Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093573 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
ipassu:
Hello All,
I am planning to travel with my wife and child for studies in the Uk, while filling the vias application form for my son, at the document section we were requested to provide a letter of consent for the child. Since I am travelling with my wife and we have the birth certificate of the child do we still need to provide a consent letter?
Thanks in advance for you answers.

Consent letter not required - in this case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ewunugaab: 11:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
I honestly don't understand the bold part please. I don't know if you can further explain.

My TB would expire on the 24th of September, and my interview date is 8th of September. This is my own case. Please I need an advice on what to do ASAP please. If there's anyone I'm to mail, please help me with their email address or should I go for a new test? Thanks as I await responses.

naledis:

You’re welcome. My TB certificate expired on the 27th but I emailed the Coronavirus immigration helpdesk to get clarification and that’s what I was told : if a valid TB certificate is provided with an application, it will be accepted[b] so long as the expiry date is less than 6 months in the past as at the time a decision is made on the application[/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 3:57am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello,

If it flags up at the compulsory document section then yes it is required.

Both parents have to consent to the Tier 4 Dependant application for the child.

This was discussed a few pages behind and someone tried to drop a sample letter.

Cheers

ipassu:
Hello All,
I am planning to travel with my wife and child for studies in the Uk, while filling the vias application form for my son, at the document section we were requested to provide a letter of consent for the child[b]. Since I am travelling with my wife and we have the birth certificate of the child do we still need to provide a consent letter?[/b]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello,

With the dates you have mentioned your TB certificate is still valid and you won't need to have another.

After a while in the UK , you'll receive a letter for another TB test within the UK to check for Latent TB(not active TB)in your system.I recall this is usually blood

Others can add

Cheers

Ewunugaab:
I honestly don't understand the bold part please. I don't know if you can further explain.

My TB would expire on the 24th of September, and my interview date is 8th of September. This is my own case. Please I need an advice on what to do ASAP please. If there's anyone I'm to mail, please help me with their email address or should I go for a new test? Thanks as I await responses.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello,

You are allowed to arrive the UK 3,months before the start of your course.To avoid high cost of living people opt for a month to a few weeks before their course start date.

This decision is entirely up to you.

Your reference date shouldn't be your latest resumption date please. That is you already walking on thin egg shells.

Vignette for now is 90days but that could also change so make sure you stay informed.

Cheers

Fwaz:
Please my course start date is 07/09/2020 and my latest resumption date is 01/02/2021.. I'm about applying for a visa, is it advisable to choose a later date as when I plan to arrived in the Uk.. thinking of November or December
0r should I stick to a date before the course start date..

For those whom have received their Visa please how month vignette sticker was written on it?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 4:53am On Aug 30, 2020
bodyco:
Your opinion is needed.
I have three names on my bank account statement, two names on my passport and then two names likely on my CAS which is yet to come, my TB cert also has two names.
Although I have been advised to get an affidavit, I'm worried if it will suffice. However, I have the opportunity of renewing my passport which expires in less than 6months and get the name reconciled. But the challenge also would be to amend my TB cert. What should I do. Anyone with such experience before
Renew your passport, but u still need to get an affidavit to reconcile the other documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fwaz: 5:45am On Aug 30, 2020
Thanks duchess90... My main concern is that my course will be starting 7 September, even if I said I will arrive UK by 5th or 6th September, the chances of getting a visa before those dates is only when I opt for priority or super priority.. I read somewhere that UKVI will be considerate due to pandemic. I will be starting the course online so I thought maybe I can choose a date after the course start date and go with standard visa. Do you think the ECO will have any doubt?
Please do you suggest I stick to a date before the course start date?
What if I indicate that I'm starting the course online and I choose to arrive UK after a month?

NOTE: getting a biometric date is another thing on its own.maybe that's why the latest resumption date was extended till February.i read here that walk in isn't available in some Visa centers
duchess90:
Hello,

You are allowed to arrive the UK 3,months before the start of your course.To avoid high cost of living people opt for a month to a few weeks before their course start date.

This decision is entirely up to you.

Your reference date shouldn't be your latest resumption date please. That is you already walking on thin egg shells.

Vignette for now is 90days but that could also change so make sure you stay informed.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 7:28am On Aug 30, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Not Required for applicants from Nigeria.
Some unis require it fir healthcare courses. So it might be needed during the visa process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello Fwaz,

This is understandable, if your school is implementing hybrid then that should be alright. Your course date will remain same, difference is you are starting online, this you can address in your cover letter and it should be alright.

Can I ask if there is another date that has been advised for you to resume physical studies? That should be your cue for when you would likely arrive the UK when making your visa application.

You have to work closely with the school because hybrid processes are different, double check the dates and your application and allow them advice on how you will proceed

Cheers

Fwaz:
Thanks duchess90... My main concern is that my course will be starting 7 September, even if I said I will arrive UK by 5th or 6th September, the chances of getting a visa before those dates is only when I opt for priority or super priority.. I read somewhere that UKVI will be considerate due to pandemic. I will be starting the course online so I thought maybe I can choose a date after the course start date and go with standard visa. Do you think the ECO will have any doubt?
Please do you suggest I stick to a date before the course start date?
What if I indicate that I'm starting the course online and I choose to arrive UK after a month?

NOTE: getting a biometric date is another thing on its own.maybe that's why the latest resumption date was extended till February.i read here that walk in isn't available in some Visa centers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Razelce: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Yes ...it always your choice on which dependent you choose to add or remove . Just fulfil the financial requirements

Thanks a lot ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 9:03am On Aug 30, 2020
Good morning guys, hope the weekend us going fine?

I want to ask, if there is any information regarding Covid19 test certificate for travelling
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2020
Zeecos;
You mean some universities will require me, to write a consent letter, consenting for my son to travel with me and my wife? Even with a valid birt certificate?

I think you might be mistaken.

Zeecos:

Some unis require it fir healthcare courses. So it might be needed during the visa process.

LaaJiblik:

Consent letter not required - in this case.
ipassu:
Hello All,
I am planning to travel with my wife and child for studies in the Uk, while filling the vias application form for my son, at the document section we were requested to provide a letter of consent for the child. Since I am travelling with my wife and we have the birth certificate of the child do we still need to provide a consent letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2020
LaaJiblik:
Zeecos;
You mean some universities will require me, to write a consent letter, consenting for my son to travel with me and my wife? Even with a valid birt certificate?

Not some universities, the UKVI.
We've discussed this up above; that's the requirement, however strange it seems.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ewunugaab: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2020
Thank you so much. I'd use the Current TB certificate then.

duchess90:
Hello,

With the dates you have mentioned your TB certificate is still valid and you won't need to have another.

After a while in the UK , you'll receive a letter for another TB test within the UK to check for Latent TB(not active TB)in your system.I recall this is usually blood

Others can add

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2020
LaaJiblik:
Zeecos;

I think the person was talking about police report.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2020
Zeecos:

Its not needed for interview. Only to be presented in school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 10:52am On Aug 30, 2020
LaaJiblik:
Zeecos;

I was referring to a police report not consent letter for a child

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2020
liliberth:

Its not needed for interview. Only to be presented in school.
If its mentioned in your cas, you'd need to present it during the visa process. For healthcare courses you usually need a dbs certificate in order to yet an unconditional offer but you can only apply for that in the UK, so some universities ask for a police report from your country instead.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 10:59am On Aug 30, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Not some universities, the UKVI.
We've discussed this up above; that's the requirement, however strange it seems.
I was referring to police report not consent letter for a child

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 11:11am On Aug 30, 2020
Hello,

Check the airlines you intend to fly with and their requirements in addition to Nigeria and the UK borders.
For example :Emirates requires COViD test within 96hrs from when the sample was taken ,they also have a list of hospital/lab for it.

Cheers

rs172:
Good morning guys, hope the weekend us going fine?

I want to ask, if there is any information regarding Covid19 test certificate for travelling
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:25am On Aug 30, 2020
Does your school have a Nigerian rep? Such will be best to advise you on this

Fwaz:
Please my course start date is 07/09/2020 and my latest resumption date is 01/02/2021.. I'm about applying for a visa, is it advisable to choose a later date as when I plan to arrived in the Uk.. thinking of November or December
0r should I stick to a date before the course start date..

For those whom have received their Visa please how month vignette sticker was written on it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pineberries(f): 12:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
Good afternoon. My friend want to use her dad's statement of account to apply for visa.The money is in treasury bills, it will mature first week in October and that's when her school will resume. The printed statement of account is reflecting the money needed but it it advisable for her to use it to apply for visa because I haven't heard of anyone using it. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
No please.
Pineberries:
Good afternoon. My friend want to use her dad's statement of account to apply for visa.The money is in treasury bills, it will mature first week in October and that's when her school will resume. The printed statement of account is reflecting the money needed but it it advisable for her to use it to apply for visa because I haven't heard of anyone using it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2020
duchess90:
Hello,

Check the airlines you intend to fly with and their requirements in addition to Nigeria and the UK borders.
For example :Emirates requires COViD test within 96hrs from when the sample was taken ,they also have a list of hospital/lab for it.

Cheers

Ok bro.. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2020
For those waiting for their bank statements to meet the 28-day requirement, don’t forget to monitor the exchange rate on Oanda especially if you didn’t make extra provision to hedge against sudden spikes in exchange rate.

It’s N518 as of today.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2020
You can only use cash funds in your case. So I'd advice that the treasury bills should be converted into cash and put in a savings/current account for the 28-day count.
Pineberries:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
naledis:
For those waiting for their bank statements to meet the 28-day requirement, don’t forget to monitor the exchange rate on Oanda especially if you didn’t make extra provision to hedge against sudden spikes in exchange rate.

It’s N518 as of today.

Oanda has really been wilding angry

It was N510 on Friday and N515 yesterday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

The thing shock me. It's 518 today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
naledis:

It’s N518 as of today.

This is crazy sha. I hope I can combine two account statements as POF. The spikes are unbelievable.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

Let’s see if it gets better in the coming week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
jadepinkett:

This is crazy sha. I hope I can combine two account statements as POF. The spikes are unbelievable.

Yes you can. Are both accounts in your name?

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.