charge of my business until I come back.

I will be staying with either my brother or sister while there so accommodation and feeding is taking care of, besides I will be going with some money as well. However, reason to give for my 90 days stay is what I haven't figured out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by icedfire(m): 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
@justwise, I am trying to fill fill out application for my folks for a b1/b2 visa, and the "... For instruction and documents required for application..." Link on page 1,2,3, and 4 isn't working.

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrant_visas.html.

I know I am supposed to go through each of the thread from 1 to 4 to search for steps, but can you please edit the first page of thread 1,2,3,and 4 and add the instructions for those that want to fill out the form themselves. It will help people from asking random question and save time searching through threads for something as basic as the application process.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dreamhighnow(m): 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2021
please hope b1/b2 in abuja for interveiws for this sept, oct and november are not bn cancelled
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:25pm On Oct 10, 2021
proeast:

Thanks so much for your response.

As per your questions, my brother in US advised me to come over and work within that 3 months during summer.

My wife will be in charge of my business until I come back.

I will be staying with either my brother or sister while there so accommodation and feeding is taking care of, besides I will be going with some money as well. However, reason to give for my 90 days stay is what I haven't figured out.

Your brother is not honest with you. You need to have a deep conversation with him. Someone giving you zobo about work and travel will not accommodate and feed you for 90 days.
You cannot work in the US except you have work authorization or you are a citizen. A visit visa doesn't allow you to work. If you even get the visa and you are questioned at PoE, your visa will be canceled and you will be deported. 3 year ban will follow.
No company will even employ you without SSN or EAD.
This is grounds for the embassy to deny you and flag your profile for subsequent applications.
No VO will approve an application if your intention is to go and work for 3 months. And "Summer" is over. Its Fall going to Winter in the US right now.

You have the right to apply for any visa to the US, but there are conditions you must meet to get the visa approved. A visit visa is for holiday purposes. Not work.
There are work visas available for you to apply, but do you qualify. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wizard.html

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by nervorum: 3:51am On Oct 11, 2021
I need my mom to visit family in the US. She is presently visiting in the UK. Can she apply for US visa from the UK, or as a Nigerian, must necessarily travel back home and apply from there.

Any insights from experience is appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by proeast(m): 5:51am On Oct 11, 2021
fkj950ax:

Your brother is not honest with you. You need to have a deep conversation with him. Someone giving you zobo about work and travel will not accommodate and feed you for 90 days.
You cannot work in the US except you have work authorization or you are a citizen. A visit visa doesn't allow you to work. If you even get the visa and you are questioned at PoE, your visa will be canceled and you will be deported. 3 year ban will follow.
No company will even employ you without SSN or EAD.
This is grounds for the embassy to deny you and flag your profile for subsequent applications.
No VO will approve an application if your intention is to go and work for 3 months. And "Summer" is over. Its Fall going to Winter in the US right now.

You have the right to apply for any visa to the US, but there are conditions you must meet to get the visa approved. A visit visa is for holiday purposes. Not work.
There are work visas available for you to apply, but do you qualify. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wizard.html

He is my immediate elder brother so I don't think accommodating or feeding me for 90 days would be such an impossible sacrifice, even though I can still contribute.

He has been working in America just like many other Nigerians who are not citizens. He told me of different people he has met that came to America and worked for a few months before returning to Nigeria and they all came with either visiting or tourism visa. He has absolutely no reason not to be honest with me.

Of course, I won't tell them at POE that my intention was to work in the US, that will be foolish na. If summer is over, I can wait for another summer.

Thanks for your inputs, I'm not desperate anyways just that he told me about it during one of our conversations and I decided to research more on it. I will also check the link you provided.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2021
proeast:

He is my immediate elder brother so I don't think accommodating or feeding me for 90 days would be such an impossible sacrifice, even though I can still contribute.

He has been working in America just like many other Nigerians who are not citizens. He told me of different people he has met that came to America and worked for a few months before returning to Nigeria and they all came with either visiting or tourism visa. He has absolutely no reason not to be honest with me.

Of course, I won't tell them at POE that my intention was to work in the US, that will be foolish na. If summer is over, I can wait for another summer.

Thanks for your inputs, I'm not desperate anyways just that he told me about it during one of our conversations and I decided to research more on it. I will also check the link you provided.

No intention to malign your brother. Going to the USA to work with a tourist or visit visa is illegal and an abuse of the said visa.
Because people do it doesn't make it okay. I don't agree with your brother suggesting it to you, nor you considering it. This is a reason why visa application is difficult for Nigerians.
Thousands of people use the visit visa to get to the US, apply for Change of Status by getting admission, filing asylum or getting married in order to get papers to work and live there. (All of which is not illegal)
If you do get the visa, travel and work for 3 months, the renewal will be difficult because you will be asked to explain the 3 months and they will look to detect you working.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:33am On Oct 11, 2021
piscesnow:

Please did your interview in Abuja still hold or was it cancelled? I have mine scheduled for a few weeks in Abuja that’s why I’m asking

I have an interview in Abuja by oct. How was your interview? Hope they are not cancelling abuja b1b2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dreamhighnow(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2021
Anyone with September appointment in Abuja here?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bass7: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2021
Good day friends..

Please can someone help me with the website for USvisa application.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2021
proeast:

Do you think what you want to do is good? To be honest, you're one of the reason Nigerians are finding it hard to get U.S visit visa, you're not suppose to work on a visit visa, if people are doing it, it does not make it right, I know your grand plan is to move your family to the U.S, all this one is testing the ground.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by uchman(m): 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
seyewest:

Do you think what you want to do is good? To be honest, you're one of the reason Nigerians are finding it hard to get U.S visit visa, you're not suppose to work on a visit visa, if people are doing it, it does not make it right, I know your grand plan is to move your family to the U.S, all this one is testing the ground.

Oga rest abeg,
Why won’t he have intentions of bringing his family to America?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by proeast(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
seyewest:

"... you're one of the reasons Nigerians are finding it hard to get U.S visit visa..."

Really? You'rey so funny. Baming me already for something that has been in existence for long? Even when I'm yet to renew my expired passport, talk more of traveling.

If you think it's only Nigerians that are doing such, then the joke is on you. Mexicans, Filipinos, Indians, Jamaicans etc are doing it too. It is ethically wrong anyways, but even the Americans going elsewhere will beat the system to their advantage if there is no penalty. Westerners operating in Nigeria also involve in shady deals if they know they can get away with it. It is human nature and not an attribute of any particular race or ethnicity, just that some people due to economic advancement may not have the incentive to do so.

If my intention is to leave Nigeria for good with my family, I won't be going alone na.

It's not everyone that is desperate to get into America. It's only an idea someone told me which I may not even work on eventually.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
bass7:
Good day friends..

Please can someone help me with the website for USvisa application.

Thank you

www.ustraveldocs.com (For scheduling interview date)

www.ceac.state.gov ( for filling application form ds160)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (441) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Gbanis and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.