Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? (30030 Views)

Salah, Osimhen Or Hakimi... Who Deserves CAF 2023 Best Player Award? / 2019 CAF Young Player Of Year: Osimhen Or Chukwueze, Who Wins? / Nigerian Footballer, Samuel Chukweze Takes His Mother On Vacation In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by bastien: 6:14am On May 10, 2020
Iwobi has more commercial face than any of them... So Iwobi

3 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by SmartyPants(m): 6:14am On May 10, 2020
Obviously Osimhen. Ndidi not far behind... Chukwueze is not quite performing at the same level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by jrusky(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2020
Add Julius Aghanhowa and Musa in the list na so una go dey create issues where issue no dey even some chest beaters don dey beat their chest as usual already going tribal way.
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by TruthSpeaker: 6:24am On May 10, 2020
I think Nigeria is still not good enough in Football. We are not even African champions, and when we go to World Cup we always crash out of the group stage (of recent at least). With our massive population a lot more is expected of us. I’m even surprised we are ranked number 31 by FIFA as at today.
Brazil has just about 10 million people more than us. Football is practically our only national sport, so we have to be doing much better. Argentina population is just 45.2 million and they have many good players. Uruguay barely has 3.5 million population are they are really good playing football. I hope nobody will ask me why China with 1.3 billion people remains unknown in football. Football is not their national sport. China represents really well at Olympic Games, after USA they are number 2. The poor quality of Nigeria football league isn’t helping issue for us at all.
Now back to the core question, I think Osimhen is ahead of Chukwuemeka and also ahead of Ndudi. At least based on their performance at club level of recent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by hardeycute(m): 6:26am On May 10, 2020
Honor10:

I know one senseless human will go tribal on a sport thread.

Ndidi for me, Chukweze did well in one or two matches in world cup and then refuse to show again.
Which Chukwueze participated in the World Cup?
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by unmask: 6:26am On May 10, 2020
Face and role model definitely Ndidi.....great footballer who combines that with school - not saying going to school is ultimate show - But being that responsible with so much money at his disposal shows someone that has a good head on his neck.... certainly leadership material......I will go with him

The face of Nigeria football must show maturity from a young age

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by hardeycute(m): 6:29am On May 10, 2020
helinues:
That Ndidi is just extra ordinary...

He can mark, he can make accurate pass, he can score.

One of the best Midfielder currently in EPL.

Abeg he is undisputed
Backpasses you mean? I guess you don't watch him play because that's one of his game deficiencies. Nigga can't give a forward pass to save his life.
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by helinues: 6:33am On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
Backpasses you mean? I guess you don't watch him play because that's one of his game deficiencies. Nigga can't give a forward pass to save his life.

You must have been watching the back of your TV

So back passes gave him the award of the best Midfielder in EPL? He was even selected at one point as one of the 5 best Midfielders in Europe.

7 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by omocalabar(m): 6:35am On May 10, 2020
This is a close one
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Seunfretty: 6:35am On May 10, 2020
To me I will pick chukwueze over them all....why....his is product Nigeria haven't had in decades..a left footer that can destroy ...cross the ball ...dribble and can run so fast ....his really a talent.... Next to him I will pick osimhen.....the first time I saw him I tink at the under 20 "nt sure" I saw hunger and drive...he keep asking for the ball upfront and that's key to succeeding...his also good with the ball and can score varieties of goals....I will put indidi lastly...his also a very good player...the only issue I have with him is ...his nt much of an elite kind of DM...his much of the old school"sit behind the ball" kind of player....he does his defensive duties well but how about some other things ...like ball passing... and some other key things require ...MOST TOP TEAMS IN EUROPE WONT SIGN YOU COS U CAN MARK THE OPPONENT ALONE...another player that plays close to indidi in style is partey of athletico...but we all knw how good he is with the ball...indidi to me is just too average with the ball at his feet

2 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by jericco1(m): 6:39am On May 10, 2020
That'll be Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by hardeycute(m): 6:39am On May 10, 2020
helinues:

You must have been watching the back of your TV

So back passes gave him the award of the best Midfielder in EPL? He was even selected at one point as one of the 5 best Midfielders in Europe.
He is the one of the best defensive midfielder no doubt but being the best Midfielder do not equates being the best/better passer of the ball or you don't know the meaning of "accurate pass".

I'm sure he doesn't average more than 30 passes in a game, how many long balls? His passing accuracy may even be higher but it's all due to his "safe and backward passes" which I referred to as "maje ko baje" football. It's always a pain in the ass when you see him with a ball, but making tackles and interceptions, he is one of the best.

2 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by edi287: 6:40am On May 10, 2020
Ndidi is our most consistent player so I guess you could say it's him.
We don't really have a face just yet tbh.

1 Like

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by hardeycute(m): 6:42am On May 10, 2020
Seunfretty:
To me I will pick chukwueze over them all....why....his is product Nigeria haven't had in decades..a left footer that can destroy ...cross the ball ...dribble and can run so fast ....his really a talent.... Next to him I will pick osimhen.....the first time I saw him I tink at the under 20 "nt sure" I saw hunger and drive...he keep asking for the ball upfront and that's key to succeeding...his also good with the ball and can score varieties of goals....I will put indidi lastly...his also a very good player...the only issue I have with him is ...his nt much of an elite kind of DM...his much of the old school"sit behind the ball" kind of player....he does his defensive duties well but how about some other things ...like ball passing .. and some other key things require ...MOST TOP TEAMS IN EUROPE WONT SIGN YOU COS U CAN MARK THE OPPONENT ALONE...another player that plays close to indidi in style is partey of athletico...but we all knw how good he is with the ball...indidi to me is just too average with the ball at his feet
This is another person with the same observation as mine

Cc Helinues
I like Ndidi but his passing ability is below par.
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Jakemedg(m): 6:43am On May 10, 2020
Osimhen
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by RTSC: 6:45am On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
That was before.

Ndidi has greatly improved in that regards.

His assists and vital goals has improved based on that.

4 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by helinues: 6:46am On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
He is the one of the best defensive midfielder no doubt but being the best Midfielder do not equates being the best/better passer of the ball or you don't know the meaning of "accurate pass".

I'm sure he doesn't average more than 30 passes in a game, how many long balls? His passing accuracy may even be higher but it's all due to his "safe and backward passes" which I referred to as "maje ko baje" football. It's always a pain in the ass when you see him with a ball, but making tackles and interceptions, he is one of the best.

In football, delivery of passes ( Long, short, front or backward) is what makes one extra ordinary, especially midfielder.

How would rate Ndidi passes delivery?
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by helinues: 6:47am On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
This is another person with the same observation as mine

Cc Helinues
I like Ndidi but his passing ability is below par.

Passing ability in terms of delivery?
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by ofiko123(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2020
Chuwkueze..
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by hardeycute(m): 6:51am On May 10, 2020
Average. In a team where the pattern is not possession based football, he is the go to guy. He is a perfect fit for Leicester.
helinues:

In football, delivery of passes ( Long, short, front or backward) is what makes one extra ordinary, especially midfielder.

How would rate Ndidi passes delivery?
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Nobody: 6:52am On May 10, 2020
Ndidi is bae, nwanne followed by chukwueze then last but not the least is osi
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Yungmil: 6:55am On May 10, 2020
ndidi
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by tellwisdom: 6:55am On May 10, 2020
New face how?? Wetin these ones de play?

Ndidi is below average- Just tackling carelessly and without calculation. Osimhen, still playing kindergarten football and scoring goals with premature kids in his club. Chukwueze is still someone I can rate average due to his confidence and use of ball, but Na just 45 mins player.

All of them are not intelligent players- They don’t wow me

2 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by helinues: 6:56am On May 10, 2020
hardeycute:
Average. In a team where the pattern is not possession based football, he is the go to guy. He is a perfect fit for Leicester.

Average still fair.

In EPL, these are the players are always respect when it comes to passes delivery.

Kevin Debrune
Matic
Fernandinho
Maguire
May be Kante sha
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Lumig: 6:57am On May 10, 2020
wink THEY ARE ALL SPECTACULAR PLAYERS, I'LL SAY THE THREE OF THEM
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Roon9(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2020
Ndidi is the face of Africa
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by AreaFada2: 7:01am On May 10, 2020
Ndidi is becoming a rock. Osimhen lifts the team.

With the right mentoring Chukwueze will be better than the first two.

Ndidi is just maturing into his role in last 2 years.

In the next 12 months if Osimhen remains consistent or even marginally improves, he will be our best.

Ndidi ahead for now. The other two in very hot pursuit.

2 Likes

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Nobody: 7:02am On May 10, 2020
Osimen for me is the future just like Dem mpabe is been tipped ahead of Neymar.

Ndidi is good but he is already at his peak now, time is coming when decline will creep in.

I just can't wait to see what osimen peak would be cos that guy is destined for a huge club

Chukweze is good but puts too much effort on dribble and skills instead of result

Osimen is just a direct goal machine

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Isoduwa(m): 7:02am On May 10, 2020
Ronaldo issa face of the world
Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by Jokerman(m): 7:03am On May 10, 2020
Iheanacho is better than all of them.... Just a few setbacks

1 Like

Re: Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? by LZAA: 7:06am On May 10, 2020
Ndidi
Consistent and world class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Messi: Ronaldo Motivates Me To Be Better; I Have A Whatsapp Group With Neymar / Robinho Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison Over Sexual Assault / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.