Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,486 members, 7,770,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1072122 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
duchess90:

Plus avoid carrying Liquid..it will be seized at the point of entry when your bag is scanned.

Cheers

If you wanna really carry oil. You get it frozen. Then you are good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:
Good morning family!!!
Please, kindly help me edit (Add Or Remove) from the list below and advice accordingly as I want to start buying stuff.

Best Regards

Thread carefully else you end up shopping for Nigeria customs.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello,
I know people that froze red oil,coconut oil etc and still had it seized..it's better safe than sorry.

Like @mattfeuter said unless you are shopping for Nigeria Customs or your item will end up in an incinerator or landfill in the UK .

Cheers

solarinde:

If you wanna really carry oil. You get it frozen. Then you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

Thread carefully else you end up shopping for Nigeria customs.
abi �����
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Did you just say dried okro? Lol. How that one go taste please?.

I think they have okro there so no need for that.

Capitalbase:
Good morning family!!!
Please, kindly help me edit (Add Or Remove) from the list below and advice accordingly as I want to start buying stuff.

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
mamacajah:
@capitalbase, you are on the right track..everyone forgets you have to self-quarantine when you arrive and when you see the cost of the goods there.. your eyes go red. You won't have access to buy things online immediately after arrival, so why not take some things to help during the quarantine period.
So if you have the baggage space, abeg buy the things and package them well. Look for the well dried fish att he Oyinbo market, if possible, break it apart and remove the bones, it will reduce the space and enable you carry extra things.
For your maggis, take some not plenty, you will variety there.. blend your ogbono,egusi, crayfish and dry them at home under the fan ..within three days , they will be completely dry and lose their smell, then put them into ziplogs in the freezers till when you want to travel.
For oil, depending on when you plan to travel, I normally use 1 ragolis bottle and put the oil in the freezer, at least 3 weeks before travelling, It would be so blocked..people travel with oil severally, they just get it frozen in the freezer and use cold warmers to preserve it ( I don't have that though, so can't describe it )..
and the best thing I learnt recently.. prepare better jollof rice, chicken and smallchops, to eat at the airport or on the plane after boarding.. especially good for families with children or people who can't eat airline foods..

Thank you so much madam!!!
I am really grateful and will take all that You have adviced. The only problem is that I might not be able to refrigerate the oil since I will only be in Lagos for 4 days before departure so I intend to buy everything in one day or two. I would appreciate further suggestions.

Best Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Donracy:
Did you just say dried okro? Lol. How that one go taste please?.

I think they have okro there so no need for that.

grin grin grin
My broda, Na better delicacy be that o!!!
Don't worry, I go call U come chop after cooking it.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Lol are you from the north? Because I think it's the Northerners who use dried okro to make tuwoo shinkafa

Capitalbase:

grin grin grin

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 2:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

grin grin grin

Cheers
Actually, if you noticed I avoided talking about okro..becos you can actually get it there (I think in Asda, they sell a pack of frozen cut ones)
Others have advised against the oil, so to be on the safe side, you might leave it out..
if you are only going to be Lagos for a few days, then I woudn't advise you go through all this stress..buy it where you are coming fom and dry it..if not possible, get someone in Lagos to help you buy it down and dry it for you.. otherwise, just get a few items and take enough to last you for 2 weeks until you can begin to move around..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
mamacajah:

Actually, if you noticed I avoided talking about okro..becos you can actually get it there (I think in Asda, they sell a pack of frozen cut ones)
Others have advised against the oil, so to be on the safe side, you might leave it out..
if you are only going to be Lagos for a few days, then I woudn't advise you go through all this stress..buy it where you are coming fom and dry it..if not possible, get someone in Lagos to help you buy it down and dry it for you.. otherwise, just get a few items and take enough to last you for 2 weeks until you can begin to move around..

Ok madam. Noted.

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Dried Okro is different. It is grinded or pounded into powder form. The texture is very smooth. It can last months/years if properly stored in an air tight container.

Tastes way better than the fresh one. I don’t think he will leave Nigeria without his Okro!

mamacajah:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

Thank you so much madam!!!
I am really grateful and will take all that You have adviced. The only problem is that I might not be able to refrigerate the oil since I will only be in Lagos for 4 days before departure so I intend to buy everything in one day or two. I would appreciate further suggestions.

Best Regards
Bro, ur interview went fine, right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 3:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
Benediktejike:

Bro, ur interview went fine, right?

My chief,
I Bless God.
Just the normal 4 questions na.
Let's hope for the best.
I am only trying to make all lists necessary so I can buy in a day or two and pack and travel.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

My chief,
I Bless God.
Just the normal 4 questions na.
Let's hope for the best.
I am only trying to make all lists necessary so I can buy in a day or two and pack and travel.

Regards

Great!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 3:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Sonarirok:

Dried Okro is different. It is grinded or pounded into powder form. The texture is very smooth. It can last months/years if properly stored in an air tight container.

Tastes way better than the fresh one. I don’t think he will leave Nigeria without his Okro!

Loool!!!
My brother U are there!!!!!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
OMG! PLEASE WAS THIS LAGOS OR ABUJA?

solarinde:

Ok.
Details here on how it goes
1.Your name
2.Date of birth
3.Nationality
4.What course
5.Why the course
6.What will the course do for you
What course
8.What qualifications will u get
9.How much will you earn
10.Why UK ? I don’t wanna hear global recognition & higher education standards.
11University rankings
12.Course ranking
13. How many uni did you applied to?
14. How many gave you offer?
15. What courses or course did you applied for?
16. What will you be working as?
17. What salary will you get?
18. How did you know that is the salary?.
And others am still booting up to remember.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
Someone should help me out here.
So, under course name, i wrote Electronic and electrical engineering " without including" Msc". Is it a major problem?
Cc mimilyrics, justwise, duchess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
Benediktejike:
Someone should help me out here.
So, under course name, i wrote Electronic and electrical engineering " without including" Msc". Is it a major problem?
Cc mimilyrics, justwise, duchess

No its not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bubblewitch: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Capitalbase:

In that case I humbly remove oil my dear.
Thanks for helping me save space.

Thanks
for checked in bags?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
Best to renew it now in Naija. If for nothing else, because it is a pain in the backside to do it in the UK.

Mikeval001:
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend. Can a passport that will expire in less than 6 month be use to apply for visa? His passport will expire April 2020 and he is going for February admission intake.

Thanks ahead for the clarity

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Razelce: 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
Please I am a student in uk. I have two kids but I want to apply for dependent for just one kid and hubby. Is it possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
Bubblewitch:
for checked in bags?

Yes bro!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Razelce:
Please I am a student in uk. I have two kids but I want to apply for dependent for just one kid and hubby. Is it possible

Yes ...it always your choice on which dependent you choose to add or remove . Just fulfil the financial requirements
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Faireee: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
Good evening everyone, please did anyone submit a police report during his/her visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
Faireee:
Good evening everyone, please did anyone submit a police report during his/her visa application?

Not Required for applicants from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
Access2017:
OMG! PLEASE WAS THIS LAGOS OR ABUJA?

Lagos. Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Faireee:

Yes. I submitted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
justwise:

No its not

Thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Faireee: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Thank you
LaaJiblik:

Not Required for applicants from Nigeria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Faireee: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Alright. Thank you.
solarinde:

Yes. I submitted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ipassu: 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hello All,
I am planning to travel with my wife and child for studies in the Uk, while filling the vias application form for my son, at the document section we were requested to provide a letter of consent for the child. Since I am travelling with my wife and we have the birth certificate of the child do we still need to provide a consent letter?
Thanks in advance for you answers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fwaz: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Please my course start date is 07/09/2020 and my latest resumption date is 01/02/2021.. I'm about applying for a visa, is it advisable to choose a later date as when I plan to arrived in the Uk.. thinking of November or December
0r should I stick to a date before the course start date..

For those whom have received their Visa please how month vignette sticker was written on it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.