Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91297 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by blackboy(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2020
Madam, join forces with him but dont stop him. Your husband cannot be like every other husband. Most importantly dont just cross your leg in front of a world using the baby as an excuse. If necessary back the baby and let your hands be free and help. Dont stop him but let it be a collabo.
Some guys will say women cannot be pleased.
Your husband will be fit and you will turn very very fat. I'm sure you dont want that.
Keep that shape he saw when he asked u with correct house work

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by DonWorks(f): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2020
Please which school runs this covid 19 hols period? Bursta Rymes

Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by greatsodade(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

you nailed it i swear and now concience is disturbing her.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:03am On Apr 29, 2020
Pls OP never try to get a house maid,..your husband will transfer his love for you to her once he sees she is hard working....

First thing first, you need to drop all excuses of breast feeding etc as reasons why you can't do the domestic works of a woman....

If you were trained to always stay in a clean environment, you will see how you will create time for such and make the work less for your husband....

Pls work on your self, if truly you want your husband work less, create work roaster for both of you, let him carry the baby when you are working....
Make the work a mutual one because when the tide begins to build, you can't swim out of the wave.....
Your husband is not a troubled type but if he sees a lady that is grounded, hmmm he will surely love her
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Thatsammie(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Acidosis:

Your hubby takes your baby to daycare in the midst of Covid-19? What a stup!d fake story.

shocked shocked May be the couple are not resident in Nigeria. shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by linearity: 10:04am On Apr 29, 2020
You are asking us to...help you persuade your husband....and you didn’t drop his phone number or contact info.

I know that, there are some single ladies here who are capable of persuading him to stop and you will start seeing results within days. In fact some married ladies here are patiently waiting for the opportunity to trade-up and this might just be it.

If you are serious about us helping to persuade him, please drop him contacts and you wouldn’t be disappointed in your quest.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by womenareapes: 10:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do women really want?
fixed
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Kennydoc(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

That's the problem, he will not allow me to do anything, and it really pains me seeing him stressed out.

He has a full time job while your only job is breastfeeding your newborn. What else do you do in the house when he's at his job? Watching Telemundo and ZeeWorld? Yet you complain he doesn't let you do anything when you essentially leave the jobs for him. Abegi!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Freighthost: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2020
To study women
I need wisdom
They are never satisfied
If dey ve extra ordinary care
They complain
If dey lack care
They also complain

God gave dem hair
They cut it off and use wig
Gave dem eye lid and all
They cut it off and use artificial and draw dem
God gave dem breast and ass
They go to doc to get it bigger

God gave her now over caring and lovable husband
They is also complaining and term it slavery
U r lucky to have dat man
He is rare

Kindly contact us for any of your shipment as cargo DDU customs broker door to door delivery ,
Import / Export , Sales Representative/ General Procurement Air / Sea . FCL / LCL Shipment
Regard

Mr Edward A
Sales / Operations
Skynetfas Cargo Agency / FreightHOST Shipping Limited
Nigeria
 www.skynetfas.wixsite.com/ship

For urgent response

chat us up on Whats APP : +234 8023958005

https:///2348023958005

https:///2348057594933

Skynetfas Ventures - Door to Door Services

SKYNETFAS CARGO AGENCY
Stella Sholanke Street,Ajao Estate,by Stop Over Hotel Bus Stop,off 
International Airport Road,off Oshodi Apapa Port Expressway
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA
Hot line: +234 8023958005
postal code: 100272
Door to Door Services by Air/sea/Land
Nationwide/Worldwide

When affordable  shipping cost and services are the priorities, the answer to your needs is Skynetfas Cargo Agency,a reliable  freight forwarder located in all part of Nigeria,we can deliver any shipment by all transport means worldwide providing you with a full Express service packages. We confirm the best and most efficient way possible to meet your needs in Shipping businesses. We have a customs broker and warehouse which can guarantee our customer's goods will be released on time. Put your trust in a company with a lot of experience at solving customs problems and helping you meet your deadlines,why not Skynetfas your shipment with us today?

We can provide the most competitive services as follows:
- Sea freight (special groupage,FCL & LCL)
- Customs brokerage
- Project cargo transport
- Door-to-Door Service
- Bonded warehousing and distribution
- Triangle trade
- Air freight

Skynetfas is ready to provide a competitive rate at any time and would like to be your reliable agent in Nigeria

Skynetfas  - best options for affordable Door to Door Services

Skynetfas your Cargo all the way
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by redcliff: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2020
Man wey dey cheat... Na him way to tell you sorry/feel guilty be that..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by buzorcharles(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2020
Madam in other word u are LAZY.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by fof1: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

Thank God for Him ALWAYS, but don't ABUSE HIM OR ABUSE IT. My Wife abused it and became ever Lazy till Yesterday,abi Today. That is how True Family Love should be and to Yeach Our Make Children that, it is d Way to Go. Not to have A Slave Wife Mentality. Pls .
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Toks2008(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

So what exactly do you want us to do?

OK send us your address so we can come to your house to talk to him.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by DEGABA(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Op is a very lazy woman and the husband the opposite but don't expect him to continue like that till eternity. Your husband is not enjoying all this drama or may be you thought you have caught a mugu but it will backfire in no distance time.
He knw what he's doing but he's trying to show you how to manage ur home but if you continue in ur lazy way, he will tell you what you will never like. Better wake up from your lazy bed and do what a responsible woman should be doing at home.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Veronn: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?
WOMEN PRECISELY
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by DarkJeddi(m): 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
darknez:

You sound like someone I know. If you are the person I have in mind then the work will not kill your husband. He is like that. Right from when I first knew him. I told him then that he will have a problem when he gets married. His "too clean" ways will put unnecessary pressure on his future wife.

I would advise that you take it easy. You are breastfeeding and that in itself is a full time job. You don't need to bother much right now. When your child is old enough and you are strong enough then do only the chores you can. Do not try to go beyond your capabilities in a bid to get him to do less chores. You will lose! He has been like that for years before you came into the picture.

Look for alternative ways to get him to forget about work. You can start with ensuring you reduce the way you litter the place. I assure you that the way he does his chores will not kill him. He may die faster if he stops. Now this is me being a little extreme but I think he has a condition which may not let him stop doing that much chores even if he wanted to.
The 'condition' is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder(OCD),we all have it in varying degrees.. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Zombiekiller010: 10:09am On Apr 29, 2020
Skmoda360:
Ki leleyi tun fe bayi.....you get problem woman....this is the reason why it's not good to be good all the time...."your being good can be used against you"...continue saying trash, he will soon discover and stop then your eyes will open... shocked
God will over bless you
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by humblemikel(f): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Wow
Had to read this like 3 times to be sure she is referring to a Nigerian Man
May God in his infinite mercy Bless your husband my Sister.
Yah, it's true there are people who can't stand things not being in their places.
We love to keep things in their places at all time
I think you should sometimes learn to help him in the chores so it can make it fun and relieving to him.
May God bless me with a man like him soon, Amen
Be careful of the kind of advice you get online before you go dent your already perfect family with someone else perceptions of life.
Cheers
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Advancedman(m): 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

The only part that I thank you for is the fact that you recognise that modern women want slave as husband.
Help yourself this way, assume your husband is the other way will you give excuse of breast feeding No so get up and be responsible.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by tonysunkan: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Well, what is really there to worry about?
If he is doing it on his own volition, then so be it.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kemii6178: 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by JamesBond008(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

I wonder ooo. Poster may just be seeking for attention if this story is true.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by dederocs(m): 10:12am On Apr 29, 2020
Woman you have a problem, tell him, not bringing it to nairaland.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by bluefilm: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
[s]I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted[/s]

Nonsense. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by princeogbeide1(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Sisijetue:
Person way get cap no get head and person way get head no get cap....that’s your case ma’am..Appreciate every bit of him remember you can’t have it all. Why do you want to create problems anyway if you don’t want him domestic get a maid

Your adage doesn't make a sense with the womans case.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Wawelexy(m): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2020
Onto pe ur husband they help with house chores, u dey here dey complain....?

Kare laye

Kwontinue...
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ibawon(m): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2020
You know something is not right, that is why you are being insecure.
Better get off your Ass and take over your house chores like a Woman if the home
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by princeogbeide1(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

Gbam!!! Wisdom will kill you grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Vadese1: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
What a million question. The more you look, the less you see. Human being is something else. They do for you trouble., They don't trouble

Adasun:
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by wristbangle: 10:16am On Apr 29, 2020
vickydankal:
I just hope that your female friends are not on Nairaland reading this else ......

Else, they will steal her husband. EOD

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
So what do you want us to do about your guilt?? I know this is every woman's dream.. Continue.. You think he doesn't know what he is doing?? ... Continue with your lazy bone..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by atheistandproud(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
You can never please a woman. This is the real meaning.

No kill yourself trying to please a woman. You'll die for free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.