Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84180 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by akaahs(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
12inchess:
All these people here saying the virus is not real, I bet you, if you tell anyone of them to walk with you into an isolation center they will take to their heels. They are similar to Nigerian pastors that can perform miracle on the TV but cannot go into Coronavirus isolation center in Yaba and perform miracle there.
The question is, were U opportune to visit any of the isolation centre? If yes, please what's the situation of things and can U say the figures dishing out by ncdc collaborate with ur experience?

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kevotek1000(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
There is Coronavirus, that's for sure... But what I don't understand, is it that anyone who has normal malaria is also labeled as Coronavirus victims. The way they discharge is questionable.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by harakiri(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
O
Jarus:
I did the test but came out negative.

My former colleague lost his sister to the virus.

A friend tested positive but has now recovered.

By the way, anyone that believed the government needed to shut down the whole country just to be able to get money from one international organization is a fool.

Where did Abacha shut down before stealing those billions?

Why would a government that controls CBN need to shut down the country for an imaginary threat just to make money?

Why would a government that can borrow money from IMF, WB etc and steal it need to shut down the whole country just to make money?

Please calculate how much naira Abacha stole and compare it with the billions and billions of dollars in "aid" money coming. A handful of people in power are listing billions and billions used to "fight" the virus just within these few weeks and the only results we see are 7,000 tests for the whole nation and a satchet of noodles, few cups of rice and 1/4th a tuber of yam which hasn't reached 1% of the populace. Finally, why aren't we seeing corpses all over TV like it was when HIV was gaining ground? Why is the North which just started lockdown receiving palliatives (even before lockdown sef) while people have been starving for a month down south?

Some of you folks talking from your high horses are fortunate... I can't hate on that. But there are millions of peeps going days at a stretch without food. I don't expect you to care. Reality is this govt it incapable of handling covid 19.

I suggest what Czech rep is doing...hand gloves, face masks, sanitizers, testing, et all. And let people you can't do shit for get back to work.

Period!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Orubebe01: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
chiommy63:
I personally have a friend who contracted the disease. I followed her up on phone throughout the period of her symptoms but she's very fine and healthy now. So with her case, Corona is real.
Has she been discharged
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
I dont know any personally..

In the whole of my locality,I haven't heard or seen anyone infected...

But I dont av doubt about the existence of the virus in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by AdoreHim: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
2023 wasn't an ambition for him, it was a DONE DEAL, but death thought otherwise.

oyeb15:
Its just scam.am not even sure Abba kyari died of coro self.His 2023 ambition might b his downfall.

Malaria, diarrhea, fever, cough, diabetes are corona in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Oblitz(m): 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians are so stupid. 800 plus confirmed cases and you're thinking you should know one person out of Nigeria's 200 million population.
By the time you start knowing people it would have gotten to 10 million cases.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
EmmBim:
Personally I don't know anyone infected with Corona virus but my husband's colleague's wife is a health worker at that hospital in Yaba, Coronavirus is so real,I couldn't stepped out for two days when we spoke with them,if you are still doubting that it is audio,please go to the hospital at Yaba,shortcut,take the back of Neuropsychiatric hospital and get the address,do not allow the securities to prevent you from going inside there,check if you would see the patients,ask them questions one after the other and give each one of them a handshake or hug because Nigeria government have turned your brain upside down to the extent that you think it's also a scam for your parents to have given birth to you.
did she tell u there was coro patient in the hospital?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by spiralwedge(m): 9:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
kadiri3:
Coro is fake dat yaba isolation centre is empty

But you haven't been there? You just spew thrash. Go there first.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kasim155: 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
I believe Corona virus exist in Nigeria, but d increasing figures from some states is questionable, most especially after they saw d money given to Lagos state n also d money given to Nigeria by EU. D figures started increasing sharply.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pinkyposh:
Yes I have seen, one died in my hospital. Corona virus is real
liar
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Orubebe01: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Jarus:
I did the test but came out negative.

My former colleague lost his sister to the virus.

A friend tested positive but has now recovered.

By the way, anyone that believed the government needed to shut down the whole country just to be able to get money from one international organization is a fool.

Where did Abacha shut down before stealing those billions?

Why would a government that controls CBN need to shut down the country for an imaginary threat just to make money?

Why would a government that can borrow money from IMF, WB etc and steal it need to shut down the whole country just to make money?

Why would government have to go through this stress just to get money to steal when there are easier options?

Guys, please let us use our education for once.
Were you having symptoms cos they alwsal insist that the person must show symptoms before going for the test. Also I want to know how long it took for the test to come out.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by zinny377(f): 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
The virus is very real! I know the late Dr. Emeka Chugbo,,,May his soul rest in peace. cry

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
EmmBim:
Personally I don't know anyone infected with Corona virus but my husband's colleague's wife is a health worker at that hospital in Yaba, Coronavirus is so real,I couldn't stepped out for two days when we spoke with them,if you are still doubting that it is audio,please go to the hospital at Yaba,shortcut,take the back of Neuropsychiatric hospital and get the address,do not allow the securities to prevent you from going inside there,check if you would see the patients,ask them questions one after the other and give each one of them a handshake or hug because Nigeria government have turned your brain upside down to the extent that you think it's also a scam for your parents to have given birth to you.

grin grin I love this your response

Let them continue doubting even after seeing on YouTube and international TV stations of the thousands of people dying daily around the world from the virus. Bunch of zero brain cells naysayers all of them angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Aystarz: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
wrose:
My Grand uncle died in the uk of coronavirus complications. Don't know anyone personally who has died of coronavirus in Nigeria
My condolences bro. Apparently mine survived it - he together with his wife and kids out there.

This shiit is realer than the Nigerian government and its many redundant agencies.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Uyi168: 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
larryking540:

That's my base too
I greet u boss...
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by cmecproblem(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
A deputy police commissioner in Edo state just died. Please stay safe guys.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ShattaBandles: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
There is one guy named Simplyleo in my area, I heard he contacted covid19.

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by LordReed(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
sean079:

Lets get this clear that the heat in particular has to do with sunlight heat. Also please respond to this question ” why is low death rate recorded across the Afrikan continent”?

I don't know but from the research it is not heat that is stopping it. There could be a whole slew of factors that have not even been figured out yet.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by johnisaola(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lorazepam:
Yes i do
The virus is very real
the questions is do you known anyone in your area who died or tested positive? not just said is real?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by gaventa: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Index case of where please?
Ningen:
My one time neighbor, a key health worker.
He died of complications. He's an index case.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Jelzin2412(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
989900:

Don't you feel like crying when you went through this thread? Exactly how I felt.

The level of ignorance and self-inflicted-illiteracy in the world, Africa and Nigeria in particular is alarming!

I keep on telling people around me that, some would never believe until someone in their household is affected. For this OP & co., like someone earlier suggested, let them visit an isolation centre unprotected, then go back home and continue as per normal.

To be honest I felt nauseous when I saw it and to even imagine a Nairaland MOD didn't take this thread down in a time we are struggling to educate people about this scourge even disappoints me the most.

I do not live in Nigeria but the fact I have family members whose health might be put in jeopardy by the few foolish ignoramus even saddens me the most.

I have been exposed, felt sick, self-isolated and back in the frontline yet many persons consciously choose to live in denial of the basic facts before them.

I can't pray any of them gets infected but perhaps if they experience it first hand, spread it to their loved ones and live to recount their losses they might borrow sense by force.

Education indeed doesn't guarantee literacy...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
johnmattew:
have u checked what's happening in other countries?...are u missing 'active cases' with 'recorded cases'??

Germany have discharged over 103,000 people,Spain about 90,000 recoveries
so u bliv dis?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Fideleo1: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Them no tell mad person say rain they fall. Try go yaba hospital ok
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Teedah: 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy
EmmBim:

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by yom2(m): 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
josen16322:
i tink am suspectin dose ncdc people from day one becos i dont trust dem at all just look at d numbers of all d discharge patients doesnt rhyme wit numbas of confirm cases and death cases sad angry angry
they are just oiling their own pocket while telling the rest to remain at home
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Kellie069(m): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
I don't know anyone in Nigeria, but a friend in UK has tested positive

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by madridsta007(m): 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.

This is why there are suddenly "cases". wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by larryking540: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Uyi168:
I greet u boss...

Na me greet u pass....how Edo state ?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by SexytorresE(f): 9:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
I haven’t.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Orubebe01: 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
If people who can read and write can reason and write all these am seeing here saying that corona virus is a scam then I wonder what all there abokis and almajiri will be saying. Its a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
knowhowk:
Dumb Question ,You came up on nairaland to ask stupid question to encourage more people to belief that Covid 19 is not real,If you are so inquisitive and honestly curious ,Isolation centre ,NCDC is the best place to go and verify as an investigative and fact finding Journalist .Rubbish !
dat isolation centre is empty coro is fake

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo) / Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.