Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (928674 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dremca(m): 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Just visit the US embassy and ask them for a special form called FORM 4-19, after filling the form and being interviewed, your visa should be ready for pickup in 3days time.
Starpro87:

Please Fellas, urgent one.
Now that I have got my passport, what is the very next step to take in my japa process?

What type of visa should i go for and why?
Note I'm a newbie who has an invitation to the US. Please someone help do justice to my concerns.
Thank you all.[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2021
Dremca:
Just visit the US embassy and ask them for a special form called FORM 4-19, after filling the form and being interviewed, your visa should be ready for pickup in 3days time.

Is this not wickedness like this? LOL

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
Starpro87:

Now that I have got my passport, what is the very next step to take in my japa process?

Note I'm a newbie who has an invitation to the US. Please someone help do justice to my concerns.
Thank you all.[/b]

The highlighted word issa real problem.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Godlives1:
Many thanks for this info.

But what about the other questions? My employment as home tie and if this is a right time to apply.

Too many red flags. You do know that for anyone to afford a holiday to the US right now,the person must be a high income earner. You are planning to travel with your family. Multiply tickets at 500k per ticket X number of passengers. Then add money for expenses. Then tally it with your income. That's the answer to your question.
Be very sure this is what you want to do at this time before you make a move.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2021
Starpro87:

Thank you all.[/b]

You don't have an invitation to the US, you have a worthless piece of paper that will make zero difference when you go for your interview.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:26am On Oct 05, 2021
TWoods:

You don't have an invitation to the US, you have a worthless piece of paper that will make zero difference when you go for your interview.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2021
Please how can I book emergency date because there is no available date please help a brother should I visit the embassy or what please because I pick December 2021 as date of arrival but no available date till then please help me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 10:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Please house I pay my visa fee yesterday and I got the confirmation today... Is it possible to book appointments today as well?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Law481: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
Pls house what is the possibility of the final DS-160 number being different from the one used to book the appointment as stated at the beginning of this thread and how can one avoid that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Law481: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
Good Evening house, pls any advice on how I can pick an interview date around mid-November?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Use the final ds160 application I'd on the booking portal, edit it and print out confirmation appointment

Law481:
Pls house what is the possibility of the final DS-160 number being different from the one used to book the appointment as stated at the beginning of this thread and how can one avoid that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello everyone, has anyone (or you know anyone that has ) flown British Airways to the US recently, please what's the experience like

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mizjemie25: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
Please how much is visa fee now… where and how do I pay?

Do I fill the form before or after payment?

What’s the possibility of getting appointments between now and mid November via emergency route?

Please I need sincere answers as this will help me make a decision
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
nelem:

Hello everyone, has anyone (or you know anyone that has ) flown British Airways to the US recently, please what's the experience like
Thanks
You may want to take a rain check on BA.
You will transit through London and they aren't joking with COVID-19 test and countries cheating on vaccination certificates.
BA is a great airline. Good service. A couple of colleagues flew it 2019 to NY and they loved it.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
nelem:

Thanks

I think there is an embargo on flights form Europe especially if you are not a PR or citizen. Check the airlines rules. If you are flying from Nigeria use Delta direct. Qatar airline or Turkish.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Luksom: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2021
Pls I submitted my DS-160 form on September, and I’m waiting for my B1/B2 application approval ... I’m going as a group under church to US for tourism intended length of stay 2weeks .... pls what are the questions I should expect from the VO, and what documents do I need to get prepared, also what chances do I have for approval .....pls I’m just a Novice
Your reply will go along way...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Treyknowles(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2021
Hello,

My mum's appointment is in a few weeks, I'd like to know if the documents such as appointment confirmation has to be printed in colored or black and white.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2021
Coloured is much presentable and professional and preferable.

quote author=Treyknowles post=106493722]Hello,

My mum's appointment is in a few weeks, I'd like to know if the documents such as appointment confirmation has to be printed in colored or black and white. [/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Treyknowles(m): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2021
Christabeliciou:

My mum's appointment is in a few weeks, I'd like to know if the documents such as appointment confirmation has to be printed in colored or black and white.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Luksom:
Pls I submitted my DS-160 form on September, and I’m waiting for my B1/B2 application approval ... I’m going as a group under church to US for tourism intended length of stay 2weeks .... pls what are the questions I should expect from the VO, and what documents do I need to get prepared, also what chances do I have for approval .....pls I’m just a Novice
Your reply will go along way...

This is very confusing.
Submitting DS160 and waiting for approval of application is not how the whole thing works.
Have you paid?
Have you booked for appointment... what date did you get?

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Christabeliciou:

Either color or B/W is okay.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Treyknowles(m): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

Either color or B/W is okay.

OK thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Luksom: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

This is very confusing.
Submitting DS160 and waiting for approval of application is not how the whole thing works.
Have you paid?
Have you booked for appointment... what date did you get?

Yes I have paid, and I have booked appointment @ January 25, 2022.. pls what are the chances of getting visa since I’m going for tourism and I’m going under a group in church, and also what documents do I need to present to VO for successful approval ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by megastu(m): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
How do you guys get these close appointment dates?
Luksom:

Yes I have paid, and I have booked appointment @ January 25, 2022.. pls what are the chances of getting visa since I’m going for tourism and I’m going under a group in church, and also what documents do I need to present to VO for successful approval ?

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
Luksom:

Chances of getting the visa is 1 out of 2.
From discussions, its established the embassy pays attention to you as a person. Are you traveling as an economic immigrant or you genuinely want to go for the purpose you stated.
Do you have compelling reasons to return to Nigeria? A spouse, children, a job or business that earns you substantial income. What is the income of the household?
How many months of this income will the 2 weeks travel, plus airline cost?
Eg. Earn 100k/mth and you buy ticket 450k. Budget to spend about 500k in the 2 weeks. That's 950k which is 9 months salary. You have children and spouse. They ask for their age to know if in primary or secondary...)
You are going as a church group, how involved are you in this church activities that you are the one chosen. Is the church picking your bills. What are the likely severe impact of you not going to the church.
Is the whole 14 days for the church or just 3 days or 5 days? What are the plans for the other days?
Did you list a family or contact in your form? Is this a person or address that has featured a lot on other people's form?

Don't have the mindset of "preparing documents" or "presenting to the VO". If you have any documents you think will help, just take it along. But the VO doesn't have time to read anything at the interview. COVID-19 wont even allow them take things from people. You are expected to have stated the fact of these documents in your DS160.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
fkj950ax:

You may want to take a rain check on BA.
You will transit through London and they aren't joking with COVID-19 test and countries cheating on vaccination certificates.
BA is a great airline. Good service. A couple of colleagues flew it 2019 to NY and they loved it.

Thank you very much I appreciate.

flourishing247:

I think there is an embargo on flights from Europe especially if you are not a PR or citizen. Check the airlines rules. If you are flying from Nigeria use Delta direct. Qatar airline or Turkish.

Thank you very much. I will just stick with the options you mentioned.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by stevewrites(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hello guys,

I have a question that is really bothering me. I had my first visa interview in June this year (2021) and the second one September 2021. Unfortunately, I was denied both times.

I had already deferred the admission to Spring 2022. Which will start in January. I used emergency application to apply for my last visa interview (I.e. the one I have in September).

Can I also use EA to apply for another visa interview for this December?

Ps: I have already paid visa fees.

I have a date for next year May but I’m thinking of expediting it to an earlier date.

PPS: The reason for my question is attached to the screenshot below

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chemicalboss1(m): 11:09am On Oct 07, 2021
Hello house my mum, two sis and me will be going for interview next month. This our first time travelling no travel history but my mum will be the one to sponsor the trip we going for vacation, I'm a student in university of Abuja 400l. so house I like for you guys to point out the red flag and my dad not coming with us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2021
Chemicalboss1:
Hello house my mum, two sis and me will be going for interview next month. This our first time travelling no travel history but my mum will be the one to sponsor the trip we going for vacation, I'm a student in university of Abuja 400l. so house I like for you guys to point out the red flag and my dad not coming with us.

Two red flags....

No travel history
No home tie,,,, family

Note. I'm not the VO who will make a decision, so my assertion might be wrong.
Good luck to you guys

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please house I get my appointment date on 5th June 2022 please is it possible for me to change my ds-160 number before that time? Please house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oolatech(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Please house can I change my ds-160 application number after I book appointment? please anyone should please say somthing �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
Oolatech:
Please house can I change my ds-160 application number after I book appointment? please anyone should please say somthing �

Sure you can fill a new ds160, then update the new number on the CGI profile (the site where you booked your appointment).

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (435) (Reply)

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.