Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,014 members, 7,810,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087196 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lacrimossa2020:

Factor-in food, clothing, flenjoying and see say na only 7k fit remain. Also depends on the schools fees sha. Must have been Teeside school fees�
With all that and even more.... its quite funny but some earn very more than that working 20 hours as a student.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Yes sorry, 150k*
mimilyrics:
It's £300 per year for students but since 4-6 months is added, it's £450 payable for 1 year programs.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Cc: Toylicks sorry my mistake earlier
mimilyrics:
It's £300 per year for students but since 4-6 months is added, it's £450 payable for 1 year programs.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Let’s say is even “possible”, but that probably worked for him. It may not work for others.

Nobody, I repeat nobody should ever believe that you can study and work in the U.K. to pay off your tuition & living expenses, yet still live the “abroad luxury” people always imagine.

90% of the time, you are forced to breach your 20 hours a week allowance or start a self employed side hustle. Even if you’re earning well, e go still dey pain you to pay off the tuition. If someone ask for you loan, you go think am well before you even give response. U.K. is survival of the fittest. When you reach, you shine your eyes well.

One Nairalander is asking Justwise to tell him the sort of job he did. Why should he? Everyone has their secret to success and do not owe anyone an explanation of how they made it. You that is asking, will you tell someone exactly how you made your success?

Let’s leave this talk abeg
I disagree with this.
Nna... no be so

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2020
So you can work 20 hours a week, 40 hours during holiday time to pay of your tuition & expenses, yet live luxury? Ok that’s good for you.
STENON:
I disagree with this.
Nna... no be so
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lacrimossa2020:

Factor-in food, clothing, flenjoying and see say na only 7k fit remain. Also depends on the schools fees sha. Must have been Teeside school fees�

All this one you guys are saying is skoto meow........oga said have everything prepared before leaving Nigeria. Don't cheat the government. So if he didn't have everything and worked why discourage people who want a better living outside. That's my own question.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
So you can work 20 hours a week, 40 hours during term time to pay of your tuition & expenses, yet live luxury? Ok that’s good for you.
Yes and Yes.. not even 40 hours term time. I am working 35 hours term time after final submisison of my dissertation cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
LMAO!!! Nobody is even asking when he finished school sef... cheesy cheesy you guys are just calculating
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
and you’re proud to publicly accept that you’re breaching the conditions (hours) of your visa?

Congratulations!
STENON:
Yes and Yes.. not even 40 hours term time. I am working 35 hours term time cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
The best is to pick sense in what Justwise has said. UKVI didn't send him a letter for breach of student visa or anything, he studied, sticked to the rule and finished well. He has been advising people to stick to UKVI rules which is an advantage if we do that. He is living his good life in UK.

If you like work 100 hours per week, remember everything has a record and your future applications shall tell the story.

Peace !!!

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
and you’re proud to publicly accept that you’re breaching the conditions (hours) of your visa?

Congratulations!
You may be high this afternoon. 35 hours work during holiday and 20 hours during school term. School is on session now for those writing dissertation and that resumed for september 2019. I have submitted my dissertation and very eligible to work full time. What else??

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
Are you directly related to Justwise? Or do you know him personally?

How many times do UKVI send such letters?
If you like work 100hours yen yen yen
Awon aspire to inspire.
STENON:
The best is to pick sense in what Justwise has said. UKVI didn't send him a letter for breach of student visa or anything, he studied, sticked to the rule and finished well. He has been advising people to stick to UKVI rules which is an advantage if we do that. He is living his good life in UK.

If you like work 100 hours per week, remember everything has a record and your future applications shall tell the story.

Peace !!!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
You have submitted your dissertation? Eya congratulations, see you soon at Murtala Mohammed or Nnamdi Azikwe lmaoooo
STENON:
You may be high this afternoon. 35 hours work during holiday and 20 hours during school term. School is on session now for those writing dissertation and that resumed for september 2019. I have submitted my dissertation and very eligible to work full time. What else??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Are you directly related to Justwise? Or do you know him personally?

How many times do UKVI send such letters?
If you like work 100hours yen yen yen
Awon aspire to inspire.
Get your tier 4 student visa first before joining the aspirers gang tongue

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lmaoooo who told you I’m looking at U.K. solely to study ? Which city are you in? Email me let’s meet in July.
I will be visiting ending. Or respond to my email wink
STENON:
Get your tier 4 student visa first before joining the aspirers gang tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Lmaoooo who told you I’m looking at U.K. solely to study ? Which city are you in? Email me let’s meet in July.
I will be visiting ending. Or respond to my email wink
No..let's meet at Murtala Mohammed or Nnamdi Azikwe wink

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
That’s going to be in October, because that’s when your BRP is likely to expire. Would have been nice to meet you in the UK since you’ve got doubts lol. Anyhow anyhow
STENON:
No..let's meet at Murtala Mohammed or Nnamdi Azikwe wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
That’s going to be in October, because that’s when your BRP is likely to expire. Would have been nice to meet you in the UK since you’ve got doubts lol. Anyhow anyhow
Even those that their BRP have expired since march 2020 have not left and are legally allowed to stay till July ...so why rushing us... undecided embarassed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
@Skymoore1004

Please can I politely ask you to stop detailing this thread on this issue. I have no explanation to give any living being here, if you don’t believe me fine you have your right not to.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
I’m sorry but why is it just my handle you saw? Was I the only one “not believing you”? Why me exactly? Just curious
justwise:
@Skymoore1004

Please can I politely ask you to stop detailing this thread on this issue. I have explanation to give any living being here, if you don’t believe me fine you have your right not to.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
liliberth:

All this one you guys are saying is skoto meow........oga said have everything prepared before leaving Nigeria. Don't cheat the government. So if he didn't have everything and worked why discourage people who want a better living outside. That's my own question.

Just in case I have not said this enough let me repeat again.

Do not come to the U.K if you are not prepared and be honest in your application.

Now if you found that troubling then don’t bother reading my post because I will keep repeating it.

And lastly..this thread will not be derailed again on this issue.

Feel free to start a thread elsewhere to continue

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:

Peace !!!

Please don’t bother, it’s completely waste of time and energy repeating something I have explained many times in this section in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
What about biometrics capturing..

Is there no fee for it?

Or is it free?

Thanks as anyone can share light on this

Thanks

These are all I have been able to find out

1. School fees

2. Maintenance fee = 9200 Gbp

3. Visa fee = 346 Gbp

4 Tb test fee = $150

5. Flight ticket

These are all I know

Is there any other expense one needs to plan for?

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
Your visa fee covers your biometrics.

Latito442:

Is there no fee for it?

Or is it free?

Thanks

1. School fees

3. Visa fee = 346 Gbp

4 Tb test fee = $150

5. Flight ticket

These are all I know

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Latito442:

Is there no fee for it?

Or is it free?

Thanks

1. School fees

3. Visa fee = 346 Gbp

4 Tb test fee = $150

5. Flight ticket

These are all I know

It included... point to note, VISA fees has 3 siblings aka types. So depends on the one you want

Standard, priority and supper priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
mimilyrics:

Is it same for 2yr courses?

If more, will I need to pay it all at once?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
Yes, IHS costs are paid upfront during your application process.
It's £300 for each year of your course + £150 for the extra 4-6 months after your course ends. So for a year course, you'd be paying £750 (£300*2+£150).
The fee changes to £470 (Tier 4 and Tier 5 applicants) and £624 (other adult categories) in October though so if your application is made from October, you'd be paying more. IHS fees for 2 year course in October will be 470*2 (IHS fee for 2 years) +235 (IHS for 4-6 months) =1,175.

bisi16:

Is it same for 2yr courses?

If more, will I need to pay it all at once?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ikjosh04: 5:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

You are making unfounded assumptions.
You have no idea how much I was earning then to be able to sponsor myself, so stick to facts you know.
Justwise and others pls what type of jobs will you recommend for someone that is hoping to pay 20-40% of his tution fee using the money earn from the job while studying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Justwise and others pls what type of jobs will you recommend for someone that is hoping to pay 20-40% of his tution fee using the money earn from the job while studying?

1.How much is that 20-40%

2. Masters or undergraduate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ikjosh04: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

1.How much is that 20-40%

2. Masters or undergraduate?
Msc in an engineering course.
Tution fee:£20k plus. Discount of £3k plus is very likely to be given. Now looking to raise £6000 to complete the tution fee and also the living expenses for the 1yr program will be taken care of by the money earn while working in uk.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 6:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks
so......

1. School fees

3. Visa fee = 346 Gbp

4 Tb test fee = $150

5. Flight ticket

6. IHS fee = 470 Gbp

So these are the expenses I should worry about

And Whats the diifference btw NHS and IHS (google seems to be confusing me the more).should I just limit my concern to IHS fees?

mimilyrics:
You missed out IHS cost of £450 for 1 year courses (300 for each year of your course and 150 for the extra time granted after your course ends).
It will go up to £470 (Tier 4 and Tier 5 applications) and £624 (for other adult categories) in October 2020.

Correction:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
You'd be paying £450 if you apply before October and if your course is for one year.

IHS is the fee you pay to use the NHS while you live in the UK.

toyclicks:
Thanks
so......

1. School fees

3. Visa fee = 346 Gbp

4 Tb test fee = $150

5. Flight ticket

6. IHS fee = 470 Gbp

So these are the expenses I should worry about

And Whats the diifference btw NHS and IHS (google seems to be confusing me the more).should I just limit my concern to IHS fees?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.