Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91292 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Bukden16(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
samwash:

That's a lovely husband you have.
If I may ask you, you kwn ur man better, has he been doing this before you guys got married or his behavior just suddenly change ?
Pple like him don't like seeing dirty & can't stay in dis-organize environment. Just try to always cushion him.
I have seen few men like him, when you look deep down family history you will be amazed that it boils down to good parental up bring. From expirence.

For your insight and deep analysis, I comot cap for you.
One cartoon of Hero for you.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Ken4agent(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

Yur write up is touching. It simply shows u are not insensitive like some foolish ladies that will see it as a man job to labour himself to hospital because wify is nursing mother.

Your fear is right. Stress lower immune system and predisposes the fellow to all kinds of infecteous disease including coro virus.

But I will suggest yu guys employ a visiting house help till yu are stronger. Even though yu sounded like yu are lazy with chores .....cos a pregnant woman do all house chores talkless of a breastfeeding mother.....

No let stress chase guyman into d hand of side chick grin some side chick can kill married men with pamper oh grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NairaMaster1(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

May your days be long

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by DATACUG00000(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
grin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by idonhammer: 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Women are the most confused species on the planet Earth. You fu.uck Dem too much, Dem go complain, you fu.uck Dem small,wahala, you help Dem with house chores, they will call you a weakly, you no help at all, they will call you a wicked man.

You give Dem too much money, they will say you are spending too much, you give Dem small,they will call you a stingy man and cheat the hell out of you.

Wetin be una problem sef?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by airminem(f): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
lipsrsealed
Because the whole point is to control women right? Gosh!

lomprico:

shut up and thank God for giving you such a husband.

gosh! what do women really want angry
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Alexk2(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
haaaa....sometimes I wish I can know what women really really want but alas, there wants are almost always undefined, ever changing, impossible to decode. God save us o
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by AmeLonRo(m): 9:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Your home is perfect as it is.

Please don't break your home with your talk talk. watch this video and learn....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL5Si3Gl2o
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Women always complain
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Rexleo(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Sisijetue:
Person way get cap no get head and person way get head no get cap....that’s your case ma’am..Appreciate every bit of him remember you can’t have it all. Why do you want to create problems anyway if you don’t want him domestic get a maid
what exactly do women want?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by propsvilla3: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

We don't want you to turn completely to housemaid. Do some chores, yes, but leave the rest for us. cheesy
That is true
Me self wey lazy for house chores
Wetin concern me
I no get time for chores
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by izubext007: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
madam go spoil that thing wey make am fall in love with u.....many men has turn useless due to d effect of it.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by majamajic(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
quentin06:
You re the one who turned your hubby into a slave, so you breastfeed for 24hrs,? no relative to assist.?

Stop using the baby as can excuse to be lazy, remember your hubby will resume work one day, then your eye go clear.

Did u read the post at all ?

He will drop the older kid in nursery and go to his work
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Anointed22(m): 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
You are just insecured because you feel you should be doing the house chores while he goes out. It is a result of the conditioning of our culture where men where not suppose to go to the kitchen or do house chores.
Your husband sounds like a good person or you don get him mumu button. Enjoy it while it last.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by afecgivers: 9:47am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

WOMEN WETIN BE UNA PROBLEMU!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by AngelicBeing: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.
grin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Charmingrascal(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Women! u no do na wahala, you do na wahala.

Tell him to stop stressing himself, I think this is mere eye service that you are doing.

You didn't have to post this here because you know what to do, you know how to solve it if that is really a problem to you.

Why would someone even post this on NL
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by anochuko01(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Some nitwits will soon come and call your husband a SIMP.
like you just did bah undecided
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by sylve11: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

Leave her make she dey blow English. cool
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by jericco1(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Instead of you to carry broom and clean your house you are here seeking advice, what do you want us to tell you? That you're full of sh!t because that's what you are.. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by lomprico(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2020
airminem:
lipsrsealed
Because the whole point is to control women right? Gosh!

have you taken your drugs this morning?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kemii8078: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by simhosting: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Nawa
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by simhosting: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Nawa

Your husband
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by SavageMaster: 9:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Wow! I'm speechless.

Your husband is really a good man. And from your post, I see you have a good heart too.

I think you should discuss with him; maybe prioritize what needs to be done and what can wait; or let him know the things you need him to do, as well as those you can manage to still do inspite of baby. Also let him know you want him to cuddle you and you want to see more of his fun side. I think, with the birth of baby, an awakened sense of responsibility came upon him in the area of household chores and all that. You can actually get him to relax if you talk things over with him. I guess he listens to you.

Finally, I think it's a phase. With time, he'll still loosen up.

God bless your family oh. Some men are arguing why should they do house chores sef, while your husband dey carry the chores for head

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by anungangampu: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

He needs help
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Pearchi: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Maybe he has obsessive compulsive disorder, he needs a therapy.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by xaggar(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

Infact you are HIGHLY SENSIBLE!

What u said is what I thought.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by skukimania(f): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2020
Dear Op, now that you have told us the movie plot, could you now tell us the movie title? wink

Awon script writers!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by meobizy(f): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2020
It's good to see people are beginning to recognize fake stories in this forum. Maybe all hope isn't lost yet.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by xaggar(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
anungangampu:

Nonsense!

And I have the right to say that.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by AngelicBeing: 9:52am On Apr 29, 2020
ibkayee:
This story sounds fake...even the username looks like something a non female carefully thought of to sound as 'female' as possible lol
Hahaha grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.