Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? (91773 Views)

Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:06pm On May 08, 2020
Sunshineg5:
This is not a Duplex I am seeing now.
Sorry my bad my mind was on another house
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:06pm On May 08, 2020
J111333:
How much is the house?

44 m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by cuddling44(f): 5:06pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Bros Op if you never chop belle full nor start wetin you nor go fit finish
To build house nor be moi moi
except say you want build a low budget asss building

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
God will complete it for u...... no rush oooooo. Some build for5 years. Dats y u see some uncompleted buildings with full grown tree inside. U av made d step better dan some wey nvr buy land. U are a bosee grin

4 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sunshineg5(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

It's a duplex
I doubt it bruv, looks more like a bungalow to me.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:07pm On May 08, 2020
Sunshineg5:
It depends on the dimensions of the rooms

10 by 10 room, 12 by 12 sitting room, 4 by 4 toilet/bathroom, 7 by 7 kitchen and we are looking at 700 to 1000 blocks

Using Laterite Gravel to substitute for Granite may also cut down cost, especially if the land is dry.

Budget 1.5 m to 2m for moderate finishing with the dimensions above.
Bro I will appreciate your WhatsApp number and before that, when you say ( for moderate finishing) do you mean, just for him pack in ( Everything is completed) ?
My second question is, what if 3 bedroom float with the dimensions in your analysis but the sitting room little more bigger than 12 by 12. In addition to it, a dinning. How much do you think, at least should be the cost to complete everything to the level of pack in. Thank you brother

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Ebukawaylaid(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom duplex it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess

Pls, do we call this type of structure a duplex or a bungalow
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
Femuel:

6-8million will buy this house.. Based on the fact that it's in awka

It's a 5 bedroom bungalow considering the spacious compound it's sale at 44m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by EmmySparky(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
Femuel:

6-8million will buy this house.. Based on the fact that it's in awka
you are very correct...I also have a plot of land behind unizik ( ifite) ..trying to get a buyer ...
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
Ebukawaylaid:

Pls, do we call this type of structure a duplex or a bungalow

Sorry my mind was on another house while I replied thanks it's bungalow

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Franchise21(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Na so i start one last year because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
LOL. Wtz d nature of ur building in Sapele Rd?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 08, 2020
GeneralPula:
Try and huzzle more and round it up to 3 bedroom. A self contain isn’t that convenient to live in oo or you won’t be having visitors..?
You are right!!
Let me ask this, how much will it cost to build a 3 bedroom flat(apartment)??
Excluding the Land cost,!!
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by EmmySparky(m): 5:09pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

It's a 5 bedroom duplex considering the spacious compound it's sale at 44m
are u an agent...cos I have a property for sale in awka too
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by fkj950ax(m): 5:10pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
it's a 5 bedroom duplex it's for sale own oo but just

This is not a duplex o
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:11pm On May 08, 2020
EmmySparky:
are u an agent...cos I have a property for sale in awka too

Yes am an agent click on my WhatsApp link to chat check my signature
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by toprealman: 5:11pm On May 08, 2020
frubben:
Buy your face mask . 50 naira
sample?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by psucc(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2020
Okbaba:
Meet an Architect to give you a design then take that design to a Quantity Surveyor to give you a realistic costing.
So that the money go come finish for "consultancy" abi?

Op no try am ooooooo

4 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by EmmySparky(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

Yes am an agent click on my WhatsApp link to chat check my signature
ok...will contact
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by KingMicky3286: 5:14pm On May 08, 2020
Please, i need a honest person who can give me a quotation for the decking of this 2 bedrooms .

E.g: Rods , cement, etc

If your quotation is acceptable, you will be given the job

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Sunshineg5(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2020
otizs:

Bro I will appreciate your WhatsApp number and before that, when you say ( for moderate finishing) do you mean, just for him pack in ( Everything is completed) ?
My second question is, what if 3 bedroom float with the dimensions in your analysis but the sitting room little more bigger than 12 by 12. In addition to it, a dinning. How much do you think, at least should be the cost to complete everything to the level of pack in. Thank you brother
Moderate finishing means:

Means Normal 4.5 or 0.45 Aluminium roofing sheet which is currently between 20 to 25k per bundle (15 sheets)

Normal hanging toilets for 15 to 17k

Nigerian tiles, American panel doors for interior doors and China for external doors.

Basically nothing fancy

A three bedroom bungalow would obviously cost more

I am not an Architect, I just have experience in building. So I suggest you contact real architects, I can only offer advice based on my limited knowledge.
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lanretoye(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:
In your mind do an analysis on this house and guess how much it cost to build cause the owner currently put it for sale it location is at commissioner quarters awka anambra state it's a 5 bedroom duplex it's for sale own oo but just try an how much he use in building and the amount he wants to sell just guess
so this is a 5bedroom duplex in your village
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by waldigit: 5:15pm On May 08, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hello Propertylanders, I am aware that prices of goods and services have skyrocketed but how much can build someone a One Room Self Contained Apartment and One Bedroom Flat now?

Landlords and Builders in the house please help.
To be frank with you it not practicable telling you because of the nature of cost dynamics.
First the picture of house you have is still in your mind and not on paper yet as drawing.
2. location is another factor that can tear apart all theories anybody gives you.
So on the average I can very roughly say b/w 3.5 m and 5.5m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2020
EmmySparky:
you are very correct...I also have a plot of land behind unizik ( ifite) ..trying to get a buyer ...

Which side of Ifite, can we discuss this?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:18pm On May 08, 2020
Lanretoye:
so this is a 5bedroom duplex in your village

Sorry my mind was on another house, thank you
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by otizs: 5:19pm On May 08, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:
Mine cost me 2.6 million to build.

It is 1 bedroom flat with wardrobe, 2 toilets, 1 kitchen with fence 1.6 meters and barb wires above fence

Small parking space for my car

2 gates and little space for water reservoir.

Location is Lugbe in Abuja.
Wow! Please when you say 1 bedroom, do you mean a room, a sitting room, two toilets ( one for visitors) and a kitchen)?
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Lovelies1: 5:21pm On May 08, 2020
Lovelies1:

It's a 5 bedroom bungalow considering the spacious compound it's sale at 44m
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by Pandev(m): 5:21pm On May 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
damnnnnn niggarrr, you're a real niggarrr grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by class0247: 5:22pm On May 08, 2020
Please I need this kind of advice too, I have a piece of land in sangotedo Lagos (300sqm) My initial plan was to build a 4 bedroom duplex on it but the way things are now, I think need a high quality small house. Maybe 2bedroom house

Although my people are saying building such small house is a waste on that land since the land is expensive. I won’t use all my small savings to build house Na.

Can someone give me estimate of 2bedroom house, I might want to change it to duplex later.
Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by kingofthemall: 5:22pm On May 08, 2020
Tremple8v:
I have a full plot of land at Atan ,kajola way . It's a fenced acre. If intrested whatsapp 0 80 3 0 6 8 8 62 8

Why do you want to sell it
Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by telim: 5:23pm On May 08, 2020
larryking540:

For how many rooms? I also have interest
10 self con with all accessories e.g. wC, shower, kitchen cabinet, borehole, wordrope fully fenced with concrete floor and two over head tank cost me 14 million plus including the cost of land. That was when naira was between 350 to 370 few months ago.

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Building A Self Contained Apartment Now? by cuddling44(f): 5:23pm On May 08, 2020
jawalis:
Depends solely on your location. You need to be precise about the plan as well. My friend in Ilorin built his room and parlor self contained with 1.4m with nice interiors (new sets of chairs, TV, window blinds, bed and kitchen utensils). And trust me, the place is superb and great. He doesn’t use borehole, he uses pumping machine with his hand dug well. Forget all these faking here about imaginary buildings. Though without fencing and it’s just a plot of land. He got the land last year October at 150k during one promo from a real estate agent.
Hi pls kindly check my post may b u and ur friend can help me.... since he build a house in ilorin
Am interested in building in ilorin but need some one dat can give me clues... tank u. D mail here don't work my number is on my signature sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? / Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.