Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? (84194 Views)

Do You Personally Know Anyone With Covid-19 In Nigeria? / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by voltront: 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
twilliamx:

what state did he/she die if I may ask!!! was he/she a government or private healthcare giver.
You asked a simple question. You got answers now you want people to prove that they are saying the truth.
Until people send test results to you or invite you to there houses before you believe. Don't worry they will tell you soon.
Doubting thomas. Better stay in doors.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Saintmatrix: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
I tire for the mata sef .. Just announcing new cases but you can't see them in any isolation centers and the ones dead them no dey know when they are buried . na wao
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Uyi168: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
inereunwa1:
upper sokponba in Benin city??
Yes na..
Thats my base..
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by voltront: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
twilliamx:

what state did he/she die if I may ask!!! was he/she a government or private healthcare giver.
You asked a simple question. You got answers now you want people to prove that they are saying the truth.
Until people send test results to you or invite you to there houses before you believe.
Doubting thomas. Better stay in doors.

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by apex7975: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by abdullkabar(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Laughable post
Like seriously!!!!
Well, this is what our leaders have caused

*_This is one of the most enlightening information I've ever come across on this COVID-19 pandemic.
I don't know the originator but I think he/she deserves an applause.**_ ������

Read on.

� A QUESTION PEOPLE OFTEN ASK �

How/Why Do People Recover If There's Still No Proven Cure For COVID-19?

� ANSWER :

Most respiratory viruses-- including Corona viruses such as the ones that causes the Common Cold -- are self-limiting, so to say.

What this means is that they have a relatively finite period in the human body before they "wear themselves out," or the immune system contains them, and the sufferer recovers.

Treatment for these viruses is thus mostly aimed at;

1. Relieving symptoms, in order to make the sufferer comfortable.

2. Keeping the infected person alive by supporting organ systems attacked and impaired by the virus.

Most times, treatment is not aimed at curing such viral illnesses, by attacking the virus itself. This is partly because they're self-limiting, and partly because developing antiviral medication is darn difficult due to the fact that they mutate so rapidly, and are more or less like shape shifters. If you develop a treatment against this form today, tomorrow they may mutate into a form resistant to said treatment.

So, the best form of treatment for such viruses is prevention, either by modification of social and lifestyle habits, to break the chain of transmission; or by vaccination.

If someone however becomes infected, treatment, as the immune system slugs it out with the virus, is usually supportive, and not definitive.

Before we move on to COVID-19, I want to make a distinction and clarification between two forms of treatments- supportive treatment, and definitive treatment.

� DEFINITIVE/SPECIFIC TREATMENT

In the context of infectious diseases, definitive treatment entails treatment targeted specifically at the offending organism, aimed at eliminating it from the body. Once this is done, the body-- through its repair mechanisms, heals itself of the damage already caused by the organism, and the person recovers.

An example is use of antimalarial drugs to treat Malaria, and antibiotics to treat bacterial infections.

� SUPPORTIVE TREATMENT

This, in the context of infectious diseases, is treatment not aimed at eliminating the organism, but relieving its symptoms, and supporting vital bodily functions already compromised by it, while waiting for, or hoping that, the immune system will contain said infection.

So, if the person is having a distressful cough, you may have to give cough syrups to suppress it; if there's fever, you may have to use anti-pyretics, such as paracetamol, to relieve it; if in pain, analgesics may be used generously to make the patient more comfortable; etc.

If the infection compromises the function of certain vital organ systems, and the person is at risk of dying without optimal functioning of said system, you support the organ's function:

- For failing lungs; oxygen, and ventilators, may be needed.

- For cardiovascular collapse; fluids, and vaso-pressors may be given.

- For kidney failure; dialysis may come in handy.

Etc.

By doing these, you may be able to keep the body going, while the immune system wages battle against the offending organism.

If by the time the immune system is able to win the war and contain the infection, you have managed , through your supportive treatment, to keep the person alive, the person recovers.

However, if the damage caused by the organism in its wake is too much, and your supportive treatment couldn't keep the person alive to see the end of the battle between immune system and bug, the person dies.

� COVID-19

For COVID-19, the "finite" period of battle between immune system and virus is usually between 2 to 6 weeks-- up to 8 weeks in some instances, depending on the competence/resilience of the person's immune system, among other things.

If one is able to withstand the onslaught of the virus within this period, the person would pull through, sometimes without any treatment, other times with supportive treatment, all depending on the severity of the disease.

To put this in context, COVID-19 has 5 clinical variants BASED ON SEVERITY;

1. Asymptomatic Form.

In this form, one gets infected without manifesting any symptom whatsoever. The person thus ends up just as a mere carrier, spreading the infection to others.

2. Mild Disease.

Some people would get the virus, but just have upper respiratory tract infection, with symptoms such as sneezing, mild fever, cough, malaise, etc; and recover rapidly, with or without any supportive treatment.

3. Moderate Disease.

This group would go on to develop lower respiratory tract infection, with pneumonia, and would need some supportive treatment, but may not be sick enough to need oxygen therapy.

4. Severe Disease.

This group develop Pneumonia, and get so sick that they would need oxygen therapy.

5. Critical Disease

This group of patients get so bad, and develop A.R.D.S, and ventilatory respiratory failure, so much that they would need a ventilator to survive, without which they'd definitely die.

� NB

This classification is based solely on the effect of the virus on the respiratory system, its primary target in the body. That however doesn't mean that the virus only affects the lungs.

The form of the disease one develops depends on a host of factors including;

1. Immune status.

2. Age.

3. Presence of other co-morbidities, such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Cancer, Chronic Lung Diseases, etc.

People with asymptomatic and mild to moderate forms of the disease don't need much help to recover; sometimes they're even advised to stay at home, especially in countries whose Hospitals are already overwhelmed, and are managed with minor conservative/supportive measures to relieve symptoms such as fever, headache, chest pain, and cough.

People with severe and critical forms of the disease would need Hospital admission and a lot of supportive measures, including oxygen therapy, ventilators, anti-shock therapy-- if necessary, and the full compliment of ICU care.

If conservative measures are enough to sustain the person, the person could still pull through even without specific antiviral therapy.

� CONCLUSION

Hope I've been able to make you understand how recovery is possible, even without a definitive cure.

Now you know.

-------------------------------------------

Just in case you were wondering, I intentionally didn't want to dabble into the controversies surrounding touted specific antiviral remedies such as the Hydroxychloroquine-Azithromycin combination, Kaletra/Alluvia, Arbidol, etc; because whatever influence they have on prognosis doesn't negate the submissions made here.

*#Copied*

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Dannyilo(m): 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have not seen or known anyone that was tested positive to this nonsense corona virus. The only person that had it in Nigeria is Abba Kyari and the reason I will believe his own is because his own is original follow come from abroad.
All other cases are fake. Either its tuberculosis or pneumonia that we are calling corona virus in Nigeria. Worse of all when the Governors in Nigeria knew money will be shared , they started hunting for innocent and hungry Nigerians to announce as a patients so they can get a share of the billions. That is how Benue governor forced an innocent woman to be quarantined and was self isolated for over 3 weeks: the woman made a video of herself hale and hearty without any nonsense treatment.
Kaduna Governor in a bid to make it look serious and collect the money announced that he has contacted the virus. After sharing money, he came back and said he has been tested negative.
What do we expect when they are paying 50k per day to health workers as hazard allowance over this covid-19? Its a once in a lifetime opportunity and they are maximising it to the fullest. I only pity the poor masses being punished by greedy politicians.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by bubara(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
Covid 19 in Nigeria is a scam from the onset . . . argue with ur ancestors cos am feeling fine . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Sultty(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
knowhowk:
Always making dumb comments with useless Pictures
And I know a second one
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by bubara(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Covid 19 in Nigeria is a scam from the onset . . . argue with ur ancestors cos am not feeling fine . . .
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Olathunji010(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
No no no!!! I don't know and I don't pray to ever know anyone which has a connection with the useless virus

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
12inchess:
All these people here saying the virus is not real, I bet you, if you tell anyone of them to walk with you into an isolation center they will take to their heels. They are similar to Nigerian pastors that can perform miracle on the TV but cannot go into Coronavirus isolation center in Yaba and perform miracle there.
did u ever see any coro patient in yaba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by voltront: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
EmmBim:
Personally I don't know anyone infected with Corona virus but my husband's colleague's wife is a health worker at that hospital in Yaba, Coronavirus is so real,I couldn't stepped out for two days when we spoke with them,if you are still doubting that it is audio,please go to the hospital at Yaba,shortcut,take the back of Neuropsychiatric hospital and get the address,do not allow the securities to prevent you from going inside there,check if you would see the patients,ask them questions one after the other and give each one of them a handshake or hug because Nigeria government have turned your brain upside down to the extent that you think it's also a scam for your parents to have given birth to you.
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by MzTunechi(f): 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
EmmBim:
Personally I don't know anyone infected with Corona virus but my husband's colleague's wife is a health worker at that hospital in Yaba, Coronavirus is so real,I couldn't stepped out for two days when we spoke with them,if you are still doubting that it is audio,please go to the hospital at Yaba,shortcut,take the back of Neuropsychiatric hospital and get the address,do not allow the securities to prevent you from going inside there,check if you would see the patients,ask them questions one after the other and give each one of them a handshake or hug because Nigeria government have turned your brain upside down to the extent that you think it's also a scam for your parents to have given birth to you.
I just spoke with one of workers too, going by what he told me tonight, I'm so scared. I doubt if I will allow me neighbor's kids in tomorrow. Their parents too waka

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by enka05: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emmakohodis747:
Nope. That's why I don't really believe that there is corona in Africa. Prove me wrong

Ignoramus
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
spiralwedge:
Iwillsurvivedis, why not visit IDH, Yaba?
it's not far from Jibowu, WAEC, Military base, FSTC.

Coro is fake dat yaba isolation centre is empty
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by bubara(m): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
All na scam . . . an avenue to loot treasury
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by mumu9gerian: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
GentRoyal:
Personally, I don't; however, two individuals were reported to have tested to Covid-19 in my street on Tuesday, 21st of April
Health workers came on Wednesday 22nd, to disinfect every nook and corner of my street.
Which local government
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by duality(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Virus is real, people are treating themselves
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
MzTunechi:
I just spoke with one of workers too, going by what he told me tonight, I'm so scared. I doubt if I will allow me neighbor's kids in tomorrow. Their parents too waka
please educate their parents,I know most people do not believe it's real also be very careful,I've stopped entertaining visitors even family.msy God be with us all

1 Like

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
Iwillsurvivedis:
Well personally I don't know anyone who has been infected or died of the novel covid-19 virus, with the hype and rate of increase as purported by our government and the secrecy sorrounding those they claim to have it, I have my doubts regarding the figures.

I have personally followed Ghana on worldometer.info and Ghana's covid cases has remained below 1300 and just 9 deaths over the past week(s). So what does Ghana know that we don't.

Also I read a report on yahoo news saying sunlight easily kills the virus and we all know that the sun in Nigeria can boil yam in the right circumstance.

Another thing I noticed is that as soon as the European union gave Nigeria a 27 billion grant, the cases started to rise uncontrollably. Anyway thats my observation.

So do you know anyone with the virus or has the NCDC Being to your area to pick any suspected case.

Let us know.
Be patient. It's spreading, it would soon get to you or people you personally know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
ajimotoke:
Not really, but if anyone out there still doubting if there is covid in the country, let them visit one of the centre have hand shake with covid 19 patient and put it inside his/her mouth then wait for two weeks. grin grin for confirmation.
the centre are empty go check by ur self Coro is fake
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by letitrainnow(m): 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hahaha
serverconnect:
Ask lie Muhammed he will give more info on this.
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by larryking540: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Uyi168:
Yes na..
Thats my base..

That's my base too
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by larryking540: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Be patient. It's spreading, it would soon get to you or people you personally know.

Corona stigmatization is worst than HIV o
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by AIT1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
No, we just dey read am and hear am from News
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
charles009:
You guys are all delusional.
So the virus update in Nigeria is scam because States are demanding more money than the other. The whole governors despite their differences agreed to extend lockdown.

Y'all need to sober up and wake up from your slumber, this was how the black Americans claimed melanin would save them from the virus. Today they are most hit racial group. So don't be proactive, keep fooling yourselves until you are caught in-between ..
coro is fake all dat american coro death are just number nothing like people dying
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Kuginzi: 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
The blood of those innocent souls who died as a result of COVID-19 will continue to hunt the evil minded people who brainwashed them and confused them by telling them COVID-19 is not real.
#STAYSAFE

2 Likes

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by kadiri3(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Phaedrus:
This is a country of more than 200 million people and there are less than a thousand cases at present. What's the slightest probability that one of such is someone you'd know? If you still think this is a joke, look at Abba Kyari. You think He died of something other than COVID-19?
so u think is coro kill the man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Lica2baby(f): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Abba Kyari
Re: Do You Personally Know Anyone Who Has Tested Positive Or Died Of Coronavirus? by Angelfrost(m): 9:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Macsjebs:

Good point
NCDC need to see this then, if every infected person don't need to be hospitalized; what then are all these shits about
Compare the no of infected persons when it all started plus discharged; how were they treated when the whole country never had that number of ventilators

let's just leave it here, the thing is more complicated that we see, as for the deaths and all that coffin news in foreign countries, just know money controls the media

A disease that has no cure but people get treated for it, that is they recover, does that mean it dies or would later resurface

Let me make some salient corrections and clarifications sir...

1. For most viral infections, susceptibility (likelihood to fall sick) and resistance vary largely among individuals, with mostly those already sickly being the worst hit.
2. A lot of viruses can be suppressed totally with proper care, improved hygiene, increased immune boosters, even to the point of dormancy.
3. Not everyone hospitalized will need a ventilator. In fact, only those with advanced symptoms require breathing support, and most in this category are the sickly and old...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Nasarawa Native Doctor Walks Out Of Casket At His Burial (Photo) / Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.