Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (64951 Views)

Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Olarewaju89: 11:00am On May 09, 2020
ENIGMATIC2023:

Hunger is real...Have you eaten today?

grin

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by aalangel(f): 11:01am On May 09, 2020
Digitalstarlite:

A country where is no law ,there is no sin

Take dat!!!

Answer my question outright.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by semyman: 11:02am On May 09, 2020
How can they use POS on the street
How can they format the gullible maga if not inside a building
Scammers turned prosperity crooners everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Horlasmart: 11:02am On May 09, 2020
litigator:

How many church buildings did Apostles Peter and Paul build?

Atleast, they wrote over 75% of the new testament. The church in Ephisus, was it a physical building during the days of the great persecution?

Also, juxtapose your assertion with the Biblical elucidations that " the kingdom of God is within thee". Luke 17:20-21, particularly at verse 21.

Also, the old church shared everything in common and non lacked. Even those who had benefited from the good will of others but wanted to be greedy with theirs, met fatal punishment. How well has our modern church copied such precedent? Acts 4: 30-End; Acts 5.

During this period of Covid-19, how well is the church resources being shared amongst members of the church and by extension, members of the public as a tool of evangelism?

Jesus fed the congregation because He knew the importance of food to the body(biological feeding), and salvation to the soul( spiritual feeding).

How well has our church emulated this biblical precedent during COVID-19. Is this not the best time to win souls to the kingdom via the apt deployment of both mechanism?

Jesus and Apostle Peter were both leaders of the Church, both yet they knew they were trustees of the church, thus, gave good account of stewardship and didn't owe much personal property. Acts 4:32-End

Even Jesus lead by example by borrowing the a colt He used for triumphant entry. He could afford to buy one of the very best, and his actions will be justified because it is for the propagation of the gospel , but instead borrowed one. Mark 11:3.

***Take notice that this is a lame excuse being used by our religious leaders in an attempt to justify the luxurious lifestyle and the acquisition of aircrafts and phantom automobiles. But that is a discourse for another day.

From Apostle Peter's encounter with the man at the beautiful gate, it is apt to conclude that He didn't control the church resources even as a leader and pastor of the first church. He thus gave freely that which he had which was his anointing and heal the man of his infirmity. Can same be said for modern-day pastors and spiritual leaders? What changed?

Finally, lockdown has been lifted in some parts of the western world such as Italy where the church began, but the physical place of congregation is still under lockdown. Most of these pastors have church branches within such domicile, why are they not condemning the govt of such state as they do Nigeria?

Kindly educate my ignorance.

I await your timely response, God bless.

I am an Omnist and Bible student. I know there are 4200+ religion in our modern-day world, and that God is not a Christian, but He is" I am that I am".

Reference: God is not a Christian by Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

I offer my highest regards.

I have questions for my Muslim brothers too, but we will address that another day. Shalom.

What's your question for the muslim
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 11:03am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided

May the God of heaven answer you speedily.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Angelfrost(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2020
Wolgrace:
Unnecessary debates and fault findings under this thread.

All the ministers of God were correct. Pastor Poju shouldn't have spoke ill of their demands, but to add and spice it up for balancing. There are different callings- Royal, Higher, and Holy.

Evangelical ministers moves about the streets, markets, places, etc... Pastoral ministers are like holy priests whose call is to feed the flocks when they gathered, hence the Church building according to modern wisdom and advancement.

The Church should cease to condemn each other.

You clearly don't read your Bible that well... Apostle Paul, Christ, Elijah, etc, didn't hold back criticism and correction (even openly) when needed.

What Sir. Oyemade did is very timely and been in need for years now.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Reference(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Pastor Poju, is 100% wrong. I'm not surprised he can spew this nonsense.
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.
I stand with Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Chris. Oyakhilome.

I agree and disagree with you.

Indeed, quite contrary to popular opinion, over the ages the church has not always been the obedient servant to the state. There are well documented instances in the scripture where gatherings held despite decrees from the Roman occupancy of Judea, the Roman empire, various kingdoms througout the Middle Ages and uptil now in nations such as China. People have defied authority to congregate. People have disobeyed authorities to fellowship.

The Scriptures make it clear that even in the face of peril which includes pestilence that folks do express their love for God by defiance. That is true and has happened in recorded scripture. So those who say you can worship in isolation should understand that there will be no church today as we know it if every edict of goverments has been obeyed throughout the ages.

However there is a new line of argument here, one that appears to single out the leadership of the church, particularly of modern day pentecostals that seems to ask that why is it that with all the resources of technology, face to face contact or fellowship remains necessary in difficult times such as this.

That pentecostals with their vast resources and modernised approach to church activity find it difficult to adapt.

Is there an underlying reason, physical or spiritual for having your sheep in real time, not virtual contact. Is there something the Christian is desperately missing by the lack of physical contact.

If there is, is it possible that these tools have either been missing in the structure of the church or been deliberately ignored so that physical contact is inevitable.

Let us be blunt here. Are these churches reallt concerned about the health of the souls of men or more concerned about the loss of congregational numbers/members. That is those who post Covid will rather continue virtual worship or those because of the lockdown have found other assemblies they will not normally go.

Is it about spiritual sustenace or just numerical sustenance. What are these pastors really so concerned about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Amorprincesa24: 11:04am On May 09, 2020
That's because of freedom of speech. The other religion lacks that. You can be beheaded for saying words against Mohammad or their Allah.
12345DKO:
This is one thing about we Christians I hate. We oppose ourselves on the pages of newspapers as well as on social media platforms. This explains why we are not being taken seriously as we ought to as a church.
Instead of this back and forth or show of shame, I expected them to have had a meeting amongst themselves and come out with a decision. Yes not all will agree and it is understandable since we are not zombies, but to be countering each other publicly like this is a shame on our pastors.
Our brothers and sisters in Islam will never do this. Yes they have their disagreements but you will never see them nor any of their followers come online to disgrace themselves as the norm is in Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Mozegee: 11:05am On May 09, 2020
I don't really know much about you Sir ,but God will bless you for saying the simple truth.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by kabillionaire(m): 11:05am On May 09, 2020
Good points! tell them pastorneurs.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by damosade(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2020
Even God respects government according to romans 12.
Someone in his right senses should obey convid 19 lockdown decision after all it is for our own good and it is not they are locking down church forever.
Did anyone locked church pre convid?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Karemarealty288(m): 11:07am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:
Lots of people, don't see and understand what Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Oyakhilome Chris is seeing and talking about. Lots of you, toeing the line of thought of Pastor Oyemade, don't know, the power of the cooperate church. If you know, you will not be in his support.
You don't know, what damage, spiritually the closure of the place of worship has done to lots of believers, lots of Christians will never be the same after this lockdown and closure Wait till the closure is lifted, then you will understand.

Receive Sense ohhhh sheepie.

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by desiredhome: 11:09am On May 09, 2020
tfelicityk:
With all this places of worship in this Nation - why is the Nation suffering from good leaders? Why are the leaders Highly religious but UnGodly?
Because they are mostly after money.....the love of money is the root of all evil,..... Church for their belly
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Nobody: 11:12am On May 09, 2020
TimiRume:
The church did not begin from Rome, you guys should stop propagating such lies. The church started from Israel. For someone who claims to be well educated you should know this.

Study the theological jurisprudence of the early church and revert.

But to answer your question, the early church began from the Province of the Judea which was part of the Roman empire at that time. The Herold and Pilates were all sub-regional head of government and served at the pleasure of the Roman emperor.

You can look it up on google, or consider the elucidations in the bible books of Matthew, Luke and Mark.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Shattuck(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2020
Phaedrus:

Why do we keep playing victim? Is it only churches that have been closed? What of mosques?

Any Christian who suffers spiritually or, in your words, is damaged spiritually because they haven't gone to a building they call church needs to question His or Her faith in Christ. For God's sake, it's not like Christianity has been banned or something. Aren't there online services? Don't churches have platforms where their members communicate? Don't churches have hotlines for prayers or counselling?

let this fools be thinking that they should be given a special status the closure is a general thing for me according to the order of importance for the easing of the lockdown I would say markets first,then business centres,then schools, then industrial outlets before anything else,for most pastors the church is a business outlet too.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by GoldHorse(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2020
Oyedepo and Pastor Chris should simply go to any isolation center of their choice. Stay outside and release the healing and miracle power of God and people will be healed, abi?

When the people and governments see this undeniable healing demonstration they will beg for churches to be opened.

They should try this formula and thank me later!

We dey wait....

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by sirelliotofafri: 11:13am On May 09, 2020
Closing the place of worship for about 2 months now deals a heavy blow to the body of Christ.If only we understand what it means for brethren to come together to worship....the Bible says 'it's like the anointing that flows through Aaron's beard down to his skirt'.The church deals a terrible blow to the kingdom of darkness whenever it comes together.Irrespective of how humble a man may sound that,closing church is good,it is not good for the body of Christ.Meanwhile,I understand it's also government effort to avoid people don't mix up to spread covid-19
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by MT: 11:13am On May 09, 2020
honeyB2018:

In this time of pandemics, this is the best time to win souls if a spiritual pronouncement can be made to stop this pandemic by any of the religious leaders. The world will believe in his God and religion. Churches and mosque should be go-to centres for people for spiritual healing, but they have all gone mute, even afraid of their own lives and families. It shows everything is a fraud. They claim to have the power of healing but we are all looking to the scientists to solve this global problems; one of them told me it was God that gave the scientists the knowledge to produce vaccine. I asked why God would abandon his direct constituencies (churches, mosques, shrines etc) and chose the scientists in their steads, it's simply not logical.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Essien45: 11:13am On May 09, 2020
I laugh at Pst. Poju. �
If the government give directives tomorrow that religious places should open so he won't have service? Please, let's stop all this hyprocricy because at the end of the day he is a beneficiary.
So stupidity is you coutering at the end of the day what will benefit you. Nonsense!
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Digitalstarlite: 11:14am On May 09, 2020
aalangel:

Answer my question outright.
Babe...can u deliver ekankan soup to me
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by bigiyaro(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2020
if I talk say all those that vexing are just show men, they rely on the beautiful structures to show their oratory prowess and extort their gullible captives. They are vexing that their show houses are closed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Maykanu: 11:15am On May 09, 2020
So sad that my people perish for lack of knowledge.

Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by hybridblood07(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2020
In addition, God said where two or three are gathered, I'm with them. Let every church member pray individually or organize house fellowship till the virus is over
PureGoldh:
He is on point...May God bless him for me

Kindly ponder on 1 Corinthians 6 Vs 19 and you will get to know that you as a being that is in good terms with God represents the "Church of God"

The church (building/premises) is just a physical structure
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Digitalstarlite: 11:16am On May 09, 2020
aalangel:

Are you saying Pastor Chris has given nothing??
Is e ur Pastor?

And has e donated more dan #10m

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2020
Aksnoopy:
I onced respected this businessman claiming to be a pastor. My respect for him ceased the moment he started inviting politicians to his platform events. Dude was one of the many bastards scammers/pastors who convinced their followers that BUHARI was the next best thing after gold.

Your criticism is erring terribly on the side of intelligence... That a person's political leanings differ badly from yours, doesn't completely make them unworthy of truth and wisdom here and now.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Grande007: 11:19am On May 09, 2020
Oga gan o, religion have reduced some people to zombies, lifeless without a mind of their own. Some pastors in a bid to remain relevant have been brewing controversies, from 5G to Bill Gates and now church closure. I expect true men of God to speak with authority and declare the mind of God on the pandemic. And not coming online to cry foul. Mosques are closed too, if you are not aware.

Explore other mediums to reach your members (or are the mediums overshooting your expenditure above income?). There is more to this clamour for church re-opening and I expect people to be more wise. If the cost of streaming online is too much, then go back to the basics of cell fellowship with respect to social distancing.

If two months or more of lock down of churches can affect your followers to lose faith or backslide, then as a pastor you have failed. Because it questions what you were teaching them before and during the lock down. Moses spent few years with his mother who was employed to care for him by divine providence. And could you believe that after Moses was brought up in the royal family and trained in Egyptian traditions for forty years. He didn't forget the fact that he was an Hebrew.

Men of God should feed the flock whether the churches are open or not.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by MT: 11:20am On May 09, 2020
sirelliotofafri:
Closing the place of worship for about 2 months now deals a heavy blow to the body of Christ.If only we understand what it means for brethren to come together to worship....the Bible says 'it's like the anointing that flows through Aaron's beard down to his skirt'.The church deals a terrible blow to the kingdom of darkness whenever it comes together.Irrespective of how humble a man may sound that,closing church is good,it is not good for the body of Christ.Meanwhile,I understand it's also government effort to avoid people don't mix up to spread covid-19

Let the truth be told, the " kingdom of devil " as you called it shut down churches, mosques, shrines etc. It is time for people to question their fates. No matter how you attempt to twist this, this a mass failure from so called different religions on a grand scale. It takes covid19 to expose the fraud in various religious bodies.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by zedman1(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
I stand with Pastor Chris and Bishop Oyedepo! Pastor Chris we know, Bishop Oyedepo we know, hu be this wan? undecided
Sad bro, because you don't know him? See what 'Christianity' has been reduced to?
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by olarindeabayomi: 11:21am On May 09, 2020
This is what I have to say about this issue. The point is, I do not wish any pastor ill or say bad about them. If and only if one of those who are in support of the opening can just have the virus, maybe more of those advocating for churches to function would have a change of mind.

If not because our government is being irresponsible, as of now most states that are highly affected should still be locked down but because the government claimed that they do not have enough to cater for the masses in terms of providing palliatives they decided to ease the lockdown which is still a gamble.

The reason why churches and mosques or any religious gathering is affected is just because gathering is involved. This virus does not respect anyone not even a pastor. So we should give our brain and forget about been too spiritual because as far as I am concerned, 95% of Nigerians are hypocrites who don't have the fear God because we are just been religious and that's the bitter truth.

If truly these are men of God, what I expect for them to do is call on God to end this menace and not clamoring for the church to open and endanger the lives of people.

Another question, if you start worship in the church is that a guarantee that it will stop the virus or do that think that the virus does not exist? Are they saying there are no Christians in Italy, Spain, France who have locked down for more than 2 months. Are you saying you are more spiritual than them. You see, when common sense is not common, you see people arguing blindly.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by TimiRume(f): 11:22am On May 09, 2020
litigator:

Study the theological jurisprudence of the early church and revert.

But to answer your question, the early church began from the Province of the Judea which was part of the Roman empire at that time. The Herold and Pilates were all sub-regional head of government and served at the pleasure of the Roman emperor.

You can look it up on google, or consider the elucidations in the bible books of Matthew, Luke and Mark.
I don't have to check nothing, the history of the church is clear in the bible and has nothing to do with Rome. Whether they were part of a foreign empire or not it still does not alter the fact that the church started in Israel and spread to the rest of the world. It is ignorance like this that makes some Christians esteem Roman traditions above the Word of God.
Re: Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches by Lastmankc(m): 11:22am On May 09, 2020
LearnITsmash:
Useless men of dogs, all these clowns named pastors need to be jailed for adding no value to the country undecided
Guy, these men just they reason your matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

"You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video) / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.