Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship (25116 Views)

The Name Lagos, Was Called Ekonunuame By The Benins / Benins Were The First Educated Nigerians. Dr Okafor / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 3:15am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

The Aworis were subdued and subjugated by Benin Kingdom, and relegated to the background..
Now I know where your frustration comes from..

Me sef I don understand why she carry Benin matter for head like gala

Na she go tire Las las

Oba gha t'okpere
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 3:17am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

If an unsubstantiable joke makes you sleep at night, by all means dwell in it. grin

Guess what, I am a living reality of what you always dream to be -- Lagosian.

Your foreparents are fond of Chimpanzees for obvious reasons.

No one dreams to be a lagosian...

That place Na advanced slum
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:20am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

No one dreams to be a lagosian...

That place Na advanced slum

Don't speak for your brothers!

They wannabe Lagosians so bad.

Set awon land grabbers.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 3:27am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Don't speak for your brothers!

They wannabe Lagosians so bad. Land grabbers.

Its not like u guys developed Lagos yourselves..

Work of a whole country plus colonial masters.... Na only Yoruba dey claim am...Lol

Since the source of ur frustration toward the Benin pple has been known...I wish u well..lmao

Keep fighting for the aworis the only way u can

On Nairaland ..lmao

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 3:29am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

The Yoruba Oba of Benin considers all his Edo subjects to be his slaves.

So, you must always salute him even on Nairaland to prove your allegiance to his right of royal abuse over you.

If an unsubstantiable joke makes you sleep at night, by all means dwell in it. grin

Guess what, I am a living reality of what you always dream to be -- Lagosian.

Your foreparents are fond of Chimpanzees for obvious reasons.

You are frustrated again.. Don't be angry, I was only summarizing the paternal side of your history for you..
"The Aworis were subdued and subjugated by Benin Kingdom and relegated to the background".. This is your history for you..
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Its not like u guys developed Lagos yourselves..

Work of a whole country plus colonial masters.... Na only Yoruba dey claim am...Lol

Since the source of ur frustration toward the Benin pple has been known...I wish u well..lmao

Keep fighting for the aworis the only way u can

On Nairaland ..lmao

Oh okay, now you've agreed that Lagos is more developed than your Benin of stench and blood.

The Aworis singlehandedly developed Lagos since time immemorial (before Europeans and before Nigeria) to have green pastures seeker flocking in from everywhere -- even from as far away as outside of today's Nigeria.

LegendHero has disgraced you all on your jealous claim of contributing to Lagos' development.

Set awon developers. grin

3 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 3:35am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Oh okay, now you've agreed that Lagos is more developed than Benin of stench and blood.

The Aworis singlehandedly developed Lagos since time immemorial (before Europeans and before Nigeria) to have green pastures seeker from everywhere -- even from as far away as outside of today's Nigeria.

LegendHero has disgraced you all on your jealous claim of contributing to Lagos' development.

Set awon developers.

Aworian shut up.. You guys are even an extinct group sef (courtesy of Benin Kingdom).
which lagos did you develop?
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:36am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

You are frustrated again.. Don't be angry, I was only summarizing the paternal side of your history for you..
"The Aworis were subdued and subjugated by Benin Kingdom and relegated to the background".. This is your history for you..

I am glad you didn't deny being a loyal slave of the Yoruba Oba of Benin. grin cheesy

Having said that, thick-skulled Binis can hardly differentiate between making an empty dead claim and proving such claim.

Lad, these two are not one and the same thing.

But if seeing them as one and the same thing helps you sleep at night, by all means feel free to go ahead. grin

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 3:40am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

I am glad you didn't deny being a loyal slave of the Yoruba Oba of Benin. grin cheesy

Having said that, thick-skulled Binis can hardly differentiate between making an empty dead claim and proving such claim.

Lad, these two are not one and the same thing.

But if seeing them as one and the same thing helps you sleep at night, by all means feel free to go ahead. grin

There you go again Lilliput..
I didn't make up any claim.. It's all over historical archives and you can read it easily on the internet (which you know already) that "Aworis (your tribe) were subdued and subjugated by Benin kingdom and relegated to the background"... only a Lilliput will say I made it up..
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 3:42am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Oh okay, now you've agreed that Lagos is more developed than Benin of stench and blood.

The Aworis singlehandedly developed Lagos since time immemorial (before Europeans and before Nigeria) to have green pastures seeker from everywhere -- er jealous claim of contributing to Lagos' development.

Set awon developers.

Lol..I never said Benin developed Lagos..
I said it was the work of the whole nation esp as it was the former capital of Nigeria

In other news the aworis were once subdued by the Benin during the time of oba erhengbuda...since then the Benin have had to contend with the anger of Tao12 as she prepares to get her revenge

On Nairaland lmao cheesy
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:43am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

(1) Aworian shut up..

(2) You guys are even an extinct group sef (courtesy of Benin Kingdom).

(3) which lagos did you develop?

(1) Listen up Oh ye Edo slave of the Yoruba Oba of Benin, I don't mind that you struggle to spell Awori correctly. I am not expecting too much from a dyslexiac though.

(2) See embedded video of the Aworis of Lagos and Ogun States paying homage to Oba Ogunwusi at their root -- Ile-Ife:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-cG1nC8fM

(3) The same Lagos of your dreams. grin

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 3:45am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

I didn't make up any claim.. It's all over historical archives and you can read it easily on the internet (which you know already) that "Aworis (your tribe) were subdued and subjugated by Benin kingdom and relegated to the background"... only a Lilliput will say I made it up..

Bro...have u ever wondered why Tao is seen on any nairaland thread that talks abt Benin history

This is because "Aworis (your tribe) were subdued and subjugated by Benin kingdom and relegated to the background"..

I guess she is still waiting for father Columbine to state that it never happened...lmao
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 3:51am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro...have u ever wondered why Tao is seen on any nairaland thread that talks abt Benin history

This is because "Aworis (your tribe) were subdued and subjugated by Benin kingdom and relegated to the background"..

I guess she is still waiting for father Columbine to state that it never happened...lmao

I can understand why you hate the innocent French Father and why his name stuck. grin cheesy

Anyways, keep reading along!

davidnazee:

Which historical archive? grin

Remeber how I once disgraced one of your brothers when he though this lie will pass through me?

Like I said, if an unsubstantiable claim gives you the needed peace to be able to sleep, by all means go ahead.

The undeniable substantiable historical fact, however, is of Ife's ascendancy over your 2by2 kingdom.

Let's not even go again into how your 2by2 kingdom was slaughtered for fun by Ibadan, Ilesa, Isan, Nupe, Igbo, and countless others. grin

Hold on! Is "Lilliput" the latest addition to your vocabulary bank?

Does it remind you of the aboriginal settlers of your Edo land? -- Ivbirinwineko. grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 4:01am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

(1) Listen up Oh ye Edo slave of the Yoruba Oba of Benin, I don't mind that you struggle to spell Awori correctly. I am not expecting too much from a dyslexiac though.

(2) See embedded video of the Aworis of Lagos and Ogun States paying homage to Oba Ogunwusi at their root -- Ile-Ife:

(3) The same Lagos of your dreams. grin

Cheers!

Lilliput, nobody cares about yoruba or awori roots (just as British colonial masters didn't care about African roots when conquering). We conquered and colonized all of your ancestors for over 500 years.. That is what matters..

If Oba of Benin visits Lagos, I bet the Oba of Lagos will give his throne to the Oba of Benin to sit on out of respect.. But if your Ooni visits he will be given a joko to simbe on... lol..
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 4:07am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

Lilliput, nobody cares about yoruba or awori roots (just as British colonial masters didn't care about African roots when conquering).

We conquered and colonized all of your ancestors for over 500 years.. That is what matters..

I ask again: Is "Lilliput", the latest addition to your vocabulary bank? Does it remind you of your autochthonous ancestors? grin

No, that video was meant to disgrace you for your ignorant statement that Awori is "an extinct group".

No, the only thing that was conquered and colonized is your Edo unsubstatiable lies -- including the one about Lagos which I'm conquering and colonizing at the moment. grin

If Oba of Benin visits Lagos, I bet the Oba of Lagos will give his throne to the Oba of Benin to sit on out of respect.. But if your Ooni visits he will be given a joko to simbe on... lol..

Looks like your lies weren't effective in helping to put you to sleep. May be your fantasies will anyways. grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 4:18am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

I ask again: Is "Lilliput", the latest addition to your vocabulary bank? Does it remind you of your autochthonous ancestors? grin

No, that video was meant to disgrace you for your ignorant statement that Awori is "an extinct group".

No, the only thing that was conquered is you Edo unsubstatiable lies -- including the one about Lagos which I'm conquering at the moment. grin

Looks like your lies weren't effective in helping to put you to sleep. May be your fantasies will anyways. grin

Poor you... even online your frustration is glaring..
yes "Lilliput" is my latest vocabulary for you. It describes your level of reasoning..

Which of my claims are you conquering?

That Benin Kingdom subdued and subjugated the Aworis (your tribe)?
That Benin Kingdom relegated Aworis (your tribe) to the background?
That the Aworis (your tribe) are now an extinct group?

please which of these claims are you conquering?
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 4:31am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:

(1)Poor you... even online your frustration is glaring..yes "Lilliput" is my latest vocabulary for you. It describes your level of reasoning..

(2) Which of my claims are you conquering?

(a) That Benin Kingdom subdued and subjugated the Aworis (your tribe)? That Benin Kingdom relegated Aworis (your tribe) to the background?

(b) That the Aworis (your tribe) are now an extinct group?

(3) please which of these claims are you conquering?

(1) Good for you for just stumbling upon the word "Lilliput" recently. I have since learnt of how it perfectly mirrors the original ancestors of the Edos.

(2) The same ones I just conquered. See them again for emphasis.

(a) "What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

-- Hitchens' Razor by Christopher Hitchens.

(b)

(3) They've just been re-stated for emphasis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by RuggedSniper: 4:32am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

I'm not sure where he got the picture from. I'm only use his own picture to drive home my own point.

My mother is an Ife princess whose ancestry traces directly; through Ife princes, princeses, and kings; back to Ooni Lajamisan.

She travels home to her Akodi in Ife at some intervals for periodic meetings especially at the outset of the ascension of Ooni Ogunwusi.

Moreover, I am myself of Awori descent paternally -- so it goes back through Olofin Ogunfunminire of Lagos back to Ife again.

Genealogy is a very complex web anyways. It goes all over the place. I am, however, proud to have sufficient awareness of the many Yoruba Kingdoms that I am connected with.

What about you? Are you Yoruba?

@TAO12... Ahaa! grin My gut feeling and Sherlock Holmes instincts are right about your aristocratic lineages to Ife and Iddo/Lagos Islands via Ota/Isheri. Awesome stuff! Yup... I've got roots in the West side too. Did you know that 'Olu317' on NL is also from a royal line in Ife? You may both wish to link up on NL. I will ask you 2 quick questions here about the full etymology of Eko (pepper farm?... the war camp Wikipedia definition is far-fetched), and 2nd, if Iruland (i.e, Victoria Island) is owned by the Awori-Yoruba or is it the Ijebu-Yoruba of Lagos State. Last but not least, thanks again for your brilliant reply.

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 4:51am On Jun 10, 2020
RuggedSniper:
@TAO12... Ahaa! grin My gut feeling and Sherlock Holmes instincts are right about your aristocratic lineages to Ife and Iddo/Lagos Islands via Ota/Isheri. Awesome stuff! Yup... I've got roots in the West side too. Did you know that 'Olu317' on NL is also from a royal line in Ife? You may both wish to link up on NL. I will ask you 2 questions here about the full etymology of Eko (pepper farm?... the war camp wikipedia definition is far-fetched), and if Iruland (Victoria island) is owned by the Awori-Yoruba or the Ijebu-Yoruba. Last but not least, thanks again for your brilliant reply.

Yes oo, emi l'omo k'a f'okpa wa, k'a f'aje wa, k'a f'ogede-gede owo wa oko de Isheri Olofin.

Yeah, I believe so about Olu. But that bro is a die- hard Hebrew wanna-be for interesting reasons.

The name "Eko" seem to me to be a phono-semantic matching of Yoruba and Edo from the earlier original Yoruba name of the "Lagos" settlement, "Oko".

Talking about ownership, as far as the historical evidence is concerned, the "Lagos" region was first settled by the Aworis.

No doubt some Binis, Ijebus, and others who later came to be attracted there for trade purposes, did become absorbed.

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by davidnazee: 5:06am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Yes oo, emi l'omo k'a f'okpa wa, k'a f'aje wa, k'a f'ogede-gede owo wa oko de Isheri Olofin.

Yeah, I believe so about Olu. But that bro is a die- hard Hebrew wanna-be for interesting reasons.

The name "Eko" is a phono-semantic matching of Yoruba and Edo from the earlier original Yoruba name of the "Lagos" settlement, "Oko".

Talking about ownership, as far as the historical evidence is concerned, the "Lagos" region was first settled by the Aworis.

No doubt some Binis, Ijebus, and others who later came to be attracted there for trade purposes, did become absorbed.

Why do you always like to paint history with deceptive colours?
The Aworis were settled only on one of the islands that makes up present day Lagos.. Vast parts of present Lagos Islands were unhabited, owned by nobody. The Edo warriors came, subdued the Aworis on their island and established military garrisons on the other unhabited Islands. These military posts also served as camps for many Edo traders. These camps grew into settlements which absorbed the other original Awori settlement.

Other Yoruba tribes like the Ijebus began to migrate to Lagos after it was a thriving town thanks to Benin Kingdom which was already ruling Lagos.
The yoruba tribes migration to Lagos was mainly due to the wars and conflicts plaging Yorubalands.. Lagos serves as a place of refuge for the migrants many of whom settled on Lagos mainland and under the protaction of Benin Kingdom.
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 5:14am On Jun 10, 2020
davidnazee:
[/b]

[s]Why do you always like to paint history with deceptive colours?
The Aworis were settled only on one of the islands that makes up present day Lagos.. Vast parts of present Lagos Islands were unhabited, owned by nobody. The Edo warriors came, subdued the Aworis on their island and established military garrisons on the other unhabited Islands. These military posts also served as camps for many Edo traders. These camps grew into settlements which absorbed the other original Awori settlement.

Other Yoruba tribes like the Ijebus began to migrate to Lagos after it was a thriving town thanks to Benin Kingdom which was already ruling Lagos.
The yoruba tribes migration to Lagos was mainly due to the wars and conflicts plaging Yorubalands.. Lagos serves as a place of refuge for the migrants many of whom settled on Lagos mainland and under the protaction of Benin Kingdom.[/s]

You are beginning to sound deranged as usual. grin

Aworis settled all across Lagos. Iddo, Isheri, Iru, Ibeju, parts of Epe, Ketu, Ikeja, Ipakodo in Ikorodu, among many other places along Lagos coast and inland.

You've been understood to be a clown. You're only seeking how to put your self to sleep tonight.

And again for all your other claims here:

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

-- Hitchens' Razor by Christopher Hitchens.

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by RuggedSniper: 5:20am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

The name "Eko" is a phono-semantic matching of Yoruba and Edo from the earlier original Yoruba name of the "Lagos" settlement, "Oko".

grin Awesome reply... and the oriki too! Thanks for the Eko clarifications. @Olu and Hebrew are like Siamese twins... LOL. OK then, I wish you a GREAT month ahead. Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 7:16am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

(1) Lol..I never said Benin developed Lagos..
I said it was the work of the whole nation esp as it was the former capital of Nigeria

(2) In other news the aworis were once subdued by the Benin during the time of oba erhengbuda...since then the Benin have had to contend with the anger of Tao12 as she prepares to get her revenge

On Nairaland lmao cheesy

(1) I am glad you humbly activated your denial mode. Lagos' development is a process which began in ancient times by the owners -- the Aworis.

No wonder they've been attracting migrants, since ancient times, from all over.

(2) Refer to my point (2a) at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

Also refer to my comment at the following link:

https://www.nairaland.com/5910322/olokun-worship-indigenous-benin-other/1#90502447

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 10:08am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

(1) I am gladly you humbly activated your denial mode.

(2) Refer to my point (2a) at the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

Also refer to my comment at the following link:

https://www.nairaland.com/5910322/olokun-worship-indigenous-benin-other/1#90502447

Cheers!

Lol..So Lagos was more developed than other tribes prior to colonialism lmao...

Tell me another thing that I dont know

Well...I don't want us to deviate from the fact that The Awori were subjugated, defeated, and relegated to their backyard in their own house

Since then...A certain Tao said that the Benin will not have peace until she finally gets her revenge..

On Nairaland
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

I can understand why you hate the innocent French Father and why his name stuck. grin cheesy

Anyways, keep reading along!

Which historical archive? grin

Remeber how I once disgraced one of your brothers when he though this lie will pass through me?

Like I said, if an unsubstantiable claim gives you the needed peace to be able to sleep, by all means go ahead.

The undeniable substantiable historical fact, however, is of Ife's ascendancy over your 2by2 kingdom.

Let's not even go again into how your 2by2 kingdom was slaughtered for fun by Ibadan, Ilesa, Isan, Nupe, Igbo, and countless others. grin

Hold on! Is "Lilliput" the latest addition to your vocabulary bank?

Does it remind you of the aboriginal settlers of your Edo land? -- Ivbirinwineko. grin

Don't worry....

we know go follow u argue again...

We've seen that threads abt Benin makes u come quicker than expected...

Little Wonder why all 546 post of urs is all about the Benin kingdom...

u must be so obsessed abt us

Lets not forget the fact that The Awori were defeated by the Benin during the reign of Oba Erhengbuda and a certain Tao is looking for a source that says otherwise lmao

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2020
TAO12:

Lol... Historians have already found out that the name eko is of Benin origin meaning camp

But a certain Tao is saying it was a corrupted word lmao ...

The Bini were obviously attracted there and we came, we saw and we conquered ur fathers ...

less than 400 yrs later...A certain Yoruba gal that seems aggrieved for her forefathers loss is trying to rewrite history through Nairaland looool

By the way... According to Williams Lizzie (2008). Nigeria: The Bradt Travel Guide . Bradt Travel Guides. p. 110...In the 16th century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire and the island became a Benin war-camp called "Eko" under Oba Orhogbua, the Oba of Benin at the time

Also Smith, Robert Sydney (1988). Kingdoms of the Yoruba (3 ed.). University of Wisconsin Press . p. 73. also confirms this...

The name Eko shows Bini origins but a certain emotional Nairaland claims that the name was a corrupted word...

Nor cry u hear...God wee do it for u cheesy grin
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Edopesin: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2020
lawani:
They do not have ogboni in Benin.
lols you have no idea
Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by TAO12: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

(1) Lol..So Lagos was more developed than other tribes prior to colonialism lmao...

(2) Tell me another thing that I dont know

(3) Well...I don't want us to deviate from the fact that The Awori were subjugated, defeated, and relegated to their backyard in their own house

Since then...A certain Tao said that the Benin will not have peace until she finally gets her revenge..

On Nairaland

(1) Yes! At least more developed than the Edos who were still roaming stark n@ked without shame in as recent as the early-1900s.

Refer to the 1st attachment from page 24 of H.L. Roth(1903).

(2) I mean, there are many things you don't know, but an interesting one which I would love to highlight for you is the following from page 103 of H.L Roth(1903):

"Lieut. King found that “the king can sell his subjects when convicted of crime, or when they have incurred his displeasure." The royal right of abuse seems to have survived to the last days, for Gallwey (p. 129) mentions that “the Benin people are free, but are treated as slaves by the king, the title of king's slave being considered an honour." We have seen above that for different reasons the king claimed male children, widows and slaves belonging to deceased subjects; he could hardly get much more, so that the mass of the people were practically slaves to the king, and those who were not to the king were so to their chiefs."

Please note that the Yoruba King of Benin wouldn't have considered you Edos as slaves if he was truly an Edo like you all. grin

Moreover, he has the right of royal abuse to sacrifice any of you his slaves to Yoruba gods of Benin as is seen in the 2nd attachment. cheesy

(3) Refer to my comment found at the link below for refutation:

Also refer to my point (2a) at my comment found at the link below:

hhttps://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

Etinosa1234:

(1) Don't worry.... we know go follow u argue again...

(2) We've seen that threads abt Benin makes u come quicker than expected...

(3) Little Wonder why all 546 post of urs is all about the Benin kingdom...

(4) u must be so obsessed abt us

(5) Lets not forget the fact that The Awori were defeated by the Benin during the reign of Oba Erhengbuda and a certain Tao is looking for a source that says otherwise lmao

(1) Your comment here reminds me of the funny 'audio-meme' which says: "Why are you running?". grin cheesy

(2) Everything about you Edos seem to be about se.x.

But I understand why. Many, many centuries of shameless dick and boobs swinging by men and women in the Edo country is sufficient enough to alter your brains' configurations.

(3) This is only one of my four Nairaland accounts (and they are all well know to belong to me).

I am just putting this out there in case you're really bent on delivering your Benin Kingdom from my grip of historical scrutiny.

(4) I am obsessed with disgracing liars --no matter who they are. No wonder you said I'm obsessed about you.

(5) First, you need to make up your mind on whether or not Benin Kingdom was truly ruled by two different kings at the same time -- the so-called "Oba Erhengbuda" and the so-called "Oba Orghogbua".

The inherent contradiction in your account contributes to the evidence of glaring fabrication of your false and distorted Benin narrative of conquest.

Learn to make up your mind the next time. wink

Etinosa1234:

(1) Lol... Historians have already found out that the name eko is of Benin origin meaning camp

But a certain Tao is saying it was a corrupted word lmao ...

(2) The Bini were obviously attracted there and we came, we saw and we conquered ur fathers ...

less than 400 yrs later...A certain Yoruba gal that seems aggrieved for her forefathers loss is trying to rewrite history through Nairaland looool

(3) By the way... According to Williams Lizzie (2008). Nigeria: The Bradt Travel Guide . Bradt Travel Guides. p. 110...In the 16th century, the Awori settlement was conquered by the Benin Empire and the island became a Benin war-camp called "Eko" under Oba Orhogbua, the Oba of Benin at the time

(4) Also Smith, Robert Sydney (1988). Kingdoms of the Yoruba (3 ed.). University of Wisconsin Press . p. 73. also confirms this...

(5) The name Eko shows Bini origins but a certain emotional Nairaland claims that the name was a corrupted word...

Nor cry u hear...God wee do it for u cheesy grin

(1) You and which historian found this? Please give us your colleagues names with quotation.

When I typed the words "phono-semantic matching", I actually suspected that it will prove difficult for you to grapple with, and you didn't disappoint. A smart person would have read up.

(2) The only conquering in "history" is that in which the Edos were subjugated to slaves, by the Ife royalty, till date.

Anyways, refer to my comment found at the link below:

Also refer to my point (2a) at my comment found at the link below:

hhttps://www.nairaland.com/5846195/benins-owners-ogboni-confraternity/12#90501582

(3) By the way you didn't get those from the author you've falsely atttibuted them to, rather you lifted that off from WiKiPedIa word-for-word.

You just exposed yourself to be a gutter junk Bini illiterate considering your Wikipedia-level crude argumentation. grin

Anyways, do some reading and return here to inform us about the actual content of your author, Williams Lizzie.

(4) Also, feel free to type out what Robert Smith said in his "Kingdoms of the Yoruba". I look forward to seeing that. Hopefully this time you will quote the author himself.

(5) Yes, all Edo Lagosian wannabe say this, but unfortunately for you, the name Eko does NOT show Benin origin as you hope.

And sadly for you, I am a Lagosian, while you are a Lagosian wanna-be. I'm already living your dream. Set awon land grabbers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by hayoholla(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Don't worry....

we know go follow u argue again...

We've seen that threads abt Benin makes u come quicker than expected...

Little Wonder why all 546 post of urs is all about the Benin kingdom...

u must be so obsessed abt us

Lets not forget the fact that [b]The Awori were defeated by the Benin during the reign of Oba Erhengbuda and a certain Tao is looking for a source that says otherwise lmao
[/b]
Na everybody Benin dey defeat for war grin they no dey lose grin

1 Like

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by lawani: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2020
Edopesin:

lols you have no idea
Ogboni came to Benin in the 1950s.

2 Likes

Re: Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship by Etinosa1234: 12:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
hayoholla:
[/b] Na everybody Benin dey defeat for war grin they no dey lose grin
Obviously Benin lost wars
in fact Benin Empire became a shadow of itself in the 19th century
No one is invincible

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Oluwo Tells Osun Obas They Can't Suspend Him / Crisis In Ile-ife As Ruling Houses Battle Over Oba Sijuwade’s Successor / Are Aworis And Eguns Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.