Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80259 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by abbey621(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2020
For your own sanity, send her packing, you might love her to death but if you don't start being proactive she'll be the death of you. You can try the usual B.S. of counseling, being mr.nice, prayer etc but until she sees that you have nothing to lose, she's going to continue to hold you ransom. I'm surprised she hasn't started twisting your clothes and preventing you from going out, brother better believe she has already shared your story with her friends and family members, send her packing and watch the reaction, if her family calls for a discussion then there's still hope, if they ignore you then at least you know where her nagging and sudden need for extravagance was coming from. for a woman you feed and shelther to have the guts to question your income or hardwork is simply unacceptable, many men are content to have their women struggle while they enjoy drinks and girlfriends but you my friend, you work hard, you take care of your family yet she demands more? THUNDER FIRE HER WEAVE ON.... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Abdogood(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2020
Irony of life.

People wey never marry or even smell marriage go come and be advising married people. All these online unmarried marriage counselors.

Just wait until u get married u go understand that all fingers are not equal. What works for Mr A can't work for Mr B.

@Op.

While I don't support beating any woman, there are exceptions when a woman even man too self needs that factory resetting spanking. No apologies.

It is needed just once in a life time. She go adjust accordingly.

If she wants to live beyond her means. Let her go and hustle tooo. Don't kill urself bros. If you do, one useless idiot is on standby to take over.

If you get do for her, if no get. Lockup.

My opinion anyway.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Dybala11(m): 9:45pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

You're already getting worked up sir please deal with your anger issues
Stop been biased ma'am, have you forgotten to criticise his wife's habit of nagging ans shouting at him. Even kids get angry when they are been shouted at, not to even talk of adults.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Poorboy: 9:48pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
what exactly does 100+k mean, below 150k or almost 200k??

The op seems like a mediocre man to me. He doesn't want to advance further. If his wife doesn't push him to hustle, who else will.

Please what is wrong with a flamboyant lifestyle? Does her husband have two heads. Let him go and make money so that she can be proud of him
go and look for money, leave story no man in this life owes you anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by nini007(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2020
At this stage of flamboyancy, only God can redeem her ooo.

Just don't allow her to kill you, that's my concern.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2020
People saying he wouldn't have best his wife..spoil the rod and spoil the child...this attitude is childish and the husband whom is older than her corrected her via punishment..op for obeying the bible u will make heaven imagine if she had gone astray and fell into the hands of ritualist and used for money all in d name of Yahoo op please try to use a belt next time it will respect her brain nonsense his her dad not someones husband he should go and do Yahoo. I.met a guy of over 60 who does it
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 9:50pm On May 20, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
what exactly does 100+k mean, below 150k or almost 200k??

The op seems like a mediocre man to me. He doesn't want to advance further. If his wife doesn't push him to hustle, who else will.

Please what is wrong with a flamboyant lifestyle? Does her husband have two heads. Let him go and make money so that she can be proud of him
what did ur father give to ur mum I guess a yacht

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Omonigeriarere: 9:51pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Thanks a lot, she's asleep now.....I sincerely appreciate.

Unless your story is cooked up, you owe her no apology my friend.

If she feels remorse, forgive. If not, silence is the best answer to 80% of what is happening in your household right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by nahzyla: 9:51pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
go and look for money, leave story no man in this life owes you anything.

Neither do women owe you anything
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2020
Omonigeriarere:

Unless your story is cooked up, you owe her no apology my friend.

If she feels remorse, forgive. If not, silence is the best answer to 80% of what is happening in your household right now.
d tin weak me...I can never apologise if my wife does this..I will just be stylishly collecting sex from amaka and clean mouth when I am going back home
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Poorboy: 9:54pm On May 20, 2020
nahzyla:

no man feels entitled to a woman, no man owes you. Look for what to do.

Sell rat poison if you don't have what to do

I repeat no man owes you money even in marriage.

Women are Doctor's, Nurses, lawyers, Engineers helping their husbands and living their life.

No man owes any woman

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 9:55pm On May 20, 2020
nahzyla:

did the man complain of money.in India women provide for their men..na them they do marriage and pay bride price...sex is overrated apart from sex u girls have nothing to offer and dats d plain truth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by JohnOkolo: 9:55pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:
Mr cautioner, hope you don't continue this way, if your wife can't tell you to go out and hustle I wonder who can encourage you in this life

He should kill himself or work towarda success. I don't understand what people believe when they use the word hustle. No one hustle in life and come out sane, you work towards what you want to achieve.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by emusmithyy(m): 9:56pm On May 20, 2020
LegitGirl:

You’re not a serious person. You’re not the talking type... what are you then, the beating type?

Nonsense and ingredients! Coward!

That's all you saw in the whole thread.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 9:56pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
no man feels entitled to a woman, no man owes you. Look for what to do.

Sell rat poison if you don't have what to do

I repeat no man owes you money even in marriage.

Women are Doctor's, Nurses, lawyers, Engineers helping their husbands and living their life.

No man owes any woman
the thing weak me .d president of Germany and Bolivia are women...I wish I could date a Yahoo girl..I go just sit down for house they cash out everyday see enjoyment then offer her sex finish nothing more

6 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by karkinase(m): 9:57pm On May 20, 2020
History555:
Op, my wife tried such stunt with me, that see emeka is rich, he flies to and fro with his wife and kids.
i told her neva to repeat such nonsense to my ears. That the next time she does so i will kick her out of my house so that she can go and marry emeka.
Secondly i told her to go and work for her money that she's a liability and i hate liabilities. Afterall there are millions of women working abi she get she fine pass them.
But trust women she repeated it again and i gave it back to her that chika is a woman like her yet is working, earning money and not a liability she should go and find work.
This is a woman i hve never asked for a dime during dating and being married. Since then she has not tried it.
Op, in marriage dont take nonsense from your wife, taking and swallowing insult is not a sign of maturity but mumurity.
Another example during an argument my wife said she regrets getting married to me, i replied i regret marrying her too. Should we file for divorce she kept quiet.
Ooooop man up you are the king in the marriage not your wife. No time 4 nonsense
you are not a preacher of love ...u are war..grin

3 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by JohnOkolo: 9:58pm On May 20, 2020
nahzyla:

If you were never ready to build and worj towards the lifestyle you want. Madam you should never think about getting married cause you cannot tell a Man you don't owe him, he got married to you for both of you to make a family and work towards it and stoo thinking anyone come to earth to bring pleasure and meet all your needs.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Poorboy: 10:00pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
the thing weak me .d president of Germany and Bolivia are women...I wish I could date a Yahoo girl..I go just sit down for house they cash out everyday see enjoyment then offer her sex finish nothing more
my brother wise up ooo, people wey get working class lady no get two head....

I don't do hungry ladies

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by michaelponle(m): 10:01pm On May 20, 2020
I can feel your pain, had something similar recently, thankGod I did not do it.
You know her better, do what will make her calm then talk sense into her, she is under pressure to get wat her peers are getting.
Be at the top of your game and control the situation, if need be apologize.
Sit her down tell her to bring ideas or suggestions how you guys can make more money, what you both can do. You will be suprised.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by JohnOkolo: 10:02pm On May 20, 2020
karkinase:

you are not a preacher of love ...u are war..grin

Bleep love and stick to what works. Don't allow yourself to go through emotional, psycological trauma cause once you can't put a hold in your marriage you will see shit you may think you can take but will be force to do the unthinkable.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by TruthHurts100: 10:03pm On May 20, 2020
She has joined a bad gang of some useless women. Guy, leave the house for the next three months
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by osazsky(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
my brother wise up ooo, people wey get working class lady no get two head....

I don't do hungry ladies
it was a reply to that foolish lady..my wife is a reputable caterer in Benin...I day crase way I go marry liability guys don outgrow that shit..it was very common in d 90s then not this our generation God forbid

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by karkinase(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2020
tunize:
Negative effect of social media to be precise instagram. chai if u don't have sense run from I.g cos that tin go make u believe sey everybody na billionaire
you see that Instagram ehn...it has done more harm than good..

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by KoolBigk(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2020
This cracked me up! you gave her "abara gbigbona " & called that a caution, na wa oo!

Meanwhile, you need to man up, go apologies to her & after normalcy has being restored, sit her down & explain why the extravagant life she's longing for can't be met currently.

Let her know everything you doing is for the betterment of the family. What I see here is lack of communications between you two. It would do you lotta good if you can set up a business for her as well.

PS : Take your family out occasionally, to give her a treat.
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by gotnel: 10:04pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap

I believe a woman can not be satisfied with money.
The only language women understand is more money and more money.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Poorboy: 10:05pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
it was a reply to that foolish lady..my wife is a reputable caterer in Benin...I day crase way I go marry liability guys don outgrow that shit..it was very common in d 90s then not this our generation God forbid
correct man
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by tunize(m): 10:05pm On May 20, 2020
karkinase:

you see that Instagram ehn...it has done more harm than good..
My brother i'm telling you and some ppl are just so dumb believing everything they see out there me why they are even bttr the the people they're tryn to emulate
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 20, 2020
osazsky:
what did ur father give to ur mum I guess a yacht
Actually, a mansion, two cars, yearly trips abroad for vacation.

That's just the stuff i know of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by jaxxy(m): 10:06pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?

U must never listen to a woman when she is ridiculous and yes sm if them(l won’t say most yet) loose their minds and morals over peer and societal pressures, the urge to impress at all cost. It is very wrong. She wants to enjoy the good life without working or planning for it. How??

She now seeks to frustrate u to doing the unthinkable Bt if u are a real man to u tell her to shut the Bleep up. Also let her know u have such good plans Bt if will for the right process and will get there soon. Never let a woman put u under pressure to do the unthinkable or ridiculous For a quick taste of good things in a totally wrong way. If she’s in a hurry let her put heads together with u to see how the family can grow by legal means instead of doing nothing and complaining like a complete ingrate.

U will regret it and still loose ur masculinity trying to impress sm1 who has chosen to be foolish.

Keep working on urself and have a plan for a better life.

Women Like ur wife I completely ignore their temporary urges and ridiculousness and run my race aslong as I’m following my good plan. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Emmanuelhector(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2020
meetme01:
You don F-up. Raising your hands on any woman talkless your wife has degraded you. That's the bitter truth.

Back to the main issue. Your wife needs your unreserved apology. You need remorseful which is through your attitude. Let her know you are deeply sorry.

To her, is she not working? Why have you refused to set her up in a biz? One problem I have realized in today's marriage is, finance. It's really creating a lot of issues in most marriage. As a man, if you earn from three sources, declare only two. Let her know how the money is spent to the last kobo. That was the initial problem, you need to fix that part asap
you sounds and started more like a clown.. I guess you are not married and knows only the romance part of marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by justuschi50: 10:08pm On May 20, 2020
Marriage issue in Nigeria is increasing daily and it surprises me

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Mummy Calm Down: Oreofeoluwa Becomes Estate Ambassador In Abuja (PHOTOS) / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / First Families Of The World.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.