Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:13 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1072151 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fabulous05(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Bukiegbegi:

Access bank verve. I paid for the ihs and visa fee using that card. I paid for the rest with my Gtbank card

Thanks.

Hope they used 385 as exchange
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nattiejt:
Hello Skymoore,
Thanks for all you do here. Pls I have some issues bothering me.

I am the main applicant, I am also going with my hubby and 2 sons. We just successfully made payments. However,
my appointment is is sept 14, while they were able to get August 31st. My question is, can I do walk in with them on Monday (YES, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO but others can advise you better on this. I don’t know much on how the walk in arrangements during this pandemic period) ? Secondly, I just discovered that the document on my CAS states degree cert whereas it was statement of result I used in getting offer. Now if I am to do walk in on Monday, there is no enough time to correct the CAS. What do you advise. Note, I am supposed to resume October, hence the reason I want to do walk in. Thanks

In regards to you CAS, if it says you should provide a certificate.. then that’s what you’re required to provide at your appointment. If you used only statement of result to get the unconditional offer & CAS, then I will say you should write to the university to make changes. Unfortunately this will cause another delay but at this point, that’s all you can possibly do. This way, you can still meet up for your appointment on the 14th September & still meet up for October resumption. Forget the August walk-in...
I hope this helps smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

While it shouldn't be an issue as long as the money didnt fall below .... money can go in and out ... you knew the account is been used for the purpose of student visa.couldnt you wait 28days and keep it uncomplicated.
It’s my main account and the money in it was way more than what’s required, so I couldn’t just leave it there without doing some transactions with it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
I think some people said it can be possible I don't know much about it, i believe that people with such experience will answer better

Nattiejt:
Congratulations.... pls I am the main applicant, the only appointment date I could get was 14th of sept while my dependants got 31st of aug.... can I do walk in with them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2020
Rheminix:
yes the 5 working days, when did they send ur passport to vac is it today

Passport is not yet sent. But I anticipate that it shld be sent next Monday or Tuesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
When was your biometrics and interview
garuskoko:

Passport is not yet sent. But I anticipate that it shld be sent next Monday or Tuesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please I am filling in my husband's dependent form..do I fill in our children as depending on him financially or leave it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2020
iamlinton:

When was your biometrics and interview

13th August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
garuskoko:

Has your application been transferred to vac?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
mamacajah:
Please I am filling in my husband's dependent form..do I fill in our children as depending on him financially or leave it?

When filling my form as a dependant, I stated that the children depend on me financially, which they do.
My wife is the main applicant.
Remember that the dependant application does not necessarily mean the main applicant must be financially responsible for all other family members.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oma6090: 6:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good evening all,
I just applied for visa and booked for Sept 15th.
Please anyone that gets an earlier date should kindly indicate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
mamacajah:
Please oh, for those who applied with dependents, I saw that a document submitted is parent consent letter..please could someone post a copy or send me a dm? I am trying to create one for our application. Thanks!

Simply draft a letter addressing every requirement indicated in the guidance in the form:

• We are the parents of Master/Miss X; born [Date], passport number [Number];
• Consent to this application for a PBS Tier 4 dependant visa;
• Consent to the living arrangements made for Master/Miss X in the United Kingdom at [Address].
• Both Mr. X and Mrs. Y have legal responsibility for Master/Miss X.

Signatures of you both thereunder.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
pittoilet:

Congratulations. You got your decision via mail or until you picked up your passport?

I got to know the decision when i got my passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
ZabethMay:

Has your application been transferred to vac?

Not yet at the moment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 6:15pm On Aug 28, 2020
garuskoko:

Congratulations Bro. More good news for everyone.

Pls I need to know if I can actually go for collection of my passport next Friday. Seem TLS also open for passport return on Fridays. Someone Pls clarify.

Any day apart from Saturday and Sunday, from 10am to 3:30 is ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thanks for your response. But can we change their own appointment date? Because we will be travelling to Lagos for this purpose and we will lodge at a hotel.[quote author=Skymoore1004 post=93323062][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nattiejt:
Thanks for your response. But can we change their own appointment date? Because we will be travelling to Lagos for this purpose and we will lodge at a hotel.

Read the previous pages concerning people's experiences with trying walk-ins and make your decision.
Keep trying to get earlier appointment dates before you travel to Lagos.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Simply draft a letter addressing every requirement indicated in the guidance in the form:

• We are the parents of Master/Miss X; born [Date], passport number [Number];
• Consent to this application for a PBS Tier 4 dependant visa;
• Consent to the living arrangements made for Master/Miss X in the United Kingdom at [Address].
• Both Mr. X and Mrs. Y have legal responsibility for Master/Miss X.

Signatures of you both thereunder.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by asatin007: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hello guys. When talking about your career plans, is it okay to talk about one particular sector you'd like to work in e.g Financial Organization or you have to mention a couple more type of companies that can employ you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nattiejt:
Thanks for your response. But can we change their own appointment date? Because we will be travelling to Lagos for this purpose and we will lodge at a hotel.

Let me share my experience at the Abuja centre with you if that will help in any way. My wife is the main applicant. My daughter and I are dependants. My daughter got August 25 for premium lounge. I got August 26th for prime time. My wife got September 1 for self service at no cost. We decided to explore the possibility of using my daughter's slot on the 25th for all of us. Unfortunately, we were all in the premium lounge when we were told it is not possible since my daughter is not the main applicant. They said if we want all our applications to be consolidated, then we should all come on the main applicant's appointment day which is September 1, and they were quite tough and harsh. We left a bit dejected because we paid for flight to Abuja and were also paying hotel bills. Somehow the next day we decided to go and appeal to them again, and they were very nice, offered us a place and we all did the walk in. So in essence it is possible but fingers crossed. Its more like a gamble.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
mamacajah:

Thanks

To: Home Office UK Visas & Immigration

Date

To Whom It May Concern

Name of Child: Consent Letter for Tier 4 Dependant Child Visa Application

We (mother’s name, date of birth, gender) and (father’s name, date of birth, gender), parents of (child’s name, date of birth, gender are giving our consent for our child to apply for her Tier 4 dependant child visa for United Kingdom. We confirm that we share legal custody for child’s name.

We are travelling together as a family and his/her application is linked to the main applicant, main applicant’s name.

Please kindly note that due to the COVID–19 pandemic and the need to quarantine for 14 days, we have booked a temporary accommodation which will be confirmed once we get our visa. The booking has been attached to this application. We shall subsequently be staying in privately rented accommodation which shall also be confirmed once we get our visa.

Please contact us if any additional information is required.

Yours faithfully
Father Mother
Signature
Name
Address
Telephone
Email

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Timexy1:

We are travelling together as a family and his/her application is linked to the main applicant, main applicant’s name

I am curious...do you need consent letter if both parents are travelling ?... I would not have thought so .

Consent letter i understand if one parent is travelling and the other is not . But if both are travelling ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I am curious...do you need consent letter if both parents are travelling ?... I would not have thought so .

Consent letter i understand if one parent is travelling and the other is not . But if both are travelling ?

That was what I initially thought as well.
But the form clearly asks for a consent letter signed by both parents for each dependant child consenting to the application being made on the child's behalf, the arrangements for accommodation, etc., etc.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
[quote author=Timexy1 post=93326854]
On the document checklist, the information required in the consent letter is

Letter of consent from your parent(s) or legal guardian(s)

A letter of consent that confirms:

• the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
• consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application
• consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the address where you will be staying
• whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you
• Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter of consent, except where only one parent/legal guardian has sole responsibility for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

That was what I initially thought as well.
But the form clearly asks for a consent letter signed by both parents for each dependant child consenting to the application being made on the child's behalf, the arrangements for accommodation, etc., etc.

Thanks

Interestingly odd cheesy ....... but I guess it's their forms and their rules

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
asatin007:
Hello guys. When talking about your career plans, is it okay to talk about one particular sector you'd like to work in e.g Financial Organization or you have to mention a couple more type of companies that can employ you?

Yes.

It shows you’ve done your research and know exactly what you want.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uk4sure20: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hello guys,
For payment of TB test for family, can the fees be paid together for the whole family (main applicants and 3 dependents) or must be paid separately for individuals. I tried reaching IOM but not successful. Thanks for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
@Timexy1, Thanks a zillion..I really appreciate!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
uk4sure20:
Hello guys,
For payment of TB test for family, can the fees be paid together for the whole family (main applicants and 3 dependents) or must be paid separately for individuals. I tried reaching IOM but not successful. Thanks for your response.
paid together..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uk4sure20: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
Oh.. thanks.

mamacajah:

paid together..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mayfay20: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good everyone.
Please for those that have received visas, did any one book a temporary hotel for the visa purpose to move into an accomodation later over there.
Please can any advise on what to do in this regard. I am thinking of booking a hotel for now with free cancellation. Is it okay to make payments here for an apartment i have not yet seen or agents not verified?
Thank you in advance fellow brothers and sisters
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uk4sure20: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
Congratulation........

rs172:
Good afternoon fam,
I just got my visa.

Tb test day: June 16

Application submitted: August 3
Biometric and interview day: August 6
August 20: got a non straightforward email
August 26: Application transferred to Vac
August 27: Collection mail and text popped in.
August 28: Testimony day

@mimilyrics @justwise @lagosismyhome @mattfeuter @skymoore

Thanks guys, thanks for all the information you dish to us out free.

Hope to meet you guys.

I can't end without saying this; thank you almighty GOD.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.