Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090061 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
I hope to apply for Visa by early August.

This NHS fee must be paid before I apply for Visa. Right?

My school resumes Sept 28

mimilyrics:
You'd be paying £450 if you apply before October and if your course is for one year.

IHS is the fee you pay to use the NHS while you live in the UK.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
toyclicks:

Yes, so I was told. Do you have any clue when Visa office in Nigeria will open? I also would be applying be first week of August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
You submit your application, pay IHS & visa fee and book your appointment.
toyclicks:

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ikjosh04:

Msc in an engineering course.
Tution fee:£20k plus. Discount of £3k plus is very likely to be given. Now looking to raise £6000 to complete the tution fee and also the living expenses for the 1yr program will be taken care of by the money earn while working in uk.

You can't make it because you wouldn't have the time, if you are starting Sept you have only about 2 and half months to work 20hrs a wk( if you are able to get a job before Oct) then you have 2-3 weeks Xmas holiday, you will be coming back to start second semester then another 2-3weeks Easter holiday which will be likely occupied by your final project.

Another issue here is the coronavirus impact on the economy, job maybe hard to come by.

If you can take a loan and come Jan 2021, you will have more time to work to pay back the loan at the end of your studies

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lacrimossa2020: 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

You can't make it because you wouldn't have the time, if you are starting Sept you have only about 2 and half months to work 20hrs a wk( if you are able to get a job before Oct) then you have 2-3 weeks Xmas holiday, you will be coming back to start second semester then another 2-3weeks Easter holiday which will be likely occupied by your final project.

Another issue here is the coronavirus impact on the economy, job maybe hard to come by.

If you can take a loan and come Jan 2021, you will have more time to work to pay back the loan at the end of your studies

Who else loves justwise?!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Just you grin cheesy smiley wink cool kiss
Lacrimossa2020:

Who else loves justwise?!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RalphJean: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lacrimossa2020: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Just you grin cheesy smiley wink cool kiss

I don't mind kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lacrimossa2020: 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2020
In other news, I read that English Universities have been instructed to put a cap on the number of Scottish and Wales students they will admit. Probably trying to make room for international students with 3x the fees of home students.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks

mimilyrics:
You submit your application, pay IHS & visa fee and book your appointment.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Lacrimossa2020:
In other news, I read that English Universities have been instructed to put a cap on the number of Scottish and Wales students they will admit. Probably trying to make room for international students with 3x the fees of home students.

Where did you read that from?

There is nothing like Scottish or Welsh students. When applying, you don’t even have a Scotland or Wales or England or Northern Ireland option. You have United Kingdom.
How then can ‘English’ unis receive instructions? From who?

This is fake information

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:
My first employer at the care home paid it for me but I didn't get it at the end of the financial year despite my tier 4 student visa. My current employer doesn't pay because of my student visa status when I started work with them and HMRC brought a letter for me that I am owning. I am just confused as I don't know the right approach to solve this. embarassed

Update ***
I called HMRC today and told them about the tax letter and it was confirmed to be true. I gave my new employer P45 from my old employer and I think they didn't act well on it. HMRC said I don't need to worry much about it as the mistake was from my new employer so the payment will be spread for 12 months.
The annual personal allowance of £12,500 is not taxable, but any amount above that amount is taxable for income tax irrespective of your visa status.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Where did you read that from?

There is nothing like Scottish or Welsh students. When applying, you don’t even have a Scotland or Wales or England or Northern Ireland option. You have United Kingdom.
How then can ‘English’ unis receive instructions? From who?

This is fake information
very true. I actually read the news about 2-3days ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/education/2020/may/31/uk-university-leaders-angry-over-plans-to-cap-student-numbers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:

Update ***
I called HMRC today and told them about the tax letter and it was confirmed to be true. I gave my new employer P45 from my old employer and I think they didn't act well on it. HMRC said I don't need to worry much about it as the mistake was from my new employer so the payment will be spread for 12 months.
The annual personal allowance of £12,500 is not taxable, but any amount above that amount is taxable for income tax irrespective of your visa status.

Yayy...thank God it ended well even though I no sabi lols
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:

Update ***

Thanks for the update, so you will not be getting refund from the previous place of work?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

Thanks for the update, so you will not be getting refund from the previous place of work?
Yes, I won't get any refund from the previous place of work. According to HMRC the tax paid by the previous employer was removed from the total income tax I am owning for 2019-2020. Assuming my new employer has paid the income tax for me, I should have been eligible for a refund from previous employer but without any debt.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:
Yes, I won't get any refund from the previous place of work. According to HMRC the tax paid by the previous employer was removed from the total income tax I am owning for 2019-2020. Assuming my new employer has paid the income tax for me, I should have been eligible for a refund from previous employer but without any debt.

Interesting..let me ask you this though..in your payslip are they removing any tax? I mean your current employer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ikjosh04: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ok, thank you.
justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
It's for undergraduate student not Msc students.

STENON:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/education/2020/may/31/uk-university-leaders-angry-over-plans-to-cap-student-numbers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:

Update ***

Finally, we have put to rest the erroneous thinking (even by some very high ranking members of this thread) that students don’t pay personal income tax.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

Interesting..let me ask you this though..in your payslip are they removing any tax? I mean your current employer
Thansk, my current employer is removing NI tax but not removing income tax till April salary payslip.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
Akchi32:
It's for undergraduate student not Msc students.

Maybe or Maybe not as I just made a comment without reference to either undergraduate or postgraduate students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:
Thansk, my current employer is removing NI tax but not removing income tax yet

That makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

That makes sense.
I saw 0 for income tax on my P60 that was sent in april 2020.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2020
Thanks STENON

STENON:

Sorry Lacrimossa: it’s not fake Afterall as STENON just posted a Guardian link.
Although you mixed up the story in your post though. The story seemed to suggest the discussion around placing a cap is the other way round.

Lacrimossa2020:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
STENON:
I saw 0 for income tax on my P60 that was sent in april 2020.

Ok, was about to ask you to check P60, 12 months repayment plan seems fair.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
justwise:

Ok, was about to ask you to check P60, 12 months repayment plan seems fair.
Thanks. Really grateful for your help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.