Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1072088 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=bodyco post=93345979][/quote]i don’t think it’s an issue so far there is no mysterious fourth name. I had the same issue when I went to do my visitors visa and they gave me. No affidavit or anything necessary

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 10:00am On Aug 29, 2020
bodyco:

Do I just walk in there without an appointment?

Yes I did that some weeks ago. Make the payment of N8500, have the payment receipt ready then go there any time within their opening hours. Your first stop is the data processing center upstairs for confirmation of your payment. Next stop is the certificate collection office where you’ll be asked to write out the details that need to be corrected and you’ll have your new certificate in a few minutes.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2020
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. Can a passport that will expire in less than 6 month be use to apply for visa? His passport will expire April 2020 and he is going for February admission intake.

Thanks ahead for the clarity
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2020
I didn't book any temporary hotel or accommodation and my visa application was approved.
So you don't have to book temporary hotel or accommodation for visa purpose. You're not expected to do so. Just know where you'll be staying and the cost of the type of accommodation you'll need. You might be asked during your interview.

Best of luck

Mayfay20:
Good morning everyone.
Please for those that have received visas, did any one book a temporary hotel for the visa purpose to move into an accomodation later over there.
Please can any advise on what to do in this regard. I am thinking of booking a hotel for now with free cancellation. Is it okay to make payments here for an apartment i have not yet seen or agents not verified?
Thank you in advance fellow brothers and sisters
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2020
Mikeval001:
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. Can a passport that will expire in less than 6 month be use to apply for visa? His passport will expire April 2020 and he is going for February admission intake.

My uni advised me to renew my passport if the expiry date is less than 6 months from my course start date. So I renewed it to avoid issues. Your friend may not have issues with applying for a visa with the near-expired passport and if his uni doesn’t raise concerns about it, he should be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2020
Congrats. Oh I'm not sure how to amend the appointment date.

Nattiejt:
Thank you so much, I have finally been able to make payments..... another issue is ny appointment date... I got 14th, how can I amend it to an earlier date? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 10:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Ewunugaab:
Thank you so much.

Please if anyone thinks otherwise, please let me know. Thank you so much

You’re welcome. My TB certificate expired on the 27th but I emailed the Coronavirus immigration helpdesk to get clarification and that’s what I was told : if a valid TB certificate is provided with an application, it will be accepted so long as the expiry date is less than 6 months in the past as at the time a decision is made on the application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2020
bodyco:

Do I just walk in there without an appointment?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mayfay20: 10:43am On Aug 29, 2020
Thank you so much. I will just inform them of where i will be staying.
Akchi32:
I didn't book any temporary hotel or accommodation and my visa application was approved.
So you don't have to book temporary hotel or accommodation for visa purpose. You're not expected to do so. Just know where you'll be staying and the cost of the type of accommodation you'll need. You might be asked during your interview.

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Good morning family!!!
Please, kindly help me edit (Add Or Remove) from the list below and advice accordingly as I want to start buying stuff.

Best Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:
Good morning family!!!
Please, kindly help me edit (Add Or Remove) from the list below and advice accordingly as I want to start buying stuff.

Best Regards

Some of this things are easily found in UK depending on where you going....Salt for example in Tesco is like 0.40p. I think everything here is allowed but don't you think oil can spill. I would be careful about travelling with oil or any liquid .

Also remember that all airlines have a weight limit per bag .... so ensure each bag is about 23kg or you will be charged heavily for anything over
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:
Good morning family!!!

Best Regards

cheesy na food you wan go chop o... Winter jacket would have been the 1st thing on your list, na who dy alive dy chop.

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Some of this things are easily found in UK depending on where you going....Salt for example in Tesco is like 0.40p. I think everything here is allowed but don't you think oil can spill. I would be careful about travelling with oil or any liquid .

Also remember that all airlines have a weight limit per bag .... so ensure each bag is about 23kg or you will be charged heavily for anything over

Thanks so much dear
I am Headed to University of Chester and I am really banking on sealing the oil properly.
Thanks for the heads-up and would appreciate more if you think of another thing to add.

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:50am On Aug 29, 2020
Calm054:

cheesy na food you wan go chop o... Winter jacket would have been the 1st thing on your list, na who dy alive dy chop.

Loool!!!
Bro, na stage by stage na.
Food first. Then Clothes and others for sure.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

Thanks so much dear
I am Headed to University of Chester and I am really banking on sealing the oil properly.
Thanks for the heads-up and would appreciate more if you think of another thing to add.

Regards

Biko, oil is available in African shops at affordable price. Drop the oil and substitute with say more egusi, ogbono , dry fish n co.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
solarinde:

Biko, oil is available in African shops at affordable price. Drop the oil and substitute with say more egusi, ogbono , dry fish n co.

Ahhh..ok bro.
Please can U help me describe which dry fish wey no go don grow mucor before I begin Use am and possibly where in Lagos I can get it? Just that my friend said the oil sometimes are not really good and have lost taste.
Don't know how true that is.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lol... There are online stores in UK that sells all Nigerian foodstuff amd can be delivered to your doorstep anywhere in England e.g sammyonline store, wosiwosi , you don't need to carry all these load , moreover when you exhaust this will you come back to naija to get another.
Capitalbase:
Good morning family!!!

Best Regards

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lynniebabes(f): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
You can buy any dry fish, put it in your freezer it will last for years�. Go to Oyinbo market for fish shopping. Meanwhile I think red oil is not allowed on flight.

Ahhh..ok bro.
Please can U help me describe which dry fish wey no go don grow mucor before I begin Use am and possibly where in Lagos I can get it? Just that my friend said the oil sometimes are not really good and have lost taste.

Thanks.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2020
iamlinton:
Lol... There are online stores in UK that sells all Nigerian foodstuff amd can be delivered to your doorstep anywhere in England e.g sammyonline store, wosiwosi , you don't need to carry all these load , moreover when you exhaust this will you come back to naija to get another.

Since he will have the luggage space for it, why not? At least he gets to travel with local foodstuffs that would hold him for a period of time before he can start shopping for them online.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

Ahhh..ok bro.

Thanks.
The oil is really good. You have options of Nigeria oil, Ghanaian oil and other African oil

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mindlog: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

Ahhh..ok bro.

Thanks.

Go shopping at Oyingbo market for the list you have there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
lynniebabes:
You can buy any dry fish, put it in your freezer it will last for years�. Go to Oyinbo market for fish shopping. Meanwhile I think red oil is not allowed on flight.

Ahhh..ok bro.

Thanks.

Thank you fine woman.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
cheesy grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
solarinde:

The oil is really good. You have options of Nigeria oil, Ghanaian oil and other African oil

In that case I humbly remove oil my dear.
Thanks for helping me save space.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Plus avoid carrying Liquid..it will be seized at the point of entry when your bag is scanned.

Cheers

Capitalbase:

In that case I humbly remove oil my dear.
Thanks for helping me save space.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello,

There's no temporary booking for your visa interview.The best is to keep rescheduling your dates.

Rememeber you will lose the value added services you have paid for.

Cheers

mamacajah:
Do we need to do a temporal booking for the visa interview, that can be changed later for a more permanent one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello

No, he has to reapply for a new passport

Cheers

Mikeval001:
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend[b]. Can a passport that will expire in less than 6 month be use to apply for visa[/b]? His passport will expire April 2020 and he is going for February admission intake.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 1:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello

The most important information are your First Name and Last name (i.e forename and family name).As long as that is the same in all documents the third name doesn't matter.

In future stick to one pattern either all 3 or only 2

Cheers

bodyco:
Your opinion is needed.
I have three names on my bank account statement, two names on my passport and then two names likely on my CAS which is yet to come, my TB cert also has two names.
Although I have been advised to get an affidavit, I'm worried if it will suffice. However, I have the opportunity of renewing my passport which expires in less than 6months and get the name reconciled. But the challenge also would be to amend my TB cert. What should I do. Anyone with such experience before

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 1:07pm On Aug 29, 2020
@capitalbase, you are on the right track..everyone forgets you have to self-quarantine when you arrive and when you see the cost of the goods there.. your eyes go red. You won't have access to buy things online immediately after arrival, so why not take some things to help during the quarantine period.
So if you have the baggage space, abeg buy the things and package them well. Look for the well dried fish att he Oyinbo market, if possible, break it apart and remove the bones, it will reduce the space and enable you carry extra things.
For your maggis, take some not plenty, you will variety there.. blend your ogbono,egusi, crayfish and dry them at home under the fan ..within three days , they will be completely dry and lose their smell, then put them into ziplogs in the freezers till when you want to travel.
For oil, depending on when you plan to travel, I normally use 1 ragolis bottle and put the oil in the freezer, at least 3 weeks before travelling, It would be so blocked..people travel with oil severally, they just get it frozen in the freezer and use cold warmers to preserve it ( I don't have that though, so can't describe it )..
and the best thing I learnt recently.. prepare better jollof rice, chicken and smallchops, to eat at the airport or on the plane after boarding.. especially good for families with children or people who can't eat airline foods..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
solarinde:

Depending on where you are going oh.. some najia foodstuffs outside London are hard to find and very expensive..

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.