Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84264 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by IamCookie(f): 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yea. I know of a Lagosian (Family friend) based in Upton Park area in London that died last week ,thereabout. He was even the first person to forward the news of Atiku's son be diagnosed of COVID-19 to me via WhatsApp...and advised us to be careful but died of COVID-19 and Atiku's son is still alive and might probably test negative soon. Life happens

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Kollizoc: 10:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Wat I knw abt covid19 is a political virus
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
maak400:
Finally someone is asking the right question! Coronavirus exists but the figures are simply cooked up for some sinister plans by world powers in order to establish a new world order! People need to wise up because there’s a global grand plan that is unfolding before our very eyes. I won’t say much.

Wake many from deep sleep... Keep exposing the NWO and her unfruitful works of darkness (eph 4:11 niv).
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ugohenry2019(m): 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
first of all..op thank u for this thread..I. seriously have my doubts about those figures ....we all know that Abba kyari died of the virus....which means the virus is real....but on the number of deaths. ...that figure is typically false cos they should be mentioning names if people that died from the virus....instead they are busy telling us the names of Nigerians that died abroad adding it to their imaginary figure....

I spit on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mindtricks: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pinkyposh:

Everyone does not present the same symptoms
He was having difficulty in breathing, chest CT scan was showing damaged lungs

So sad. Asthmatics and people with Heart disease will really have a hard time surviving it.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
maak400:
Finally someone is asking the right question! Coronavirus exists but the figures are simply cooked up for some sinister plans by world powers in order to establish a new world order! People need to wise up because there’s a global grand plan that is unfolding before our very eyes. I won’t say much.
I totally agree with you, there's more than the eyes can see... May GOD HELP US.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mindtricks: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
ugohenry2019:
first of all..op thank u for this thread..I. seriously have my doubts about those figures ....we all know that Abba kyari died of the virus....which means the virus is real....but on the number of deaths. ...that figure is typically false cos they should be mentioning names if people that died from the virus....instead they are busy telling us the names of Nigerians that died abroad adding it to their imaginary figure....

I spit on Nigeria

They deliberately keep it secret to prevent stigmatization.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes I have it in my hand

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mindtricks: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
IamCookie:
Yea. I know of a Lagosian (Family friend) based in Upton Park area in London that died last week ,thereabout. He was even the first person to forward the news of Atiku's son be diagnosed of COVID-19 to me via WhatsApp...and advised us to be careful but died of COVID-19 and Atiku's son is still alive and might probably test negative soon. Life happens

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by wizzytm(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes I know someone here in Kano state. And it's not funny. Coronavirus is real

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by anigbajumo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
onegig:

Are you guys daft or is this just willful stupidity?

So the government wants to embezzle paltry 20billion they would go through the hoops just to tell a lie that is easily verifiable?

Do you know how much they make from clearing fees, VAT alone? For every single passenger flying out of Nigeria you pay a $20 handling fee. That's just handling fee let alone the all other charges. Do you know there is a N1 ETF tax on every single litre of fuel you buy.

So they would grind businesses to a halt and lockdown all cities just to embezzle 20billion when they have alternatives of making double of that in 2 weeks?

Where do they breed this kind of idi.ots in Nigeria? We need to start asking valid questions about the stupidity of people else they would start getting bolder and start talking rubbish. How did your common sense not even tell you to look at counter claims before opening your mouth to talk this?

My bro am tired,this ur comment is the same thing I wrote on Facebook yesterday to one guy saying FG are using the pandemic to loot,FG is loosing billions of naira everyweek.I don't even know may be people realises that the present price of crude oil is not even up to production cost per barrel.Technically,FG needs the economy than anyone else because their only means of generating revenue is by non oil revenue.Why will FG lied to shut down the economy knowing fully well that they depend on this same economy to generate revenue since that price of oil has collapse globally.It is quite unfortunate that we av alot of young Nigerians that lack ability to think outside the box.Education is not indeed a certified way of literacy.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by riczy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Its nt funny over there. Wen we told dem to decongest lag by extending similar infrastructure to others regions, they called us wailers. This is jux d beginning in Lagos! angry
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Sniper101(m): 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Taciturn1:
North is worth far more than South in Natural Resources

Aboki ...you say North do WETIN?

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ProudBiafran: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Corona virus is fake. Very fake
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ProudBiafran: 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong

You are fully awake.

Corona is a.scam
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kaycee125: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes a Nairalander I cant remember her moniker though shes my friend
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Smilingjoe4(m): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Is like Ada ogwashi subscription have finished...pls somebody should locate her for me because I want to do giveaway to her.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mindtricks: 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
anigbajumo:

My bro am tired,this ur comment is the same thing I wrote on Facebook yesterday to one guy saying FG are using the pandemic to loot,FG is loosing billions of naira everyweek.I don't even know may be people realises that the present price of crude oil is not even up to production cost per barrel.Technically,FG needs the economy than anyone else because their only means of generating revenue is by non oil revenue.Why will FG lied to shut down the economy knowing fully well that they depend on this same economy to generate revenue since that price of oil has collapse globally.It is quite unfortunate that we av alot of young Nigerians that lack ability to think outside the box.Education is not indeed a certified way of literacy.

Don't forget this:
Many of our people pass through school (since it has become almost compulsory).
But not everyone of them let school pass through them.
Can those ones be said to be educated?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by MorataFC: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonuhabi:

Since you want to be sure so as to know that the figures are not scam, I pray for you that the next figures of infection will come from your household and it shall lead to subsequent death. Please say amen.

What rubbish. Do you all think it's easy, go to the household of those affected then you will know that Jesus is Lord.

If you are so inquisitive, just go to the isolation centres and expose yourself to the disease by then you can be absolutely sure.

Foolish.
Thank u jare, at times I wonder the kind of youth we have in this generation.

I think the question one needs to ask op is how many people he knows from tens of thousands that died of covid19 in America? Abi A. Erican too exaggerate the figures too?

Lazy Youth.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by adexontop(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
The first victim was my former boss.Guys this virus is real and dangerous stay at home and stay safe.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by jamesjohn2010: 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
I can't believe I am seeing this type of comments from some Nigerians.

The trust has gone down the drain.

Humans are humans.

God help man: every country in the world lies then.

The guys that know just put you through, and you're still stiff-necked?

Well self-denial comes before acceptance.

Similar thing happened a century ago from flu pandemic and, who knows, self-denial led to over 20 million deaths.

Covid-19 is real in Nigeria and the figures you see and hear are far cry from reality. It is even higher and many are asymptomatic.

The prayer is 'may it not come near our dwelling'

The type of denial obvious here is worrisome and not covid compatible. Over-argument is destructive.

Can we please change it and together we will defeat it.

JJE
Member of covid response team
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Toxay(m): 10:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
maak400:

You have said all you have to say, any other thing would be like the garbage you initially wrote
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by egbetokuns(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.

No. I don't pray to have anyone. Can't trust our govt but it's real then can't compare GHANA death rate with Nigeria interns of population and proximity

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Pinkyposh(f): 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
mindtricks:

So sad. Asthmatics and people with Heart disease will really have a hard time surviving it.
Yea, and also diabetic patients
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Gabbriell: 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
The man that died in Delta allegedly by the Virus, I know him. cry
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kingxsamz(m): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong

No one needs to prove anything to you
You're free to die of ignorance. Just don't take people along with you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ojimma: 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ignorance is a big disease. About 12 hospitals were shutdown in Lagos because of the infection and your still proving doubting Thomas. Continue we will celebrate you soon.
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by meetme01: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
onegig:

So the government wants to embezzle paltry 20billion they would go through the hoops just to tell a lie that is easily verifiable?

Do you know how much they make from clearing fees, VAT alone? For every single passenger flying out of Nigeria you pay a $20 handling fee. That's just handling fee let alone the all other charges. Do you know there is a N1 ETF tax on every single litre of fuel you buy.

So they would grind businesses to a halt and lockdown all cities just to embezzle 20billion when they have alternatives of making double of that in 2 weeks?

Where do they breed this kind of idi.ots in Nigeria? We need to start asking valid questions about the stupidity of people else they would start getting bolder and start talking rubbish. How did your common sense not even tell you to look at counter claims before opening your mouth to talk this?

My brother, just keep watching o. Sometimes, you would just want to beg God to inflict a large population with the virus and see those who would survive. Nigerian youths, I don't blame you. Your leaders have failed you and all you can think of is corruption.

With this thinking and comments, we have a long way to go in re-orientation of our future leaders. If this is the way our youths are thinking, I doubt if there is any future for this country. We have been brainwashed with money and nothing but money. We rarely believe things especially if money is involved. How I wish Ebola has done that havoc by now, everyone would not be hungry.

Ask Congolese who survived Ebola, and now facing coronavirus. The country has never been the same. Ask the same government if they believed coronavirus existed.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by honeyB2018: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Honestly, I have my doubts about the way these guys at NCDC's handling this Covid19 issue.
There is a lot of secrecy in their dealings. I have said this in my previous post on this platform.
How come the identity of the Covid patients are hidden, while that of Ebola patients in 2014, were made public?
Names of Nigerians in diaspora, who died through covid 19, were published,and those that died here are kept in secret, with the exception of few.
Why should the number of the recovered, discharged and death, bed still countered, when we should be concerned with the active cases?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Iwillsurvivedis: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
kadiri3:
Coro is fake dat yaba isolation centre is empty

You should try and read more before you post daft things. Was there any mention of the virus being fake in the post. We are all aware of the imported cases but the rapid rate of local transmission is what we are questioning.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by omoadeleye(m): 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
ShySteady:

I am interested in this your claim. Please, can you take out some of your time and throw some lights on this experience?

Yes i do, the president of ARD in UCH
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kingxsamz(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
onegig:

Many Nigerians are very dumb...
You can see the ediot up there that said Coronavirus is not in Africa. And 50 ediots liked the post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.