Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State (14738 Views)

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About South South Minorities. / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Odingo1: 1:32pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are not from here. Allow people here to give you the history law.

Ikwerres migrated from Benin.

If they migrated from Benin, they should be answering Bini names and practicing Bini cultures instead of that of the Igbos.

Ikwerre should invite Bini people to teach them their forgetting Bini language and Bini names.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 10, 2020
NwunneWike:

Thank you my brother....diyelu! Meka o!
Enough of this yoruba meddlesomeness.
You're ikwerre?
Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by sarrki(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2020
Tivdoo:

Do you know where we tiv people migrated from? We migrated from Congo

Even if ikwerres migrated from Bini there are not binis some group of Igbo's migrated from Bini

We are not talking of igbovungu your masquerade here

Port Harcourt is not Igbo city

Ikwere are not igbo simple

Ok tivs are idoma

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by LordShiva97(m): 1:36pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:

Some part of Rivers are Igbos. They can only cease to be Igbos when they stop answering Igbo names and stop practicing Igbo cultures.

Ikwerre language are just a dialect of Igbo language.

If Ikwerre man or Etche that bears Obinna Okwu commit crimes they call on Igbos.

A Delta Ika-Anioma non Igbo Kaduna Nzeogwu staged a coup and kill northern Emirs till today Yorubas and Hausas call it Igbo coup, why didnt they call it Ika or Anioma coup.

Any attempt by any Igbo dialect group to pullout of Igbo nation will be vehemently resisted

Nice points you raised sir, but your last sentence was what really piqued my interest.

Vehement resistance to attempts of Ibo subgroups to forge an ethnic identity that's different from the main Ibo group undermines the idea of self determination that Ibo secessionists have been crying about for decades. Won't it be hypocrisy and lip-service if Ibos that want to break out from Nigeria resist a subgroup that wants to break out from the Ibo ethnic group?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Odingo1: 1:37pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Ok tivs are idoma

Nobody have said that PH is Igbo city
, you dont even understand the argument here. Rivers state in general have Igbo-Etche, Igbo-Eleme, Igbo-Epeyes, Igbo-oyigbos, Ijaw, Okirika.

PH is a city of different tribes which include Igbo-Ikwerre, Ijaw and Okirika people

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by funmijoyb(f): 1:39pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:

If Ikwerre like let them be claiming they are not Igbos but the truth is that they are Igbos, if they are serious that they are from Bini, they should drop their Igbo names and culture and pick up Bini names, nobody will see them as Igbos again. They should speak Bini.
They don't speak Igbo before...

Are itsekiris Yoruba?No, they bear Yoruba names with dialect similar to Yorubas

Are Edo Yorubas? Some of them bear Yoruba names with Yoruba culture

Are Egun Yorubas? No, ..they look Yoruba and bear Yoruba names

Are Ijaws Yorubas? No, in Ondo and Lagos they bear Yoruba names.

Amongst others

You don't have any point...Ikweres should claim they are Igbo if they want, not Igbo claiming them because of access to the sea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 1:39pm On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:

ipob are turning Igbos into a laughing stock, even a minor tribe can come out and bash Igbos the way they like because of ipob

It's you guys that caused it.

You didn't counter them earlier.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by sarrki(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:

, you dont even understand the argument here.

PH is a city of different tribes which include Igbo-Ikwerre, Ijaw and Okirika people

Nothing like Igbo ikwere

Ikwere is ikwere

Igbo is Igbo

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by LordShiva97(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2020
slerry:

don't worry u will know on may 29 when our able leader will declare a sit at home order in remembrance of BIAFRA's fallen Heros.
u will see a total compliance just like previous ones he had declared.
then u will know if rivers is IGBO state or not.

IPOB sit-at-home order being obeyed in a state governed by Nyesom Wike?
Dream on undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Tivdoo(m): 1:40pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Ok tivs are idoma

Ikwerre is part of Igbo that will forever be

Idomas are related to igala and Igbo

Tiv are migrants from Congo and it will be so forever

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Bede2u(m): 1:41pm On May 10, 2020
Lol pazienza i want to engage u because u are reasonable.
Look at this thread and tell me if its filled with insults on igbos by people who claim to be igbo?
How many Rivers people have commented on this thread yet? Do u see our stupidity as a people? We are now telling ourselves that our traditional allies who we have done everything together with hate us more than our traditional enemies that have killed us for their allah many times.
If u ask amarabae or obiekunie how ss hates more than hausa or yoruba they will tell u the same thing ''abandoned property saga''. If it was only abandoned property saga that is our issue with hausa and yoruba, do u really think we would have any issues with them?
The same ss people that bled with us during the war, that has never gone against us. That voted our son last year...they now hate us more than north? Pazienza do u see the kids u are in league with? Do u see how dangerous u are positioning igbos by saying unnessesary things to attract likes?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 1:41pm On May 10, 2020
Odingo1:

, you dont even understand the argument here.

Igbo-ikwerre?
this is becoming embarrassing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 1:42pm On May 10, 2020
Tivdoo:

Ikwerre is part of Igbo that will forever be

Idomas are related to igala and Igbo

Tiv are migrants from Congo and it will be so forever

You guys should leave them

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by NwaAro: 1:43pm On May 10, 2020
sarrki:

Nothing like Igbo ikwere

Ikwere is ikwere

Igbo is Igbo
Ijebu's are not Yorubas
Lagos is a Bini colony
Kwara is a fulani state

Carry your dirty/uneducated self out of here you slag, when Igbos are discussing their internal affairs, we don't need aliens much less unintelligent ones to pollute the discourse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Bede2u(m): 1:44pm On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:
Greetings lovely humans!
This short post is aimed at correcting some misguided and delusional orientation that Igbos have about Rivers state,
As Rivers state indigene born and bred there, though married to a south east state, I am well grounded about the total makeup of the south south state and Igbos should learn.
1, Rivers state is not an Igbo state, it is erroneous to assert that , it is a multi ethnic state comprising of kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerres, Etches, Ogbas, Ekpeyes, Elemes, Ogonis etc
yes the ijoid sub-tribes there affirm a solidarity to Ijaw nation , likewise the ogonid sub-tribes affirm theirs to ogoni nation except for a little denial in eleme but There is NO strong or firm solidarity to the Igbo nation from any rivers tribes, the few little solidarity comes from egbemas in Onelga and we ASA/NDOKIS in Oyigbo, the reason why is because we still have our kit and kin in ukwa west, ukwa east and ohaji egbema LGAs.
The ikwerres, Ogbas,Ekpeyes,Ndonis,Etches Are recognised officially as an independent tribes in Rivers state, and since as a people, they have vehemently denied being Igbos , their decisions must be respected by Igbos,
ikwerres are ikwerres
Ekpeyes are Ekpeyes etc case closed.
2, Port Harcourt is not an Igbo city,
you can't refer pH as an Igbo city just because of the ikwerre factor there when the ikwerres over the years have denied affinity with Igbos,
PH belongs to rivers tribes, case closed and there was no time in history it was officially registered as Igweocha, that was a nickname just like some call it Pitakwa.
3, Rivers state should be counted out of your biafran ipob map because at the mention of that name, many wounds that was sustained during the war gets opened up again,
wake up to reality and stop deceiving yourself, Rivers state government and even Rivers state council of traditional rulers have warned you Igbos yet you irritants don't want to learn. is Alright,
4,The governor nyesom wike is not an Igbo man but Ikwerre man ,he has never claimed Igbo,
he is a bit Igbophobic, go and read about his igbophobic records as obio akpor local government chairman,
this same wike renamed a stadium after yakubu Gowon,. a man whose war actions killed many Igbos yet wike immortalised him ,yet your afara born direction keep deceiving you about wike on radio Biafra, you don't yet want to have sense.
Was it not wike who hosted the oba of Benin and affirmed ikwerres loyalty to his kingdom before him, you know all that yet you are living in denial, its alright!
5, The state is still Igbophpbic,case closed,
you are tolerated, not welcomed and you know that.
even nnamdi KANU knows this,that's why when he was around and was talking about coming to his Biafra capital "igweocha", the guyman parked at oyigbo and never stepped foot in pH, or core rivers area, he knew about the repercussions, let's stop deceiving ourselves
show me one ijaw man supporting Biafra and I will show you 1000 ijaw men who will spit when that name is mentioned, same with the ikwerres and co,
that's a bitter reality
If you have had a first hand experience of Igbophobic outrage from these minorities, you will know that the "Fulanis and Yorubas are learners"
I will stop here ,part 2 is coming.
You have been rejected many times yet you are still stubborn , that means that you have an ulterior plan,
Ipob stop attracting insults to the great Igbo Nations , have some self dignity before them,
The minorities don't need Igbos to survive , the Igbos don't need them to survive, but Ipob is making it look as if they are oxygen to Igbo's.
for me its either we restructure Nigeria or a homogenous Igbo only country ,
ipob should start waking up to reality before it is late.
ndewo nu

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/27/gov-wike-rivers-state-not-part-biafra
majority of the likes u got on this posts are from yorubas and hausas...now they have given u a new title 'the only reasonable ibo here' lol...i hope u use that title to become rich. We dont have to worry about hausa, yoruba or ss or even ipob doing damage to igbos...people like u will destroy us from the inside just fine.

Gidgiddy pazienza

9 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by NwaAro: 1:44pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

You guys should leave them

Add Akoko-Edo's and Ilorin as well, they are not pure Yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 1:46pm On May 10, 2020
Bede2u:
majority of the likes u got on this posts are from yorubas and hausas...now they have given u a new title 'the only reasonable ibo here' lol...i hope u use that title to become rich. We dont have to worry about hausa, yoruba or ss or even ipob doing damage to igbos...people like u will destroy us from the inside just fine.

Gidgiddy pazienza

Guy, she's only telling you the truth

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 1:46pm On May 10, 2020
NwaAro:

Add Akoko-Edo's and Ilorin as well, they are not pure Yorubas.

Do you see Yorubas dragging them along??

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Odingo1: 1:47pm On May 10, 2020
funmijoyb:

They don't speak Igbo before...

Amongst others

You don't have any point...Ikweres should claim they are Igbo if they want, not Igbo claiming them because of access to the sea.

Know you that Egun, Itsekiri and Ilaje language is entirely different from Yoruba language. Somebody that speak Egun or Itsekiri cannot have a conversation with a yoruba man because they cannot hear each other but Ikwerre and Igbo person from south eastern Nigeria will discuss with each other fluently.

Also point of correction, the names that you refer to as yoruba names are actually Bini names because Bini people colonized yoruba land for long time and transfered some Bini names to Yoruba like Oba(king), Eko(Lagos), Ola etc.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Bede2u(m): 1:47pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Guy, she's only telling you the truth

sure. I trust u will have a field day on this thread

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Yahman1(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2020
Must ibos always try to Force other southern minority tribes as theirs, shows how they intend to run their Biafra when Actualized

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 1:48pm On May 10, 2020
Bede2u:
Lol pazienza i want to engage u because u are reasonable.
Look at this thread and tell me if its filled with insults on igbos by people who claim to be igbo?
How many Rivers people have commented on this thread yet? Do u see our stupidity as a people? We are now telling ourselves that our traditional allies who we have done everything together with hate us more than our traditional enemies that have killed us for their allah many times.
If u ask amarabae or obiekunie how ss hates more than hausa or yoruba they will tell u the same thing ''abandoned property saga''. If it was only abandoned property saga that is our issue with hausa and yoruba, do u really think we would have any issues with them?
The same ss people that bled with us during the war, that has never gone against us. That voted our son last year...they now hate us more than north? Pazienza do u see the kids u are in league with? Do u see how dangerous u are positioning igbos by saying unnessesary things to attract likes?
an ipob emotional outbursts as usual.
1, which SS bled with you during the war, ? the same SS that demanded for CRS and Rivers state just to be free from Igbos before the war,
the same SS that opened up borders for Nigeria forces and accepted one Nigeria,
consoling your battered emotions with lies,
2, South south voted for atiku,.
peter obi was not the presidential candidate.
my happiness is that we are waking many Igbos up to the stupidities of IPOB

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 1:50pm On May 10, 2020
Bede2u:
sure. I trust u will have a field day on this thread

You're funny.
I'm only telling you the truth..

Igala, Itshekiri they are sub of Yoruba in another states, do you see Yorubas dragging them along??

You guys should just learn..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Bede2u(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:

an ipob emotional outbursts as usual.
1, which SS bled with you during the war, ? the same SS that demanded for CRS and Rivers state just to be free from Igbos before the war,
the same SS that opened up borders for Nigeria forces and accepted one Nigeria,
consoling your battered emotions with lies,
2, South south voted for atiku,.
peter obi was not the presidential candidate.
my happiness is that we are waking many Igbos up to the stupidities of IPOB
we dont have enough enemies in nigeria...add ss to it. Im emotional after all. At the end of the day, a damage to igbo is a damage to not only me but u.

Pazienza is this what u want? I need to know so i can add u to a certain list of mine
As for u amarabae...our conversation ends here. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Bede2u(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

You're funny.
I'm only telling you the truth..

Igala, Itshekiri they are sub of Yoruba in another states, do you see Yorubas dragging them along??

You guys should just learn..

learn from yorubas abi?
Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 1:52pm On May 10, 2020
Bede2u:

Gidgiddy pazienza
sorry am too exposed and refined to fall for your emotional blackmail.
We are correcting the damages being done on the image of Ndigbo by the brainwashed worshippers of ipob god nnamdi KANU.
Rivers state is not an Igbo state.
PH is not an Igbo city

case closed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by NwaAro: 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

Do you see Yorubas dragging them along??
We are on the same page, I don't stand alone in calling out the shameless ipob idiots that disgrace us by including Ikwerre and other South South minorities into Biafra, I'm glad other Igbos are waking up now. The only few Igbo speakers from the South South that will be part of the Igbo nation are the Anioma in Delta state (if they choose to), and the Ndoki/Asa and Egbema in Rivers who will reconnect with their kith and kin in Imo and Abia states respectively. The rest can unequivocally just go with their wahala.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by hammerP: 1:54pm On May 10, 2020
Y BE SAY NA YORUBA PACK FULL THIS THREAD THEY CELEBRATE.

NO AMOUNT OF INTIMEDATION FROM PRO NIGERIANS LIKE AMARABAE WILL STOP IPOB MATCH TO FREEDOM.

WE CAME WITH THE SS TO NIGERIA, WE THE IGBOS WILL EXIT NIGERIA WITH IJAWS, IBIBIOS, EFIK, ISOKO, ESAN, BINI, IDOMA, IGALA, TIV, JUNKUN AND THAT SETTLES IT.

IPOB WILL UNITE ALL BIAFRAN TRIBES.

IPOB HAVE NEVER SET A GOAL AND FAIL.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Adegboruwa To Buhari: Suspend Arotile's Burial Until Investigation Is Concluded / AFDB Presidency: Buhari, Jonathan, Lawan, Sanwo-olu Congratulate Adesina / Unpaid Salaries: Bayelsa Workers Turn To Begging For Survival - Punch

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.