Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship (25108 Views)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
More

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

(1) Yes! At least more developed than the Edos who were still roaming stark n@ked without shame in as recent as the early-1900s.

Refer to the 1st attachment from page 24 of H.L. Roth(1903).

(2) I mean, there are many things you don't know, but an interesting one which I would love to highlight for you is the following from page 103 of H.L Roth(1903):

"Lieut. King found that “the king can sell his subjects when convicted of crime, or when they have incurred his displeasure." The royal right of abuse seems to have survived to the last days, for Gallwey (p. 129) mentions that “the Benin people are free, but are treated as slaves by the king, the title of king's slave being considered an honour." We have seen above that for different reasons the king claimed male children, widows and slaves belonging to deceased subjects; he could hardly get much more, so that the mass of the people were practically slaves to the king, and those who were not to the king were so to their chiefs."

Please note that the Yoruba King of Benin wouldn't have considered you Edos as slaves if he was truly an Edo like you all. grin

Moreover, he has the right of royal abuse to sacrifice any of you his slaves to Yoruba gods of Benin as is seen in the 2nd attachment. cheesy

(3) Refer to my point comment at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5910322/olokun-worship-indigenous-benin-other/1#90502447

Also refer to my point (2a) at my comment found at the link below:

hhttps://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

(1) Your comment here reminds me of the funny 'audio-meme' which says: "Why are you running?". grin cheesy

(2) Everything about you Edos seem to be about se.x.

But I understand why. Many, many centuries of shameless dick and boobs swinging by men and women in the Edo country is sufficient enough to alter your brains' configurations.

(3) This is only one of my four Nairaland accounts (and they are all well know to belong to me).

I am just putting this out there in case you're really bent on delivering your Benin Kingdom from my grip of historical scrutiny.

(4) I am obsessed with disgracing liars --no matter who they are. No wonder you said I'm obsessed about you.

(5) First, you need to make up your mind on whether or not Benin Kingdom was truly ruled by two different kings at the same time -- the so-called "Oba Erhengbuda" and the so-called "Oba Orghogbua".

The inherent contradiction in your account contributes to the evidence of glaring fabrication of your false and distorted Benin narrate of conquest.

Learn to make up your mind the next time. wink

But how does it feel to be defeated by pple that are less developed and are still walking naked

Lol at the bolded...they both existed.. the latter
being the father of the former..Due to unclear info, oba orhorgbua is believed to be the one who treated ur father's fuvkup while naked

Don't change the subject...Old Europeans documented history has confirmed that In the 16th century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire and the island became a Benin war-camp called "Eko" under Oba Orhogbua, the Oba of Benin at the time

U can find it in Smith, Robert Sydney (1988). Kingdoms of the Yoruba (3 ed.). University of Wisconsin Press . p. 73.

I didn't make it up ... believe me

My Little contradiction doesn't change the fact that ur forefathers were ransacked out of their home...

We even put a king there for u lmaooo

YoRuBa kInG oF BeNin but ur own oba has Benin heritage lmaooooo

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 12:50pm On Jun 10, 2020
gregyboy:
More

Thank you for finally succumbing and coming out as Edeyoung with your "More".

"Edeyoung" started the screenshoting about Olokun from Edo blog, he promised to return with more, and suddenly "gregyboy" returns with the promised "more".

grin cheesy

Anyways, I'm glad you're continuing to prove that the Edos worship Olokun -- the Yoruba deity.

But I still do not accept you screenshot from Edo blog which you've been fraudulently pushing (under your "Edeyoung" moniker) as an academic material.

Thank you, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

But how does it feel to be defeated by pple that are less developed and are still walking naked

Lol at the bolded...they both existed.. the latter
being the father of the former..Due to unclear info, oba orhorgbua is believed to be the one who treated ur father's fuvkup while naked

Don't change the subject...Old Europeans documented history has confirmed that In the 16th century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire and the island became a Benin war-camp called "Eko" under Oba Orhogbua, the Oba of Benin at the time

U can find it in Smith, Robert Sydney (1988). Kingdoms of the Yoruba (3 ed.). University of Wisconsin Press . p. 73.

I didn't make it up ... believe me

My Little contradiction doesn't change the fact that ur forefathers were ransacked out of their home...

We even put a king there for u lmaooo

YoRuBa kInG oF BeNin but ur own oba has Benin heritage lmaooooo

Your "little contradiction" grin cheesy. Lagaosian wanna-be will not kill me. grin

Refer to the link below for the full refutation of your defeated repitition and your Wikipedia copy and paste which is not found in Robert Smith's work grin grin:

https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity-olokun/12#90512022

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by EdoNation(f): 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2020
Gregyboy Areafada22 fire on, you are schooling them well well cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Your little contradiction. Lagaosian wanna-be will not kill me.

Refer to my point comment at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5910322/olokun-worship-indigenous-benin-other/1#90502447

hhttps://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

Refer... refer refer...nor be say u dey do loom for here cheesy

Ohk since my contradiction is bad or has loopholes
Oya prove to me that Lagos was not conquered by Benin...Abi... source nor dey for that one....

Keep fighting for the aworis ...On Nairaland lmao

meanwhile
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Refer... refer refer...nor be say u dey do loom for here cheesy

Ohk since my contradiction is bad or has loopholes

(1) Oya prove to me that Lagos was not conquered by Benin...Abi... source nor dey for that one....

Keep fighting for the aworis ...On Nairaland lmao

(2) meanwhile Don't change the subject...Old Europeans documented history has confirmed that In the 16th century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire and the island became a Benin war-camp called "Eko" under Oba Orhogbua, the Oba of Benin at the time

(1) Why not you prove that Benin Kingdom was not conquered by Ibadan or Nupe?

But I will demonstrate my case after your failure to demonstrate yours. Just be patient we're getting there.

(2) Except that your bold is not found in Robert Smith's "Kingdoms of the Yoruba". cheesy

But it is found intact on Wikipedia though grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 1:03pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Except that your bold is not found in Robert Smith's "Kingdom of the Yoruba". cheesy

loool...at Least the book was posted there...and that was what it said...
..The writer sef was neither Yoruba nor Benin so I'll believe what he said is correct lmao

u seem so pained that u are going to do everything in ur fingers to play down the great Benin kingdom

Oya post ur own source that Lagos was not conquered by the oba of Benin...Abi dem never release that book

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Except that your bold is not found in Robert Smith's "Kingdom of the Yoruba". cheesy

read the second paragraph and tell me....

how e dey do u for body

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

[s]loool...at Least the book was posted there...and that was what it said...
..The writer sef was neither Yoruba nor Benin so I'll believe what he said is correct lmao

u seem so pained that u are going to do everything in ur fingers to play down the great Benin kingdom

Oya post ur own source that Lagos was not conquered by the oba of Benin...Abi dem never release that book[/s]

Nope! No the book was not "posted" anywhere.

Only the reference to it was given. And it turned out that the reference was spurious.

You seem to be naive about how Wikipedia works.

It's an open free encyclopaedia where any Bini illiterate like you go into, write whatever comes to their mind, and fraudulently refernece Robert Smith as their source.

Am I really having a discussion with a baby whose ultimate authority is Wikipedia?? grin

What happened to quoting the words of Robert Smith himself?? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

It's an open free encyclopaedia where any Bini illiterate like you go into, write whatever comes to their mimd and put Robert Smith fraudulently as his source.

Am I really having a discussion with a baby whose ultimate authority is Wikipedia?? grin

What happened to quoting the words of Robert Smith??

I've screenshotted the exact page as stated b4

how e dey do you now
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

It's an open free encyclopaedia where any Bini illiterate like you go into, write whatever comes to their mimd and put Robert Smith fraudulently as his source.

In case u nor see am well

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

read the second paragraph and tell me....

how e dey do u for body

I have the whole book long ago.

Yet I cant find your Wikipedia words on the said page 73 or anywhere else for that matter . grin cheesy

Do you mind writing it out? Don't be scared little one.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

[s]
I have the whole book long ago.

Yet I cant find your Wikipedia words on the page said 73 or anywhere else for that matter . grin cheesy

Do you mind writing it out? Don't be scared little one[/s].

Why are u running.. don't u know how to summarise a page...

If u can't Understand the picture there, then just rest...

The page is clearly numbered no 73...and it corroborates my claims...

pls provide me with evidence that Benin never defeated ur forefathers

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Why are u running.. don't u know how to summarise a page...

If u can't Understand the picture there, then just rest...

The page is clearly numbered no 73...and it corroborates my claims...

pls provide me with evidence that Benin never defeated ur forefathers

Etinosa1234:

Hahaha, desperate Lagosian wanna-be. grin

(1) First of all, please be aware that your Wikipedia quotation (fraudulently attributed to Robert Smith's "Kingdoms of the Yoruba" ) is not found on the said page or on any other page for that matter.

(2) For some strange reasons, you Binis are fond of presenting the very screenshots that refute you. Lol.

Looking at your highlighted portion of the screenshot, only four aspects relate to Benin as follows:

(a) The part which makes it clear that the Binis ultimately agreed to settle in Lagos peacefully after their many failed attacks.

In fact, as will be seen on another page of the same book, after settling in peacefully for years (as agreed), the Binis (and other migrants) resumed conflict against their host (the Aworis), thus leading to the slaughter of the Benin military commander, Asheru.

(b) The part where the author states (by his use of "perhaps") that the Benin account -- which claims that the Binis settled after outflanking the Lagosians -- was a doubtful account.

(c) The part where the author states (by his use of "perhaps") that the Benin account -- which claims that the Aworis' spread to Iddo (and other places) was due to the ambitions of Benin on the mainland -- was also a doubtful account.

(d) The part where the author states that the supposed control of Lagos -- supposedly by a certain "Oba Orhogba of Benin" -- was merely according to Benin traditions -- different from the Lagos account itself.

Having shown how your attachment disgraces you, I will be giving you a second chance to try harder.

See you, Lagosian wanna-be. grin

cc: lawani, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Obviously Benin lost wars

in fact Benin Empire became a shadow of itself in the 19th century

No one is invincible

Benin did not loose any war only the war against the British. There’s no account of Benin loosing any war. Loosing a battle doesn’t mean the war itself was lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Obviously Benin lost wars

in fact Benin Empire became a shadow of itself in the 19th century

No one is invincible

davidnazee:
Benin did not loose any war only the war against the British. There’s no account of Benin loosing any war. Loosing a battle doesn’t mean the war itself was lost.

In Benin vs Owo, Benin Kingdom was badly defeated and beaten black & blue.

Guess what! This defeat of Benin by Owo happened on two separate occasions accross centuries.

Go educate yourself on what led to the death of the then Benin military commander named Iken.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

It's an open free encyclopaedia where any Bini illiterate like you go into, write whatever comes to their mind, and fraudulently put Robert Smith as their source.

Are u denying that Great and powerful Benin Kingdom conquered the Awori settlement and absorbing it into the larger colony of Eko established by Benin Kingdom??

You have been told to provide just one proof that Benin Kingdom did not conquer Awori and established Lagos, you are now speaking in tongues.
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 2:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Are u denying that Great and powerful Benin Kingdom conquered the Awori settlement and absorbing it into the larger colony of Eko established by Benin Kingdom??

You have been told to provide just one proof that Benin Kingdom did not conquer Awori and established Lagos, you are now speaking in tongues.[/s]

At least Etinosa pretended to be providing evidence for his claim -- although he was ultimately dealt with and disgraced.

You need to read these comments with your eyes open to see where I proved my case and proved him wrong.

But at least he did a better job than you, as he -- at least -- pretended to be presenting something as evidence.

But for you, you would rather dwell on repition.

Don't worry after repeating your claim 500 times, it will be automatically believed by everyone. I promise! grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Wow.. so Mighty Benin chased the Aworis (TAO11 tribe) from the sandy dustinbin settlement near to ocean to Isheri, chased them from Isheri to Iddo and from iddo chased them into near extinction.. no wonder TAO11 hates Benin Kingdom..
As early as the 16th century Benin Kingdom had Europeans enlisted in its army as regular soldiers.

In TAO11 little mind these Europeans were fighting alongside thousands of stark naked Benin soldiers lol.
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by LegendHero(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Oh okay, now you've agreed that Lagos is more developed than your Benin of stench and blood.

The Aworis singlehandedly developed Lagos since time immemorial (before Europeans and before Nigeria) to have green pastures seeker flocking in from everywhere -- even from as far away as outside of today's Nigeria.

LegendHero has disgraced you all on your jealous claim of contributing to Lagos' development.

Set awon developers. grin

Benin self Dey claim developer.

Nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Wow.. so Mighty Benin chased the Aworis (TAO11 tribe) from the sandy dustinbin settlement near to ocean to Isheri, chased them from Isheri to Iddo and from iddo chased them into near extinction.. no wonder TAO11 hates Benin Kingdom..
As early as the 16th century Benin Kingdom had Europeans enlisted in its army as regular soldiers.

In TAO11 little mind these Europeans were fighting alongside thousands of stark naked Benin soldiers lol.[/s]

At least the guy you're quoting pretended to be providing evidence -- an "evidence" which was used to disgrace him anyways.

What is your own "evidence"? Set awon Logosian wanna-be. cheesy

You must be a die-hard fan of repeating a lie many times to make it stick without evidence obviously. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2020
LegendHero:

Benin self Dey claim developer.

Nothing wey person no go see for Nairaland.

I swear! Everyone wants a piece of Lagos. cheesy

Set awon developers. Set awon Lagosian wanna-be.

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

At least the guy you're quoting pretended to be providing evidence -- an "evidence" which was used to disgrace him anyways.

What is your own "evidence"? Set awon Logosian wanna-be. cheesy

You must be a die-hard fan of repeating a lie many times to make it stick without evidence obviously. grin
Damn! grin grin grin grin For their lives, any day them hear ordnary stammerer dey say "T T T T T T T," them go don pick race b4 them know say na "TOGETHER" the stammerer wan call, no be TAO12 or TAO11.

You have battered them to that level my amiable scholar. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

I swear! Everyone wants a piece of Lagos. cheesy

Set awon developers. Set awon Lagosian wanna-be.

Lol
grin grin grin don't kill me.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2020
gomojam:
Damn! grin grin grin grin For their lives, any day them hear ordnary stammerer dey say "T T T T T T T," them go don pick race b4 them know say na "TOGETHER" the stammerer wan call, no be TAO12 or TAO11.

You have battered them to that level my amiable scholar. grin grin grin

Hahahahahaha! grin grin

Just kill me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2020
gomojam:
grin grin grin don't kill me.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by RuggedSniper: 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

(1) Yes! At least more developed than the Edos who were still roaming stark n@ked without shame in as recent as the early-1900s.

Refer to the 1st attachment from page 24 of H.L. Roth(1903).

(2) I mean, there are many things you don't know, but an interesting one which I would love to highlight for you is the following from page 103 of H.L Roth(1903):

"Lieut. King found that “the king can sell his subjects when convicted of crime, or when they have incurred his displeasure." The royal right of abuse seems to have survived to the last days, for Gallwey (p. 129) mentions that “the Benin people are free, but are treated as slaves by the king, the title of king's slave being considered an honour." We have seen above that for different reasons the king claimed male children, widows and slaves belonging to deceased subjects; he could hardly get much more, so that the mass of the people were practically slaves to the king, and those who were not to the king were so to their chiefs."

Please note that the Yoruba King of Benin wouldn't have considered you Edos as slaves if he was truly an Edo like you all. grin

Moreover, he has the right of royal abuse to sacrifice any of you his slaves to Yoruba gods of Benin as is seen in the 2nd attachment. cheesy

(3) Refer to my comment found at the link below for refutation:

(1) Your comment here reminds me of the funny 'audio-meme' which says: "Why are you running?". grin cheesy

(2) Everything about you Edos seem to be about se.x.

But I understand why. Many, many centuries of shameless dick and boobs swinging by men and women in the Edo country is sufficient enough to alter your brains' configurations.

(3) This is only one of my four Nairaland accounts (and they are all well know to belong to me).

I am just putting this out there in case you're really bent on delivering your Benin Kingdom from my grip of historical scrutiny.

(4) I am obsessed with disgracing liars --no matter who they are. No wonder you said I'm obsessed about you.

(5) First, you need to make up your mind on whether or not Benin Kingdom was truly ruled by two different kings at the same time -- the so-called "Oba Erhengbuda" and the so-called "Oba Orghogbua".

The inherent contradiction in your account contributes to the evidence of glaring fabrication of your false and distorted Benin narrative of conquest.

Learn to make up your mind the next time. wink

(1) You and which historian found this? Please give us your colleagues names with quotation.

When I typed the words "phono-semantic matching", I actually suspected that it will prove difficult for you to grapple with, and you didn't disappoint. A smart person would have read up.

(2) The only conquering in "history" is that in which the Edos were subjugated to slaves, by the Ife royalty, till date.

Anyways, refer to my comment found at the link below:

(3) By the way you didn't get those from the author you've falsely atttibuted them to, rather you lifted that off from WiKipedia word-for-word.

You just exposed yourself to be a gutter junk Bini illiterate considering your Wikipedia-level crude argumentation. grin

Anyways, do some reading and return here to inform us about the actual content of your author, Williams Lizzie.

(4) Also, feel free to type out what Robert Smith said in his "Kingdoms of the Yoruba". I look forward to seeing that. Hopefully this time you will quote the author himself.

(5) Yes, all Edo Lagosian wannabe say this, but unfortunately for you, the name Eko does NOT show Benin origin as you hope.

And sadly for you, I am a Lagosian, while you are a Lagosian wanna-be. I'm already living your dream. Set awon land grabbers.

^^^1. Oko Odu was corrupted by the British to Ikorodu 2. Oko/Eko from Erekosi meaning 'pepper farm' NOT the false war camp wikipedia definition 3. Sakwato corrupted to Sokoto 4. Enugwu became Enugu 5. Owere became Owerri 6. Esan was corrupted to Ishan by the British. Esan-Edos have adopted the correct phonetic spelling as of today! Cc: Etinosa1234 PS: Over 600 years ago, the Awori-Yoruba progenitor... Olofin at Iddo Island divided Eko or Lagos Island among his male children who used the land for mainly farming (Oko) before the Bini arrival via the waterways in a failed attack on Iddo Island. The Lagos white cap chiefs are direct male descendants of Olofin. Read more on history of Olofin and his pioneer settlement in 'THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA' by Sir Allan Burns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by RuggedSniper: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

(1) First of all, please be aware that your Wikipedia quotation (fraudulently attributed to Robert Smith's "Kingdoms of the Yoruba" ) is not found on the said page or on any other page for that matter.

(2) For some strange reasons, you Binis are fond of presenting the very screenshots that refute you. Lol.

Looking at your highlighted portion of the screenshot, only four aspects relate to Benin as follows:

(a) The part which makes it clear that the Binis ultimately agreed to settle in Lagos peacefully after their many failed attacks.

In fact, as will be seen on another page of the same book, after settling in peacefully for years (as agreed), the Binis (and other migrants) resumed conflict against their host (the Aworis), thus leading to the slaughter of the Benin military commander, Asheru.

(b) The part where the author states (by his use of "perhaps") that the Benin account -- which claims that the Binis settled after outflanking the Lagosians -- was a doubtful account.

(c) The part where the author states (by his use of "perhaps") that the Benin account -- which claims that the Aworis' spread to Iddo (and other places) was due to the ambitions of Benin on the mainland -- was also a doubtful account.

(d) The part where the author states that the supposed control of Lagos -- supposedly by a certain "Oba Orhogba of Benin" -- was merely according to Benin traditions -- different from the Lagos account itself.

Having shown how your attachment disgraces you, I will be giving you a second chance to try harder.

^^^Well articulated @TAO12! You are a true omo Eko (Lagos indigene) NOT an ara Eko (Lagos resident)! grin

3 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

But talk true...this thin pain u Sha...nor cry
Doubtful account because it talks about ur village... lemme see ur own page 73 of u are really sure

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by gregyboy(m): 7:23pm On Jun 10, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^Well articulated @TAO12! You are a true omo Eko (Lagos indigene) NOT an ara Eko (Lagos resident)! grin

After twisting the account to favour the aworis, we still have a benin monarchy ruling lagos, i guessed the binis begged the aworis to allow a benin monarchy rule them......lastly the British acccount also recognized the fact that lagos was under benin rule and they paid tribute to benin... Before the British took over lagos.....

Sense bro, sense..... TAO11 has gone mad dont follow suit

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 7:24pm On Jun 10, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^1. Oko Odu was corrupted by the British to Ikorodu 2. Oko/Eko from Erekosi meaning 'pepper farm' NOT the false war camp wikipedia definition 3. Sakwato corrupted to Sokoto 4. Enugwu became Enugu 5. Owere became Owerri 6. Esan was corrupted to Ishan by the British. Esan-Edos have adopted the correct phonetic spelling as of today! Cc: Etinosa1234 PS: Over 600 years ago, the Awori-Yoruba progenitor... Olofin at Iddo Island divided Eko or Lagos Island among his male children who used the land for mainly farming (Oko) before the Bini arrival via the waterways in a failed attack on Iddo Island. The Lagos white cap chiefs are direct male descendants of Olofin. Read more on history of Olofin and his pioneer settlement in 'THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA' by Sir Allan Burns.
Screen shot the page like I did mine...

Don't goan quote someone that never existed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

Oluwo Tells Osun Obas They Can't Suspend Him / Crisis In Ile-ife As Ruling Houses Battle Over Oba Sijuwade’s Successor / Are Aworis And Eguns Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.