Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano (92961 Views)

Onyenachi Obasi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In The UK / Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA / A Doctor, Two Others Die Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Nairalandmonika: 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mandeyy:
Getting herd immunity will save them? How? I thought that herd immunity involves a greater number of the population being infected by a specific disease-causing agent, and as a result of the infection, a large number of them will become immune to the infection. This is a deadly virus. It's better not to contract it than contracting it in order to acquire herd mmunity by the population, because it may not come. Vaccine production is likely or surely going to end the spread of coronavirus in the world.
Ya, that's y I said but so many people will die.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Tisham20(m): 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
RIP LAWAL
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Farki: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

no equipment and poor facilities and they're treating Corona.. really?

Would you rather they do nothing? We know the equipment isn't enough but it's better than leaving the infected people with the general population.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by DelTel(m): 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
Gandollars was busy dethroning Sanusi while other Govs were preparing against Covid-19.

All Kano is not safe anymore, including Gandollars and the new Emir; whereas SLS is safely in Lagos cry.

Who wins las las? Time will tell.....

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
Farki:

Would you rather they do nothing? We know the equipment isn't enough but it's better than leaving the infected people with the general population.

the virus is not in 9ja bro.

if it's truly is.. we are all dead meat
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by richAgnostic: 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
shiwex:

Nigerians......pay taxes not tithes...
more nigerians pay tithes than taxes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Tayeni(m): 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
teadrake:

While that is currently being investigated, we have little window of opportunity here sir. In your own view, has this lockdown achieved its intended objective?? Thousands already carrying the virus and are actively transmitting the virus as soon as government relax the curfew/lockdown via markets as you've observed across some States. When they transmit to others, they'll go home and stay indoor for days, this ultimately increase the virulence factors of the virus upon subsequent relaxation of lockdown. Instead, perhaps, if herd immunity is being considered, the virus cannot maintain absolute exponential value in the midst of a continues population on daily basis. Eventually it will die down and immunity will start to develop. But for herd immunity to be activated, 50% of the population will have to be infected and the people at higher risk pose a difficult imminent danger. That is my other concern
Come on my friend! We should allow the virus to run free for herd immunity? Do you think the statistics of mortality is mere numbers? There are people behind those numbers. Human beings.

I'm sure you have aged ones whose death( God forbid) will devastate you.

Your suggestion is tantamount to playing Russian roulette with your own life.

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by ibro360(m): 7:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
ghettokid1:
The worst is about to happen! I'm 100% sure that 70% of Kano indigenes lives with the Virus & 20 out of the remaining 30% will contact it soon
You are very stup!d for for wishing people such a bad disaster

1 Like

Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Neoteny7: 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Covid19 is a progressive disease. It doesnt knock people off at once like that.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Farki: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

the virus is not in 9ja bro.

if it's truly is.. we are all dead meat

Just look at Kano and their mysterious deaths this thing is already beyond containment.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
Oluneutral:
And Ganduje is still denying the death toll in Kano.

I just don't understand why our politicians are like this!

I understand that the man who took the virus to Kano is a big man and circulated amongst the elite in the state before death came his way.
Ganduje may think it is about politics of who or which state has has small figure or high figure of the virus .
Plotician who has to always look over their shoulder for imaginary political enemies will always solve problems politically first before attempting to do so technically and clinically .

Has he not erected a gigantic isolation centre somwhy should you now say the death rate is high even with a "world class" isolation centre in his state
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by DAVE5(m): 8:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
ghettokid1:
The worst is about to happen! I'm 100% sure that 70% of Kano indigenes lives with the Virus & 20 out of the remaining 30% will contact it soon

Wow, this your comment ehn, you frighten the living daylight out of me

Grow a heart or a conscience bro
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by linearity: 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
As of this point the only the that will save Kano is if they gain herd immunity, but so many people will die to gain herd immunity.

With recent WHO’s repot that, the presence of anti-body is not a guarantee against reinfection, it mean that herd immunity appear to be a mirage.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Midex88(m): 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
richAgnostic:
thunder go fire adeboye, pastor cris, oyedepo or tb joshua if them start to perfore healing miracles after this corona sht

Be careful with your utterances, Please don’t bring disrepute to men of God. You need to think before you comment.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Asiri1991: 9:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
"We are ready to tackle Coronavirus" Lai Mohammed (Jan. 2020)
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by richAgnostic: 9:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
Midex88:

Be careful with your utterances, Please don’t bring disrepute to men of God. You need to think before you comment.
thunder fire you and thse scammers u call men of god. men of god that cant cure simple corona virus
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by mindtricks: 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
Rather unfortunate.
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by elijahkayode(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
Souls are Crying
Men are Dying

indeed Souls are perishing
yet u can't blame God cause he made salvation free for mankind
evil is having a field day now cause Mankind has been deceived (1. what did Peter and the apostles know about God that made them so strong
2. Can faith heal Covid? )
presently #50 bottle water cost more than three barrels of oil (negative price) hmm, sad when u consider d what happened in Nigeria over oil
kimjungun is about to be pronounced dead. Nothing is certain in this world anymore, tomorrow is not assured
follow Jesus the word of Jehovah Almighty and be free of sins
Be prepared, he's a roaring lion
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Guest14(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2020
ghettokid1:
You go to hell with your ill hope
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by babayaro7: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2020
ghettokid1

You would be ashamed of yourself. It's your state that would die of COVID 19 very soon
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Jelzin2412(m): 1:48am On Apr 26, 2020
teadrake:

Herd immunity may be our way out of this. Is simply the process whereby a significant percentage of infected population confers immunity to the rest of the population. This method was used in the management of pas outbreak but can we withstand its effect Thousands of people are already infected in Nigeria. Herd immunity might be the best approach

Herd immunity requires at least 2/3 of the population to be infected ie approximately 140M Nigerians. Considering the case fatality rate stands between 1-2%, it means 1.4-2.8M people are likely to die.

Most importantly, considering how fragile our health system is, it would be easily overwhelmed b4 we even get up to 50K cases and in addition with the expected exponential rise in the number of cases; the case fatality will most certainly worsen even up to 5% (7M deaths).

All these factors would enable the virus to easily mutate hence making it difficult to contain among all age groups regardless of one's immune status.

So tell me...Would you stand the impact of what it will take to achieve herd immunity with COVID-19?

Need I also inform you that immunity from the virus after previous infection is not guaranteed both in its strength and duration as recent studies have shown.

If herd immunity is that simple and guaranteed, no developed nation will be in a lockdown...
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Antichristus: 2:51am On Apr 26, 2020
Was he in attendance at Abba Kyari's funeral?
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:13am On Apr 26, 2020
Farki:

Just look at Kano and their mysterious deaths this thing is already beyond containment.

do you know anyone that knows someone who died mysteriously?
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Farki: 8:26am On Apr 26, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

do you know anyone that knows someone who died mysteriously?
https://www.nairaland.com/5817297/12-prominent-persons-kano-die

Just look at the thread you are in. undecided
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Midex88(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2020
richAgnostic:
thunder fire you and thse scammers u call men of god. men of god that cant cure simple corona virus

Don’t let your generation enter into bondage they know nothing about because of your unguarded and unscrupulous tongue talking anyhow. Be Careful. These people are not to be rubbished anyhow
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Avalancheman: 12:24pm On Apr 26, 2020
Digmygold:
Rip to the dead.

And Avalancheman is ready to die too.

Back to sender!

A coward dies many times before his time. That is the story of you and your sick family members... grin
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Avalancheman: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Digmygold:

[s]
Thank you.

Avalancheman and other deaf dumbos put us in this shii. Just sit at home for 2 weeks they were shouting hunger in the land. People that were hungry before COVID19 can now not fast for 2 weeks and pray for healing for the land. [/s]

Wallow in the gutter, piggiiidiiooot! That is where you belong. I won't join you... grin
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by COMPENGRFRANK(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
http://raboninco.com/ON67 COVID-19 LATEST OUTBREAK HERE
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by richAgnostic: 2:11pm On Apr 26, 2020
Midex88:

Don’t let your generation enter into bondage they know nothing about because of your unguarded and unscrupulous tongue talking anyhow. Be Careful. These people are not to be rubbished anyhow
my 100000 generations to come can never be as poor as your state governor. because when a nigerian talks of bondage, he means poverty. idiot. thunder fire you and those your pastors
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Midex88(m): 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2020
richAgnostic:
my 100000 generations to come can never be as poor as your state governor. because when a nigerian talks of bondage, he means poverty. idiot. thunder fire you and those your pastors

Thunder is already behind you
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by richAgnostic: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2020
Midex88:

Thunder is already behind you
i send thunder. it will strike u and all these fake pastors that cant cure common corona virus
Re: Abdullahi Lawal Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Kano by Midex88(m): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2020
richAgnostic:
i send thunder. it will strike u and all these fake pastors that cant cure common corona virus

Thunder of hunger is already hitting you hard. Repent before it’s too late

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial: FCTA Reacts To Unprofessional Conduct At Gudu Cemetery / My Experience After Taking Ciprotab 'ciprofloxacin' Antibiotics / Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina Cries Out For Help..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.