Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,257 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (92319 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:23pm On May 08, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Moderate finishing means:

Means Normal 4.5 or 0.45 Aluminium roofing sheet which is currently between 20 to 25k per bundle (15 sheets)

Normal hanging toilets for 15 to 17k

Nigerian tiles, American panel doors for interior doors and China for external doors.

Basically nothing fancy

A three bedroom bungalow would obviously cost more

I am not an Architect, I just have experience in building. So I suggest you contact real architects, I can only offer advice based on my limited knowledge.
Thank you bro. I still don't get the real meaning of moderate finishing. What does he need to do more before he moves in the house or does moderate finishing mean the house is complete both inferior and exterior. He just need to move in? Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 08, 2020
Stylez9Zero:
"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?"

This is largely dependent on your area of construction, and of course....style (taste) too.

Generally though, excluding land costs, anywhere between 900k and 2 million should get you something nice. All the best man.

He went biblical.

I like that. smiley

Wise quotes...

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Whileytech: 5:25pm On May 08, 2020
Relax n still look 4 more money n build 3bedroom flat. By the time u finish building that room con, n u start living in it, when your load alone az occupied the whole space. Try n build 3bedroom apartment which will be okay 4 u later. If later things doesn't work well, u can convert the 3bedroom flat into 2bedroom flat n a mini flat in which u can be collecting the mini flat rent later
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Opeyemi4real(m): 5:26pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
Like say na you be me
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sunshineg5(m): 5:27pm On May 08, 2020
otizs:

Thank you bro. I still don't get the real meaning of moderate finishing. What does he need to do more before he moves in the house or does moderate finishing mean the house is complete both inferior and exterior. He just need to move in? Thanks
Yes, he would move into the house with moderate finishing. The building project would be complete.

A finishing can cost more if more expensive materials are used like StepTiles roofing sheets, standing toilets, Spanish or Italian tiles and Turkish doors.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by larryking540: 5:28pm On May 08, 2020
Drizzy5001:
2 rooms , with kitchen, packing store,1toilet

Okay
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by watchindelta(m): 5:28pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom duplex it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess
44m too cost aba, more over this na bungalow
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:31pm On May 08, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Yes, he would move into the house with moderate finishing. The building project would be complete.

A finishing can cost more if more expensive materials are used like StepTiles roofing sheets, standing toilets, Spanish or Italian tiles and Turkish doors.
Thank you so much bro I really appreciate your response. Please back to my previous question. With dimensions you mentioned in your post, with 3 bedroom flat and a dinning, please just guess how much it should cost for moderate finishing. Please if you can guess the cost using the dimensions up above there mentioned in your first post. Thanks sir
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by MrToothBrush: 5:31pm On May 08, 2020
Okbaba:
Meet an Architect to give you a design then take that design to a Quantity Surveyor to give you a realistic costing.
QED
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.

Do intend fencing the land?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:32pm On May 08, 2020
watchindelta:
44m too cost aba, more over this na bungalow

It's not my house am just an agent anyone interested can still come and meet the owner of the house for price negotiation
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by GeneralPula: 5:33pm On May 08, 2020
larryking540:

Life na stage by stage ,,,abi u want him to start an elephant project?

Sure nah stage by stage. I never said he shouldn't build whatever he wanted..Just an advice bruh
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by GeneralPula: 5:34pm On May 08, 2020
eni4real:
You are right!!
Let me ask this, how much will it cost to build a 3 bedroom flat(apartment)??
Excluding the Land cost,!!

At least, 6m

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by femtopyy(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2020
600k will build you a room self contain
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sunshineg5(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2020
otizs:

Thank you so much bro I really appreciate your response. Please back to my previous question. With dimensions you mentioned in your post, with 3 bedroom flat and a dinning, please just guess how much it should cost for moderate finishing. Please if you can guess the cost using the dimensions up above there mentioned in your first post. Thanks sir
3.5 to 4 million should do the trick.

NB:. But you have to be careful not give the roofing to.contractors, otherwise they will charge you a lot of money. Rather Look for a good Capenter to give you a quote and buy the materials yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:35pm On May 08, 2020
jawalis:
Depends solely on your location. You need to be precise about the plan as well. My friend in Ilorin built his room and parlor self contained with 1.4m with nice interiors (new sets of chairs, TV, window blinds, bed and kitchen utensils). And trust me, the place is superb and great. He doesn’t use borehole, he uses pumping machine with his hand dug well. Forget all these faking here about imaginary buildings. Though without fencing and it’s just a plot of land. He got the land last year October at 150k during one promo from a real estate agent.
I'm glad to have come across this post cuz I'm in Ilorin too. First, can you link me up to your friend you're talking about? Secondly, do you have an idea how much a 3 bedroom flat should cost to build? The land is in Ilorin, tanke to be precise. Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by jayworld15(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2020
Excluding the land ownership, pls just have between 5million to 300million. To build house now isn’t an easy thing. House building has many factors attached to it.
1) site location- the amount you’ll use in building a house around Surulere in Lagos wont be the same with the one in Oke-Bola in Ibadan or Choba in Rivers State.

2) Land terrain- If your terrain is water logged, be prepared to spend a lot of money for foundation. And by the way, you can even spend from 300k to 1M for borehole water drilling and installation.

3) Cost of materials- what kind of materials do you intend to use.

4) Design-both interior and exterior

5) Area- How secured, porous, motorable, etc is it
And many more.
Don’t mind those telling you 700-1.5m. Only if you want to erect a muddy house.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Cypron(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
So one can build a house with 2million naira in this country

Op, congrats in advance.
No mind dem my brother.A room and parlour self contain well monitored(All materials bought by the house owner)from foundation to finishing gulp between 4-6million naira.
If you don't have up to 4milla don't start ooo.speaking from experience unless you want to stay inside uncompleted building

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by ALEXIS0240: 5:39pm On May 08, 2020
mosho2good:
So lets assume corona virus is the main rapture and those testing positive are the ones going to heaven what will u do���
Assumption is the worst form of knowledge,come back to reality.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by apexc2467: 5:41pm On May 08, 2020
[color=#] 1550957[/color]
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by apexc2467: 5:41pm On May 08, 2020
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2020
What you just asked is like asking A Doctor how much will it take to do a major surgical operation, his respond will be, what is the file nature of the operation or asking a Lawyer how much will he use to defend your case in a law court without stating the case ...

So pls look for Professional in the field today....
Contact any Architect around you or if you don't have, am available to direct you professionally as an Architect from your brief and site location
WhatsApp me via...07061209159 or use this mail address...arcjonsults@ gmail.com.....
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

44 m
Okay, that's quite a bit over a budget.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by apexc9167: 5:45pm On May 08, 2020
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2020
otizs:

Wow! Please when you say 1 bedroom, do you mean a room, a sitting room, two toilets ( one for visitors) and a kitchen)?

Yes!

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:50pm On May 08, 2020
jawalis:
Depends solely on your location. You need to be precise about the plan as well. My friend in Ilorin built his room and parlor self contained with 1.4m with nice interiors (new sets of chairs, TV, window blinds, bed and kitchen utensils). And trust me, the place is superb and great. He doesn’t use borehole, he uses pumping machine with his hand dug well. Forget all these faking here about imaginary buildings. Though without fencing and it’s just a plot of land. He got the land last year October at 150k during one promo from a real estate agent.
150K? Where in Ilorin?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:50pm On May 08, 2020
Cypron:

No mind dem my brother.A room and parlour self contain well monitored(All materials bought by the house owner)from foundation to finishing gulp between 4-6million naira.
If you don't have up to 4milla don't start ooo.speaking from experience unless you want to stay inside uncompleted building

Lols...the issue of your floor plan in relation to the OP's own comes to play ....
Until the OP brings up a building Plan , his question is like asking a blind man how many steps will he take before getting to his house.....
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Tremple8v: 5:50pm On May 08, 2020
I have my own personal one 180 feet away , I bought it for a friend , and now he want to sell it because he wants to relocate out of the country. It's a genuine property. You can come and see for yourself whenever you can .
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 08, 2020
building a standard selfcontained in P.h from foundation to completion will cost between #1,000,000 and #1,200,000 only. (to consume an average of 750 pcs of blocks )
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Asquare84(m): 5:57pm On May 08, 2020
turawaa:
A friend bought a Plot of land at developed Area in kwara state at 400-500k.

Erected a 3bedroom flat with parlour POP ceiling and concrete compound with 3M.

A chest size fence But no gate yet.

No supervisor fee,

He supervised the house himself, 1-2year ago

Don't mind the people that are quoting 2.6 million for a safe contain
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by icestorm(m): 6:12pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
Bros, first of all, congratulations to you for taking the very first step. Didn't you hear that Rome wasn't built in a day? As you don start now, e beta pass person wey neva even start. Most people are waiting to have millions before they start and they end up not building anything. You see those ones we call illiterates sometimes make better decisions than we do. Most of the carpenters, mechanics, tailors etc already have their own house. They used to say that the brains of the learned ones are at the back of their hands. They don't wait till they have millions. Once you start,your mind will be attracted to it, you won't have to spend money on unnecessary things. You don't have to rush it, gradually you will complete it. Remember,slow and steady wins the race. Congratulations once again bro. The Lord will see you through.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Femi Osibona's Lifeless Body Recovered From Collapsed Building Rubble / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.