Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84268 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Zyzxx10: 8:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
ignis:
In as much as I believe COVID-19 is real, but it has been politicized in Nigeria. Malaria is generally more deadly than COVID-19. But in Nigeria we know the effect of malaria is not widely felt compared to the whites.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by 989900: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
This is how ret@rds spread diseases.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Xisnin(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edopesin:

common sense, We only need one person to confirm he knows any positive, dead or Alive
If someone makes the claim, you will believe him/her because they say so?
This means that common sense is actually foolishness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by SalomonKane: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nope, I don't.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by playapayaski: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.

You have no idea how much d federal govt is loosing daily do u? The aid n monies they would get is nothing compared to what they loosing in this lockdown.. Economy is crashing oil n shit, so how much dem wan thief now, dem nor get access to thief b4.. This is nigeria bro

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Danjuma101: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.
wen d result first started, some ppl said dy knw fo sure dat d number of infected persons is more than wot d NCDC is reporting, nw dat d testing capacity has bin increase and d number of positive ppl increase, ppl ar still complaining. Nigerians always claim to knw too much dat one of our bigest problem..

18 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
oyeb15:
Its just scam.am not even sure Abba kyari died of coro self.His 2023 ambition might b his downfall.

Malaria, diarrhea, fever, cough, diabetes are corona in Nigeria.

I really don't blame u.. our way of life is twisted u are only makin it worse

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by osusuallstars: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Abba kyari, osibanjo , and the first case

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Sadsoulnow: 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
ShySteady:

I am interested in this your claim. Please, can you take out some of your time and throw some lights on this experience?
Abby kyari

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mokkalu1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
When I see posts like this, I feel nudged to believe that human stupidity is infinite! �

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lorazepam:
Yes i do
The virus is very real
What do u stand to gain in spreading fear

Most Christians do this with all that hellfire talk
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Spectaclesawe25: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
I know a certain Abba kyari.
And I also know a doctor who usually attend to us has the virus already.
Don't dull bro, it's real.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by ABIDOW96(m): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Pinkyposh:
Yes I have seen, one died in my hospital. Corona virus is real

Ehyha
Where's that please?
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
isoright

Bros kyari?
This viruse is damnnnnn fuckkking real

But wait o
Nairaland dey slow to load this evening o

Abi na my network
Do u know why he traveled out of the country in the first place, don't be so sure of this
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by knowhowk: 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sultty:
Yes angry
Always making dumb comments with useless Pictures
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by bukhety(f): 8:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
bigwig071:
yes
tested positive or died shocked
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by jojo1415: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yea...Buhari by they r hiding his status
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Neoteny7: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:

Let us know.

Less than a thousand cases in a population of over 200 million statistically means you'd hardly know anyone infected.

Death rates vary across countries and doesnt always correlate with the number of infections. Compare italy and the US.

As for the sunlight issue, it means the virus on surfaces doesnt last long, which isnt surprising since UV light kills a lot of pathogens. It doesnt mean sunlight or heat affects the virus inside a host

I dont know why nigerians love conspiracy theories.

19 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Raskasal(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
What is the population of Ghana compared to Nigeria. One of the reason NYC is having that much casualty is because of their population and exposure to the virus, which they are already carrying without even knowing. So I believe the figure the NCDC is giving. And for stigmatization purpose, the secrecy of the confirmed cases and the dead are both needed.

That's my opinion of you topic

7 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
the so called government is just scamming us

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Donbabaj: 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zchi1052:
Does it mean no one in here has vital information about op's question...atlist let's know if we are not being misled by our government

The issue is that Coro is a rich man disease. how do you expect us to know one that contacted the virus, when many of us here on this nairaland are either poor or average citizen. All we do is come here, read and posting comments, give likes. This is because of the high rate of joblessness.

If you are here reading my comments now you are either jobless and poor. Go get yourself a job and become rich like those contracting coro na virus!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mrkings84(m): 8:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Yes, Abba Kyari!!
Though i dont know him personally, but i know somebody that knows somebody that knows him!!
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Emmyginger(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
its funny u are asking this question, we need to be more intellectual in this country

8 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Danjuma101: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
playapayaski:

You have no idea how much d federal govt is loosing daily do u? The aid n monies they would get is nothing compared to what they loosing in this lockdown.. Economy is crashing oil n shit, so how much dem wan thief now, dem nor get access to thief b4.. This is nigeria bro
Tanks sire

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by johnmattew: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
josen16322:
i tink am suspectin dose ncdc people from day one becos i dont trust dem at all just look at d numbers of all d discharge patients doesnt rhyme wit numbas of confirm cases and death cases sad angry angry
have u checked what's happening in other countries?...are u missing 'active cases' with 'recorded cases'??

Germany have discharged over 103,000 people,Spain about 90,000 recoveries

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
JubrinElSudan:
The man that died in Delta allegedly by the Virus, I know him. cry
good you said allegedly, were pple not dying before the lockdown
should we now ascribe every death now to coronavirus when before now, people die of even fever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nwemelegenyi(m): 9:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ghana and Nigeria are two different countries. The way of reasoning differs. Moreover, population matters in taking statistic.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Tango123: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
I personally know 3 person who have tested positive of Corona virus

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by astonished: 9:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Doctor confirm to me that codvid19 in nigeria is big scam.
People die of other ailment are count as corona virus

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
don't know any, only the lock thrash we hear on radio and TV.

and the phoney case of infection s by celebrities and politicians.

I have never seen people who catch a purported deadly non curable virus smile and laugh like the celebrities and politicians who caught convid.

why didn't we see celebrities coming out to announce they caught aids and Ebola, with smiles like they do with convid.

Food for thought y'all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Geekop: 9:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:

Let us know.

Thank you for raising this. I have my doubts too but I know someone who know someone that died cos of the virus.
About the figures; it's two ways, it's either they are reducing it so as not to scare people cos I don't see us taking proper measures against the spread or they are adding to it so they can squander the money quite a number of people have raised to fight it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Kenyan Man With World's Biggest Manhood And Testicles Undergoes Surgery / People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.