Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes (80361 Views)

My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! / She Is Pushing Me , My Wife Called Me A Vegetable - Read My Story / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by emmaodet: 9:19pm On May 20, 2020
stormborn28:
thanks for the advice... I must prepare like the Spartans

uwc bro
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

I have never thought of raising my hands on any woman let alone my wife.....

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
You should worry yourself with who she is seeing. There is a bad friend on the other side of the fence

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Gbengarzola555(m): 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
this is very serious o,you just need more patient from her,or maybe she's following some friend who are influencing her to be thinking and behaving this way. BETTER STILL PRAYER MATTER A LOT SIR
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Lovelypet28: 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
Aunty doesn't know the efficacy of prayers for a husband.
I would advise her to draw closer to God he can do all things.
She should fast for 3 days and have just 1 prayer request, and see what God will do, just one.
I deleted instagram a long time cause its unrealistic, I and my husband fight because of finances sometimes but then I give myself brain and think.
Tough times dont last, tough people do.
PRAYER WORKS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ejimatic: 9:20pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:
It's no longer a story that pastors divorce their partners, imams divorce their partners, highly educated people do same and even the so called marriage counsellors are not left out in the order of the day and it has always been a thing of worry for me with the thought that they never loved each other before marriage but getting married has changed my thinking and has made me realised that marriage only takes the grace of God to work out.

I have been married for 3 years with 1 beautiful daughter with a loving wife (maybe before and some years into the marriage). I have always believed that I cannever raise my hand on my woman since my father never did such but I find it hard to believe I did the unimaginable today although It wasn't intentional.

It was due to annoyance after she asked me to stop sitting at home and go work for more money like other men even though I am a federal worker with above 100k monthly income and still do personal work as a civil engineer apart from the federal job despite the lockdown.....

It really got me aggravated because I have been the one fending for the family and the kid for the past 3 years and never asked for a kobo from her.....

Although I have noticed the urge for very flamboyant life style in her lately and has even asked me to get more money at any means, that money is everything in this life even though I have tried telling her its a gradual process, she still doesn't listen and even asked me to raise money for her to travel out of Nigeria.

Please how do I change her sudden mentality towards this sudden extravagant life style because I pray it doesn't lead to something else since I can't do illegal things to acquire the type of wealth she dreams of?
. I see your wife as a person who is being controlled by her friends.Who are her friends? When a woman is influenced by her friends she behaves insatiably to her husband. Ask her what she wants and tell her what you can do within your power and the need for her to cooperate with you.Never ever give her money to travel abroad as she will abandon you for life...Additionally job is hard to find now.So maintain your good job and supporting undertakings too .Do not be stampeded into taking any wrong decision by a woman who appears to be disgruntled and inappreciative of what she has under the influence of bad association.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by nedekid: 9:22pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type
Oga you did nothing wrong. But don't let it continue. In every early marriage such could happen to set boundaries but it should not happen again.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by ct2: 9:22pm On May 20, 2020
HarunaWest:
Sorry to say but if I were in your shoes, that slap will land on her cheeks.
I hate when people don't appreciate someone's efforts.
If she want to live flamboyantly, then she should learn to make her own money. I won't take an insult on my person from someone that isnt contributing to my development.
Don't apologize for slapping her, just lock up. You are the man of the house not the other way round.
However, if she doesn't deem it fit to apologize to you, just dey look am.
If you dare apologize, you will kuku loose the remaining small respect that she has for you cos from look of things that woman has been brainwashed by material stuff. Cheers
best advice so far, if you steal and you get caught you land in jail. Another man will Bleep her, they are all like that.
Any man that thinks his wife loves him his a fool.
Test her by not providing for 2months and see the real Devil you married.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by nedekid: 9:22pm On May 20, 2020
ejimatic:
. I see your wife as a person who is being controlled by her friends.Who are her friends? When a woman is influenced by her friends she behaves insatiably to her husband. Ask her what she wants and tell her what you can do within your power and the need for her to cooperate with you.Never ever give her money to travel abroad as she will abandon you for life...Additionally job is hard to find now.So maintain your good job and supporting undertakings too .Do not be stampeded into taking any wrong decision by a woman who appears to be disgruntled and inappreciative of what she has under the influence of bad association.
Seconded!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Tecord1(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2020
It so funny how people who are not yet married contributes to issues like this when they have not experienced a fraction of what OP is talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Roon9(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

It was just a slap at her back.....just to caution her because I am not the talking type

No b everybody sabi talk o. I understand u OP

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 20, 2020
xavier047:

Guess you did not read the full info.
Once you are done reading, please respond to the OP with advice on how to help his marriage and if you don't have anything to say, kindly use your data for something you can wrap your head on.
Why don't you wrap your deek on this one, loser?
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Shinny1: 9:24pm On May 20, 2020
Naija246:
mumu, I for use plank break your head if you said this near me angry
Spineless man!
Mr man stop seeking attention by trying to be savage you would have made your point without calling someone names
Mr man try and think twice next time before you talk
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by obataokenwa(m): 9:25pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Exactly what I want to avoid, but I will talk the talk with her tomorrow..... Much gratitude brother
Your wife is abt to derail and if she does and sleep someone, your life is finished...right now is better you stay Abit quiet and watch her more and don't talk much or engage matters with her. She's giving place to the devil and it's matter of time before she fall final.

If she finally start cheating, make sure u obey Jesus and put her away or else you're finished as a man. Her unclothedness is your glory so if she share it, you're gone except you put her away immediately...do more of private prayer now

4 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

She tends to be the best wife and mum if their is money but changes once its the opposite even her mum noticed her mood during this lockdown period.
Why don't you do some background check on her esp if she has new friends taking her to party and all that recently.
Perhaps someone is promising her heaven and earth. Be careful sha.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by chinchonglee(m): 9:26pm On May 20, 2020
wany:

You only beat because you feel you are stronger,but be careful many are not alive to tell stories.watch your ego you are warned. undecided
Not because am stronger but because she deserves thr beating for being so stupid...

Oh!!! I forgot to add she also deserves divorce!

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by HarunaWest(m): 9:27pm On May 20, 2020
ct2:
best advice so far, if you steal and you get caught you land in jail. Another man will Bleep her, they are all like that.
Any man that thinks his wife loves him his a fool.
Test her by not providing for 2months and see the real Devil you married.
Abi oo the way i see some dudes messing up all in the name of marriage ehn its annoying. They will go and Marry a woman that they brings nothing to the table but na she go dey dictate affairs for the house. What nonsens angry
So na me my mama born as slave.
Its high time women learnt this is Africa and not Europe. If the man provides the basic food, shelter and clothings, you must respect him, there's no two ways, no compromise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by BlackFlamefromP: 9:27pm On May 20, 2020
Oga if you beat your wife because she provoked you beyond endurance it's okay. You don't have to feel sorry for it. It has not degraded you in any way. We overpamper women too much in this generation and it only end up corrupting them.

Anyway, she has to feel sorry for her nasty and provocative behavior first and apologize to you. Once she do that you can then apologize to her for beating her. That's how it should be.

Moreover, if she is not happy and contented with your current financial condition and she doesn't want to go and work she can quit the marriage before she force you to commit crime.

Men of this generation give too power to women due to sentiment and ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by OlawaleBammie: 9:28pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

It's good know that you work but if you're generous with her and your kid she won't insist that you should hustle for more. I don't want to believe that she's a wicked person as you paint her to be. It's because you're not giving enough and she's probably finding it hard to continue keeping quiet. Most women want their husbands around the house not outdoors all the time unless he's not doing enough financially. Let her also work to cater for her needs too but if you're the stingy type also try adjusting. Stop cautioning with your hands, she's not a Goat

Seems some are moving around with a goat brain, insensitive set of humans, very disgusting and irritating with irrational thoughts an so on.

Am not referring to u oo.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by OlawaleBammie: 9:30pm On May 20, 2020
howmarket2:
please I want to advocate something. the type of women we have in our generation isnt the marriage type of women.cant we men also develop. and do as the do, for example once ur wife ask you to over work ur self.u move her out of ur house.or we shouldn't even get married again. just get children.this news about women is too much.well thank God I dont have a gf for now.i ll never open my heart to love again.

Lol, funny
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by tunize(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2020
Negative effect of social media to be precise instagram. chai if u don't have sense run from I.g cos that tin go make u believe sey everybody na billionaire
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by lereinter(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2020
You married an Aristo

If she's not comfortable with what you are giving, let her leave you or you leave her

Let her go marry otedola son

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by victorazyvictor(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

She is fvckin another man.

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 20, 2020
travelland:

It's good know that you work but if you're generous with her and your kid she won't insist that you should hustle for more. I don't want to believe that she's a wicked person as you paint her to be. It's because you're not giving enough and she's probably finding it hard to continue keeping quiet. Most women want their husbands around the house not outdoors all the time unless he's not doing enough financially. Let her also work to cater for her needs too but if you're the stingy type also try adjusting. Stop cautioning with your hands, she's not a Goat

You simply can't give enough to a materialistic woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:

what stops her from going out to hustle since money is easy to make,
didn't you read the part the guy said he is a federal government staff on a 100k+ salary plus other hustle
what exactly does 100+k mean, below 150k or almost 200k??

The op seems like a mediocre man to me. He doesn't want to advance further. If his wife doesn't push him to hustle, who else will.

Please what is wrong with a flamboyant lifestyle? Does her husband have two heads. Let him go and make money so that she can be proud of him

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by humilitypays(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2020
humilitypays:
I have said it over and over again, 99% of the problems in today marriages is as a result of money and then sex!

Guys don't allow anybody to push you to marry when you are not financially ready and settled because majority of ladies today want a flamboyant life even in marriage....social media have influenced today women, they now live for the gram!

Op, with the kind of life most Nigerian ladies of today want to live in marriage, no federal civil service job without corruption can afford it. How much do they pay most civil servants; NGN250,000 at most for level 12 above which most young people cannot attain until they have approached 50yrs+.

It is not a must to marry. If you cannot find a lady ready to work and till the soil with you to make that billions she wants to enjoy and flaunt, please stay single oh, the world is already overpopulated, we have enough humans so if you no born, its not a big deal!!

If you must marry, marry a working class lady, working class ladies seem to have sense small, more than jobless, unemployed ladies who only sit at home watching TV and fantasising to live flamboyant life like those they spend their whole time watching on TV. Guys stop glorifying unemployed, manner less ladies with wedding ring!!!

Marry financially productive ladies, they understand the pains of making a dime, they appreciate the little you have and are ready to put effort with you to build that dream future, not all those lazy, jobless ladies una de marry all because of big ass and big breast that you will still get bored and tired of after you marry her angry
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by lereinter(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2020
Poorboy:
Broke man ,broke man if her father is not broke will she be totally dependent on you.

How old is she?

Is she educated?

Does she have a job?

Is the other sisters married and doing well than you people?

Is she from a wealthy home, like she is used to comfort already?

Which state do you reside?

See you cannot satisfy greed, your wife is a greedy person. How can your wife ask you to look for money for her to travel out then you feel you have a wife.

Work on your emotions don't allow the term wife to make you try to impress, if you put yourself in unnecessary pressure to make money and die before your burial another man will already be sleeping with her. She is the money type.

Tell people the truth and let them know their worth, I once told my fiancee I am not your responsibility, if you can't survive quit.

Don't regret beating her, though I don't subscribe to that.

Double tuale for you

1 Like

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by dotedote: 9:35pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Much gratitude for this piece of advice, I will as much as possible to and amen to the prayer.

No wonder you're being flogged emotionally by your unreasonable babymama. So you think you can sit such a person down to talk to. WehDoneZa.
We're here sha.
She go soon tell you she wan go see her sick mama. We know where exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Tinyemeka(m): 9:37pm On May 20, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Still on “STRUGGLE LOVE”! cheesy

A thread with a “bemoaning, god-fearing husband las las. cheesy

All fingers are not equal.

All cerebrum do not fire equally.
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by lereinter(m): 9:40pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

Thanks a lot, she's asleep now.....I sincerely appreciate.

It seems the op na woman wrapper

Gerrout jare

2 Likes

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 20, 2020
nedekid:

Seconded!

Thirded!
Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid:

chai Oga
may divine wisdom rest upon you in Jesus name

Re: Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes by grandstar(m): 9:43pm On May 20, 2020
ademidedavid
You have to be firm and she must know you're a no-nonsense man and you'll never soil your hands. Once that message sinks in, her brain will reset and she will accept things.

Do you think Buhari never faced pressure from his wife to be corrupt when he was under PTF? Most upright men face pressure from their wives or children yet they stand their ground. It is simply not in their character.

Do you want the better things in life for yourself and your children? Do you think the federal job can achieve it? If not, start putting in place a plan B

Can you engage in private practice? If yes, then do.

If not, you can make plans to retire and enter the private sector either as an employee or as a self-employed person. Use your present position for networking so as to position you well when you're into business. Make friends and connections now by doing a great job and leaving a good name.

Even if you start PP now, you may have to keep it from your wife lest she starts living a flamboyant life. You may eventually have to retire so you can live well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

I Am Suspecting My Wife Is Cheating. Should I Confront Her? / My Wife Complains That My Private Part Is Too Big & That I Stay Too Long, Help / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.