Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,442 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State (15929 Views)

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About South South Minorities. / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Dikebuka: 11:56am On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Couldn't add less.

They allow people like Xanderboy85, cjrane , Ubiased continue to deceive them online both on Facebook and on nairaland.

Reality us far from most of these Ipob people.

Kanu has sapped the whole human anatomy in their brain that what is remaining there is just an empty skull.

When I score 487 for admission into Federal Sec school
The cutoff for FGC okigwe was 479 (highest cutoff den)
The cutoff for FGC Sokoto ( 387).

Was it Nnamdi Kanu that did that one too

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by SlyCharlie(m): 11:56am On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:

they are not confused, the confused people here are Igbos who don't want to leave this people alone
Your write up clearly shows the confusion.

Also, claiming Wike Changed the Name of a Federally Owned stadium,just to prove a point is below the belt.
Liberation Stadium was Built by the FG prior to Nigeria '99.

They reserve the right to name it as they please.
You don't have to lie to prove your point.
Edit: I was wrong

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by NwaAro: 11:56am On May 10, 2020
Valid points Amarabae, and please ignore the ignorant breed of Ipob idiots trying to institute their stupidity on these thread.

Personally as a proud Aro boy, I want and envisage an Igbo undiluted in the purity of its Igbo homogeneity and values. But let me posit two questions to you.

1. Where do you stand ethnic identity wise as an Asa girl, are you Igbo or not?

2. What do we do with the Ikwerre and others for example with Igbo names etc who commit all sorts of crimes, but are then tagged Igbos? do we have to keep paying for the sins of people with all the semblance of our culture yet don't identify with us? Major Nzeogwu some might claim wasn't an Igbo man, yet he masterminded a coup that Igbos suffered for, and are still suffering for till date. How do we address these issues? Cause I'm not going to let some people use Igbos to hide their crimes but deny been part of us, yet turn around when it suits them to claim "Anyi bu Ndi Igbo"

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 11:57am On May 10, 2020
Dikebuka:

Who is talking about Rivers state hia as igbo state.

What am saying is that there are igbos in the state and they must be given the chance to choose..its a very simple issue..

I asked a simple question what is the ideal name for port harcourt city
chance to choose what?
continue living in ignorance.
the ideal name for pH is Port Harcourt.
case closed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by ludd2018: 11:58am On May 10, 2020
Igbos don't claim river state but River state is Biafra from time immemorial. River state was a creation of Hausa fulanis after the war . There are Igbos in River state and when Biafra comes we 'll go with our cousins in so called River state . Note the original name for Port Harcourt is Igweocha an Igbo name.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:58am On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:
Greetings lovely humans!
This short post is aimed at correcting some misguided and delusional orientation that Igbos have about Rivers state,
As Rivers state indigene born and bred there, though married to a south east state, I am well grounded about the total makeup of the south south state and Igbos should learn.
1, Rivers state is not an Igbo state, it is erroneous to assert that , it is a multi ethnic state comprising of kalabaris, okrikas, ikwerres, Etches, Ogbas, Ekpeyes, Elemes, Ogonis etc
yes the ijoid sub-tribes there affirm a solidarity to Ijaw nation , likewise the ogonid sub-tribes affirm theirs to ogoni nation except for a little denial in eleme but There is NO strong or firm solidarity to the Igbo nation from any rivers tribes, the few little solidarity comes from egbemas in Onelga and we ASA/NDOKIS in Oyigbo, the reason why is because we still have our kit and kin in ukwa west, ukwa east and ohaji egbema LGAs.
The ikwerres, Ogbas,Ekpeyes,Ndonis,Etches Are recognised officially as an independent tribes in Rivers state, and since as a people, they have vehemently denied being Igbos , their decisions must be respected by Igbos,
ikwerres are ikwerres
Ekpeyes are Ekpeyes etc case closed.
2, Port Harcourt is not an Igbo city,
you can't refer pH as an Igbo city just because of the ikwerre factor there when the ikwerres over the years have denied affinity with Igbos,
PH belongs to rivers tribes, case closed and there was no time in history it was officially registered as Igweocha, that was a nickname just like some call it Pitakwa.
3, Rivers state should be counted out of your biafran ipob map because at the mention of that name, many wounds that was sustained during the war gets opened up again,
wake up to reality and stop deceiving yourself, Rivers state government and even Rivers state council of traditional rulers have warned you Igbos yet you irritants don't want to learn. is Alright,
4,The governor nyesom wike is not an Igbo man but Ikwerre man ,he has never claimed Igbo,
he is a bit Igbophobic, go and read about his igbophobic records as obio akpor local government chairman,
this same wike renamed a stadium after yakubu Gowon,. a man whose war actions killed many Igbos yet wike immortalised him ,yet your afara born direction keep deceiving you about wike on radio Biafra, you don't yet want to have sense.
Was it not wike who hosted the oba of Benin and affirmed ikwerres loyalty to his kingdom before him, you know all that yet you are living in denial, its alright!
5, The state is still Igbophpbic,case closed,
you are tolerated, not welcomed and you know that.
even nnamdi KANU knows this,that's why when he was around and was talking about coming to his Biafra capital "igweocha", the guyman parked at oyigbo and never stepped foot in pH, or core rivers area, he knew about the repercussions, let's stop deceiving ourselves
show me one ijaw man supporting Biafra and I will show you 1000 ijaw men who will spit when that name is mentioned, same with the ikwerres and co,
that's a bitter reality
If you have had a first hand experience of Igbophobic outrage from these minorities, you will know that the "Fulanis and Yorubas are learners"
I will stop here ,part 2 is coming.
You have been rejected many times yet you are still stubborn , that means that you have an ulterior plan,
Ipob stop attracting insults to the great Igbo Nations , have some self dignity before them,
The minorities don't need Igbos to survive , the Igbos don't need them to survive, but Ipob is making it look as if they are oxygen to Igbo's.
for me its either we restructure Nigeria or a homogenous Igbo only country ,
ipob should start waking up to reality before it is late.
ndewo nu

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/27/gov-wike-rivers-state-not-part-biafra
Quoting from sahara
By someone who don’t know his village
Neither do his village know him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 11:58am On May 10, 2020
Dikebuka:

Who is talking about Rivers state hia as igbo state.

What am saying is that there are igbos in the state and they must be given the chance to choose..its a very simple issue..

I asked a simple question what is the ideal name for port harcourt city

There are no Igbos in the state unless you can prove it.

All of them today are their own ethnic group/nationality.

You are really far from seated reality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Justice35: 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
Sammy07:

she's from Rivers but married to an Igbo man.

This is not her 100th of saying this..
Because she doesn't thinks like you guys makes her Afonja?

Even, Okoroawusa, is also one of the Igbo guys here that speaks the truth.
yea to afonjaz like you any body that attack kanu speaks the Truth....I didn't say she is Yoruba.... I was trying to correct your mistake of calling her Igbo,she is a Niger deltan,that she is married to an Igbo man doesn't make her Igbo.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sunshineg5(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
Oriaku shocked Amarabae one of Nairaland

The number one feminist Nurse of Nairaland that year.

How is your baby boy? grin

Amarachi claiming not to be igbo, Chai!

Anyways, some people bearing Orishagbemi, Ayo, Femi also claim they are not Yorubas from Delta state, they say they are Isekiris but when push comes to shove quickly remember their ancestors are from Ijebu land

It's all the politics of Oil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by NwunneWike: 12:00pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You should be ashamed of yourself for claiming another man's land.

Tell them there that Ahoada is biafra, let them beat you back to your father's compound in east.

Biafra flag dey front of former Ecobank building for Elele round about, e dey igwuruta, e dey obiakpor, carry your yoruba tribal mark go commot am, make dem carve you ugly face like oduduwa tribal marks. Dirty things.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Tivdoo(m): 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

In their history as at today, Igbo is not seem there.

So what's the fuss now trying to extrapolate igbo to them by force.

History speaks about past events not present , and history can't be distroyed they will always be traced to Igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Dikebuka: 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:

chance to choose what?
continue living in ignorance.
the ideal name for pH is Port Harcourt.
case closed

Haha...wonders shall never end hia.
So the area did not start to be till Harcourt White came down from his boat abi canoe to do business

People self....

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 10, 2020
obiekunie2:
The thing is, Nnamdi is just doing his thing - i understand where he is coming from.

but fact is - If Ndi Igbo truly want biafra, it wount be thru childish style of Nnamdi.

The day Ndi Igbo decides that they really want out of this contraption, believe me we know where to start and we will get it in under 3 years.

many will doubt this assertion but it doesn't matter.

Fact is, we are still part of Nigeria because we still want to remain a part of Nigeria - but if after 2023 there is no improvement either by restructuring or by putting some sanity in areas of justice, equity and fairness, then Ndi Igbo will make a decision on our stay as Nigerian.

Then after that we will decided on what to do with enemies surrounding us.

Kanu is the most foolish igbo man ever known in Igbo history.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by donb06: 12:02pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

They have to learn the lesson the hard way.

I don't think I have any business with you.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
Dikebuka:

When I score 487 for admission into Federal Sec school The cutoff for FGC okigwe was 479 (highest cutoff den) The cutoff for FGC Sokoto ( 387).
Was it Nnamdi Kanu that did that one too

Fiction is better not replied. So I rather not waste my time on this.
Gets facts well before duplicating numbers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Sammy07: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
Justice35:
yea to afonjaz like you any body that attack kanu speaks the Truth....I didn't say she is Yoruba.... I was trying to correct your mistake of calling her Igbo,she is a Niger deltan,that she is married to an Igbo man doesn't make her Igbo.

Lolzzz, I've seen the reason why Ojokwu wife wasn't voted for In senatorial elections

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Islamist: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Dikebuka: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

There are no Igbos in the state unless you can prove it.

All of them today are their own ethnic group/nationality.

You are really far from seated reality.

How was Oyigbo and part of Egbema created of not because of hydrocarbon

But God is very marvelous..today ita no longer hidden that the whole of the new region have the same thing though in various form

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Top1gun: 12:03pm On May 10, 2020
You can tell this to North Ireland n the UK.
Tivdoo:

Belonging to an ethic group or not is not something of choice, the ikweres might claim not to be Igbo's by choice, but they can't change history, the name Igbo will always be attached to ikwerre , ekpeye , ika ,anioma
Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Couldn't add less.

They allow people like Xanderboy85, cjrane2 , Ubiased1 and host plus millions of others to continue to deceive them online both on Facebook and on nairaland.

Reality us far from most of these Ipob people.

Kanu has sapped the whole human anatomy in their brain that what is remaining there is just an empty skull.

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 10, 2020
Amarabae:
its terrible and frightening.

Very terrible set of children.
No home training let alone history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Tivdoo(m): 12:05pm On May 10, 2020
Top1gun:
You can tell this to North Ireland n the UK.

Explain further
Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Dikebuka: 12:05pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Fiction is better not replied. So I rather not waste my time on this.

Gets facts well before duplicating numbers.

Go and check d federal cutoff for the year 2005
I dnt need to argue with u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 12:05pm On May 10, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Kanu is the most foolish igbo man ever known in Igbo history.
gbam.
he is doing a great damage to Igbo nation but his brainwashed followers don't want to learn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 10, 2020
Justice35:
oga can you just shut your trap for once Please you are irritating.

Nonsense.

People from the underlisted states are fond of claiming other people's state by creating new moniker.

Inferiority complex is their second name.

Are you one of them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 10, 2020
gidgiddy:

One thing that is troubling about Rivers state is that the Ijaws and the Ogonis all take Ikwerres, Etches, Omuma and all the indigenous Igbo speaking people of Rivers to be Igbo. I remember an interview Asari Dokubo granted where he said Rivers state has only three indigenous tribes, Ijaws, Ogoni's and Igbos.

For me, its no longer about who denies Igbo or not, its all about who wants to leave Nigeria as an independent country and thats what referendum should decide.

Did they tell you they want to leave?

Why are you forcing them to leave?

Igbo are not known to be dictatorial, so your character is totally alien to Ndigbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 10, 2020
Dikebuka:

Go and check d federal cutoff for the year 2005 I dnt need to argue with u
I said fiction is best not replied.
bring real numbers up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State by Amarabae(f): 12:08pm On May 10, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Ahh shocked

Grown ass man

See a grown ass man, you quickly launched a new moniker today to attack a woman on a faceless forum. You can't face her with your previous moniker.

Your own worst past Ojukwu and Kanu fa, at least it took a while before those ones dressed like a prostitute to escape from the mess they have caused..
lol and he was even falsely claiming ahoada west on top

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How Government Officials Facilitated $1.2bn Crude Oil, Gas Theft – Vanguard / Lagos Smart City Initiative: Sanwo-olu Visits Lagos Data Bank / Fuel Scarcity: Buhari To Hold Secrete Talks With Petrol Importers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.